• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

Deku Tree

HM Crota makes me want to stop playing video games

I'm wishing I had the 2 hrs I just wasted back. Think I'm taking a Destiny break tomorrow. Maybe go outside and enjoy life away from Crota.

The bugs and inconsistencies are just make HM an annoyance rather than a challenge. Especially being underleveled from the start.

We took Crota down on our first attempt. Great

2nd attempt...2 1/2 hrs later something stupid always happens. Fluke deaths due to the game acting erratic, lag, or bugs. It starts to wear on you mentally and then we start making mistakes because of it. I need to go to bed lol

Sorry to hear that. I had to go to sleep a while before the rest of the guys. I was hoping you would get it because you kept going at it.

I think I need to keep running normal at least on my Titan (for the leg armor) and maybe my Hunter too (still needs a chest armor although already 32). Seems like it can be harder to get armor to drop on Hard.

I hate to say it but I feel like Bungie should patch the difficulty of HM CE raid. It's just too hard being under leveled for the encounter.

Man, I knew when he placed a bubble there we were fucked.
And trying to kill the lvl33 hallowed orges when he was a injuried lvl31. However I do understand about causal gamers since I have a few causal RL friends that want to do HM when a few of them barely know how to do the bridge legit..

Jinjo

And trying to kill the lvl33 hallowed orges when he was a lvl31. However I do understand about causal gamers since I have a few causal RL friends that want to do HM when a few of them barely know how to do the bridge legit..

I have friends who wanted to jump staight to VoG Hard without ever completing normal (Gatekeepers and Atheon)....

Talked them out of that, but it wasn't taken very well at first lol.

I loved the way you bladedanced all the way to Crota dodging boomers and stuff.

haha thanks man, you were killing it too but sadly our teammates couldn't stop killing us. I'm happy to keep running it to finish it off, always feel very unsettled if we don't close the deal.

Most people aren't like "us" in terms of being obsessive with optimized load outs, etc. I really want to try and help some of those types get the clears but man it becomes a drag when they keep throwing winning runs in the trash. I hate feeling conflicted about whether to just kick them out and get good people in or hope that they can pull it together.

That last round when the knights bombed you, I looked over and they were both just standing there raining death all over you over and over, I have no idea what happened to the Boomer team...

MrS

Banned
Yeah looking to do them tonight. Can't handle three days of Crota HM in a row lol.
The encounter is easy when everybody is doing what they should be doing. It's incredibly frustrating at times though. I'll be online same time as yesterday.

Born2Live

Looking to start a group for HM Crota kill. Who's interested?

1.Ty_84 (me)
2. Agent_Tiro
3. ToastyToast
4. Wulfie_031

2 more needed.

Sorry. Going to have to pull the plug on this. I need to get ready for work, I'll try and get another group together when I finish or hop into one.

noomi

Hawkmoon. Finally.

Gorgon chest.

Oh man, grats! I know how long you've been chasing after it.

Yeah... I know dude. One day our day will come, out of the group of people that want it here on gaf I am absolutely sure I will be the last to get it when Xur sells it after exclusivity is up with xbox :| That will take all the excitement away....

Has anyone got an Exotic as a reward for a ROC Strike?

I've done many, many of them now and never seen one drop in that particular mode.

Yes, I run ROC strikes everyday in hopes of hawkmoon dropping. So far I've received plan c and the no land beyond.

SAiLO

Fuck yes. This game just brought my excitement back with a single bounty. A light in the dark exotic bounty. Time to finally get the thorn! Love hand cannons. 2 31's atm, neither which have or have had a chance to get it.

You''ll love it. Bounty completion does take a while, though.

Steroyd

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

rc4P2rI.jpg

I lived!
Disclaimer: the game was the laggiest piece of shit I ever experienced at the start, and had to go afk in the middle to answer the door.

What a piece of shit the Necrochasm is, out of all my kills with it, it only did the explosion once, I echo what i said earlier this gun has no reason for existing, especially above the attack cap because it can do fuck all else other than harass level 9 thralls.

I knew it when it was announced, but can't say I didn't try, I have fun with the No Land Beyond in PvP ffs.

Jinjo

Yeah I feel bad but at the same time, it would be a long painful experiences.

Yeah exactly. Especially HM Crota, which can already be a painfully long experience when things are working against you, even with a competent group.

They are gonna wanna run HM Crota eventually though. My plan is to train them on a normal run without chalice and make them go through the entire Crota HM routine on normal (with everyone only allowed to be lv30-31) even before attempting hard for real.

I gotta up my sword game too.

noomi

Leveled up cryptarch, level 60! Two legendary engrams! One is heavy weapon the other special weapon!

Now I'm excited, I'm smiling, today is the day gents! IT'S HAPPENING!

Decrypt!

2 Shards, 2 Shards.... :) :| :(

fuck

Jinjo

Leveled up cryptarch, level 60! Two legendary engrams! One is heavy weapon the other special weapon!

Decrypt!

fuck

When you least expect it, noomi. When you least expect it.

hitlerat

Today I got two purple engrams... Primary and Heavy...
All I needed was a battlehorn....
So, I tried the heavy engram first, andd... shard...
The primary, another fuck hawkmoon... The third... :(

Decrypt!

fuck

Yeah, I'm not sure what's worse... When he gives me 2 rares for levelling up or when he gives me a legendary that turns into shards.

Awful. Just awful.

Sh0k

Anybody for a quick Omnigul kill, almost at the end of Nightfall. PSN Shokleeto, no mic. Have 10-15 mins before going to work.

Manp

man, Word of Crota sucks some hive major ass :\
@ 300 dmg it can't even one shoot little patrol shits on the moon :\

Disker

Damn it. Completed Crota twice with my warlock. After now beating him 15 times i still have no fricking helmet :(. "Only" got 2 Jellyhorns, wish i could trade those, now i have 4......

Damn it. Completed Crota twice with my warlock. After now beating him 15 times i still have no fricking helmet :(. "Only" got 2 Jellyhorns, wish i could trade those, now i have 4......

Yeah it refuses to drop for my Warlock and Hunter.

Titan has gotten it 3 times now.

I got the Hunter class item yesterday finally!

Jaleel

Out of all the raid primaries I have received ( AD, OE, Fang, Word) the Abyss Defiant is the clear winner. So glad I got it.

Deku Tree

Yeah it refuses to drop for my Warlock and Hunter.

Titan has gotten it 3 times now.

I got the Hunter class item yesterday finally!

My Warlock has gotten five helmets. My Hunter has gotten one helmet. My 2-3 week old Titan has no helmets.

You good for our usual 3x for NF weekly starting at 8:30-9pm est tonight Cosmos?

bitsurugi

Out of all the raid primaries I have received ( AD, OE, Fang, Word) the Abyss Defiant is the clear winner. So glad I got it.

Agree. Altho Fang will def be useful in HoW, since enemies will have arc shield. Word of Crota will be used in VoG runs and void burn NF's.

My Warlock has gotten five helmets. My Hunter has gotten one helmet. My 2-3 week old Titan has no helmets.

You good for our usual 3x for NF weekly starting at 8:30-9pm est tonight Cosmos?

Looking forward to it!

You'll get Gjallerhorn, I'll get 4th Horseman and/or Red Death.

Wooooooooo

I'll post for a third around 7ish tonight.

EL CUCO

Sorry to hear that. I had to go to sleep a while before the rest of the guys. I was hoping you would get it because you kept going at it.

I think I need to keep running normal at least on my Titan (for the leg armor) and maybe my Hunter too (still needs a chest armor although already 32). Seems like it can be harder to get armor to drop on Hard.

I hate to say it but I feel like Bungie should patch the difficulty of HM CE raid. It's just too hard being under leveled for the encounter.
No need to apologize, man. I'm just venting some frustrations with Bungie's design decisions. I think we all stayed as long as we could've before real life priorities like sleep kick in.

I'm still kicking myself for not cloaking during enrage mode...since we never know how any one run will turn out because bugs or glitches, it hurts even more :(

I'm down for a normal run or two to help our guys get the gear they need. We could've ran normal 20 times last night in the time we were doing hard mode.

Deku Tree

Looking forward to it!

You'll get Gjallerhorn, I'll get 4th Horseman and/or Red Death.

Wooooooooo

I'll post for a third around 7ish tonight.

Perfect! Looking forward to it!

I think this is going to be my main primary load out now:

Warlock > Fang
Hunter > Word
Titan > Abyss

And oversoul will be the floater. That will be good for most of the time, the only time I will need to swap weapons in the vault will be for NF and Weekly burns and CE hard mode.

So while levelling up my dead orbit this bad boy drops...

B8b4aWSIAAE2Zji.jpg

Look at the warlock variation of the raid helmet and Praxic Fire

B8cKc7eIIAIvYKZ.jpg

B8cKnKhIMAEToNF.jpg

The warlock with Obsidian Mind

B8cLGzVIAAAPAtl.jpg

B8cLMgZIcAEoi9V.jpg

So good, bye bye dead orbit!

Jinjo

No need to apologize, man. I'm just venting some frustrations with Bungie's design decisions. I think we all stayed as long as we could've before real life priorities like sleep kick in.

I'm still kicking myself for not cloaking during enrage mode...since we never know how any one run will turn out because bugs or glitches, it hurts even more :(

I'm down for a normal run or two to help our guys get the gear they need. We could've ran normal 20 times last night in the time we were doing hard mode.

Dude, my eyes were hurting so bad last night from playing so long. Never had that before. Literally could not keep going and help my group out for the third try. I did nothing else besides Crota for the past few days. And even though our group was supersolid stupid glitches and stuff kept screwing us over.

noomi

So while levelling up my dead orbit his bad boy drops...

So good, bye bye dead orbit!

LMFAO! Congrats dude, we are just talking about this yesterday with Messiek after he got it with rank 10.

I got my 3rd Hanged Man shader yesterday lol. Would really love bittersteel and revanent some day though.

SkylineRKR

Yeah it was my first reward in HM and I've not been so stoked to play on for the other ones since. I might want Fang since I don't have it yet but there is no rush.

Which is why I returned to Normal, because I still don't have Hunger of Crota.

Top Bottom