• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

Crota glitches have gone beyond Atheon. Not sure what happened but CE was fairly stable before HM hit. Bungie's patches and hot fixes probably screwed it up even more. Crota fight is near unplayable.

Maybe it's just a lot of anecdotal evidence, but I really really think they fucked up Crota's kneeling/immune response when they patched the ethernet pulling bullshit. His unpredictably fast stand ups seem more common on the HM-specific Enrage response but they were popping up a lot more often even before HM dropped.

Sometimes he does it during health-Engrage, sometimes not, etc etc. This is not what I meant when I said Destiny needs more randomization. Considering how clearly they bungled the anti-cheese Atheon and Templar hot fix patches I would not be remotely surprised if they messed this up too.

forrest

formerly nacire
I'll be on then if a spot is free with either Warlock or Titan. Will be sure to be in party chat unlike last night.

My cheesy warlock can induce some lactose bridges. Aka I would like to join you.

I would like to join as well. Witness a Sword Master first hand.

I'd like to reserve a spot as well. Ltwood12 psn

death4romabove22 said:
I'm down for fresh ce run 11 est maxed ballerhorn hunter or warlock what ever helps

Any of you people still interested in a full run in about 30 minutes? I originally posted on a quote to Kadey, but never saw if she was interested either. Either way Crota's End Full Run Hard Mode at roughly 11 EST

So do most people think Destiny 2 will just be current gen consoles (and possibly PC)?

The main reason I'm grinding so hard is because I'm hoping my progress will be able to impact my characters in Destiny 2.

gdt

I'm sitting at the hard gorgon checkpoint. Come and hop in, and give me a chance for my alts to grab the chest.

Ps4 gdt5016

coy

Any of you people still interested in a full run in about 30 minutes? I originally posted on a quote to Kadey, but never saw if she was interested either. Either way Crota's End Full Run Hard Mode at roughly 11 EST
Yup I'm game. I see Kadey on atm so maybe she's a go. On your FL as coyquettish.

gdt

So do most people think Destiny 2 will just be current gen consoles (and possibly PC)?

The main reason I'm grinding so hard is because I'm hoping my progress will be able to impact my characters in Destiny 2.

Seems like your characters (and gear?) will carry over to Destiny 2.

Sorry, but we've been at it for around 5 hours last night and just ran into bug after bug, would like to get some experience.

This is exactly what I was talking about the other day for why I hate Crota so much. I sure as heck don't blame anyone for feeling this way, with so much frustration everyone just wants to get it done. I can help if you still need people and if LTWood is full for now.

I really want too, but I don't think kids will be in bed by then. Being rather difficult right now. if I am not there in time, just give my spot to someone else.

I do :( but my scrubbie RL friends need my help...well need 2 for a fresh crota run. Or we can start at crota. 2 of my friends have not done HM yet and are scrubbie but the first few parts are not bad :)

I'd like in on this. Have a 32 Hunter and Warlock. Maxed Gjallarhorn/Black Hammer/Etc.

spyder_ur

My biggest problem with the Crota fight, especially on hard, is it's not particularly fun. It seems way too mechanical to me. On hard, most of the time you're not even shooting anything, at least if you're using the most common strategies. Just managing health, orbs, rockets and time. Probably will not go back to hard Crota very often once I get the scout.

Also, the bugs and lag seem on another level compared to regular Crota or Atheon. Someone joked tonight that they kick in once morale is too high. I am normally not one to harp on lag or bugs as excuses, but it's fairly bad from what I've seen.

R0ckman

Struggles to find HM Crota CP group for evening after work, 2 days straight, finds one that disbands after 3 attempts...

zVs3Kvr.jpg

I think I'm gonna go to bed... Might try on friday...

Anyone want to knock out crota on hard? I've got the checkpoint and want this done so I don't have to play it again for another week. Would need someone that is decent with the sword. Need 5

Psn: manicstreet

Nice work crew. Had to get better on the sword on the fly but I think we got a handle on that after a little while. Main thing was the damn sword bearer being a bitch. What we figured out was you can kinda agro him if the blade runner (to avoid confusion) hangs around behind one of the pillars to draw his attention then grab it and piss off to Crota. Once we started that it seemed to solve all our sword bearer related time-outs.

I think we had 4 swords disappear. One was on the third like a half hour into it. Ugh. From what we've learned though I think we could do it again in a couple shots. I really gotta find a way to get health back lol

spyder_ur

Nice work crew. Had to get better on the sword on the fly but I think we got a handle on that after a little while. Main thing was the damn sword bearer being a bitch. What we figured out was you can kinda agro him if the blade runner (to avoid confusion) hangs around behind one of the pillars to draw his attention then grab it and piss off to Crota. Once we started that it seemed to solve all our sword bearer related time-outs.

I think we had 4 swords disappear. One was on the third like a half hour into it. Ugh. From what we've learned though I think we could do it again in a couple shots. I really gotta find a way to get health back lol

Yeah, you killed it one the sword that last run. Great job. Swordbearer was definitely being a bitch, no offense intended. Except the one time he literally came right to us in the tower...and the sword despawned.

My biggest problem with the Crota fight, especially on hard, is it's not particularly fun. It seems way too mechanical to me. On hard, most of the time you're not even shooting anything most of the time, at least if you're using the most common strategies. Just managing health, orbs, and time. Probably will not go back to hard Crota very often once I get the scout.

Also, the bugs and lag seem on another level compared to regular Crota or Atheon. Someone joked tonight that they kick in once morale is too high. I am normally not one to harp on lag or bugs as excuses, but it's fairly bad from what I've seen.

Truth bombs, especially about it being so mechanical. For 5 people, the fight is literally clear adds-->go outside-->shoot crota shield or boomers-->go inside-->sit around, contemplate poor life decisions that led you here-->repeat-->ogres-->repeat.

spyder_ur

Truth bombs, especially about it being so mechanical. For 5 people, the fight is literally clear adds-->go outside-->shoot crota shield or boomers-->go inside-->sit around, contemplate poor life decisions that led you here-->repeat-->ogres-->repeat.

This is the most crucial and often the most difficult step.

zewone

Come on. Its no more mechanical than Atheon. :)

spyder_ur

Come on. Its no more mechanical than Atheon. :)

Maybe, but it feels to me than Atheon has much better pacing at the very least. A good Atheon run has a nice rhythm to it. A good hard Crota run has you sitting in a room twice for a minute or more. And damaging Atheon during TV has a much more team feel to it. There's more variance to how successful you can be.

What we figured out was you can kinda agro him if the blade runner (to avoid confusion) hangs around behind one of the pillars to draw his attention then grab it and piss off to Crota. Once we started that it seemed to solve all our sword bearer related time-outs.

Yeah, the sword runner can hop down in the bottom middle as long as he stays far enough forward to not aggro the GKeeper (keep an eye on radar behind you). This helps pull SBearer towards the middle. But the SB isn't completely unpredictable, he just pulls to certain positions based on where the team is situated. And then reacts evasively when fired on, so for example if he's right of the chalice table and a rocket hits on the left he will evade further right and might end up retreating behind cover even farther right.

I never really understood time-out issues with SB. Either just stun-lock him with snipers or jump in the air and get an angle on him to shoot rockets. The problems come in when the team is split up or lose sight of him waiting for Crota then SB pulls way off to one side.

Top Bottom