• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

gdt

715 hours in this game. By far my most played game. This is kinda crazy what the hell. I need to start playing other games.

Soon as I get the necrochasm and Hunter helmet I might take it easy. 3 Nightfalls a week and maybe some raiding for shots at my very few missing exotics. I would of course come back strong with HoW.

All my gear is maxed and so are the weapons mostly. So I don't really do bounties anymore except right now for the new raid primaries.

Nah.

Korosenai

If you run towards the outside and make sure to touch the crystal you can get out before the barrier forms. Takes timing but it is possible, done it many times myself. Someone needs to test this out and see if you can push him off before the wall behind him forms :p
The wall behind him just completely disappears. It's not that it hasn't formed yet, it just goes away.

realcZk

My two cents of some of that new Crota cheese :

Judging by texture quality and the fact that it's recorded on a camera its probably a last-gen system that they are playing on in the video. My guess is it's an Xbox 360 because the guy doing the cheese (Fearic Returns) plays on Xbox. You can't have spaces in PSN names and he has an active destiny profile.

Last-gen systems have been hacked wide open for quite some time and there are already tons of Destiny cheats available for them, example shown here. These cheats work by reading/writing the game memory and modifying values. These values can be used to do anything from provide infinite ammo to increase damage as well as removing level geometry or changing the game state. One thing I don't know much about is the requirements to use these cheats (jtag, etc) and their impacts on XBL connectivity. I know MS is generally pretty good at banning consoles, although you can re-flash console IDs to circumvent it but it's not cheap.

They could be doing some sort of memory writing to accomplish this, although some sort of host-induced lag could potentially produce it as well and would be much safer (not bannable). You can see before he does it the second time he's potentially signaling something on the mic after the first grenade, but doesn't do that the first time. After loot is received the backdrop reappears both times. No one visibly disconnects, the video goes on for quite a while after the second downing and everyone remains in game.

Doubt this is something we'll see on PS4/XBO anytime soon, unless its lag induced.

If anyone wants to investigate further, here's links to the potential matches on Destiny Tracker from Fearic's CE cheese matches
Instance #1
Instance #2

UPDATE: Thought about it a bit more...this guy has over 34 days of playtime on his account, so if I had to bet money I'd probably bet it's either GraveRobberX's alt, or it's a lag-related thing. I doubt he'd risk an account+console ban by using a jtag/rgh just to beat Crota by removing level geometry. Sure, its subtle and might not be something easily noticed, but then he goes and uploads a video of it with his gamertag? Either that, or he just really wants a ban because he's a filthy addict who knows that's the only way he'll finally move on :)

pixxxelz

1 me
2 RAWR
3 Superbonk
4 the_log_ride
5 ShikiAoi
6 DazzlerIE

Alright that's 6 now how do we do this xD my psn is chiquili59 so I guess you can join me?

Mindlog

I need a Hard Mode Crota checkpoint pretty please.
I can help your team or just experiment for a bit on my own. If I get it I promise to return the favor.

gdt

:) Did it with gdt the other night, hardest part was finding lowest ammo primary to unload lol

After using NLB and Universal Remote, the best primary is Last Word for this. Drains fast. Start it, finish draining, switch to Ice breaker. Cuts start time down.

That Crota cheese is fucking brilliant, OG-Atheon style.

Players win again !!!

Woohoo! Thanks to all the gaffers that helped us bag two kills tonight. T-44 is absolutely ecstatic. Love this community. Qwell and Bogue were both great on sword. So fun!

Hell yeah, great job everyone! Team First..er, Fourth Try !

Rehsa

After using NLB and Universal Remote, the best primary is Last Word for this. Drains fast. Start it, finish draining, switch to Ice breaker. Cuts start time down.

Awesome, I will have to remember to bring it next time. I was using a blue HC but it still had like 70 rounds!

After spending 80 motes to get a Timur's Lash with Outlaw and Field Scout, I get a Venation III with Outlaw and Field Scout. At least they actually feel different, so I can't complain.

So what's everyone's opinion on Fang of Ir Yut? I've already got a Calling Scout rifle with Explosive Rounds, AP rounds and Firefly, so I'm not sure if I should invest a ton of time into Fang or not.

LiK

So what's everyone's opinion on Fang of Ir Yut? I've already got a Calling Scout rifle with Explosive Rounds, AP rounds and Firefly, so I'm not sure if I should invest a ton of time into Fang or not.

Fang is pretty great and mine only has the fast reload perk atm.

Top Bottom