• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

Greenymac

7pm Central (about 3 hours from now): HM VoG Atheon x3

1) me, GKW212
2) Shokleeto
3) FirewalkR (PSN?)
4) ipitythafool32 (PSN?)
5) GreenyMac 32
6)

I have a CP at the Gorgon maze so we will need to run from there until Atheon the first time.

If we make it quick, I should be down...

zewone

1) me, GKW212
2) Shokleeto
3) FirewalkR (PSN?)
4) ipitythafool32 (PSN?)
5)
6)

I have a CP at the Gorgon maze so we will need to run from there until Atheon the first time.
I think I know time zones. 5PM PST, right?

I'm in if so.

FiraB

Banned

1) me, GKW212
2) Shokleeto
3) FirewalkR (PSN?)
4) ipitythafool32 (PSN?)
5)
6)

just send us a invite and ill do one, psn firabud

So people complained that raid gear was made irrelevant with the new expansion dlc, how do they fix this for people who have no interest in the raids but want to do the new higher level story missions? So will the next update just leave the vendors with the same level 31 gear? I don't see how they can really fix this and make it "fair". There are still people struggling and the mercy of RNG for raid gear, how would people who can't get those legs or chests going to enjoy the new dlc?

Thats because there is no "Hard mode" gear to fix it, its makes sense to see normal raid gear being kinda useless after a new "expansion" arrives and put sone vendors to help non raid players to get gear for the next raid without affecting raid players who runs on Hard from the previous raid.

1) me, GKW212
2) Shokleeto
3) FirewalkR (PSN?)
4) ipitythafool32 (PSN?)
5)
6)

I need two runs with my main (lv32) and my alt (lv29)

PSN ShikiAoi

This seems like it would work

This is really, really easy-- and holds no threat of death, or chance of a Boomers attention being drawn to the Sword Carrier for the entirety of the fight. Level doesn't matter, so it's safe for someone with lower levels or poor/not upgraded guns.
If you have someone jump behind the boomer tower on the right, they can stand there shooting the wall and consistently hold Boomer Agro. The attention of the Boomers will not waiver from the person standing there.
So it would go like this:
1) Clear the mobs to the left and right of the center Crystal.
2) Everyone stacks up on the right side, but do not immediately leave.
3) Send person on Boomer duty out first. They head directly to their spot, before the Boomers show up.
4) Right on the heels of the person on Boomer duty, the rest of the team leaves and goes to middle like normal.
5) As soon as the Boomer Person gets there, they begin to shoot at the wall every 4-5 seconds, to keep the Boomers looking/shooting at them. They are completely safe in this spot, and will remain here for the entirety of the fight.
The only times this does not consistently work is if the attention of the Boomers is drawn to the Sword Carrier before the Boomer Person is in position. It works without fail so long as the Boomer Person is in place and shooting at all the wall as soon as possible. Hence having them be the first out the door. We used this all afternoon to help with lower levels, and only saw problems if the Boomer Person took too long getting into place.

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG..._easy_boomer_cheese_spot_best_one_by_far_100/

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qahX0hbVhGU

I think I know time zones. 5PM PST, right?

I'm in if so.

Yeah, 5pm PST

7pm Central (about 2.5 hours from now): HM VoG Atheon x3

1) me, GKW212
2) Shokleeto
3) FirewalkR (PSN?)
4) ipitythafool32 (PSN?)
5) greenymac
6) zewone

Anyone figure out if the MIDA is able to stagger the Boomers in CE?

edit: Top of page... HI MOM!!!!!

50ppg peasant....

Fun tip, I had the collect 200 moon things bounty equipped when I did the deathsinger part of the raid earlier today and some of the hallowed knights counted towards that.

Some Knights in that encounter actually give you 25glimmer. They're usually in the crystal room after you kill deathsinger. Those were probably the ones that counted towards your bounty

Namikaze1

Seems unfair now that I know this.
Just think of all the money we can make!
its-all-about-the-money-L-dTKi46.png

#warlockmasterrace

Hmm... That does look really good. But what about left tower? Boomers there will still shoot sword bearer so someone needs to keep them staggered...

But to compensate for this, right stairs can be used, we can have 1 guy in cheese spot, 1 guy on left boomers and the rest on sword/Crota

I understand that must suck big time but why would you keep blue engrams at the post office. You should take those out, decrypt them and then just dismantle them. I never keep engrams. Usually shaders and weapons I want but don't have room for

M3Rocket

House of Wolves Raid could quite conceivably launch at level 31 standard, making it higher level than Crota's End was when it launched, but allowing those with vendor-bought gear a shot at it.

Theoretically then, HoW gear drops at light level 34, ready for when Hard Mode is launched, also at level 34. That way everyone wins.

FWIW, I also think VoG gear should be buffed to light 36 at this point. Make it semi-useful at least.

I think the fair way to do it without resetting player progression and investment is to allow previous raid gear to be leveled up to higher light (add another column of "bubbles"). Doesn't matter whether by getting new mats from the new raid or whatever. But don't invalidate the investment in the player has already spent acquiring the older gear.

At the same time, NEW players can decide to skip the old Raid gear altogether if they want and simply acquire new gear from the vendors with the higher light levels which will require leveling from scratch. Or they can run the older raids, get old Raid armor that can also level up to the current DLC light level.

This could apply not just to Raid armor, but also to Raid Weapons and Exotics. I have no idea how they came up with the convoluted and ultimately progression-crushing way to upgrade the Exotics with TDB.

I can only surmise that there may have been technical limitations in play as to what they can do to add additional progression bubbles and/or what the requirements are to fill the bubbles. Either way, they still could have gotten around that by adding a "version Xur 2.0" Exotic weapon to the table, not even change the number of bubbles in it but made it easier to fill the bubbles (less XP required), and made it such that you can only get the upgrade weapon from Xur if/when you exchange/turn-in a "version 1.0"

Feorax

So I have the option of the Exotic bounties, Should I get a Bad Juju or a Thorn?

Thorn is a pretty strong hand cannon. Works well in PvP especially.

Bad Juju is a pretty average weapon, but combined with an obsidian mind makes a void warlock almost unstoppable.

Ruze789

Had 30 minutes or so to knock out those stupid boring mindless Eris bounties so I could finally hit rank 3 with her, and XBL is down/ having Core Services Issues. Dammit.

Top Bottom