• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Me solo-ing lamps.

ihPoAMsNpD73k.gif

Feorax

Great VoG run just then with TearsOfBlood et al. Amazing how quickly you can just fly through that raid now.

Probably my best haul this week since I've started playing;

Hawkmoon (first)
No Land Beyond (lol)
Vex Mythoclast (first)
Warlock Helm (only need boots now for 32)
Fang of Ir Yut
Oversoul Edict

And I think I got an exotic hunter helm from a nightfall.

Gjallarhorn still eludes me, but I can hardly complain with a haul like that this week.

I would be interested to know of all the hard mode clears here, how many of you had (or were) a hunter running sword duty.
5 HM clears, had 3 hunters clears it and 2 (?) warlock clears. The one thing useful is the self res at the end. Majority of the time, when crota enrages, he tends to get up really fast and kill the swordbearer. If it's a warlock swordbearer, he can wait till crota is downed again and self res to countine the wacking.

Anyone up for doing Atheon back-to-back-to-back this evening?

I have the Gorgon HM CP so we can start there and then do a quick character swap to save the checkpoint before we down Atheon the first time.

LTWood12

5 HM clears, had 3 hunters clears it and 2 (?) warlock clears. The one thing useful is the self res at the end. Majority of the time, when crota enrages, he tends to get up really fast and kill the swordbearer. If it's a warlock swordbearer, he can wait till crota is downed again and self res to countine the wacking.

That is a very good point.

hetchi

Im right there with you man. I'm hoarding all my favorite looking armor for the eventual vanity patch that they hopefully add soon. I routinely dismantle guns I like because Im out of space and need it for other stuff :/ the troubles of a destiny addict.

I'll be doing the same now. I just have to decide which guns to dismantle. Hate it. I have a full inventory too so idk what to do (which guns to get rid of).

FiraB

Banned
Anyone up for doing Atheon back-to-back-to-back this evening?

I have the Gorgon HM CP so we can start there and then do a quick character swap to save the checkpoint before we down Atheon the first time.
dont suppose your willi g to give us that checkpoint to grab the chests?

I'm a bit OCD about the in town icons, so I never leave anything in there.
I'm the same way. I keep getting the same shader thrown to the postmaster since both chars are full, annoys the shit out of me that I can't just delete items I don't want from the postmaster.

dont suppose your willi g to give us that checkpoint to grab the chests?

Sure. I won't be home for another hour and a half or so though. If you still want it then, hit me up on PSN. GKW212.

If "us" means you and a buddy or something, I'll probably just have you guys to drop in, make you the party leader and then bounce. You guys can deal with all the character swaps and shit if that's cool.

Qwell

Does anyone know the timing of the boomer knights (if one is killed how long until they respawn) and if it is tied to the wizard in Crota Hard?

I'll probably time it tonight in my attempts if the group is ok with that, just interested to see if its a valid strat to simply get both boomers really low on life. When the swordbearer goes down, kill both knights, rocket the wizard and would you have enough time for both kneels before the boomers respawn?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Maybe using Google Forms? Found this with a quick search, and seems it might be possible to do. A more in-depth search would yield better guides I'm sure.
Thanks to you and PuMa for opening my eyes to the world of Google Forms. I can't believe I've never played with this before. With add-ons, I'll be able to make it do everything I want.... aw yiss.

Will share my results with all when I've set them up.

ocean

Banned
Does anyone know the timing of the boomer knights (if one is killed how long until they respawn) and if it is tied to the wizard in Crota Hard?

I'll probably time it tonight in my attempts if the group is ok with that, just interested to see if its a valid strat to simply get both boomers really low on life. When the swordbearer goes down, kill both knights, rocket the wizard and would you have enough time for both kneels before the boomers respawn?
Not sure about the timing but Wizard always spawns when you kill both Knights. Generally speaking, don't kill them both. I like killing one and weakening the other. When another one spawns, I kill the weak one. Only reason to kill both is if they're shooting your Sword and he has no clutch bubble.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey

It's not that long of a time. I would say a minute after killing the Wizard is when knights appear again. A team I was with did this strategy before and it worked but it took one person away from doing other things.

For the clanless. Join me. Many clans seem to be inactive. Mine definitely won't be. https://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/561689

LTWood12

Think we might want to try this. Bubble on right pillar. Jump to about 2:20 to see what I'm talking about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIre8zATqgY

Qwell

It's not that long of a time. I would say a minute after killing the Wizard is when knights appear again. A team I was with did this strategy before and it worked but it took one person away from doing other things.

For the clanless. Join me. Many clans seem to be inactive. Mine definitely won't be. https://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/561689
Hhmm... that could work, I know the wizard is tied to both knights dying, and most groups usually have 1 person pulled out strictly to distract the knights anyways. I was thinking you have 1 person focus on knights, as soon as the sword is down you focus fire on the knights and the wizard (should only take a few seconds with focus fire from team) since the sword runner needs time to actually grab the sword and get in position. The sword is only available for what, 45 seconds before it pops? So if the timing was right you wouldn't have to worry about boomers or wizard at all since by the time the boomers respawn the sword has poofed and the runner is on their way back to safetey anyways.

It would eat a lot of ammo potentially if you use rockets on the wizard unless primaries do enough damage to not kill rocket timing... Lots of moving parts though, but if the timing is there, it would definitely increase the safety.

Damn this game and its hooks. I was perfectly content to keep my Warlock at 31 since I only created it to supplement Strange Coin income and bonus Nightfall exotic rolls. Decided to run Crota normal and got 2 raid pieces. Now I just need chest or helm for it to be 32. I can't stop.

raindoc

What's up with No Land Beyond's reserve ammo?
I spawn with 6 shots in the mag and 12 in reserve. But as I go ahead and play, 90% of the time, I can't pick up more than 6 shots of reserve ammo ("primary ammo full"). however, sometimes I find that I've got up to 17 shots in reserve.

Is it a glitch or am I missing something?

Top Bottom