• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

D1AMONDDOGS

Neo Member
If anyone needs 1 more for VoG or CE (Normal, Full Raid on PS4) - I'm down.

29 Voidwalker Warlock. Very Familiar with VoG & Crota's End (save for the final battle.

PSN: Louie_Foxhound

does crucible or roc strikes drop exotic armor?

I've only seen weapons

how many chances are there for exotic armor exactly? just nightfalls and death singer?

i know xur sells one for every class but sometimes he sells the same damn ones for weeks in a row (starfire protocol)

Rixa

Has anyone got an Exotic as a reward for a ROC Strike?

I've done many, many of them now and never seen one drop in that particular mode.

Here are few Ive gotten and seen (havent took pics of every Exotic from Roc):
4horseman.PNG

Hawkmoon.PNG

Roc2exo.PNG

Omnigulsuros.PNG

Anyone doing the weekly heroic 30 and willing to let me tag along testing out remote play? Its local so shouldnt have connection issues, just wanna see how difficult it is to do a strike.

gcarlin5

Neo Member
does crucible or roc strikes drop exotic armor?

I've only seen weapons

how many chances are there for exotic armor exactly? just nightfalls and death singer?

i know xur sells one for every class but sometimes he sells the same damn ones for weeks in a row (starfire protocol)

I've had the Obsidian Mind and Claws of Ahamkara drop - plus a couple of exotic pieces for my hunter from Roc's

According to reddit you don't need to re level the necrochasm once your convert it from eidolon ally, which is pretty awesome, but I've gotta level the ally, and it's much slower than my hunger of Crota In terms of xp. Necrochasm is apparently 339 max dmg too.

Fuck yes. This game just brought my excitement back with a single bounty. A light in the dark exotic bounty. Time to finally get the thorn! Love hand cannons. 2 31's atm, neither which have or have had a chance to get it.

HAL-x9000

Fuck yes. This game just brought my excitement back with a single bounty. A light in the dark exotic bounty. Time to finally get the thorn! Love hand cannons. 2 31's atm, neither which have or have had a chance to get it.

Thorn is really nice! Really had fun at the iron banner event with it. But the bounty took me a while...

Thorn is really nice! Really had fun at the iron banner event with it. But the bounty took me a while...

I'v read it can take a while/be a bit of a pain. That's fine though, just knowing now I finally have a guaranteed way of getting it is awesome. My 31 Titan has a Legendary HC bought from the Vanguard guy and thats all I have as far as HC's go. Excited for this one.

Siiiiiiigh.

6 Hard raids in the last two weeks, still no Fang.

2 Words, a pulse rifle, an auto rifle, and more titan armor than anybody could ever use, but not the one drop I actually care about.

At this rate, I'll get the crux 7 times over before I get the one damn weapon I want. lol

Hyun Sai

Ok, my third No Land Beyond in 3 days. RNG's finest.

By the way, by doing this Nightfall with randoms, we see at once those who leave it when it pops in ROC ah ah ah.

2 more to go !

HAL-x9000

I'v read it can take a while/be a bit of a pain. That's fine though, just knowing now I finally have a guaranteed way of getting it is awesome. My 31 Titan has a Legendary HC bought from the Vanguard guy and thats all I have as far as HC's go. Excited for this one.

The void crucible kills can be tough, if you are not into pvp. For me killing Xyor was the hardest part because I needed a decent fireteam for that and I didn´t know about DestinyGAF at this time.

So if you ever need 1 more for Xyor, just shoot me a FR on PSN: HAL-x9000

Steroyd

Da fuq is wrong with RNG, ever since i got all the exotics I've been having mad luck with drops, not only did i get a silly amount yesterday but a Plan C dropped for me in crucible, stahp I have enough exotic shards.

Also why does the Nechrochasm exist, is what I'm thinking right now, as much as I thought it'd be a load of crap and it lived up to my expectations, I thought it was at least tailor made for the first part of the Crota's End raid... nope.

SkylineRKR

Da fuq is wrong with RNG, ever since i got all the exotics I've been having mad luck with drops, not only did i get a silly amount yesterday but a Plan C dropped for me in crucible, stahp I have enough exotic shards.

Also why does the Nechrochasm exist, is what I'm thinking right now, as much as I thought it'd be a load of crap and it lived up to my expectations, I thought it was at least tailor made for the first part of the Crota's End raid... nope.

Was rather obvious from the get go. Avoid everything high ROF/low Impact. Unless its Shingen class, with somewhat more impact and stability like Abyss Defiant and Monte Carlo.

Necrochasm is a piece of shit and everyone could see it coming. For Arc burn it might be okay but why just not using Fang or Fatebringer?

Atkison04

After I get the scout rifle I'm never doing it again. F*ck off giving me 3 useless Words of Crota last week.

We almost got Crota on our first attempt, but the Swordbearer took too long to come out, ran a marathon around the map, and Crota went to high five him on the left in celebration. Rude.

That was close man. We've got a good squad for it tonight though! I'll actually bring my proper load out this time! I really didn't think we were gonna attempt crota at all, so I left my only source of gaining back health at the tower! You down for back to back crota if it goes smooth enough? I'm using my warlock first, then titan with them bubbles.

Steroyd

Was rather obvious from the get go. Avoid everything high ROF/low Impact. Unless its Shingen class, with somewhat more impact and stability like Abyss Defiant and Monte Carlo.

Necrochasm is a piece of shit and everyone could see it coming. For Arc burn it might be okay but why just not using Fang or Fatebringer?

I like to give everything a chance before writing it off and could see a potential purpose for it, but i didn't know it was that crap for what looked like it's intended purpose.

Might use it in PvP for the lols.

SkylineRKR

Seems like all the exotics in TDB are crap. Except maybe 4th Horseman that might be decent after fully upgrade.

My verdict is that they're all shit. I only didn't check 4th, but its a shotty.

I'm not even chasing them. I just want Hawkmoon and Thunderlord to complete the original pool and consider it done. Thunderlord seems to drop from Ir Yut this week, so who knows.

wow that was awful... god bless them but probably not going to be able to do hm crota with the non-gaffers again.

If anybody wants to do hm crota, I kinda want to run the sword just as a palette cleanser.

Could I grab the hm templar checkpoint off you in half an hour? Need to help some mates get fatebringer.

Sadly I lost it because we beat Atheon on that same character. I'd be happy to run a HM VoG up to Templar just to re-secure that CP though.

Anyone have Templar CP or want to do hard VoG?

Oh man that bubble near the entrance haha.

He did it that run, and like 2 or three runs before that too. "Alright, don't block my rockets..." puts up a bubble right in front of me....

Other non-gaffer wanders off and pulls Sword Bearer waaaay up into the back room when we had 12 R2s + 2 R1s on him. Still came thhhiiiissss close to finishing it. That stuff is exactly what I meant posting yesterday about how everyone else has boring jobs and can basically only wipe runs by doing some silly mistake. Oof.

I'll keep running it if you or anyone else wants to do it.

Top Bottom