• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

blazeuk

Crota HM (started from the Crota CP) gave me the helmet (again), 8 shards and Dragon's Breath - after last week of only getting 2 shards, the shader and a helmet it's an improvement but not much of one...

Trace

Banned
If any warlock/titans want a free HM bridge, let me know.

Cheesing it with a friend, if anyone wants the free loot let me know in the next few minutes.

Stubo

Will be logging on for 3x nightfalls and at least 1 hard mode CE on Xbone in a few minutes.

Any gaffers looking for these?

stb

I may be up for that. I need to run 3x of each but I can always run the last ones some other time before the reset.

Our "usual" NF/WH party (you, me, and the other Dave) will be running 1x tonight if you wanna join. 7-ish (edit: CENTRAL).

I was debating running normal full CE after, but I think I'm burning out. I don't have the energy to set up the group, invite everyone, slog through it, get annoyed we aren't beating it, etc. I just want my legs or chest, then the Fang, and never go back into the Hellmouth.

thread is moving oddly slow for reset day

DGAF and HM Crota:

v98AOk.gif

Frostburn

noomi said:
Still have 3 atheons left for that chance, I'll be putting a group together for it later today if anyone is interested in 3 back to back kills. Probably a few hours from now.

I'm down for 3x Atheon as well in a bit. Can bring another as well if needed.

Ragarra

Awesome. I'll hit you up around then.

Side note: are we going to raid on Friday night? HM Crota? I only need the Word of Crota to complete my collection. I'd also be down for some old school HM VoG. Basically, I just want a shot at an exotic (Horn).

I would be up for it Friday night or Saturday during the day again if we can convince Byte to do it again.

Thanks for trying to help out T-44. you too Bogue.

thanks for helping out Boguester.

:) Happy to help whenever, just send a PM or PSN message if you don't see me posting around here.

Poor Brota just wanted to hang out

Amazing. I'll gif up my viewpoint and post it in a bit. :p

If there were voice comms, there would be a lot of me going "Toasty ajda0 do a thing ajd a9w skeeba-deeba RUN TO THE LEFT iahdio !!!"

he was especially bragging on Bogue's sword skills.

It's very nice/complementary when people are appreciative about sword runners, but.... its very existence makes me fucking furious.
sometimes I have a temper
Raiding should be mechanically complex to give a group lots to think about and problems to solve. It's about an exciting, collaborative spirit where everyone can feel important and valuable. It shouldn't be "5 people stand around and try not to wipe the run while 1 person literally kills the boss by him/herself (i.e. HP bar). The stupidly tight timing windows that make the fight unplayable with noticeable lag are supposed to serve as a substitute for ACTUAL TEAMWORK. You know, where every person has an interesting role to contribute.

A big part of the unpleasant feeling during Crota fights is that no one else has a chance to feel good about themselves. Their minimal tasks are so dull, they can only ever feel bad for making a simple mistake.

"Shit, I fell off the ledge"
"Damn, Boomer hid behind that pillar, couldn't see him"
"Arrggh I blew myself up with a rocket."
"I was out of heavy synth..."
"Sorry I killed the knight before you used a super on him." (credit: LTWood)

I spent countless hours helping groups through VoG, everyone from Gaffers to Tower randos. Many of these randos are the scrubby non-gaf friends who hop into my party chats and embarrass me to this very day, haha. It was fantastic to watch each group grow through that learning process, understanding VoG's language until finally culminating at Atheon.
Hawk knows.
A well-executed Atheon run has an intoxicating rhythm that's never gotten old for me.

Running sword on Crota is completely different. It sounds terrible, but I feel like a kinder-guardian school teacher breaking down the strat: "Stand here, look there and shoot when I tell you to." To be clear: this is an insult to the encounter itself and not remotely to any other players. Nobody wants to waste hours learning all the stupid ways to fail at this point. I guess that's what I mean when I say I have a weird perspective on this game, Crota offends me on a strangely personal level.

Playing with everyone last night/this morning was a blast and everyone was right on point and still kept a good attitude despite the obvious frustrations. So thanks to everyone for a great team(s).

fake edit: Intentional top-o-page. Come at me, DGAF ╭∩╮(-_-)╭∩╮

LTWood12

So what's the ultimate Rainbow Burn loadout for Omnigul??

I'm thinking Fang, Black Hammer, Gjallarhorn. Trying to live vicariously while I'm stuck at work.

koryuken

Hi guys, i spent about 20 hours last week with various groups from LFG unable to kill Crota HM. Are there any groups that have done it here, and can i please join? :(

*I have two 32s and Max GGhorn on both.*

Dave_6

Our "usual" NF/WH party (you, me, and the other Dave) will be running 1x tonight if you wanna join. 7-ish (edit: CENTRAL).

I was debating running normal full CE after, but I think I'm burning out. I don't have the energy to set up the group, invite everyone, slog through it, get annoyed we aren't beating it, etc. I just want my legs or chest, then the Fang, and never go back into the Hellmouth.

Yeah I will be on around 7. I edited my previous post to tell Dazzler I'd run his with him a little later (if he's ok with that).

I'm still pumped after our run last night. Granted it wasn't the whole raid and I didn't even get one weapon drop, but it was still fun. I still don't even have the Black Hammer and need the chest and boots for my Hunter (got my 2nd helmet last night).

A well-executed Atheon run has an intoxicating rhythm that's never gotten old for me.

Funny you should say that. I took some time off from VoG over the last few weeks. Gave it a go with a GAF group this past weekend. It was so much more fun than Crota. As you said, the rhythm is addictive.

The Atheon fight itself is much more well-paced in general. Also, when an auto-wipe glitch happens, it's not that big of a deal. With Crota, a glitch (which I still say is way more frequent than anything I've seen with Atheon) means you wipe and have to go back and spend what seems like 10 mins taking out those adds at the beginning AGAIN. Obnoxious and pace-killing.

Top Bottom