• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

This happened to me for like three hours yesterday. Insta kill when he hits enrage.

Yeah but sadly it's still not exactly predictable...

y4QrOR.gif

Just gotta show that mope who's boss. Three strikes and you're out Crota!

KzzraE.gif

Yep so nightfall pissed me off this week. First Nightfall I get eleven Ass energy
Second nightfall I get 5 ass energy
Third nightfall I get a legendary heavy engram! That turns into 2 ass energy.

Fuck this game.

You think that's bad? I got 7 shards, 11 shards, and 3 energies... wait yours is slightly worse, nevermind. :p

Bladedancer it! Tried yesterday with some success, but for some reason died in the middle of the air lol.

You take damage due to the Sword Bearer's Curse, which is why you want to have the Unstoppable or w/e it's called perk as a Striker (protects you from damage).

You can also take damage during the launch if the totem squeezes you too much.

vVl1BM.gif

Is anybody going to be taking out Atheon a couple times today? I forgot to do that yesterday and want that chance of an exotic, still missing a precious few.

noomi

Fang of Ir Yut users, I have a question for you.

Love the scout rifle, probably my favorite weapon of the new raid. I have been using the 2nd scope and stability perk mostly, but am playing around with different options now.

Wondering what everyone else is using, the ammo perk seems nice, but with the fast reload perk it doesn't bother me to much only having 15 shots. I'm finding it difficult to use anything but the stability perk, it's just too damn good.

What's your setup for it?

E92 M3

Love the scout rifle, probably my favorite weapon of the new raid. I have been using the 2nd scope and stability perk mostly, but am playing around with different options now.

Wondering what everyone else is using, the ammo perk seems nice, but with the fast reload perk it doesn't bother me to much only having 15 shots. I'm finding it difficult to use anything but the stability perk, it's just too damn good.

I use the 3rd scope + High Calibur rounds. Absolutely love it. Reloads aren't an issue due to the perk and the stability is perfect as it is + I have Gunslingers Trance.

Fang has become my favorite utility weapon.

Yeah it refuses to drop for my Warlock and Hunter.

Titan has gotten it 3 times now.

I got the Hunter class item yesterday finally!

I still don't have that. It's so ugly I need it. :/

Looking forward to it!

You'll get Gjallerhorn, I'll get 4th Horseman and/or Red Death.

Wooooooooo

I'll post for a third around 7ish tonight.

Look no further. I'm your guy. Have 2 NF and 2 Heroics to do yet.

7pm is 10pm here. Just perfect.

TheOddOne

About to
attempt to
solo the nightfall. Anyone interested in tagging along? I can't mic right now, just got off work and everyone is asleep but I'll be going through with icebreaker.

XB1 GT: TDG Lyceius
Man, I totally forgot that the weekly is tied to the DLC; which I don't have :(

Sorry!

zewone

I totally know how you feel. If there's a silver lining to it, it's no matter how many wipes, we still have fun and joke around. If it wasn't for those moments, I'd have rage quit along time ago lol

Thanks for the gif, Drizz. It's nice to know our group isn't the only one experiencing these soul crushing moments
Our group was stuck on Crota for two hours last night with no clears. Always some stupid bullshit to make sure we didn't clear. I really hate this fight.

noomi

I use the 3rd scope + High Calibur rounds. Absolutely love it. Reloads aren't an issue due to the perk and the stability is perfect as it is + I have Gunslingers Trance.

Fang has become my favorite utility weapon.

I will definitely check this out after work today, seems like an interesting combo. With the 3rd scope being the furthest range, how is it dealing with targets that are up close.

Part of the reason I use the 2nd scope is due to it's lowest zoom, and murdering close targets :D

Is anybody going to be taking out Atheon a couple times today? I forgot to do that yesterday and want that chance of an exotic, still missing a precious few.

I'm down to run a hard VoG real quick. I had the Gorgons CP but probably lost it when we beat Atheon 3x this morning. Been getting cattle errors trying to log in now....

Fang of Ir Yut users, I have a question for you. What's your setup for it?

I always used field scout with VoC and Fang has very similar stats. For me, the rate of fire is well tuned with the stability so the sights naturally come back into position by the time I'm able to shoot again. Great weapon for sure, feels good.

WipedOut

Field Scout and the first scope.

I have not messed around with the stability perk since feel it's pretty good as is. does it make a big difference?

I'm down to run a hard VoG real quick. I had the Gorgons CP but probably lost it when we beat Atheon 3x this morning. Been getting cattle errors trying to log in now....

I've got the Gorgon checkpoint on my Hunter.

Anyone else down for a few Atheon runs?

And if anyone wants the Gorgon checkpoint I'll hang out here for a bit. PSN: MiniMe637

noomi

I always used field scout with VoC and Fang has very similar stats. For me, the rate of fire is well tuned with the stability so the sights naturally come back into position by the time I'm able to shoot again. Great weapon for sure, feels good.

I also used field scout with VoC, stability is awesome on this thing. My fav raid weapon by far :)

Field Scout and the first scope.

I have not messed around with the stability perk since feel it's pretty good as is. does it make a big difference?

The stability is great by default, but once you turn on the extra stability perk it just feels so damn good. Almost too good to be honest haha, give it a shot. I just find it hard to use anything else after going for the extra stability, the gun barely moves at all.

Deku Tree

I still don't have that. It's so ugly I need it. :/

Look no further. I'm your guy. Have 2 NF and 2 Heroics to do yet.

7pm is 10pm here. Just perfect.

Me and cosmos are very happy for you to join us tonight. However we start at 8:30-9pm est approx.

7pm est was the time when cosmos was going to start looking for a third. The spot is yours if you want it let us know.

Random uneccessary nitpick, but I don't like how the Glowhoo shader looks on the Warlocks raid chest piece compared to most other Warlock chest pieces. It's kinda dull in comparison.

EL CUCO

Our group was stuck on Crota for two hours last night with no clears. Always some stupid bullshit to make sure we didn't clear. I really hate this fight.
It's ridiculous. We cleared it once on our first try, last night. Felt good about it...went back to Crota hoping to capture some of that momentum...NOPE. Crora had different plans.

IHaveIce

Banned
Well that was a fun reset day.

3 NF's and 3 Crota HM's in the book.

NF1 - Universal Remote (Shard)
NF2 - Radiant Dance Machines (Shard)
NF3 - Legendary Heavy Engram (Shards)

Crota HM:
Energy (27 after dismantling dupes)
Shards (42 after dismantling dupes)
Hunter Raid Helmet with Discipline and Infusion (Helped me make a perfect raid build finally
2x Abyss Defiant
1x Oversoul Edict (Energy)
1x Fang of IR Yut (Energy)
1x Word of Crota
1x Chest Piece
1x Greves
2x Gauntlets
1x Sparrow
No Exotics

Overall a good day for the Raid, nightfall not so much.Still have 3x Weekly and 3x VoG to clear. #forevernogjallarhorn
Damn you got a whole 32 armor set basically in one day. I need to find a raid group.
And I feel ya, no gjallarhorn at all.
I haven't been able to do a raid yet. There's one guy here at pcf that plays but he's ps4 Add me and I'll join in on anything.

Xbox 1 GT: ENEWTABIE Hunter LVL 27
PS4 psn:enewtabie Titan 15 (should hit 20 this weekend)
Will add you on Xbox. Add IHaveAnIce

Deku Tree

I wonder if Bungie will reduce the difficulty of HM somehow if they are getting bad player analytics numbers. They removed yellow bars from missions on the moon before...

I've got the Gorgon checkpoint on my Hunter.

Anyone else down for a few Atheon runs?

And if anyone wants the Gorgon checkpoint I'll hang out here for a bit. PSN: MiniMe637

I can help on some more Atheon runs but I'd also love to somehow get that HM Templar CP back....

I need to do Crota normal or HM till the Deathsinger twice.

I'd appreciate that CP. Adding you now.

Booo, don't tell me we've abandoned HM Crota! We need to witness pro plays like this gem. Try to guess what the next line of text in the bottom left will be....

B8cdKI9IcAAERTA.jpg

Me and cosmos are very happy for you to join us tonight. However we start at 8:30-9pm est approx.

7pm est was the time when cosmos was going to start looking for a third. The spot is yours if you want it let us know.

Well, if I'm online sure, but that's closer to midnight so I maybe wont be able to complete all runs.

We will see.

Deku Tree

Anyone here tried the "easy Crota HM strategy" ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ad8m6ZuquG0

Tried a couple of time yesterday and most of time crota follow the group and slash everyone... Am I missing something?

Yeah that's what I didn't understand about that strat. I don't see why Crota just ignores them in their bubbles. Seems like his algorithm will send him over there to slash your whole group. Not sure if they are just very fast with the rockets or if they are doing something else that I don't see.

Midas

Yeah that's what I didn't understand about that strat. I don't see why Crota just ignores them in their bubbles. Seems like his algorithm will send him over there to slash your whole group. Not sure if they are just very fast with the rockets or if they are doing something else that I don't see.

That's the one we tried for a few hours. Got him to enrage many times, and that's when he wiped us all out. Maybe we should just do the center with the bubble in the tower again.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Booo, don't tell me we've abandoned HM Crota! We need to witness pro plays like this gem. Try to guess what the next line of text in the bottom left will be....
I am down for some Crota HM, already beaten him thrice yesterday. I need to do do the first three sections of CE HM twice or at least Deathsinger twice for them exotics :(

What time? I get home in a couple of hours and I'd be willing to help then.
That time is okay with me.

Deku Tree

That's the one we tried for a few hours. Got him to enrage many times, and that's when he wiped us all out. Maybe we should just do the center with the bubble in the tower again.

How do you prevent Crota from running towards your Titan bubbles on the right and left sides and slashing you while your team has the sword?

Deku Tree

Well, if I'm online sure, but that's closer to midnight so I maybe wont be able to complete all runs.

We will see.

Ok cool. Can you let us know though whether you will be able to play at 8:30or 9pm est though? If not at around 7pm est Cosmos probably wants to start looking for another player who can do it 3x in a row...

Got some good swag yesterday during a very long play session.

From CE I got Oversoul Edict, dogged gage (Hunter Gauntlets), and Song of Ir Yut.

From the Nightfall I snagged a mask of the third man which should help regen some health in hard mode and from the weekly heroic I got a legendary chest piece for my warlock which now gives me all legendary pieces for that class. Guess it's time to start that up.

From HM VoG I got the chest piece that I needed back in November. Thanks Bungie

Midas

How do you prevent Crota from running towards your Titan bubbles on the right and left sides and slashing you while your team has the sword?

He never did that. So not sure why it happened to you when and if you tried. Maybe you were like a pixel to close or something? :)

I don't get how that strat is supposed to be "easier" than normal window one, it just seems more likely to result in a smack down like you said.

I am down for some Crota HM, already beaten him thrice yesterday. I need to do do the first three sections of CE HM twice or at least Deathsinger twice for them exotics :(.

Let me know. I will be back at crota HM with my warlock in the end.

We just needed to cut the dead weight *cough cough* then TeamFirstTry will re-emerge.

Yeah, Hig and I are already at the gorgon checkpoint just hanging out. v

I'm definitely down but I can't seem to log in, keep getting Cattle errors over and over. Am I the only one? There were some recent posts on Bungie.net help forums.

Yeah, Hig and I are already at the gorgon checkpoint just hanging out.

PSN: MiniMe637

Mind if I quickly get gorgon checkpoint? I would do Atheon as well, but it depends on what tommy' response is as Crota normal is my priority..

I've got it, and will run it if you've got a group.

Timmy, I was going to solo it, but you're welcome to come and help me. Do we need to do it now? Or would you mind doing it later on today?

Edit: im on ps4 btw

I don't get how that strat is supposed to be "easier" than normal window one, it just seems more likely to result in a smack down like you said.

We just needed to cut the dead weight *cough cough* then TeamFirstTry will re-emerge.

I'm definitely down but I can't seem to log in, keep getting Cattle errors over and over. Am I the only one? There were some recent posts on Bungie.net help forums.
just doing a victory lap, will end back at my crota HM CP.

Top Bottom