• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Hhmm... that could work, I know the wizard is tied to both knights dying, and most groups usually have 1 person pulled out strictly to distract the knights anyways. I was thinking you have 1 person focus on knights, as soon as the sword is down you focus fire on the knights and the wizard (should only take a few seconds with focus fire from team) since the sword runner needs time to actually grab the sword and get in position. The sword is only available for what, 45 seconds before it pops? So if the timing was right you wouldn't have to worry about boomers or wizard at all since by the time the boomers respawn the sword has poofed and the runner is on their way back to safetey anyways.

It would eat a lot of ammo potentially if you use rockets on the wizard unless primaries do enough damage to not kill rocket timing... Lots of moving parts though, but if the timing is there, it would definitely increase the safety.

Oh. You don't really need heavy stuff. Black Hammer or the Abyss eats up the wizards.

Raiding is more fun when people try out different things for the hell of it.

upload_convert.gif

Soloing the lamps is pretty easy on hard mode for a hunter. Stay on the rock of ages until you get your super then go invisible and active the bridge and run back. Then wait till the ogre appears then squat and go invisible. The ogre then walks around a huge rock and when you start to see his arm again squat and go invisible again. Get off the rock and walk up to a lone thrall and punch him when you go visible. You should have escape artist equipped so you turn back invisible. Then once that runs out use your super and go invisible twice. The bridge should form after the first super invisible.

Jinjo

How I feel every single time when someone in the fireteam tries/has to leave when stuck at Crota HM for a while:

nETkMvi.gif

"You stay 'till the job is done."

xCobalt

Hhmm... that could work, I know the wizard is tied to both knights dying, and most groups usually have 1 person pulled out strictly to distract the knights anyways. I was thinking you have 1 person focus on knights, as soon as the sword is down you focus fire on the knights and the wizard (should only take a few seconds with focus fire from team) since the sword runner needs time to actually grab the sword and get in position. The sword is only available for what, 45 seconds before it pops? So if the timing was right you wouldn't have to worry about boomers or wizard at all since by the time the boomers respawn the sword has poofed and the runner is on their way back to safetey anyways.

It would eat a lot of ammo potentially if you use rockets on the wizard unless primaries do enough damage to not kill rocket timing... Lots of moving parts though, but if the timing is there, it would definitely increase the safety.

I don't see the need to kill the Knights. The remaining 4 fireteam members should be enough to take down Crota's shields while the fifth staggers the knights. When I'm on Knight duty, I kill one knight before heading into the ogre room. This should make it a bit safer when entering and leaving the Ogre room. By the time the group goes back to killing the Swordbearer, another boomer should have spawned.

Brannon

So guess what happened to me? I lost my Vex Mythoclast b/c I didn't have any space in my vault. I kept it in the postmaster to "keep it safe" but it just got overwritten by other engrams, etc. So pissed off. Don't use the postermaster as a secondary vault b/c your stuff (engrams, guns, etc) will be overwritten/erased from the postmaster's "Lost Items". I'm pissed off that Bungie didn't increase the vault space by now.

Link for my twitter post(s).

.....why? Do you really need all the stuff in your vault? You probably have stuff in there that has been sitting for who knows how long and will continue to sit there...... I don't understand

lfEWVnh.jpg

But yeah, Bungie's being a fat flaccid cunt about inventory space.

EL CUCO

Soloing the lamps is pretty easy on hard mode for a hunter. Stay on the rock of ages until you get your super then go invisible and active the bridge and run back. Then wait till the ogre appears then squat and go invisible. The ogre then walks around a huge rock and when you start to see his arm again squat and go invisible again. Get off the rock and walk up to a lone thrall and punch him when you go visible. You should have escape artist equipped so you turn back invisible. Then once that runs out use your super and go invisible twice. The bridge should form after the first super invisible.
Can a Hunter make the jump from the 2nd lamp rock? I've only been successful with the Titan.

Sh0k

Anyone up for doing Atheon back-to-back-to-back this evening?

I have the Gorgon HM CP so we can start there and then do a quick character swap to save the checkpoint before we down Atheon the first time.

Count me in, I want my chance to get the Vex. PSN Shokleeto

cilonen

Can a Hunter make the jump from the 2nd lamp rock? I've only successful with the Titan.

Hell, I can't survive to the second lamp. I can't figure out the timing, reducing the weight of darkness, which weapons to distract thrall with... I need to get more raid armor badly.

patchday

Accidentally dismantled my main's Void Plug.One Fusion Rifle.
Feels bad.
Need a better way to organize my weapons when juggling through characters and limited vault space. This sucks.

- Need more vault
-Tired to flying to Tower when I need to switch weapons around. Sometimes I forget which character has which gun. It's a super time killer switching around these guns. I wish it were setup like Mass Effect 3 multiplayer. I didnt realize how good I had it there. You have access to all your inventory from all characters before starting a mission. This game is a lot different of course but that was much nicer

Now for bounties I don't mind the Tower too much

Another week of Crota, another no show for chest and legs. Fuck sake.

God damn how is this possible. My warlock just did Crota twice and has all the raid gear it needs.

-

Also what's the better exotic for a Sunlock, Starfire or Voidfang. I will only level one up right now.

Count me in, I want my chance to get the Vex. PSN Shokleeto

Cool. List is on...

7pm Central (about 3 hours from now): HM VoG Atheon x3

1) me, GKW212
2) Shokleeto
3)
4)
5)
6)

I have a CP at the Gorgon maze so we will need to run from there until Atheon the first time.

R0ckman

So people complained that raid gear was made irrelevant with the new expansion dlc, how do they fix this for people who have no interest in the raids but want to do the new higher level story missions? So will the next update just leave the vendors with the same level 31 gear? I don't see how they can really fix this and make it "fair". There are still people struggling and the mercy of RNG for raid gear, how would people who can't get those legs or chests going to enjoy the new dlc?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Hunter, double jump with boost.

Warlock, Sunsinger, balanced, need to activate radiance at height of jump for slight extra boost.

Beyond that it is timing the jumps correctly in sync with the weight of darkness.

-------

Would like to get a group tonight going for CE. Beginning to Crota or whole thing. I want to experiment on being supergirl. Maybe I'll do that myself before the actual run.

So people complained that raid gear was made irrelevant with the new expansion dlc, how do they fix this for people who have no interest in the raids but want to do the new higher level story missions? So will the next update just leave the vendors with the same level 31 gear? I don't see how they can really fix this and make it "fair". There are still people struggling and the mercy of RNG for raid gear, how would people who can't get those legs of chests going to enjoy the new dlc?

We don't know yet other than they have said Raid gear won't be marginalized and they will still follow the mantra of no Guardian left behind. It is not clear how they accommodate this.

Keep in mind Luke's comments are not official.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hunter, double jump with boost.

Warlock, Sunsinger, balanced, need to activate radiance at height of jump for slight extra boost.

Beyond that it is timing the jumps correctly in sync with the weight of darkness.

-------

Would like to get a group tonight going for CE. Beginning to Crota or whole thing. I want to experiment on being supergirl. Maybe I'll do that myself before the actual run.
What means you "with boost"?

What is the best way to get class material? Is it buy the class engram and decoding and then breaking down or is it buying the helmet engram?

Roc strikes on the character of your choice, give engrams to the character in need.

Thanks Hawk, I'm going to grind out Roc soon. I was hoping I could find a way to waste this 25K glimmer I have to help out my Warlock

Some ppl swear by the helmet from the Vanguard Armory. It costs 250 glimmer I think.

Going to try this also thanks, I'm only get 1 class item per helmet I discard. I was expecting to get two :(

So people complained that raid gear was made irrelevant with the new expansion dlc, how do they fix this for people who have no interest in the raids but want to do the new higher level story missions? So will the next update just leave the vendors with the same level 31 gear? I don't see how they can really fix this and make it "fair". There are still people struggling and the mercy of RNG for raid gear, how would people who can't get those legs or chests going to enjoy the new dlc?

Perhaps I am over simplifying - but why is it that new content can't have multiple difficulty levels?

You introduce missions and strikes into the world and provide difficulty levels commensurate with base game max level, expansion 1 max level, and a level above that for those who wish to raid and get the gear needed to crack it.

Obviously that would require different tiers of rewards that provide loot for that play level.

You could even consider adding elemental damage to raid weapons that would be a required elemental damage type for certain mobs in the highest level difficulty - or even add slots for all weapons that allow the installation of special 'crystals' or some such that only drop in raids, and provide that special damage for the higher level content.

The idea of the never ending 'gotta boost the light level to make new content harder' and applying that to everyone is simple, but it introduces the problem you've outlined here.

Feorax

House of Wolves Raid could quite conceivably launch at level 31 standard, making it higher level than Crota's End was when it launched, but allowing those with vendor-bought gear a shot at it.

Theoretically then, HoW gear drops at light level 34, ready for when Hard Mode is launched, also at level 34. That way everyone wins.

FWIW, I also think VoG gear should be buffed to light 36 at this point. Make it semi-useful at least.

CLBridges

3rd Crota HM down and Word of Crota...again. Still missing scout and auto rifle, but at least I still need to run Crota HM up to Deathsinger on my warlocks, it's gotta drop...right?!

I've talked to several people about this, and most agree.

Before House of Wolves drops there absolutely needs to be an increase to the vault storage space for each player, and a glimmer cap raise as well.

I've done all I can to prevent deleting favourite weapons, and pretty much have to delete all legendaries that drop during nightfalls etc right away. I just don't have the space. The concept of duplicates of favourite weapons is now completely out of the question.

HoW will be the straw that broke the camels back I think.

What do you think?

#vaultbeforewolves

Carbonox

God damn how is this possible. My warlock just did Crota twice and has all the raid gear it needs.

-

Also what's the better exotic for a Sunlock, Starfire or Voidfang. I will only level one up right now.

I did get an auto-rifle and an arm (which I already have) though. Nothing I actually needed though.

My friend didn't even get gear. Just shards and energies. :lol

Top Bottom