• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

ocean

Banned
what is the rarest Exotic Weapon?

IMO, Hard Light is probably the rarest. The rarest I ever was killed by in Crucible and don't know any body who has one.

2nd is Red Death, same as above but I have been killed by it more often than Hard Light but don't know anyone who has one
Red Death has been sold twice by Xûr (let's say once because few people could afford a Primary the first week), so I doubt it qualifies as the rarest. None of the bounty weapons would qualify either.

I'd say the rarest is probably a toss-up between the three Xûr hasn't sold: Universal Remote, Hard Light and Thunderlord. Hard to tell where the Vex Mythoclast falls on that scale since it's a rare drop but you can force it to drop with enough perseverance, unlike other Exotics.

If we want to be pedantic, the rarest is The Fate of All Fools, an Exotic Scout Rifle which only one Guardian has as far as I'm aware.

Waldini

Sure they did. I remember a Bungie employee whos profile was visible. He was level 33. Im pretty sure they did not do it on 32.

spyder_ur

I am missing Monte Carlo, Universal Remote and Red Death, so those are by definition the rarest weapons. And I haven't finished the bounties for Pocket Infinity and SGA, although those don't really count I don't think.

zewone

I am missing Monte Carlo, Universal Remote and Red Death, so those are by definition the rarest weapons. And I haven't finished the bounties for Pocket Infinity and SGA, although those don't really count I don't think.

It took me like 4 months to get SGA bounty.

Mindlog

I'm missing Monte Carlo and No Land Beyond.
I want one Monte Carlo for STR builds, but skipping NLB entirely because I have no room. I am completely out of Vault and Carry space. Have no idea where I will put the Crota Scout Rifle or Hand Cannon if I get them. Will probably just shard them since we're going to get HoW weapons soon anyway.

But I have all of those.

I am missing Thunderlord, Hard Light and 4th Horseman, so THOSE are by definition the rarest.

Bogeypop

So I was disappointed that I didn't get any of the new Raid Primaries from Crota, I even checked the Post Master immediately after my Crota kill and nothing was waiting for me in the mail. Then I did the first half of the Hard Mode Raid, and got the Pulse Rifle. Today, after doing all my bounties, I check the Post Master for no particular reason, and the Raid Auto Rifle has mysteriously shown up.

FerNFTT.png

Dazzler

Hard Light was the first ever Exotic I got

Dropped for me in VoG

Got a mythoclast on my first hard Atheon kill too. Still no Ballerhorn, tho :(

Red Death has been sold twice by Xûr (let's say once because few people could afford a Primary the first week), so I doubt it qualifies as the rarest. None of the bounty weapons would qualify either.

I'd say the rarest is probably a toss-up between the three Xûr hasn't sold: Universal Remote, Hard Light and Thunderlord. Hard to tell where the Vex Mythoclast falls on that scale since it's a rare drop but you can force it to drop with enough perseverance, unlike other Exotics.

If we want to be pedantic, the rarest is The Fate of All Fools, an Exotic Scout Rifle which only one Guardian has as far as I'm aware.

he has sold Universal Remote but that was a long long time ago when we didn't have much coins.

my drops
2 Unverisal Remotes drop (one pre, one post) (sharded my old, kept the post)
2 Suros Regimes ( dropped post) (I previously bought one a long time ago in pre) (sharded the 3rd)
2 Monte Carlos (one pre, one post) (sharded my pre, kept the post)
1 Hawkmoon
2 Gjalahorns (one pre, one post)
1 Ice Breaker (post) (on the same week that I bought one from Xur, like wut?)
1 Patience in Team (pre)
1 Mida Multi Tool (post) (sharded my old, kept the post)

and 1 fucking No Land Beyound

Cømet

Banned
So I was disappointed that I didn't get any of the new Raid Primaries from Crota, I even checked the Post Master immediately after my Crota kill and nothing was waiting for me in the mail. Then I did the first half of the Hard Mode Raid, and got the Pulse Rifle. Today, after doing all my bounties, I check the Post Master for no particular reason, and the Raid Auto Rifle has mysteriously shown up.

Raid autorifle is the shit, I love it. Lich Bane isn't as good as I expected (was expecting more Saint-14 tier, ah well) but the crit damage is good, the focus fire helps and the actual gun stats are pretty on point. To top off, it's solar.

It'll certainly do til the HoW ARs hit!

Stop, everyone knows the Khvostov is the rarest gun in the game.

I had such high hopes for the Khostov. Expected it to be an upgradeable weapon late-game, like the Necrochasm chain.

One more thing about deej, I hope none of you believe the Crux of Crota is actually available right now.

They messed something up and it's not dropping. This is exactly like the Husk of the Pit.

It was supposed to be available on day one of TDB. They forgot to add it to the pool and it mysteriously didn't drop until a patch in the 2nd week. I wouldn't be surprised for the Crux not to drop until whenever the next patch is.

there isn't a lot of incentive for doing hard Crota every week. If I get crux of Crota and the two other primaries from Crota i probably won't do hard mode anymore so it's either not in the loot table right now or it is and the chances for it dropping are super low atm.

Either way I wouldn't believe what Deej says. They've bullshitted us before

But I have all those.

3 Thunderlords even.

Thank you for volunteering for the open position of my nemesis.

If accepted I'll PM you the necessary paperwork to fill out.
there isn't a lot of incentive for doing hard Crota every week. If I get crux of Crota and the two other primaries from Crota i probably won't do hard mode anymore so it's either not in the loot table right now or it is and the chances for it dropping are super low atm.

Either way I wouldn't believe what Deej says. They've bullshitted us before

Once I get primary and the Crux, I'll probably just do the Abyss and the Bridge for extra shards/energies until I no longer need them.

Then I'll fall back to running normal for fun with on the fly groups.

rNilla

Cømet;148843511 said:
I had such high hopes for the Khostov. Expected it to be an upgradeable weapon late-game, like the Necrochasm chain.

Still waiting for this. I'll never dismantle it. NEVER.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Let's see, for exotic weapons I'm missing:

Red Death
Dragon's Breath (lol, purposely didn't not buy it)
Thunderlord ( :( )
Universal Remote

I think that's it? Had two Monte Carlos. Sharded one for the exotic shard. Terrible gun.

Gjallarhorn, while rare for others, has dropped for me 3 times, back when Destiny was brand new. I still remember being disappointed when I first got it, thinking that I rarely used Rocket Launchers. LOL.

Still can't get the Husk to drop or Fatebringer :/

I am in dire need of vault space.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
I played for the first time in about 1-2 weeks earlier today. I did the nightfall and got 9 energies. Screw you too, Destiny. :|

ocean

Banned
I wonder if Bungie themselves ever beat Crota HM. . I feel like they themselves didn't beat it

It's not unfairly difficult. The guys who were running on Wednesday had an extremely tough time because nobody had figured out effective strategies yet. Same thing happened when Normal CE launched. First runs took hours, and now you can do a full fresh in 45 mins.

I ran with Dhruv, Jinjo and a few other guys earlier today and we got it on our first try. It was my first-ever Heroic Crota run too. In fact, nobody died during the entire Crota encounter.

We followed the plan, played it safe, coordinated our movements and had a great sword bearer. I'm sure Bungie QA gave it the green light knowing full-well this is a doable encounter. Not because we're uber-elite players (maybe Dhruv :p), but because some other guys had spent frustrating, agonizing hours coming up with safe positions. It's doable now!

Even the Horn requirement can be worked around (it'll just mean more people need to fire more rockets but it isn't a complete deal breaker). What I don't know is how you can pull off Heroic Crota without Titans :p

Blinding Swordbearers and Ogres with Flashbangs and popping Wards of Dawn to provide cover/health restore is invaluable.

ocean

Banned
I got 2 Hard Lights this weeks alone. Is it any good? Seems like a crappy high rate of fire low impact type of AR. And it looks like a 2x4.

I don't have it but I'd love it just to mess with Defenders in PvP. That thing can shoot through bubbles!

Top Bottom