• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

Mmm dat double.

Come on. Its no more mechanical than Atheon. :)

haha uh-oh, 5,000 word rant post incoming... :p

Very true that Atheon is mechanical, but Atheon is a fine Swiss watch. Crota is the Wizard of Oz: do not look at the damage scaling behind the curtain!!!

This is also why I love Templar so much, way more freedom and improvisation when running the relic compared to Scrota sword.

Truth bombs, especially about it being so mechanical. For 5 people, the fight is literally clear adds-->go outside-->shoot crota shield or boomers-->go inside-->sit around, contemplate poor life decisions that led you here-->repeat-->ogres-->repeat.

It also makes you wonder how Bungie intended this encounter to play out. It's not clear how this battle is "intended" to flow. With limited health regen it encourages a turtle strategy naturally, especially with the starting room being relatively safe. A far cry from the very directed and role defining Atheon battle.

I'm down for some HM VoG runs

Cool, no idea when everyone would be ready to roll but might as well start a list:

HM VoG Fresh, at least through Templar (#ForeverNoFBringer)

1.) me
2.) Slender Beans
3.) McArkus
4.)
5.)
6.)

I can help on multiple Templars or finishing the run through Atheon but I just really want to save that Templar CP....

I'm officially a HM Crota slicer and dicer, screw you mr Crota poopy pants, I'm glad you died at my hands

Niiiiiice! Congrats Qwell!

Stackboy

Australian Destiny player here. Keen to find more people to run the weekly and the raid with. I usually play in the afternoons 4pm local time. PSN is StackboyRoyale. Currently a 28 Titan. I've run the VoG raid once.

Cool, no idea when everyone would be ready to roll but might as well start a list:

1.) me
2.) Slender Beans
3.) McArkus
4.)
5.)
6.)

I can help on multiple Templars or finishing the run through Atheon but I just really want to save that Templar CP....

Can you save oracles CP?

It also makes you wonder how Bungie intended this encounter to play out. It's not clear how this battle is "intended" to flow. With limited health regen it encourages a turtle strategy naturally, especially with the starting room being relatively safe. A far cry from the very directed and role defining Atheon battle.

Exactly. That's the part I hate so much relative to Templar for example. At Templar, of course you can turtle up by the right-side cave, but you can also spread people out to cover Oracles and it's completely viable.

With Scrota, wtf else are people supposed to do? Of course you can push things harder and go for 2 sword kills, but that's just based on slight modifications to team positions and shield break timings. And everyone still has to turtle it up just the same.

I wanted a fight with 6 badass motherfuckers swinging swords around and working together (or at least some elements like that).

Can you save oracles CP?

Save the Oracles CP?!?! What is this, November??? Is cyborg still alive ?!?!

Maybe I really am Kabr, lost in time....

I wanted a fight with 6 badass motherfuckers swinging swords around and working together (or at least some elements like that).

Before the raid released, I thought for sure there would be a section with everyone wielding swords simultaneously. Would have been epic. Bridge nit quite there.

1.) me
2.) Slender Beans
3.) McArkus
4.)
5.)
6.)

Ready when you guys are. When we get to Templar, I"ll hop characters to get the checkpoint on both. Also, I want to try the bogus rumor that dying before the Templar dies gives you Fatebringer.

1.) me
2.) Slender Beans
3.) McArkus
4.)
5.)
6.)

Just did a full vog, up for it again.

Forgot to switch and save templar checkpoint :/

Edit: If there are enough to do VoG without me please go ahead. If people could save the Oracle and Templar CPs that would be amazing. I had already told LtWood I would help with Scrota before so I want to make sure and do that first.

Need 2 for a second Crota Kill. Looking at you Bogue. ASAP.

I'm going to sign on right now. Hopefully it's actually working now, I was getting cattle errors earlier.

Maybesew

Hey, I'm looking for a new raid group

Roster:
32 Hunter
31 Titan (7 shards away from 32)
31 Warlock (21 shards away from 32)

I've been raiding Crota's End since a week or 2 after release. I have a ton of energy in the bank and just need to grind the glimmer to convert it to shards. I have multiple Hunger of Crota and Song, a black hammer, 2 ice breaker. My main primary is a 331 Up for Anything. I don't have any of the primaries from VoG, I only did the raid once (on Normal.)

Last week when the hard mode came out, I hadn't gotten my hunter to 32 yet. The understanding was that I would finish my Eris bounties so I could convert my energy to shards, and be 32 by the next week's raid. Last night when I signed in before the raid I was told my spot (which I was told was being saved for me) was given to someone else.

I'm looking for a regular group that ideally runs Hard Mode on Tuesday nights. I can raid other nights of the week as well, we usually used Friday night as a backup night for whatever we didn't finish on Tuesdays.

I'm a pretty low key player, I don't have a problem following instructions, and am probably the opposite of a Destiny know-it-all. My PSN ID is perfybro. Send me a message either here on reddit or PSN if you have a spot in your group.

Hung Wei Lo

1.) me
2.) Slender Beans
3.) McArkus
4.)
5.)
6.)

I'm game!

I'm in the middle of a strike, but should be done soon..psn is kinezo

Seems like your characters (and gear?) will carry over to Destiny 2.

Is this confirmed? I wonder how it will carry over since I'm assuming everyone will start off at level 1 again. Maybe you cannot access your vault until you hit 20 or whatever their new max level is without light.

McArkus

Is this confirmed? I wonder how it will carry over since I'm assuming everyone will start off at level 1 again. Maybe you cannot access your vault until you hit 20 or whatever their new max level is without light.

I hope it also carries your weapons and inventory!!!

Top Bottom