• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

Raybunny

The cattle and banjo haunted me all night long. Was a useless gaming day. And I wanted to do 3 Crota normal yesterday and attack 3 Crota HM today. Guess my destiny plans were postponed by one day.

got a little closer this time
http://youtu.be/y8Ezuo_CSq4

ROFL the ending is the best haha
692133_o.gif

coy

Man Forrest we ran CE , NF and a weekly tonight. You could've asked if someone had the Gorgon CP because I do. :p

I am pleased Fang dropped tonight. That only leaves Crux to finish off the weapon collection from CE. I've got friends still in need of normal mode drops before even the hard drops so I expect to continue frequenting this place. I'll hope for better gear stat-wise and maybe exotics - NLB dropped last week and Dragon's Breath today.

raindoc

Ah, a fellow vain Titan. I think that is one of the best looking helms along with the ones that drop in the raids

They should spank the artist that made Glasshouse tho

at least that one's new. warlocks only got an old legendary helmet painted in black.
and going by destinydb, the next DLC brings the same fucking helmet again, but this time in white (or silver).

wkq0CyD.jpg

deadduck

Boguester I recorded our run the other night, since then our clan tried a slightly different strat. We use the boomer distraction technique from 2-man mixed with a strait central strat.

This video shows my POV (excuse the poor bladedancer skills) but at the end you'll see our titan bubble placement. This allows the titan to fire rockets and distract boomers.

I think this is easier than the chaos of the two man http://youtu.be/wI32jsnW8ro

Got 1 kill yesterday but intsta stand around enrage (seems to be lag) stopped me doing more.

Thanks Drizzay for the Crota kill. We had to deal with a lot of bullshit Crota sword bearer kills, but we finally finished it.

Got the helm for the 3rd damn time. Drop a fucking gun Crota. Still only 1 gun to drop all this fucking time.

GG to Khorgano and team, mad props to Hightone for slicing and dicing like a pro.

Although I may have missed my chance at that Templar CP, you still around Ruthless? Or anyone else have it? Or want to run Hard VoG for FBringer?

Boguester I recorded our run the other night, since our clan tried a slightly different strat. We use the boomer distraction technique from 2-man mixed with a strait central strat.

This video shows my POV (excuse the poor bladedancer skills) but at the end you'll see our titan bubble placement. This allows the titan to fire rockets and distract boomers.

I think this is easier than the chaos of the two man http://youtu.be/wI32jsnW8ro

Awesome, looks great! We just used the bubble distraction method on a kill, very effective especially with a Hunter who can go invis and not pull aggro off the bubble. GG!

double edit: this video is actually a perfect example of showing how sometimes his Enrage stand up is totally normal

Thanks Drizzay for the Crota kill. We had to deal with a lot of bullshit Crota sword bearer kills, but we finally finished it..

You guys have a great team because everybody communicates well and likes to talk things out to make sure we are all on the same page.

Yeah I'm gonna go back through my saved videos to see wtf was happening. Sometimes he stands up way too fucking quickly for no reason. It's not related to Enrage, I really think it's something they fucked up when trying to patch cheese (
IMAGINE THAT
). (edit: to clarify he definitely can and will instakill during enrage, but it also happens during other shield breaks and also sometimes doesn't happen during enrage, so who knows)

Midas

Boguester I recorded our run the other night, since then our clan tried a slightly different strat. We use the boomer distraction technique from 2-man mixed with a strait central strat.

Got 1 kill yesterday but intsta stand around enrage (seems to be lag) stopped me doing more.

And when we play, Crota doesn't behave this way during enrage. He stands up instantly, no animation from the kneeling, and swing his sword to kill our guy handling the sword. What's going on? Bugs or us? Lag? I have no idea.

Edit: just read the last part of your post, haha.

Anyone up for running norm crota or a hard VoG?

I also have a hard crota cp. but of the opinion of fu that guy at the minute!

Was trying to run some of my clan mates through it for their first time last night. We practised it on normal and executed perfectly. Switch to hard and all of a sudden the sword bearer is lagging out of the door and straight to the left. Crota decided to smash me with his sword as he took a knee, unable to drop the sword to do a blink strike.

It is ridiculous how lucky you have to be to get a clear glitch free run, never mind executing that clear run perfectly. Margin for error is ridiculous.

GG to Khorgano and team, mad props to Hightone for slicing and dicing like a pro.

Although I may have missed my chance at that Templar CP, you still around Ruthless? Or anyone else have it? Or want to run Hard VoG for FBringer?

Awesome, looks great! We just used the bubble distraction method on a kill, very effective especially with a Hunter who can go invis and not pull aggro off the bubble. GG!

double edit: this video is actually a perfect example of showing how sometimes his Enrage stand up is totally normal

You guys have a great team because everybody communicates well and likes to talk things out to make sure we are all on the same page.

Yeah I'm gonna go back through my saved videos to see wtf was happening. Sometimes he stands up way too fucking quickly for no reason. It's not related to Enrage, I really think it's something they fucked up when trying to patch cheese (
IMAGINE THAT
). (edit: to clarify he definitely can and will instakill during enrage, but it also happens during other shield breaks and also sometimes doesn't happen during enrage, so who knows)

They aren't Gaffers, but they are pretty solid. I've talked to them about joining but they don't care. There's only 5 of us so we always need a 6th, glad you could help.

LordofPwn

Mid strat is more fun for sword carrier, but damn do things need to go right. Too many wipes due to sword bearer hiding or running to stairs or boomers agroing on sword carrier for no apparent reason. The modified 2-man strat aka Double Bouble Trouble is just way more consistent. You just have to melt the ogres asap to spawn sword carrier.

And when we play, Crota doesn't behave this way during enrage. He stands up instantly, no animation from the kneeling, and swing his sword to kill our guy handling the sword. What's going on? Bugs or us? Lag? I have no idea..

Not sure if you caught the double edits in my above post, but I'm becoming more convinced that it's not just lag, or maybe not really lag at all. We just did a kill where another sword master was running it so I had a good view. We all had green bar connections too and no delayed hit markers when shooting enemies.

There were still a few runs wiped out due to that insta-kill bullshit, and they weren't on his enrage stand up either. Considering how the anti-cheese patch was specifically related to making sure Crota was "more responsive" to standing up, and considering how badly they bungled every previous boss cheese patch.... it just makes the most sense to me.

Of course lag is still a huge issue but I think that's more explicitly related to the runs when Crota kills the sword even though his shield was already gone. You see his shield gone, but Crota has already activated the sword swing and the required timing is so tight that you insta-die before the game has registered he should be kneeling.

They aren't Gaffers, but they are pretty solid. I've talked to them about joining but they don't care. There's only 5 of us so we always need a 6th, glad you could help.

They have a Gaffers mentality for gaming, which is what's important. haha

Mid strat is more fun for sword carrier, but damn do things need to go right. Too many wipes due to sword bearer hiding or running to stairs or boomers agroing on sword carrier for no apparent reason. The modified 2-man strat aka Double Bouble Trouble is just way more consistent. You just have to melt the ogres asap to spawn sword carrier.

Sword bearer just pulls on team members positioning. If everyone stays in the crystal room he will stay in the general middle area. The other thing that makes him go to the side is when people start damaging him and trigger his evasive maneuvers. If you don't kill him quick then he wants to run and hide to regenerate his health.

I'd be curious to try out a double bubble strat but I automatically dislike any strat that has hard-lined requirements. Maybe I should watch that video but why do the Ogres have to melt quick? Isn't it still 3 swords to kill?

Left to have dinner, i'll be back in half an hour.

w00t w00t, thanks dude! I'll be around.

Yep, I know, I meant after the bounty reset. We like to grab all the bounties first.

haha yeah makes sense, I figured it was something like that.

deadduck

Sword bearer just pulls on team members positioning. If everyone stays in the crystal room he will stay in the general middle area. The other thing that makes him go to the side is when people start damaging him and trigger his evasive maneuvers. If you don't kill him quick then he wants to run and hide to regenerate his health.

Going to glass, shooting primary (no aim down sight) seems to draw him into area in the middle below the glass. Great for sword 2 and 3.

Midas

Not sure if you caught the double edits in my above post, but I'm becoming more convinced that it's not just lag, or maybe not really lag at all. We just did a kill where another sword master was running it so I had a good view. We all had green bar connections too and no delayed hit markers when shooting enemies.

There were still a few runs wiped out due to that insta-kill bullshit, and they weren't on his enrage stand up either. Considering how the anti-cheese patch was specifically related to making sure Crota was "more responsive" to standing up, and considering how badly they bungled every previous boss cheese patch.... it just makes the most sense to me.

Of course lag is still a huge issue but I think that's more explicitly related to the runs when Crota kills the sword even though his shield was already gone. You see his shield gone, but Crota has already activated the sword swing and the required timing is so tight that you insta-die before the game has registered he should be kneeling.

Yeah, saw that now. But which patch was that? I looked at the last two updates and couldn't find anything related to this? And from what I remember, before the last reset he never stood up that quickly during enrage, or was my team just lucky? How are you even suppose to kill him if that happens? Someone else can run forward, sure, but a tactic that means certain death for a fire team member just seems wrong.

LordofPwn

I'd be curious to try out a double bubble strat but I automatically dislike any strat that has hard-lined requirements. Maybe I should watch that video but why do the Ogres have to melt quick? Isn't it still 3 swords to kill?
Too many times on 2nd and 3rd swords the sword bearer has been hiding in a corner by stairs or he doesn't stun.

Double bubble can be done with just 1 bubble but safer with 2. Ogres spawn after 1st sword using this strat. So you have to melt them to get sword bearer to spawn before Crota goes left, if you're too slow Crota will start to move mid after 1st down on left and will probably slam the team. Also if you try to finish him on left (sword 3) you'll have to face more ogres. Though we may have been going for sword 4 the time that happened to me. But with Double Bubble Trouble you're biggest threat are thralls if you're reckless, and if you get past sword 2 it's pretty much a done deal as long as people don't do something stupid to kill themselves.

In 30-40 minutes I had a group learn the strat, kill Crota, switch characters, change positions, and get another kill.

1 spot open for Weekly Strike, PSN is DrDrizzay101.

Going to glass, shooting primary (no aim down sight) seems to draw him into area in the middle below the glass. Great for sword 2 and 3.

Yeah definitely, good call. The only reason you wouldn't want that is if you were trying to kill him in 2 swords with 3 breaks/sword since it would take too long to get up there. 2 sword kills are mainly just for fun or if you really want to avoid Ogres, safe 3 sword kills are pretty easy and don't need everything to go quite so perfectly.

As a Hunter I like when the sword falls closer to Scrota just so my super invis won't run out, but I haven't tried dropping the sword then using BDancer invis again before grabbing the sword and hopping up... I'll have to try that next time.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Ugh. One of those nights where everything goes wrong. I wasn't on my A-game either. Tomorrow, Crota.

Holy crap the swordbearer is an annoying prick.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
Alright, it finally happened... I got a Thunderlord and a Red Death in a single Vault of Glass tonight, which means...

Gjallarhorn is the only exotic in the game I don't have. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

Too many times on 2nd and 3rd swords the sword bearer has been hiding in a corner by stairs or he doesn't stun..

Somebody must have been over by that side, he's leashed to the middle otherwise. Don't have to stun him necessarily, just kill quick with snipers and/or rockets. As a sword runner I use all my GHorns on the sword bearer and ogres so there's plenty to go around.

Also if you try to finish him on left (sword 3) you'll have to face more ogres. Though we may have been going for sword 4 the time that happened to me. But with Double Bubble Trouble you're biggest threat are thralls if you're reckless, and if you get past sword 2 it's pretty much a done deal as long as people don't do something stupid to kill themselves..

Hmm not sure about the exact timing of some of that stuff since I've never done the strat but Ogres after sword 3 is pretty common.

In 30-40 minutes I had a group learn the strat, kill Crota, switch characters, change positions, and get another kill.

I guess this is my main point: Raiding is just about understanding the encounter design, not memorizing steps 1-20 of strat XYZ. Any good team can kill Crota no problem using any reasonable strat. The only real issues are glitches, lag, and doing stupid things to kill themselves like you said. As far as I can tell, there are just as many stupid ways to die with either strat but one has class requirements and one doesn't so I'll generally prefer the later.

I know lots of people have troubles with Sword Bearer running around but I think he's a lot more manageable than that. I'll play around with a few ideas to think about consistently pulling him...

GlamFM

Banned
Anyone up for running norm crota or a hard VoG?

I also have a hard crota cp. but of the opinion of fu that guy at the minute!

Was trying to run some of my clan mates through it for their first time last night. We practised it on normal and executed perfectly. Switch to hard and all of a sudden the sword bearer is lagging out of the door and straight to the left. Crota decided to smash me with his sword as he took a knee, unable to drop the sword to do a blink strike.

It is ridiculous how lucky you have to be to get a clear glitch free run, never mind executing that clear run perfectly. Margin for error is ridiculous.

Btw, we beat him half an hour or so after you left :p

Ambitious

Regarding this new cheese: Couldn't a Sunsinger kill himself next to Crota's spawn location, have the other players start the encounter and then revive himself? Then there'd be no need trying to get out of the crystal room. And he would have Radiance to spam grenades.

Steroyd

Regarding this new cheese: Couldn't a Sunsinger kill himself next to Crota's spawn location, have the other players start the encounter and then revive himself? Then there'd be no need trying to get out of the crystal room. And he would have Radiance to spam grenades.

His boot up animation takes so long you'd probably run out before the point you're supposed to spam the nades. Plus I don't think you can even start up the crystal unless everyone is alive.

Edit: full now

His boot up animation takes so long you'd probably run out before the point you're supposed to spam the nades. Plus I don't think you can even start up the crystal unless everyone is alive.

Yeah that would be my guess also, pretty sure you can't start the encounter until you wipe if someone joins in since they spawn in dead.

Drdrizzay, I'm back. Let me when you want the checkpoint.

Awesome, thanks! Just join on you and load it up whenever, thanks!

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Fellow blink strike swordbros: any insight into why it works perfectly most of the time and then sometimes Crota just wrecks you when you're invisible?

Sometimes I think it's because I hit him as he's turning orange but there are many instances where that's fine and it goes well. I've tried every variation -staying behind him, not picking the sword up again right away, staying still...nothing is consistent it seems. :(

Anybody want to do full HM Crota? 2 open spots now.

Yeah that would be my guess also, pretty sure you can't start the encounter until you wipe if someone joins in since they spawn in dead.

Awesome, thanks! Just join on you and load it up whenever, thanks!

hmm sure, let me switch to my titan.

Top Bottom