• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

The Hive Disruptor perk which increases damage to Hive majors is white damage. White Nail and Phantom Gift only proc on crits. Hive Disruptor on both negate the main perks (explosive rounds on Word of Crota does as well). Bungies solution was removing Hive Disruptor for Black Hammer until fixed (no eta on that lol)

Word of Crota is still bugged, don't use explosive rounds or buy Hive Disruptor for it.

Both have perks that require consecutive crits. The Hive Disruptor perk deals extra (non crit) damage to Hive Majors, which stops the other perk (which requires consecutive crits) from working.

So if you have a Black Hammer with Hive Disruptor, you get 3 consecutive crits on a Hive Major....and have to reload. The Disruptor damage makes the game believe you didn't get 3 consecutive crits. I believe they disabled Hive Disruptor on BH because of this.

Word of Crota, however, is in the same position except Hive Disruptor hasn't been disabled on it. So if you get it as a drop, don't buy that optional perk until it gets fixed.

Edit: beat :)

C'mon guys, buy 'them' I obviously meant Bungie.

thanks for the replies

chewydogg

I'll post the heavy ammo glitch because that sounds amazing, but the 2 sword no triple down thing isn't new or different than Lv31 normal CE and frankly I wouldn't recommend it to anyone just trying to get the kill. 3 swords are very very easy to come by, and the enrage when low health thing makes it inadvisable to push 2 sword damage that hard for most teams.

Crota Infinite Heavy Ammo Glitch:
1. Equip Ice Breaker.
2. Deplete all primary and heavy ammo
3. Watch every enemy you and your team kill drop heavy ammo
Tip: No Land Beyond is a good weapon for depleting your primary ammo. Not even a troll. Equipping the Corrective Measure LMG from VoG gave me 4 Gjallahorn rockets per heavy ammo drop.

Maybe its not a glitch at all...

Xür sells IceBreaker the week before HM drops, then No Land Beyond. Oh and he doesn't bring heavy ammo...

Thanks, Bungie?

Friend of mine has 4 horns, now thats just down right greedy. Xbox here, so Hawkmoon isnt in the cards for a few more months.

Count yourself lucky.

Much like you I can't score a Hawkmoon but at least you don't have to get killed by that OP'd weapon in crucible and have it rubbed in your face every time.

zewone

One more thing about deej, I hope none of you believe the Crux of Crota is actually available right now.

They messed something up and it's not dropping. This is exactly like the Husk of the Pit.

It was supposed to be available on day one of TDB. They forgot to add it to the pool and it mysteriously didn't drop until a patch in the 2nd week. I wouldn't be surprised for the Crux not to drop until whenever the next patch is.

what is the rarest Exotic Weapon?

IMO, Hard Light is probably the rarest. The rarest I ever was killed by in Crucible and don't know any body who has one.

2nd is Red Death, same as above but I have been killed by it more often than Hard Light but don't know anyone who has one

One more thing about deej, I hope none of you believe the Crux of Crota is actually available right now.

They messed something up and it's not dropping. This is exactly like the Husk of the Pit.

It was supposed to be available on day one of TDB. They forgot to add it to the pool and it mysteriously didn't drop until a patch in the 2nd week. I wouldn't be surprised for the Crux not to drop until whenever the next patch is.

What I'd give to be a fly on the wall inside Bungie HQ.

That heavy ammo glitch is such poetic justice for Bungie sitting on the losing heavy ammo glitch for months. I can't wait for the implosion once this surplus glitch gets fixed before the lose ammo glitch.

C'mon guys, buy 'them' I obviously meant Bungie.

thanks for the replies

Honestly it blows my mind that Bungie, despite knowing that Black Hammer had problems with Hive Disruptor, didn't anticipate the same happening with Word of Crota.

I mean...it's just...uhhh...wow.

z3phon

Can someone please point out an efficient way to farm vanguard rep. I stopped playing the game before the expansion got released so now I need commendations to get the new vanguard gear, so any advice about farming rep would be appreciated.
I read on reddit about the fire team split farming on earth, since none of my friends play the game any more I don't have anyone to farm with. Are there any decent solo methods to farming rep.

IMO, Hard Light is probably the rarest. The rarest I ever was killed by in Crucible and don't know any body who has one.

2nd is Red Death, same as above but I have been killed by it more often than Hard Light but don't know anyone who has one

Nah Hard Light just sucks ass so no one uses it.

realcZk

they gonna hotfix it as soon as no hard mode crota cheeses leak...would bet it was left out intentionally to not have another mythoblast happening from easy raid boss cheeses

just because they told deej "its in the loot table" doesnt mean it'll drop

Ruze789

GAF XBOX ONE Destiny (& crota hm) list thus far;

- Liquidsnake00 (32 Hunter)
- randomraawr
- dmh33 (32 Warlock x2 [dirty])
- Korosenai
- Tapiozona (32 Hunter)
- purg3 (32 Titan x3)
- Iceman829 (32 Hunter, 32 Warlock, 31 Titan)
- Homeboyd903 (32 Titan x3)
- TacticalFailure (32 Titan, 31 warlock, 31 hunter)
- yLEFTy (32 titan and hunter and 31 warlock)
- Mortalikus (32 Titan)
- Ev0lved1 (31 Titan)
- SimpleCRIPPLE (32 Titan(x2))
- Vince DiCola (32 Warlock, 31 Titan, 31 Hunter)
- Karl2177 (32 Hunter, 31 Titan, 31 Warlock)
- Macjester (31 Hunter, 31 Titan, 30 Warlock -- very soon 31)
- Toejam2501 (32 Warlocks x2, 31 Titan)
- Guitaratomik (Warlock 31 (Titan 31 soon))
- NJ Shlice (32 Warlock, 32 Titan, 31 Hunter)
- misterthirsty (32 Titan x2 and 31 warlock)
- rlench (30 Titan)
- justkelson (32 Titan, 31 Hunter (soon to be 32), 31 Warlock)
- Natural vV High (32 Hunter, 31 Titan)

Feel free to add everyone to your friend's lists.

Going to lunch now so feel free to PM me so I don't miss your post to be added.

GT: Ruze789 (31 Warlock, lowly 29 Hunter & Titan)

I have yet to play VoG HM or any CE, but would love to run them at some point.

jaaz

From what I've seen, Monte Carlo is the rarest.

Can someone please point out an efficient way to farm vanguard rep. I stopped playing the game before the expansion got released so now I need commendations to get the new vanguard gear, so any advice about farming rep would be appreciated.
I read on reddit about the fire team split farming on earth, since none of my friends play the game any more I don't have anyone to farm with. Are there any decent solo methods to farming rep.

Patrol+bounties+public events is the best to hope for. Focus on assassinations and kills, followed by collections, then last the scan and recon. Keep the Destiny public events site up and look into basing your movements on that.

Be thankful that we're not talking about the endless slog that is Crucible rep+marks.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
That heavy ammo glitch is such poetic justice for Bungie sitting on the losing heavy ammo glitch for months. I can't wait for the implosion once this surplus glitch gets fixed before the lose ammo glitch.

Hmm? What glitch?

I'll post the heavy ammo glitch because that sounds amazing, but the 2 sword no triple down thing isn't new or different than Lv31 normal CE and frankly I wouldn't recommend it to anyone just trying to get the kill. 3 swords are very very easy to come by, and the enrage when low health thing makes it inadvisable to push 2 sword damage that hard for most teams.

Crota Infinite Heavy Ammo Glitch:
1. Equip Ice Breaker.
2. Deplete all primary and heavy ammo
3. Watch every enemy you and your team kill drop heavy ammo
Tip: No Land Beyond is a good weapon for depleting your primary ammo. Not even a troll. Equipping the Corrective Measure LMG from VoG gave me 4 Gjallahorn rockets per heavy ammo drop.

Lol. Might buy No Land Beyond now.

Maybe its not a glitch at all...

Xür sells IceBreaker the week before HM drops, then No Land Beyond. Oh and he doesn't bring heavy ammo...

Thanks, Bungie?

Actually, I just got Universal Remote from Deathsinger and that might be almost as good. Perhaps this game is trying to tell us something.

Arrrammis

Nah Hard Light just sucks ass so no one uses it.

Personally, It's one of the only auto rifles I will ever use. Although not as well-liked as the Suros, I really like the feel of it. Plus, it's fun running around in PvE and just killing enemies by shooting the ground or walls and having the bullets bounce into them. Also had a few funny (and probably rage-inducing) kills by bouncing bullets around corners to hit enemies.

Xur hasn't sold it yet, so it has kind of slid under everyone's radar.

In one normal CE run yesterday on my Titan, I got Red Death from Deathsinger and Hard Light from Crota.

spyder_ur

Things calmed down a bit over here? Feel like when I was last posting Wednesday it was a little tense.

Are Gaf groups getting to the point where they can clear HM Crota fairly regularly? Probably gonna try this weekend.

zewone

Things calmed down a bit over here? Feel like when I was last posting Wednesday it was a little tense.

Are Gaf groups getting to the point where they can clear HM Crota fairly regularly? Probably gonna try this weekend.

Strategies have been worked out. Clears have been had. The people have been settled.

Greenymac

I have both of those, but no hawkmoon or monte carlo....Youd think I play on Xbox One...

E92 M3

I am missing Hard Light and Suros. Seems like I never even got close to a Hard Light; it's definitely rare.

Honestly it blows my mind that Bungie, despite knowing that Black Hammer had problems with Hive Disruptor, didn't anticipate the same happening with Word of Crota.

Bungie doesn't care that much. They know only the core will beat Crota on hard, and we will play this game regardless of broken perks or not. Very sad. I hypothesize that they are either busy working on comet or Destiny 2.

rNilla

there's only so many times I can change camera view

Were you not entertained?

OK this is silly but whenever I scroll up and catch a glimpse of this I start laughing again. I think it's really driving me crazy. I've kept this browser tab open for an hour: http://www.birdmanbackstage.com/

It's got the drums from Birdman playing in the background. I hate them and I love them and they make my web browsing sound dramatic and they're making me lose my mind maybe? Haha I blame them for finding your post so funny IRL :p

Step away from the mouse and keyboard. This is not a drill.

LiK

Vanguard Bounties in addition to just doing Vanguard Roc strikes.

MrS

Banned
Anybody got a Gorgon CP I can nab real quick on two characters?

Edit: Just seen Mindlog's post

I'm more surprised they didn't catch it on Black Hammer. Did seriously no one realize it during playtesting? Or is it confirmation that there is no playtesting.

zewone

I dunno, I have 2 hard lights and 2 monte carlos.

Red Death maybe?

Red Death was for sale.

The rarest exotics are going to be the 3 guns Xur hasn't sold (Thunderlord, Hard Light, Universal Remote) and of course the 3 PlayStation exotics.

Don't go for 4 hits. You might enrage him at the wrong time.

Edit: in fact you will definitely enrage him and then lose your sword before you can kill him. You'll enrage at hit 15 get another shot in and then all die.
We gave up on going for 4 hits after enough deaths and settled for 3 and even 2 on some instances where things went wrong. I was just hoping there was a clear cut always works strat for landing 4 hits.

You don't see HL because it sucks. It's in my vault where it belongs!

Arrrammis

Fastest way is really just picking up the daily bounties and running patrol. The assassination patrol missions (circle with a star/dot in the middle) are worth the same rep as a Roc strike, and usually take about 30 seconds, most of which is travel. The downside to this is that it gets pretty boring... but so does running the Will of Crota or Spongebob for hours on end (never seem to get anything else).

I have both of those... but no Horn... dammit...

I have Red Death and Hard Light, so they are for sure not rare.

I dont have Hawkmoon, Gjallahorn, Thunderlord, THOSE are rare.

actually who am I kidding, everyone and their mother has Hawkmoon and Gjallahorn.

Top Bottom