• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

Midas

What's the tactic when when Crota hits enrage, while doing the "hide under the tower and run up the stairs" tactic? Should you move away as soon as you see the text or swing another sword at him? My team died a "few" times at that moment yesterday. Enrage and killed by Crota.

Also, got my second Gjallarhorn from Ir Yut. Got my first one last week. Haha.

picked up the season pass last week after a few months off the game. is the FwC, Newmonarchy, and Dead orbit faction rep a waste now?

it seems like the Vanguard has new expansion items but those other factions are the same.

Got the Crux of Crota today!

The best part was I was doing the Raid with two people I didn't know, and I proceeded to convince them that I didn't have a Husk of the Pit and didn't know what it was, and then convinced them that I don't want to bother trying to kill Hive Knights to get it to drop because they kill me in one hit. Then I convinced them that I thought Crota was a Hive Knight. Finally I convinced them that I dismantled it because I couldn't be bothered going through all the steps.

Dudes were getting seriously mad.

Got the Crux of Crota today!

The best part was I was doing the Raid with two people I didn't know, and I proceeded to convince them that I didn't have a Husk of the Pit and didn't know what it was, and then convinced them that I don't want to bother trying to kill Hive Knights to get it to drop because they kill me in one hit. Then I convinced them that I thought Crota was a Hive Knight. Finally I convinced them that I dismantled it because I couldn't be bothered going through all the steps.

Dudes were getting seriously mad.

:lol amazing

picked up the season pass last week after a few months off the game. is the FwC, Newmonarchy, and Dead orbit faction rep a waste now?

it seems like the Vanguard has new expansion items but those other factions are the same.

Those Dead Orbit shaders never go out of style.

I wouldn't call it a waste. An alternative way to get Crucible commendations if you don't want to go into pvp, and the gear is all updated to 33 light/331 dmg afaik. But getting Crucible and Vanguard leveled first is more important initially.

The armor and weapons are indeed the same, but the stats on those items are updated (33 light for the armor, 331 damage for the weapons)

Was playing a Roc strike, and this happened. He didn't even go through the chain breaking animation.
vn0qeGe.jpg

Those Dead Orbit shaders never go out of style.

I wouldn't call it a waste. An alternative way to get Crucible commendations if you don't want to go into pvp, and the gear is all updated to 33 light/331 dmg afaik. But getting Crucible and Vanguard leveled first is more important initially.

oh i see. I didn't realize the armor got a boost beyond the launch stats. makes sense now, thx

Finally downed crota for the first time tonight and damnit did it feel good. Took me some time to get used to timing and fast exits with the hunter but all glitches aside I feel comfortable running it now.

Shoutouts to the boys from last night and tonight for allowing me to get some practice runs in and for overall just being patient with me. You know who you are.

joecanada

So Nightfall was a waste of time yesterday...
1 x legendary heavy machine gun
1 x legendary scout rifle
1 x legendary auto rifle with 1/100 impact rating

So all in all I got 6 ass energy from three runs. At least I found two legendary engrams!
They were both class items...

3/3 legendary is a waste? Wow everyone is rich now apparently. I'm still finding legendaries with better perks all the time

What's going on in the drizz and LiK raid? Random not gaffer or something? .

What happened, who was that guy

Some friend of a friend of a friend of a who the f is that guy wanted to join to do fresh HM CE. He starts talking about how glad he is that we let him join because every group has been kicking him out of their fire team (hmm red flag).

Me, Lik and one other are 32s, everyone else is 31 including this all-star. He has no idea how the encounter works, keeps standing around at the start while everyone runs ahead, yelling at the "Lv32 Hunter" aka Lik that he has to solo the phase to carry everyone, that it's the only way to possibly finish it.

I called him out about it after a few wipes and he seemed to realize he was being rude... but just couldn't help himself. Thank goodness for gaf....

Some friend of a friend of a friend of a who the f is that guy wanted to join to do fresh HM CE. He starts talking about how glad he is that we let him join because every group has been kicking him out of their fire team (hmm red flag).

Me, Lik and one other are 32s, everyone else is 31 including this all-star. He has no idea how the encounter works, keeps standing around at the start while everyone runs ahead, yelling at the "Lv32 Hunter" aka Lik that he has to solo the phase to carry everyone, that it's the only way to possibly finish it.

I called him out about it after a few wipes and he seemed to realize he was being rude... but just couldn't help himself. Thank goodness for gaf....
Wish I cound have encounter that. Sounds like an interesting !

HM Crota makes me want to stop playing video games

After I get the scout rifle I'm never doing it again. F*ck off giving me 3 useless Words of Crota last week.

We almost got Crota on our first attempt, but the Swordbearer took too long to come out, ran a marathon around the map, and Crota went to high five him on the left in celebration. Rude.

This weeks payouts from nightfalls was the worst I have ever seen. I did it 3 times with 3 people and out of 9 drops it was all shards and energy. Like what the fuck.

Damn that was a close nightfall. I joined up on Tokunbo and Ourobolous on my Vita and we all almost died at the end. Played while laying in bed about half asleep.

Our rewards you ask?
Energy for the 2 gentleman and Strange Coins for me. Seriously Bungie?!

Also I now have collected 7 pairs of gloves for my warlock from the raid.

Fuuuuck you bungie. Meanwhile some guy i take in first time gets boots, gloves, chest in one run.

Hahahaha sounds similar to some LFG'ers I've met recently. <3 DGAF

Hmm, looking at HM Crota, I might not attempt it anymore, unless I do it with a group I know can accomplish it. Word of Crota doesn't seem too great, especially since Hive Disruptor breaks it. Fang looks cool, but the stats are nearly identical to my Calling scout rifle, and the perks don't seem worth the trouble. And while it does have arc damage, I would rather keep grinding for Fatebringer.

Someone prove me wrong why do I want these weapons so bad

Two Words

Only worthwhile thing I got this reset was Monte Carlo. I wonder how useful a melee trategy will work. I'm thinking flame shields for Warlock, the shield melee for Titan and invisibility for hunter.

Top Bottom