• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

So Crota stays down for an extra 20 seconds randomly.... Then just pops back up and fucks up our sword bearer. (Note he didn't take damage)

This was just one of many glitches since I last posted

the worst part of these glitches is its costing me about 2000 glimmer every 10 minutes in synth. xur not bringing synth last week (of all weeks) was a joke by bungie.

Use the heavy ammo glitch. Empty primary except for one mag. empty heavy completely. Once the glass goes up, empty primary and switch to icebreaker (or any other ammo regen weapon) Heavy ammo rain everywhere....

GutZ31

I hate how they haven't increased the vault space. I really thought the postmaster would be safe to keep some of my stuff.

I know this now, after losing my Vex Mythoclast. I just won that the other day (01/23/2015). So mad.

I just have a whole bunch of exotics and randoms guns I like. I even lost the monte carlo but that was my second one so I just left that in the Vault. I'm more mad at losing the Vex.

It was a clever idea, but ultimately inefficient for keeping your loot.
What most of us have been forced to do is keep stuff on characters, or break down our trusted, 300 ATK weapons for new and effective weapons, that we know we will use.
I have broken down a ton of guns I thought were "fun" to use, but couldn't find a use for them that would be better than what I have set in stone.

Nothing has taken Fatebringers spot in my top gun list.

Soloing the first part of CE:

tn4tVTu.gif

Hahahaha lol hahahaha

Laughed probably harder than I should have at this.

M3Rocket

I haven't thoroughly tested it out yet, but I think you just have to kill everything in the crystal room. There are knights that continue to respawn out of the side rooms, and I've sat there for a very long time killing them without the raid advancing. Did it in just a few minutes emptying out the crystal room last night.

Some of the Knights inside the crystal room give glimmer and count towards bounties. They're probably the ones you have to kill to end the encounter. I was once the only one alive and was clearing the adds from the outside, must have killed a shit ton of Knights but they just kept coming.

Eventually I went inside and killed the Knights in the room and the encounter ended.

Actually, we've been in the Crystal room exclusively after the deathsinger is dead. We kept killing knights in there till it's clear, just to see another come out of the door in that room. So I don't think it's that. We had to eventually go outside and kill those as well to advance. Not sure what the trigger is.

Two Words

The Vault should be like the Armory in Warframe. It is accessed in orbit or Tower. When you log out of a character and into another, the other character should be able to pick the weapons that other characters are currently using. Vault space should be significantly higher. This would get rid of tedious switching.

E92 M3

The Vault should be like the Armory in Warframe. It is accessed in orbit or Tower. When you holy out of a character and into another, the other character should be able to pick the weapons that other characters are currently using. Vault space should be significantly higher. This would get rid of tedious switching.

That would be perfect, but can't see that happening until Destiny 2 or Comet. Ready to be surprised though.

hydruxo

So guess what happened to me? I lost my Vex Mythoclast b/c I didn't have any space in my vault. I kept it in the postmaster to "keep it safe" but it just got overwritten by other engrams, etc. So pissed off. Don't use the postermaster as a secondary vault b/c your stuff (engrams, guns, etc) will be overwritten/erased from the postmaster's "Lost Items". I'm pissed off that Bungie didn't increase the vault space by now.

Link for my twitter post(s).

That sucks but it's been known for a while that eventually items get overwritten when the Postmaster gets full. For that exact reason I always make sure I clear out my Postmaster, even if it means I have to dismantle sub 300 atk guns that I still want to keep from my vault.

Vault / Inventory system in this game is so ridiculously limited for a game based around loot. You'd think they'd have thought this shit through.

Actually, we've been in the Crystal room exclusively after the deathsinger is dead. We kept killing knights in there till it's clear, just to see another come out of the door in that room. So I don't think it's that. We had to eventually go outside and kill those as well to advance. Not sure what the trigger is.

A mix likely. Certain Knights on the outside and inside. When I was outside sniping them some Knights would just keep respawning, this was when the glimmer giving Knights inside were still alive. It is definitely baffling.

Mindlog

Accidentally dismantled my main's Void Plug.One Fusion Rifle.
Feels bad.
Need a better way to organize my weapons when juggling through characters and limited vault space. This sucks.

hetchi

I agree the friends I made and the community is the strongest reason I keep playing. Without friends this game wouldn't be nearly as fun.

I never kept anything special in the postmaster - it's always been a temporary solution. In fact I'm always nervous leaving anything there lol.

I'm not leaving anything in the postmaster again. especially any exotics. I'll have to break down some legendary guns in my postmaster that I wanted to keep.

Hetchi, why keep so much stuff with the postmaster? Even now with those purple engrams, why not decrypt them? I feel like I'm missing some high-level strategy but being 500 hours in I've never had this issue.

Well, I'll be decrypting them soon. I don't want to lose them too. I was keeping them there for the next dlc to get new guns/equipment on the same day that I log in (whenever the next dlc comes out).

Please forgive the potentially rhetorical question, but do you have alts? Many of us have multiple alts and use them as extended storage. As an idea

I have brothers. We picked one slot under the same psn/tag so we each have our character. I chose the hunter class. One brother chose a hunter as well and the other a Titan. (I have two brothers = each one slot).

It was a clever idea, but ultimately inefficient for keeping your loot.
What most of us have been forced to do is keep stuff on characters, or break down our trusted, 300 ATK weapons for new and effective weapons, that we know we will use.
I have broken down a ton of guns I thought were "fun" to use, but couldn't find a use for them that would be better than what I have set in stone.

Nothing has taken Fatebringers spot in my top gun list.

I'll have to break down my 300 atk weapons then. I even replaced any that were upgraded (exotics) in the vault.

hydruxo

One thing I'll never understand why they don't let us do is dismantling items straight from the vault or postmaster without having to pick it up

It's dumb that you have to move items around just to pick something up to dismantle it

hetchi

That sucks but it's been known for a while that eventually items get overwritten when the Postmaster gets full. For that exact reason I always make sure I clear out my Postmaster, even if it means I have to dismantle sub 300 atk guns that I still want to keep from my vault.

Vault / Inventory system in this game is so ridiculously limited for a game based around loot. You'd think they'd have thought this shit through.

I wish I knew that before. I didn't have a clue about that until I noticed my Vex gone. I went to check/get my Hawkmoon from the postmaster (I got it from the exotic chest in the vog last night) and saw my Vex wasn't there anymore.

Deku Tree

I have every raid primary legendary now. Got three in one lucky run last night.

Only need Hunger of Crota and Necrochasm to complete my collection.
Gotta run normal to get that Hunger....

Glowhooooooo!!!!!!!!

GutZ31

I'm not leaving anything in the postmaster again. especially any exotics. I'll have to break down some legendary guns in my postmaster that I wanted to keep.

Well, I'll be decrypting them soon. I don't want to lose them too. I was keeping them there for the next dlc to get new guns/equipment on the same day that I log in (whenever the next dlc comes out).

I have brothers. We picked one slot under the same psn/tag so we each have our character. I chose the hunter class. One brother chose a hunter as well and the other a Titan. (I have two brothers = each one slot).

I'll have to break down my 300 atk weapons then. I even replaced any that were upgraded (exotics) in the vault.

Make sure you test your new stuff against guns you can relate them to.
Like if you get a new scout rifle, but already have a 300 attack one, try them both, read the skill tree, and if you find it won't benefit you to keep the newer one, then just delete that one.

its always a juggle. I hate it, but its what has to be done if you want to keep the goods.

noomi

starting ROC train for the next hour. psn is noomi85, send friend request if you would like to join.

If I don't respond right away, just give me a few minutes to finish the current strike I'm on.

GutZ31

Like if you get a new scout rifle, but already have a 300 attack one, try them both, read the skill tree, and if you find it won't benefit you to keep the newer one, then just delete that one.

its always a juggle. I hate it, but its what has to be done if you want to keep the goods.

Now that I say this, this makes it painfully obvious that there should be a shooting range in the tower.

hetchi

Definitely doing this. I'll tend to keep my raid guns, etc over other guns though. Exotics aren't dismantled unless I get a duplicate.

gatti-man

I hate how they haven't increased the vault space. I really thought the postmaster would be safe to keep some of my stuff.

I know this now, after losing my Vex Mythoclast. I just won that the other day (01/23/2015). So mad.

I just have a whole bunch of exotics and randoms guns I like. I even lost the monte carlo but that was my second one so I just left that in the Vault. I'm more mad at losing the Vex.

Im right there with you man. I'm hoarding all my favorite looking armor for the eventual vanity patch that they hopefully add soon. I routinely dismantle guns I like because Im out of space and need it for other stuff :/ the troubles of a destiny addict.

They'll increase vault space for HoW, by making all non-exotics worthless except for the Crota raid primaries. Don't expect more than that.

Just have the lowest expectations at the point so you'll either be prepared for no change or pleasantly surprised.

Top Bottom