• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

LOL I was pretty shocked when it popped up.. all those raids and nightfalls, and a random control match is where it drops.

image-3.jpg

At least that is well deserved. Double Double.

Has anyone heard of a cheese where titans can smash crota off the map? My friend keeps saying its real, but I think he is hearing false rumor.

I posted a video few pages back, but I don't think it was intentional, just some weird glitch due to lag that made Crota jump off the map.

My fingers are really itching to try and take down crota again since I still have the HM CP.

Is anyone willing to help me out with this venture? If not I'll be willing to join up in a group for the full HM raid.

joecanada

Come on bro, this analysis is hardly fair. Here's what the crota fight boils down to for me if I'm on sniper duty: my job is to shoot knights in the head and hide from the ogre. That's it. If I am on shield duty, my job is to snipe a swordbearer in the head once or twice, then fire 2 rockets whenever the our sword guy says. I don't even have to think about when to fire - someone else will tell me. Then I run and hide from ogre. The only one that is doing anything remotely complex in crota is the sword bearer. This is exactly why I don't like the crota fight - it's way, way too overly simplistic.

Yeah I agree I mean if you want to break down the encounters into such simple terms... Crota is shoot a couple couple enemies, pray for swordbearer. That's it.
If you are on rocket duty - shoot swordbearer, shoot crota, repeat. It's literally a bore other than cheering on sword guy

KxoZz

I don't understand why they would make the worst class of weapon in the game into an exotic. I'd rather have a pulse rifle or something if they wanted to make a crappy weapon.

The Vex has a lot of great uses. It's great for Solar burns of course, makes that fusion rifle kill bounty a breeze and is a beast in PvP. Even if you're using it in normal PvE it's still good.
Necrochasm has basically no use at all. For Arc burns any other primary arc weapon is better. It looks like it'll be about as good in PvP as Epilogue is and in the video I was watching the guy using had to unload almost a full 42 round clip into a level 33 acolyte for it to die.
I have nothing against it being an auto rifle, it should just have a lower rate of fire and higher impact.

Gordon

Dear diary moment.

This is the first reset day since i learned what a reset was that i'm not excited to roll all the dices again.
Did nightfall 3 times already. No gjallarhorn as usual. The only thing i still care about.

I don't have a regular raid team. I'm usually invited when people need one more to fill their fireteam.

Was trying to solo the lamp part when i realized there's nothing i want from CE anymore.

I love this game despite all its flaws. But my enthusiasm is fading.
Gotta get those perfect-roll legendaries though..

xCobalt

Had a decent run earlier with Mattiator's group. A rocky start but I got some decent loot. Got the raid pulse rifle, auto rifle and the 4th Horseman.

Born2Live

The Vex has a lot of great uses. It's great for Solar burns of course, makes that fusion rifle kill bounty a breeze and is a beast in PvP. Even if you're using it in normal PvE it's still good.
Necrochasm has basically no use at all. For Arc burns any other primary arc weapon is better. It looks like it'll be about as good in PvP as Epilogue is and in the video I was watching the guy using had to unload almost a full 42 round clip into a level 33 acolyte for it to die.
I have nothing against it being an auto rifle, it should just have a lower rate of fire and higher impact.

You have my internet piqued. What would the top tier auto rifles be then? I'm guessing Suros would be top but what about Hard Light and Monte Carlo. Are these guns even worth upgrading?

SnakeEyes

Banned
Welp, my group beat Crota's End HM last at rollover in about 2hrs and I now have the Raid AR and a new Universal Remote to show for it.

On the upside, at least I can hit 32 on my Sunsinger build now. No more Forever 31 Club for me :D

It just occurred to me that I have never had a legendary void fusion rifle.

I have played this game for hundreds of hours, across 3 characters and never had one...

Suddenly I regret not buying the 77 Wizard...

Has anyone seen Heavy/Special weapons drop in Hard Mode? Last week it seemed like only the primaries and helm where dropping. This week, Crux for days... wondering if the others are dropping now.

So of all the times I've run Crota, that's 2-3 times a week since launch, and twice now on Hard, I have only ever had one Swordbreaker drop and one of the HM pulse rifles today. Crota hates me so much.

The two times I've cleared him on hard all I got was the helmet, which I had, and some shards.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Man I love Fang. I don't care what anyone says about Active Radar, shit saved my ass many times just now in the NF. So nice to be able to keep hammering mobs with ADS while knowing what's going on around you.

So of all the times I've run Crota, that's 2-3 times a week since launch, and twice now on Hard, I have only ever had one Swordbreaker drop and one of the HM pulse rifles today. Crota hates me so much.

I've done Normal crota every week 3x except last week (only did hard). No Hunger for me yet.

mcfizzle4

Has anyone seen Heavy/Special weapons drop in Hard Mode? Last week it seemed like only the primaries and helm where dropping. This week, Crux for days... wondering if the others are dropping now.
I had a fusion rifle drop for me from Crota HM.

Edit: maybe I didn't. I could've sworn I did but I don't see a second looking through my inventory unless I sharded it right away.

Had a decent night last night. Cleared my first normal CE an hour before reset and got Black Hammer and some gloves, then after reset we hit nightfall (got a Prestige IV - meh) and went and ran the entire CE again in like less than an hour. Got boots and a Dragon's Breath :D
I know it's not Gjallarhorn (one of my party members got his first during our first run) but it's my first exotic rocket launcher, and I'm reasonably stoked. More fun to put time/energy into than NLB lol

Overall I'm doing alright for playing since the beta, even if I am lacking the majority of the relevant exotic weapons lol (disregarding PS exclusives of course. I don't get the full version until the end of the year. Assuming it's all been released by then.)
Here's my collection so far

And is it just me, or does this armor make my Titan look like an eight-year-old in a costume?
Nice I'm glad you are enjoying yourself.

Did you make that picture showing your armor or is there a site for that?

-

Also is Voidfang any good for Warlocks? I already have Obsidian Mind and I'm hoping I get the Praxific chest

None for Hard. Have to do Normal first to have a chance at them. At least for Crota.

Hard Lamps=Pulse
Hard Bridge=Pulse, AR

I believe.

Top Bottom