• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

Manp

YEEEAH! we did it, team fontina did it!

and i got nothing out of it. 5 shards, helm and shader :|

but WE DID IT!

edit

team:
Malfurient
Path_of_Joe
Seep_UK
StevePharma
Arnoodt
Manp

MildSoss

So now that the dust has settled and some good strategies for killing Crota keep popping up do you guys still feel like the difficulty isn't as bad as people were making it out to be on the first day?

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
I don't understand why people won't realize getting Crota's shield down is so much more about consistent dmg than AMOUNT of dps. Gjhallahorn simply makes it a no-brainer to do dmg over time. There are plenty of other options. As long as his shield keeps going down, you're golden.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Only if you promise to no bully. I only need to run it once, so you can take my spot for his second run if you're around.

ibwB1IOaNzVHWZ.gif

I don't understand why people won't realize getting Crota's shield down is so much more about consistent dmg than AMOUNT of dps. Gjhallahorn simply makes it a no-brainer to do dmg over time. There are plenty of other options. As long as his shield keeps going down, you're golden.

Gjallarhorn just makes it faster, so you have a chance of making him kneel three times.

Ugh, I still need to try and get Fatebringer. Maybe I"ll do that instead of downing Crota.

I'm starting to think I'm a bad omen for whatever Fireteam I'm in. :p

The Ocho

Neo Member
How goes it DestinyGAF? I've Lurked the forums for a while now and finally decided to jump in. I've been playing pretty much solo since i got the game around christmas time and would really like to have some folks to play with. All my friends either gave up on the game or never got it to begin with, but I love it.

I've been trying to complete the last step of the Thorn bounty for a couple of weeks now and could use some help if anyone is interested. I'm also down to do weekly stuff too....up for anything really.

I play on the PS4 under the name thaocho. looking forward to gaming with you all!

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Gjallarhorn just makes it faster, so you have a chance of making him kneel three times.

Is ghorn faster or simply easier? I think the reason ghorn is easier is because it damages for long a period of time (intial burst+wolfpack) without having to babysit. You can easily replicate that with rocket+primary. I have a ghorn so I'm not coming from a position of being jealous here. I'm just saying people misunderstand what make for a good shield eater.

How goes it DestinyGAF? I've Lurked the forums for a while now and finally decided to jump in. I've been playing pretty much solo since i got the game around christmas time and would really like to have some folks to play with. All my friends either gave up on the game or never got it to begin with, but I love it.

I've been trying to complete the last step of the Thorn bounty for a couple of weeks now and could use some help if anyone is interested. I'm also down to do weekly stuff too....up for anything really.

I play on the PS4 under the name thaocho. looking forward to gaming with you all!

Hi, first step to recovery is admitting their is a problem.

Qwell

I can help with Xyor in a few hours or later this weekend if you are on, sending you a FR.

Also I think I might actually attempt to kill Crota HM sometime this weekend even though I was going to wait a bit, seems like some ok strategies have been getting made. Hopefully some groups are still planning on doing some runs later tonight or over the weekend.

I still have no idea how in gods name some people have three characters to 32. I have my hunter to 32 and am in desperate need of shards to try to get my titan there. I was even soloing all three through bridge every week since launch and often cleared crota with all three and I am still some 40+ shards away from getting my second character to 32.

Homeboyd

I still have no idea how in gods name some people have three characters to 32. I have my hunter to 32 and am in desperate need of shards to try to get my titan there. I was even soloing all three through bridge every week since launch and often cleared crota with all three and I am still some 40+ shards away from getting my second character to 32.
Eris

LiK

Eris Rank 4

Eris and nearly a month of little to no crota drops will yield you hella energies.

Dazzler

people with three characters.. do you have one of each class, or three of the same class?

The effort involved in three different classes is pushing me towards three of the same class

Is ghorn faster or simply easier? I think the reason ghorn is easier is because it damages for long a period of time (intial burst+wolfpack) without having to babysit. You can easily replicate that with rocket+primary. I have a ghorn so I'm not coming from a position of being jealous here. I'm just saying people misunderstand what make for a good shield eater.

Both. One Ghorn shot is the equivalent of two regular rockets, AFAIK. On hard mode, it takes three Ghorn shots to take down Crota's shields. While I agree that it's a little ridiculous that some groups are looking for every member of the fireteam to have a Ghorn, I think it's at least a good idea to bring at least one person along that has a Ghorn. The amount of damage you get from one rocket is just great, not only for downing Crota, but for taking down Ogres and Swordbearer as well.

Rhaegar

Any lonely Xboners down for either normal CE or hard VOG late tonight? I'm stuck putting the kids down to bed and am on Pacific Time, so maybe 9 or so PST? Later might even work better if that works for anyone else. My GT is Ev0lved1 and I'll put a signup below:

1. Ev0lved1 (31 Titan)

My problem was I ignored the 2nd Chest for quite some time. Probably about 18 materials worth.

Also, I've leveled up 4 raid pieces on my Titan so I had exotic versatility.

LiK

people with three characters.. do you have one of each class, or three of the same class?

The effort involved in three different classes is pushing me towards three of the same class

I have three different classes. Keeps me from being bored.

its just more fun to play the 3 different characters imo

the only tedious thing is building up the plasteel plating/saphire wires/hadronic essences

i was lucky enough to get some legendaries and exotics for classes i didn't yet have tho

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey

Saved up public events. :)

14210989787055eced15538bfb7c07f8a5b28fc5d0.gif

@Silver

I'll be on later tonight. Have things to do soon.

"enrage is near" is the popular thread suggestion

actual thread title "Enrage is here, there, everywhere..."

just as terrible as how bungie listens to their audience and makes xur sell no land beyond and no heavy primaries

Top Bottom