• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

It happened to us at enrage today. Did you get that earlier or was it also upon Enrage? its only a problem of it catches us by surprise. If it's a certain thing that they'll attack at enrage we can be ready for it and get those rockets out for the last sword mid air or whatever :p

Yea it happened right at enrage for us as well

Korosenai

Depends on what you're doing really. In PVE, you'll likely want to go with the extra ammo as the gun is pretty stable on it's own anyways.

In PVP, you don't need all that ammo, so you might as well make it more stable.
Good thinking. I've used the extra ammo on my VoC ever since I got it, just wasn't sure about this scout. Gonna just use extra ammo all the time and spray and play. I don't care about marking anything.

So if I've done my math right.

It takes 18 big swings to kill Crota.

Someone showed that 1 big swing is roughly 15K damage. So lets say Crota has 270,000hp.

That means that a Weapons of Light swing should do 18,750 per big swing, or 15 total swings to kill Crota.

With the extra perk, a big swing should do 20,250 per big swing, or 14 total swings.

Now, If you really push for time, you can get in 9 big swings per sword, if using the 3 kneels per. Thus, you should be able to kill Crota on the second sword, with the 14th swing. 13th swing if using the super for the last hit.

What's nice is it should still trigger enrage at a safe time.

Edit: Even if you didn't want to do 3 kneels per sword, you could probably do 2 kneels per swing as long as you use the super once per sword.

ocean

Banned
Yea it happened right at enrage for us as well
Perfect, seems like it's a sure thing then. They actually killed me and someone else on the team just as Crota died, it was an otherwise Flawless segment.

One more thing to remember during the fight! Congrats on the kill guys :)

ERMint13

Someone showed that 1 big swing is roughly 15K damage. So lets say Crota has 270,000hp.

That means that a Weapons of Light swing should do 18,750 per big swing, or 15 total swings to kill Crota.

With the extra perk, a big swing should do 20,250 per big swing, or 14 total swings.

Now, If you really push for time, you can get in 9 big swings per sword, if using the 3 kneels per. Thus, you should be able to kill Crota on the second sword, with the 14th swing. 13th swing if using the super for the last hit.

I thought weapons of light didn't help the sword bearer at all?

*My team also had thrall swipe through the glass once Crota Enraged....

So no confirmed Crux drop yet?

It is obviously tied to some weird thing you have to do? Kill Crota under a certain time? Kill every Gatekeeper that spawns?

Acorn

Think I'm gonna cut back heavily on destiny. HM Crota is soul crushing and getting a group to start with is getting harder for me with people on my fl dropping the game or having their own groups.

bitsurugi

Edit: Even if you didn't want to do 3 kneels per sword, you could probably do 2 kneels per swing as long as you use the super once per sword.

WoL doesn't proc on sword.

Tapiozona

Banned
Updated GAF XBOX ONE Destiny (& crota hm) list thus far;
XBone of Crota

- Liquidsnake00 (32 Hunter)
- randomraawr
- dmh33 (32 Warlock x2 [dirty])
- Korosenai (32 Hunter x3 [ninja level sword bearer])
- Tapiozona (32 Hunter)
- purg3 (32 Titan x3)
- Iceman829 (32 Hunter, 32 Warlock, 31 Titan)
- Homeboyd903 (32 Titan x3)
- TacticalFailure (32 Titan, 31 warlock, 31 hunter)
- yLEFTy (32 titan and hunter and 31 warlock)
- Mortalikus (32 Titan)
- Ev0lved1 (31 Titan)
- SimpleCRIPPLE (32 Titan(x2))
- Vince DiCola (32 Warlock, 31 Titan, 31 Hunter)
- Karl2177 (32 Hunter, 31 Titan, 31 Warlock)
- Macjester (31 Hunter, 31 Titan, 30 Warlock -- very soon 31)
- Toejam2501 (32 Warlocks x2, 31 Titan)
- Guitaratomik (Warlock 31 (Titan 31 soon))
- NJ Shlice (32 Warlock, 32 Titan, 31 Hunter)
- misterthirsty (32 Titan x2 and 31 warlock)
- rlench (30 Titan)
- justkelson (32 Titan, 31 Hunter (soon to be 32), 31 Warlock)
- Natural vV High (32 Hunter, 31 Titan)
- justkelson (32 Titan, 31 Hunter [soon to be 32], 31 Warlock)
- Alienoutsida (31 Warlock, 30 Titan, 30 Hunter) Titan and Hunter will both be 31 soon
- dmc spokane (32 Warlock/Titan/Hunter)
- Karg (32 Titan, 31 Hunter, 31 Warlock)
- Defyler (31 Hunter, 30 Titan)
- Ruze789 (31 Warlock, lowly 29 Hunter & Titan)

Feel free to add everyone to your friend's lists.

Thank you for volunteering for the open position of my nemesis.

If accepted I'll PM you the necessary paperwork to fill out.

tumblr_lrc44sTxvR1qddko5.gif

Cømet

Banned
there isn't a lot of incentive for doing hard Crota every week. If I get crux of Crota and the two other primaries from Crota i probably won't do hard mode anymore so it's either not in the loot table right now or it is and the chances for it dropping are super low atm.

Either way I wouldn't believe what Deej says. They've bullshitted us before

Necrochasm will suck anyway, mark my words. Impact is a shit, not fancy firefly perk will save it.

Still waiting for this. I'll never dismantle it. NEVER.

Got two in the vault ready to go! Should definitely be patched in I reckon. The damn gun description suggests something greater than it is now.

I just want the Stranger's Rifle to be upgradable. It was like, the only good Pulse Rifle that wasn't an exotic.

That doesn't make sense either. THE Stranger's rifle, surely should have been your first legendary at least and not a blue. I mean really.

I hear great ideas in party chat all the time when me and friends are screwing around. Being able to buy elemental cores from Xur (at great cost of course) and use them to upgrade a weapon of your choice to a specific element type (perhaps through a quest trail of some kind?) would be awesome.

zewone

So no confirmed Crux drop yet?

It is obviously tied to some weird thing you have to do? Kill Crota under a certain time? Kill every Gatekeeper that spawns?

I think Bungie screwed up.

The only other possible theory is that it's not dropping because your first HM drop has a guaranteed shader.

Cømet;148851092 said:
That doesn't make sense either. THE Stranger's rifle, surely should have been your first legendary at least and not a blue. I mean really.

Due to sharing a very similar design to Fate of All Fools, it was believed to have originally been an exotic (it even has the very unique sites), but after Fate of All Fools was given as a gift that was a bit debunked.

The weapons are very clearly modeled after each other.

Jinjo

HAY GORDIANS

GLWnmJM.jpg

MIND IF I HIDE BHIND DIS ROCK??

YRBctxn.jpg

PLEASE DON"T HAVE AN ARMOR-PIERC...

KLP4eyV.gif

Awesome. That's a great solution for when the swordbearer decides to be a dick. Today on my second go ar Crota HM often he'd just literally run away to the left. Superannoying.

Homeboyd

Going to say it, I have all new raid weapons and fatebringer is still king.

Granted they're not all updated yet and I reeeeeally love the new scout. But FB. For real.

gatti-man

Going to say it, I have all new raid weapons and fatebringer is still king.

Granted their not all updated yet and I reeeeeally love the new scout. But FB. For real.

I have the scout from hm Crota and it looks like a nice alternative. Word of Crotas damage doesn't make up for a lack of firefly so fatebringer is still king of pve hand cannons imo

Born2Live

Any groups need forming for a kill on Crota. Want to get him done on my 32 Warlock.

Can't believe I missed Dhruvs group earlier today due to not having enough glimmer to get to 32.

PSN is Ty_84.

Top Bottom