• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

Namikaze1

Time to run CE HM up to Crota on my Hunter. Still need the drops from the cave, bridge, and Deathsinger. Anyone interested in running it?

Midas

Anybody else keep getting cattle errors...?

Don't kick yourself too hard my good man, never any guarantees in this fight

vQlQwb.gif

This happened to me for like three hours yesterday. Insta kill when he hits enrage.

Deku Tree

No need to apologize, man. I'm just venting some frustrations with Bungie's design decisions. I think we all stayed as long as we could've before real life priorities like sleep kick in.

I'm still kicking myself for not cloaking during enrage mode...since we never know how any one run will turn out because bugs or glitches, it hurts even more :(

I'm down for a normal run or two to help our guys get the gear they need. We could've ran normal 20 times last night in the time we were doing hard mode.

Yeah the difficulty on Crota caused by the extremely tight timing and the zero room for error feels cheap and makes the encounter not fun after a while of wiping.

It really feels like Bungie designed the fight and then realized it was way too easy normally and then just started adding every different difficulty bar they could think of after the fact in order to make hard mode as hard as they could. They were nervous because the community made a mockery of VoG hard mode. The timing is too tight and lag is too much of a problem on hard mode even though our whole crew has very good internet. And we have a crew full of very solid players. But often one little mistake or lag glitch causes a wipe.

When your on level the Crota fight is a joke.

I wouldn't mind running through a quick normal on my Hunter this week if everyone is up for it. Would probably take 30-45 min. Everyone could bring their non-32s If they have them. Hunter still needs chest armor.

I'm not bringing my 31 Titan into the hard mode lamps again until gets to 32 probably.

Bladelaw

Yep so nightfall pissed me off this week. First Nightfall I get eleven Ass energy
Second nightfall I get 5 ass energy
Third nightfall I get a legendary heavy engram! That turns into 2 ass energy.

Fuck this game.

EL CUCO

Dude, my eyes were hurting so bad last night from playing so long. Never had that before. Literally could not keep going and help my group out for the third try. I did nothing else besides Crota for the past few days. And even though our group was supersolid stupid glitches and stuff kept screwing us over.
I totally know how you feel. If there's a silver lining to it, it's no matter how many wipes, we still have fun and joke around. If it wasn't for those moments, I'd have rage quit along time ago lol
Don't kick yourself too hard my good man, never any guarantees in this fight

vQlQwb.gif
Thanks for the gif, Drizz. It's nice to know our group isn't the only one experiencing these soul crushing moments

bosseye

Hmmm. Ran Crota on Normal (only from the Crota checkpoint) and got Light of the Abyss. Not even close to being as good as Plan C sadly.

And the Nightfall dropped Hide and Seek 42 (Legendary Shotgun), I really don't like shotguns and I seem to get so many of the damn things.

Got Husk of the Pit last night too, will level up Eris and see how that goes.

------------------

I've got so many weapons to level, no idea where to find the time. I guess I ought to focus on one at a time, but I like trying the all.

Guns wot I got that I want to max out but will take ages as I don't have the time:

Plan C (best fusion in the game? Its awesome. Esepcially during this weeks Nightfall, dat arc damage)

Hard Light (Love this one, my favourite Auto Rifle so far, even more than my beloved Atheon's Epilogue)

Mida Multi Tool (Much as I'm enjoying Vision of Confluence, this one just feels nicer to me. Better noise, almost silenced.

Bad Juju. Fuck this gun, I hate it. But it does have some cool sounding perks (string of curses) which would compliment Obsidian Mind, so I'm struggling along with it.

Thunderlord. Never even tried it, been using Song of Ir Yut instead. I hear its good though.

Really hoping Xur is selling an Icebreaker upgrade on Friday. Wish I'd just bought the 331 damage version instead the other week, curse my miserly ways trying to save coins.

raindoc

Agree. Altho Fang will def be useful in HoW, since enemies will have arc shield. Word of Crota will be used in VoG runs and void burn NF's.
There's also going to be invisible enemies... pretty much the only reason for the "highlight enemies" perk I can think of...

Homeboyd

Hmmm. Ran Crota on Normal (only from the Crota checkpoint) and got Light of the Abyss. Not even close to being as good as Plan C sadly.

And the Nightfall dropped Hide and Seek 42 (Legendary Shotgun), I really don't like shotguns and I seem to get so many of the damn things.

------------------

I've got so many weapons to level, no idea where to find the time. I guess I ought to focus on one at a time, but I like trying the all.

Guns wot I got that I want to max out but will take ages as I don't have the time:

Plan C (best fusion in the game? Its awesome. Esepcially during this weeks Nightfall, dat arc damage)

Hard Light (Love this one, my favourite Auto Rifle so far, even more than my beloved Atheon's Epilogue)

Mida Multi Tool (Much as I'm enjoying Vision of Confluence, this one just feels nicer to me. Better noise, almost silenced.

Bad Juju. Fuck this gun, I hate it. But it does have some cool sounding perks (string of curses) which would compliment Obsidian Mind, so I'm struggling along with it.

Thunderlord. Never even tried it, been using Song of Ir Yut instead. I hear its good though.

Really hoping Xur is selling an Icebreaker upgrade on Friday. Wish I'd just bought the 331 damage version instead the other week, curse my miserly ways trying to save coins.
I almost have the completely opposite opinions on almost every gun than you:

Light of the Abyss - excellent fusion, esp considering it's not an exotic. Hip fire = win.

Plan C - good

Hard Light - terrible exotic

Multi - good scout, especially for the agility boost in the abyss

Bad juju - great pulse, esp for warlocks with obsidian mind. Can play entire strikes without reloading too.

Thunderlord - 10000000000x better than the song. They're not even in the same category.

bosseye

I was trying to Bladedance across the bridge solo yesterday but could not get the totem to launch me so I gave up.

Ha, I need to try the totem launch.

I've seen every class cross the bridge by just flying across with the sword, dead simple. Either leap from the right hand tower, across to the bridge and land on the other side, or go directly off the bridge and turn left to the rocks halfway across then jump up.

Solo'd across last night and was waiting in my usual spot for the Ogres and they never spawned. Not sure why not. They usually do.

It's "technically" cheaper to buy a new one than upgrade. Upgrade costs 1 exotic weapon (can be broken down into 1 shard) + 1 shard + 7000 glimmer. 1 shard = 7 coins. So that's 14 coins abd 7000 glimmer to upgrade vs. 13 coins to buy new.

SkylineRKR

------------------

Bad Juju saves you lots of time for orb spawns and super kill bounties. I never did them until I got this weapon. So it basically pays itself back.

Plan C is fucking great. I never cared for it, but when I got another 2 in a row I was so pissed I maxed it. Right in time for Iron Banner. Needless to say this baby breezed me through the ranks, with Vanquisher as primary. They complimented eachother well, when Vanquisher ran out I would swap.

MIDA is another lovely weapon. I use it in combination with the Dance Machines, that were
sadly
being sold. Had an edge in term of movement. Awesome handling, fast reload... feels much nicer than my stronger Badger.

bosseye

I almost have the completely opposite opinions on almost every gun than you:

Light of the Abyss - excellent fusion, esp considering it's not an exotic. Hip fire = win.

Plan C - good

Hard Light - terrible exotic

Multi - good scout, especially for the agility boost in the abyss

Bad juju - great pulse, esp for warlocks with obsidian mind. Can play entire strikes without reloading too.

Thunderlord - 10000000000x better than the song. They're not even in the same category.

Ha, I'm only persevering with Bad Juju for the perks combined with my Obsidian Mind. I don't generally like pulse rifles but I can see the potential with this one. Once its levelled it should be good.

Hard Light, no way! I love it. Seems to do decent damage and I love the look and sound of it. Would be better with some sort of elemental damage perhaps. What don't you like about it?

Thunderlord, yes I hear its pretty good - but I've always got an exotic primary/secondary so it never gets a look in at the moment.

bosseye

It's "technically" cheaper to buy a new one than upgrade. Upgrade costs 1 exotic weapon (can be broken down into 1 shard) + 1 shard + 7000 glimmer. 1 shard = 7 coins. So that's 14 coins abd 7000 glimmer to upgrade vs. 13 coins to buy new.

Well flip. I never even bothered to do the maths. I wanted the coins for Obsidian Mind and couldn't afford both, so figured it would ultimately be cheaper (7 coins) for the upgrade. FAIAAAAAAIL.

Oh well. Xur will have the upgrade on Friday, right. Right? RIGHT.

E92 M3

I am crossing my fingers that Xur sells heavy ammo this week. I have 60 currently, but want to stock up to at least 200.

Also, this thread seems to have slowed down - or is it just me?

WipedOut

Well that was a fun reset day.

3 NF's and 3 Crota HM's in the book.

NF1 - Universal Remote (Shard)
NF2 - Radiant Dance Machines (Shard)
NF3 - Legendary Heavy Engram (Shards)

Crota HM:
Energy (27 after dismantling dupes)
Shards (42 after dismantling dupes)
Hunter Raid Helmet with Discipline and Infusion (Helped me make a perfect raid build finally
2x Abyss Defiant
1x Oversoul Edict (Energy)
1x Fang of IR Yut (Energy)
1x Word of Crota
1x Chest Piece
1x Greves
2x Gauntlets
1x Sparrow
No Exotics

Overall a good day for the Raid, nightfall not so much.Still have 3x Weekly and 3x VoG to clear. #forevernogjallarhorn

enewtabie

I haven't been able to do a raid yet. There's one guy here at pcf that plays but he's ps4 Add me and I'll join in on anything.

Xbox 1 GT: ENEWTABIE Hunter LVL 27
PS4 psn:enewtabie Titan 15 (should hit 20 this weekend)

Non-primaries cost 17 coins. Armor is only 13 coins so it's cheaper to re-buy than upgrade.

Well flip. I never even bothered to do the maths. I wanted the coins for Obsidian Mind and couldn't afford both, so figured it would ultimately be cheaper (7 coins) for the upgrade. FAIAAAAAAIL.

Oh well. Xur will have the upgrade on Friday, right. Right? RIGHT.

Lol...it really comes down to what you have the means to buy at the time. With over 100 coins, and 15 or so shards, you start looking at the bigger picture. From what I've seen, he's pretty liberal with his upgrade inventory. I'm sure he'll have it.

ocean

Banned
I am crossing my fingers that Xur sells heavy ammo this week. I have 60 currently, but want to stock up to at least 200.

Also, this thread seems to have slowed down - or is it just me?
Heroic Crota's End nearly got us to complete an OT in a week. We missed having a one-Xûr thread by a couple hours of I recall.

But I'd much rather be slower and chill than fast with that week's particular level of drama and intense frustration :p

Anyone HM CE groups have room for a lonely guardian? Need to get my Lock and Hunter they're first HM kills. My Hunter also needs to collect HM bridge loot.

SkylineRKR

Ha, I'm only persevering with Bad Juju for the perks combined with my Obsidian Mind. I don't generally like pulse rifles but I can see the potential with this one. Once its levelled it should be good.

Hard Light, no way! I love it. Seems to do decent damage and I love the look and sound of it. Would be better with some sort of elemental damage perhaps. What don't you like about it?

Thunderlord, yes I hear its pretty good - but I've always got an exotic primary/secondary so it never gets a look in at the moment.

Thunderlord has a problem. Its very strong in PvP and Arc content too. But most players prefer Suros + Corrective Measure. Or Ice Breaker/Horn in PvE.

Its probably the best weapon hardly anyone uses.

About to
attempt to
solo the nightfall. Anyone interested in tagging along? I can't mic right now, just got off work and everyone is asleep but I'll be going through with icebreaker.

XB1 GT: TDG Lyceius

E92 M3

Heroic Crota's End nearly got us to complete an OT in a week. We missed having a one-Xûr thread by a couple hours of I recall.

But I'd much rather be slower and chill than fast with that week's particular level of drama and intense frustration :p

I like a chill environment - just don't want this game to lose steam from a community focus. Put too much into it already lol.

Z3M0G

Or just do like all MMOs like to do and have guaranteed loot drops that people roll for.

FF14 was good about it but then they fucked it up
like all MMOs do
by letting you easily skip past Allagan and stuff without ever needing to do Turn 1-5 again.

can't speak for anyone else and I'm sure many agree with you, but I don't want this at all. Choosing my most treasured acquisitions to fully upgrade has been a good portion of the draw for me once hitting the endgame. I also don't want to have to rely on random drops to progress at all (re: your vendor comment) like in other games. I think changes to the system should focus more on allowing prized, cherished weapons to remain viable long-term, without invalidating previous investment.

I wonder if Destiny would be better as a Gather / Craft game... ala Warframe (without the Free-to-Play characteristics).

Top Bottom