• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
You have my internet piqued. What would the top tier auto rifles be then? I'm guessing Suros would be top but what about Hard Light and Monte Carlo. Are these guns even worth upgrading?
Not for typical use as an auto rifle, no. I'm not sure how to make a case for Hard Light, as I haven't upgraded or looked into it much.

Monte Carlo is a crazy fun weapon if you can theme a build around its effect; for example, pairing it with Claws of Ahamkara for constant Flame Shields on a Sunsinger.

The top tier auto rifles for the moment are Vanquisher VIII (from the New Monarchy), Abyss Defiant, the SUROS Regime, and the Vex if it counts.

None for Hard. Have to do Normal first to have a chance at them. At least for Crota.

Hard Lamps=Pulse
Hard Bridge=Pulse, AR

I believe.

Wondering about the Crota fight specifically. Someone posted they had the FR drop off Crota on HM, which would be rad. I need Black Hammer, Hunger and Light still. Alot of the people I know are sticking to Hard only, which I am avoiding if the special/heavies arent going to drop.

Also is Voidfang any good for Warlocks? I already have Obsidian Mind and I'm hoping I get the Praxific chest

I like Voidfang for PVP, since I can spam a grenade with each spawn. I really am a fan of Obsidian Mind for PVE though. Praxic Fire, I've heard of it, but my warlock has yet to get one. Maybe this week!

Wondering about the Crota fight specifically. Someone posted they had the FR drop off Crota on HM, which would be rad. I need Black Hammer, Hunger and Light still. Alot of the people I know are sticking to Hard only, which I am avoiding if the special/heavies arent going to drop.

Yea, in that case you definitely need to do Normal first for a chance at those.

I will be looking for a group to do Normal Crota 1-3x tonight depending on what people get/want. It'll be ridiculously easy compared to hard. We can start a group if you'd like. We can even 2 man it if nobody else wants to run Normal. I know at least Grimlock33 wants to do normal, not sure if he has yet or not.

I just need the checkpoint.

KxoZz

You have my internet piqued. What would the top tier auto rifles be then? I'm guessing Suros would be top but what about Hard Light and Monte Carlo. Are these guns even worth upgrading?

It's a preference thing really. I like suros, but my top AR would have to be Abyss Defiant.

My feeling about HL & MC is that they're ok but nothing special. Hard Light was my first exotic iirc and it was fun to play with but as soon as i got elemental primaries i never went back.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I'd like to run my level 31 hunter through if you have space. Solo's the lamps but still need to run the bridge onward.

Yeah we're going to do it much later.

So far it's You, Silver and I.

^And baby.

We're actually going to do the whole. I already killed Crota but I'm just going to help out Silver since he had to bail for work earlier this morning.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
I got my first armor piece that generates orbs from hive crits today. Damn it I want to turn all my shards I to energy for my Abyss but now the games tempting me upgrade yet another armor piece. First world problems, I know.

Yea, in that case you definitely need to do Normal first for a chance at those.

I will be looking for a group to do Normal Crota 1-3x tonight depending on what people get/want. It'll be ridiculously easy compared to hard. We can start a group if you'd like. We can even 2 man it if nobody else wants to run Normal. I know at least Grimlock33 wants to do normal, not sure if he has yet or not.

I just need the checkpoint.

Team Lonely Boner here.

Lnkn52

^And baby.

We're actually going to do the whole. I already killed Crota but I'm just going to help out Silver since he had to bail for work earlier this morning.

May I join?

M3Rocket

For Crota's End:

1) if I run Normal mode, the only difference is I have a better chance of getting the stuff that's NOT *only* available in Hard, right? e.g. the best chance of getting armor and special/heavy weapons is in normal mode because there are fewer things in the loot table. Right?

Yes.

2) I already have Hunger of Crota and Black Hammer. Are Light of the Abyss, Swordbreaker, and Song of Ir Yut worth grinding (doing BOTH normal and HM runs) for?

This really depend on whether you have other "comparable" weapons and how often you think you'd use them. My personal TDB weapons ranking--YMMV:
1. Black Hammer (When Godhorn equipped)
2. Hunger of Crota (When IB equipped)
3. Fang of Ir Yut (It's kinda like a baby born of the NiTC and Badger)
4. Light of the Abyss (Mini-Plan C, my favorite Legendary FR)
5. Abyss Defiant (Not enough impact for my liking. I use Grim Citizen if I want an AR)
6. Oversoul Edict (Best PR since the Stranger's Rifle/Red Death, but still a PR)
7. Swordbreaker (Range really sucks unless you like kissing Minows & Praetorians. Lots of better Shotguns)

NR. Word of Scrotum since I don't have it. Yet. But early reports indicate it won't be replacing my FB.

3) Are people seeing raid armor and raid weapons drop at about the same frequency in both modes?

The bottom line here is that I need legs or a chest to hit 32, I'd like the Fang because I like scouts, and the rest is gravy. I just want to know what I "should" be running to try to get those 2 things.

Complete CE on normal for max chances for raid armor (fewer weapons in loot table = better chance of getting armor). Then simply look for HM Crota CP to try for Fang.

12 Strange Coins for Nightfall. lol that's what I get thinking a second character would help me land Hawkmoon :p

Need one more for Weekly 30. PSN-ArkkAngel007

MrS

Banned
I like Voidfang for PVP, since I can spam a grenade with each spawn. I really am a fan of Obsidian Mind for PVE though. Praxic Fire, I've heard of it, but my warlock has yet to get one. Maybe this week!
Obsidian Mind over everything. Definitely the best 'lock exotic.

KxoZz

Just got invited to some some random fireteam in the tower. Didn't have anything else to do so I accepted for fun. No fireteam chat, ni party chat. 5 other randoms in there, leader went to orbit and to normal VoG @ oracles. Seemed like nobody had a clue what they were doing haha. Was fun trying to almost solo that part :p got up to 5th wace before it was too much to handle. Everyone left after that. T'was a strange experience.

forrest

formerly nacire

^And baby.

I could come and run sword but won't be until 11ish EST

Top Bottom