• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

GlamFM

Banned
Just a little update, I can bring whatever class at lvl 32, and I can be sword carrier if we can't find someone else, I would like to try practice / complete since I have done it a metric ton on normal just that I haven't actually downed him in HM but only made perhaps 2 hours of attempts as the sword carrier.

But again, totally cool if we bring in a super expert that has the muscle memory down, in the end I just want to finish and maybe actually get a primary at some point.

Oh! If you do that I can offer my horn and be your 6. Are you starting soon?

joecanada

Epic Sax discount to $10.

Also $100 if you are a red bar.

Well to be fair the red bar only denotes connection between players, not who has the bad connection. I use 30 mbps hard wired all the time and it will show red bars on me.
That shit ain't my problem

gatti-man

2 out of 3 wipes due to bullshit glitches.

Like why the fuck am I even playing this monstrosity?

I honestly ask myself the same thing. None of the weapons are must haves. I got the scout rifle (fang of it yut) and I still do more damage in non boss fights with fatebringer. The difference is pretty obvious. And in boss fights I rarely use my primary so what's the point?

IMHO beyond getting some good arc weapons there is ZERO point to run hard mode right now unless you just like collecting or laughing at how many times Crota can cheese you. Which actually can be pretty funny.

So wait, you're R2ing him during a kneel and he stands up suddenly no matter how long he's been kneeling? That sounds like a weird lag thing to me. Have you tried going to orbit and making someone else the party leader?

Yeah it says enraged, he stands up super fast and bam throws a punch and instantly kills the sword bearer. I mean its INSTANT , there is NO WAY to be able to get way from him as he enters enrage mode. very strange cause when we do our normal run, standing near the window in the middle, when he enrage its easy to get away from him. here its instant death for the sword bearer. You cant even get the chance to knife him and go invisible as a hunter, thats how fast it is.

In the video I posted earlier, it says enraged and he is still kneeling, this does not happeing for us. it says enraged and BAM he is up. we have tried orbiting, switched leader etc, still the same thing every time.

We like this strategy, its minimal risk to the fireteam and its something you can succeed at easy if crota behaves like the crota in the video I posted...

Just wanted to know if anyone else in here has tried this strategy and is experiencing the same thing as we are.

phen0m24

Talking about that stuff last night was hilarious.

$50 hard mode Crota clear in 30min, 2hrs, 4hrs or your money back guaranteed

Looks at Todd:

I think this could be a fun topic for the Mythocast.

It's like an oil change at one of those places:

Base price: $19.99
plus
$1 per heavy pack used
$2 every time the Swordbearer jumps behind the rocks
(because you shot him too slowly)
$2 everytime I have to say the words "Watch the Boomers"
because you weren't paying attention anyway
$5 if you don't have a Gjallarhorn or say something else is "just as good"
$5 if you aren't a Titan
$10 if you are a Titan AND don't have Saint-14 or an infusion perk
$10 additional if we wipe before the Ogres
$10 every time we wipe after Enrage
$25 if your connection is red
plus you will be forever branded on GAF as a lagger

joecanada

I have the Suros and the Vex and the only time I would ever use Suros in Crucible is during the headshots bounty in Iron Banner. As soon as I finished them, I switched to my Vex or Hawkmoon and got double the k/d.

Ya I don't even notice Suros while playing crucible.. Only wished for it during iron bounty...
I have two, both not levelled at all.

forrest

formerly nacire
I'm looking for the generosity and kindness of Gaf's professional hard-mode swordrunners. I'm getting a group together to take down Crota again at around 8:15-8:30 CST.

Forrest do you have any suggestions for a 6th?

Hmm, not off the top of my head, though sometimes people will jump in and help with sword at the time. You could always just post tonight when your raid time gets closer.

forrest

formerly nacire
Yeah it says enraged, he stands up super fast and bam throws a punch and instantly kills the sword bearer. I mean its INSTANT , there is NO WAY to be able to get way from him as he enters enrage mode. very strange cause when we do our normal run, standing near the window in the middle, when he enrage its easy to get away from him. here its instant death for the sword bearer. You cant even get the chance to knife him and go invisible as a hunter, thats how fast it is.

In the video I posted earlier, it says enraged and he is still kneeling, this does not happeing for us. it says enraged and BAM he is up. we have tried orbiting, switched leader etc, still the same thing every time.

Sounds similar to what I experienced when trying to blink strike when he enraged. Though I have gotten blink strike off and he still murdered me.

Steroyd

Strange. Well, there's definitely SOMETHING that triggers it. We just have to figure it out.

Fun tip, I had the collect 200 moon things bounty equipped when I did the deathsinger part of the raid earlier today and some of the hallowed knights counted towards that.

TacticalFailure

Neo Member
I've only started playing with fellow gaffers recently, before that I was using the bungie app to try and get into VOG raids. That will not ever happen again, I still have nightmares.

I do have a core group of people I play with but sometimes it's hard for everyone to get on the same time.

I have done 90% of my raids with groups from the app. VoG was alright for groups, could normally get to gatekeepers or atheon before the wipes began. The group would normally pull through though.

Killing crota has been the opposite, most people I have played with just don't understand the fight mechanics at all, or have terribly underlevelled weapons. The glitches on what looks to be a smooth completely ruin morale in the group. I almost gave up on running crota's end after the first two weeks.

hetchi

So guess what happened to me? I lost my Vex Mythoclast b/c I didn't have any space in my vault. I kept it in the postmaster to "keep it safe" but it just got overwritten by other engrams, etc. So pissed off. Don't use the postermaster as a secondary vault b/c your stuff (engrams, guns, etc) will be overwritten/erased from the postmaster's "Lost Items". I'm pissed off that Bungie didn't increase the vault space by now.

Link for my twitter post(s).

gatti-man

So guess what happened to me? I lost my Vex Mythoclast b/c I didn't have any space in my vault. I kept it in the postmaster to "keep it safe" but it just got overwritten by other engrams, etc. So pissed off. Don't use the postermaster as a secondary vault b/c your stuff (engrams, guns, etc) will be overwritten/erased from the postmaster's "Lost Items". I'm pissed off that Bungie didn't increase the vault space by now.

I have a feeling they are going to tie it in with the next dlc or commet dlc to make it a must buy.

Namikaze1

Looks at Todd:

I think this could be a fun topic for the Mythocast.

It's like an oil change at one of those places:

Base price: $19.99
plus
$1 per heavy pack used
$2 every time the Swordbearer jumps behind the rocks
(because you shot him too slowly)
$2 everytime I have to say the words "Watch the Boomers"
because you weren't paying attention anyway
$5 if you don't have a Gjallarhorn or say something else is "just as good"
$5 if you aren't a Titan
$10 if you are a Titan AND don't have Saint-14 or an infusion perk
$10 additional if we wipe before the Ogres
$10 every time we wipe after Enrage
$25 if your connection is red
plus you will be forever branded on GAF as a lagger
$2 for every "fuck", "bitch", "cunt", "whore", "bastard", "fucker", "ass", "asshole", "dammit", and "slut" fig says

Dazzler

I have done 90% of my raids with groups from the app. VoG was alright for groups, could normally get to gatekeepers or atheon before the wipes began. The group would normally pull through though.

Killing crota has been the opposite, most people I have played with just don't understand the fight mechanics at all, or have terribly underlevelled weapons. The glitches on what looks to be a smooth completely ruin morale in the group. I almost gave up on running crota's end after the first two weeks.

playing with gaffers has made this game god-tier for me

The community is amazing here and everyone is super helpful

I dip into LFG now and then and it's just not the same

That always seemed like a bad idea to me. I a loss Loss situation. Either you lose what's there (overlay) or lose whatever can't get in.

phen0m24

What gun did you keep in the vault over the Vex? :(

Sucks man. Really does.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Fun tip, I had the collect 200 moon things bounty equipped when I did the deathsinger part of the raid earlier today and some of the hallowed knights counted towards that.

I got the Kill 15 Hive Enemies from the back during the the run up part to the 2nd chest

I would lob a Nova Bomb far up ahead where the shrieker blew up, if you don't see the enemy and they die, it counts it
"Out of Sight" Get!

.....why? Do you really need all the stuff in your vault? You probably have stuff in there that has been sitting for who knows how long and will continue to sit there...... I don't understand

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

I know I've said this time and again, but I really wouldn't be playing this game any more if it wasn't for DGAF. Even the people that join me for just a quick daily are all super nice and helpful.

EL CUCO

I got the Kill 15 Hive Enemies from the back during the the run up part to the 2nd chest

I would lob a Nova Bomb far up ahead where the shrieker blew up, if you don't see the enemy and they die, it counts it
"Out of Sight" Get!
Yup. I always make sure to grab a couple Eris bounties before hitting CE.

Also, Something I found as an ooddity last night, one of the Majors in the Deathsinger dropped a black wax o_O I don't even see engrams drop in there.

Some of the Knights inside the crystal room give glimmer and count towards bounties. They're probably the ones you have to kill to end the encounter. I was once the only one alive and was clearing the adds from the outside, must have killed a shit ton of Knights but they just kept coming.

Eventually I went inside and killed the Knights in the room and the encounter ended.

phen0m24

$2 for every !@#%^&*()_ fig says

Dude I have yet to hear Fig go off on a rampage. For that I am grateful.
(thanks for your restraint, Fig!!)

That could be an expensive proposition though. LOL

especially at those exorbitant prices we- they are coming up with

Community here is TOP shelf. And not "top shelf" as in "top men."

TacticalFailure

Neo Member

I'm hoping to jump in on a few gaf raids this week at some point (long days at work are restricting my play time currently).

Has the crux dropped for anyone yet? Was there a method to getting it?

After you kill the Deathsinger, some (all?) of the enemies seem to give glimmer and xp like the Vex at Gatekeepers. Also, a few of the thralls that die after Crota seem to count as well (if I have the moon bounty, I usually get about +3 after Crota dies.)

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Soloing the first part of CE:

tn4tVTu.gif

hetchi

I have a feeling they are going to tie it in with the next dlc or commet dlc to make it a must buy.

I hate how they haven't increased the vault space. I really thought the postmaster would be safe to keep some of my stuff.

That always seemed like a bad idea to me. I a loss Loss situation. Either you lose what's there (overlay) or lose whatever can't get in.

I know this now, after losing my Vex Mythoclast. I just won that the other day (01/23/2015). So mad.

What gun did you keep in the vault over the Vex? :(

Sucks man. Really does.

I just have a whole bunch of exotics and randoms guns I like. I even lost the monte carlo but that was my second one so I just left that in the Vault. I'm more mad at losing the Vex.

hetchi

.....why? Do you really need all the stuff in your vault? You probably have stuff in there that has been sitting for who knows how long and will continue to sit there...... I don't understand

I have been upgrading my guns. I want to keep them anyway b/c I earned them. Just letting you guys know not to keep anything special in the postmaster if you guys intend to keep said item.

E92 M3

I know I've said this time and again, but I really wouldn't be playing this game any more if it wasn't for DGAF. Even the people that join me for just a quick daily are all super nice and helpful.

I agree the friends I made and the community is the strongest reason I keep playing. Without friends this game wouldn't be nearly as fun.

I have been upgrading my guns. I want to keep them anyway b/c I earned them. Just letting you guys know not to keep anything special in the postmaster if you guys intend to keep said item.

I never kept anything special in the postmaster - it's always been a temporary solution. In fact I'm always nervous leaving anything there lol.

Lee

Hetchi, why keep so much stuff with the postmaster? Even now with those purple engrams, why not decrypt them? I feel like I'm missing some high-level strategy but being 500 hours in I've never had this issue.

phen0m24

I just have a whole bunch of exotics and randoms guns I like. I even lost the monte carlo but that was my second one so I just left that in the Vault. I'm more mad at losing the Vex.

Please forgive the potentially rhetorical question, but do you have alts? Many of us have multiple alts and use them as extended storage. As an idea

if by bigger you mean bigger vaults, than yes, they should consult you.

edit, Grey, LTWOOD12 needs a swordmaster tonight. he is in dire needs. can you offer your slaying services?

Depends on the time and what mode. My hunter isn't 32 yet, so I'd have to run it on titan or warlock, which I haven't done on HM crota, but have done on normal with success.

Top Bottom