• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

Steroyd

Fellow blink strike swordbros: any insight into why it works perfectly most of the time and then sometimes Crota just wrecks you?

Sometimes I think it's because I hit him as he's turning orange but there are many instances where that's fine and it goes well. I've tried every variation -staying behind him, not picking the sword up again right away, staying still...nothing is consistent it seems. :(

There is no logic to it at all, one time our swordbearer when invisible a full 2 seconds Before crota was supposed to stand up just to be extra careful and he still went ham on his ass.

GlamFM

Banned
Brilliant design!

jeLpEjv.jpg

Zakalwe

Banned
Level 31 Titan (sniff).

Anyone willing to let me join them on a HM Crota attempt?

If not I'd be up for A full NM run. I still need a lot of shards to hit 32...

Psn: astropoff

Fellow blink strike swordbros: any insight into why it works perfectly most of the time and then sometimes Crota just wrecks you when you're invisible?

Sometimes I think it's because I hit him as he's turning orange but there are many instances where that's fine and it goes well. I've tried every variation -staying behind him, not picking the sword up again right away, staying still...nothing is consistent it seems. :(

I need to go back through some videos to study the details but a few quick points:

-Attacking before his shield is down will definitely make his aggro on you. I try to pan the camera up so I can see his shield drop and time the first hit right when the kneeling animation activates.

-Sometimes you can get away with it because his shield will still break before he smacks you and/or he's kinda confused/still aggro'ed on your teammates.

-Picking up the sword is totally fine, doesn't affect it at all. I like to grab it again right away just to be ready and for the 3rd person view.

-Sometimes moving behind him helps ensure he stays a little confused but its not necessary. I only do this if my Blink Strike was a little late and I'm worried about lag issues making him aggro on me.

-Speaking of lag... if it's noticeable make sure to not push your combo too far and activate Blink strike early enough.

-Sometimes he just insta-kills you after a kneel. I'm becoming more convinced this is due to their "ethernet cable pulling" patch. Maybe it happens more often at Enrage but it can definitely happen other times too.

Omni

Beat Crota for the fourth time. Got the ship, Crux of Crota, a jellyhorn, another helmet and shards :eek:

I now have everything but the hand cannon

In addition, you can not get the special weapons or heavy weapons if you kill crota HM first. You will have to do normal mode then hard mode if you are interested in getting either the special weapons or heavy weapons.

Terrible design decision. Even worse than having Deathsinger only drop once.

Fellow blink strike swordbros: any insight into why it works perfectly most of the time and then sometimes Crota just wrecks you when you're invisible?

Blink strike on Crota was finicky but what I found worked was if I can get the first hit during the kneel (confirm with damage numbers) I could safely do another 2 hits then drop the sword and blink strike. That's the best scenario and gives the most time because dropping the sword as well as picking it up are greatly affected by lag. With that timing I could be sure I dropped the sword and at the very worst Crota would just be turning orange at the time, hit the melee and back away. He'll look at you but once the second rocket volley starts he'll turn away which is when I picked up the sword. You can probably pick it up immediately and I've done that but it's not like you can do anything with it. It shouldn't matter that he regained his shield when you hit him. If it doesn't glitch with instant rise he needs to get all the way up before he can do his melee. Getting caught by that can't be helped. Be careful not to melee twice because the second one will break invisibility.

Tbh though going back to the ledge is a lot simpler. Blink invis mode might be worth it for getting an extra hit if you missed a hit for whatever reason somewhere and need that second combo as fast as possible. The window for getting 3 hits is enormous if you're on the platform when he falls. No trickery needed.

Beat Crota for the fourth time. Got the ship, Crux of Crota, a jellyhorn, another helmet and shards :eek:

I now have everything but the hand cannon

Nice! I got the hand cannon earlier. Still looking for the sniper and scout. But Word of Crota doesn't seem as fun as the fatebringer that I got yesterday. We will see.

GlamFM

Banned
Nice! I got the hand cannon earlier. Still looking for the sniper and scout. But Word of Crota doesn't seem as fun as the fatebringer that I got yesterday. We will see.

I got 3 out of 4 Raid primaries and I think they all are really underwhelming compared to the VoG guns.

Currently a lvl 29 warlock, soon to be lvl 30, started on Titan.

After the massive initial disappointment (story and lvl 1-20 grind), this game really grew on me. If put the shockingly weak story aside (considering the potential), the gameplay is sublime. As well as the co-op nature of the game and opportunity to hang out and do "cool stuff" with people.
Reading all these threads (DestinyGAF is amazing) and experiencing the raid (VoG) for the first time last weekend was truly something. \o/

nOoblet16

What's up Guardian bros !

My first post in this thread. I have a Crota hard checkpoint from the Deathsinger part, so if anyone wants to team up from there then let me know. My group's too inexperienced to finish this, and so am I. Level 31 Hunter here and I've never done this part in Hard. :p

I need to Grind my exo warlock up to level 20 before Xur lands. All in the hopes of a Praxxic fire upgrade so I can stay Sunsinger. What are we hoping for in Xur's inventory, Gjallerhorn and heavy synths excluded of course.

Currently a lvl 29 warlock, soon to be lvl 30, started on Titan.

After the massive initial disappointment (story and lvl 1-20 grind), this game really grew on me. If put the shockingly weak story aside (considering the potential), the gameplay is sublime. As well as the co-op nature of the game and opportunity to hang out and do "cool stuff" with people.
Reading all these threads (DestinyGAF is amazing) and experiencing the raid (VoG) for the first time last weekend was truly something. \o/

What's up Guardian bros !

My first post in this thread. I have a Crota hard checkpoint from the Deathsinger part, so if anyone wants to team up from there then let me know. My group's too inexperienced to finish this, and so am I. Level 31 Hunter here and I've never done this part in Hard. :p
Just wanted to say welcome :) I am official on a "break" :p

WHAT?! Everything is working as intended!
expect for player using "tactics" such as moving under the crystal room

Atkison04

Terrible day of Destiny.
Couldn't get Normal Crota down in the 35 minutes I gave it this morning.
Got off work too late to join any groups in time. Someone asked me to help a hard mode group an hour+ ago and sword bearer died before ogres 9/10 times. The 1 time we got ogres someone died when the ogre came out.

The good news is I still can down Crota normal first for a chance at Hunger, tomorrow.

I agree man. Bad night for us last night too. Tried for 2 hours and only made it past the ogres once. Got crota to enrage and then we wiped from glitches on the last hit. So draining. It's crazy how this affects my mood man! I woke up this morning for work still feeling deflated from that shit :/

Blink strike on Crota was finicky but what I found worked was if I can get the first hit during the kneel (confirm with damage numbers) I could safely do another 2 hits then drop the sword and blink strike. That's the best scenario and gives the most time because dropping the sword as well as picking it up are greatly affected by lag. With that timing I could be sure I dropped the sword and at the very worst Crota would just be turning orange at the time, hit the melee and back away. He'll look at you but once the second rocket volley starts he'll turn away which is when I picked up the sword. You can probably pick it up immediately and I've done that but it's not like you can do anything with it. It shouldn't matter that he regained his shield when you hit him. If it doesn't glitch with instant rise he needs to get all the way up before he can do his melee. Getting caught by that can't be helped. Be careful not to melee twice because the second one will break invisibility.

Tbh though going back to the ledge is a lot simpler. Blink invis mode might be worth it for getting an extra hit if you missed a hit for whatever reason somewhere and need that second combo as fast as possible. The window for getting 3 hits is enormous if you're on the platform when he falls. No trickery needed.

Thanks for kicking ass last night. you were great with the sword last night.

R0ckman

Terrible day of Destiny.
Couldn't get Normal Crota down in the 35 minutes I gave it this morning.
Got off work too late to join any groups in time. Someone asked me to help a hard mode group an hour+ ago and sword bearer died before ogres 9/10 times. The 1 time we got ogres someone died when the ogre came out.

The good news is I still can down Crota normal first for a chance at Hunger, tomorrow.

Thought I was the only one, feel a bit better. The times that group ups happen Are so weird, its either early during the day while I work or way late when I'm sleeping.

Has anyone tried the combo of R1 R1 R2, R1 R1 R2, and finish with R2? Apparently it takes only slightly more time than 3 R2s, but each run takes away more than 50% of health so you finish him off before ogres show up. The supposed reason for extra damage is that the R2 after two R1s is an uppercut instead of a slam which has same damage but far less recovery frames, so you get 4 R1s practically free with 3 R2s in same time frame. Gonna try a practice and see how it goes.

raindoc

I got 3 out of 4 Raid primaries and I think they all are really underwhelming compared to the VoG guns.

I disagree. Abyss Defiant is a much better Autorifle than Atheon's Epilogue, even without the Wizard-perk. Oversoul Edict is the first Pulserifle in the entire game that made it as a regular into my primary slot.
I'm torn between Fang and VoC - Fang actually feels better to me, but VoC has full auto mode (yet it feels wrong to have that as the reason to crown the best Scoutrifle).

Of course, a 331 Attack Fatebringer would destroy all of the above listed weapons.

Bungie should introduce Raid-themed timed events. Add modifiers and hand out a fixed set of raid gear (weapons and reforgeable armor) for all players that complete the encounters.
For example: Vog 32, Heroic, Lightswitch, Arc Burn - Portal (1st chest): 331 Corrective Measure, Oracles: 36 Light Raid Gauntlets, Templar: 331 Fatebringer, Atheon: 36 Light Raid Helmet (Flawless: 339 Vex Mythoclast).

Thanks for kicking ass last night. you were great with the sword last night.

Thanks man. I have a helmet with health on orb pick up now so it should be much easier next time. Thanks also for seeing me though my training wheel phase. I feel like I had a pretty good idea after about half an hour really but Crota didn't care lol

GlamFM

Banned
I disagree. Abyss Defiant is a much better Autorifle than Atheon's Epilogue, even without the Wizard-perk. Oversoul Edict is the first Pulserifle in the entire game that made it as a regular into my primary slot.
I'm torn between Fang and VoC - Fang actually feels better to me, but VoC has full auto mode (yet it feels wrong to have that as the reason to crown the best Scoutrifle).

Of course, a 331 Attack Fatebringer would destroy all of the above listed weapons.

Bungie should introduce Raid-themed timed events. Add modifiers and hand out a fixed set of raid gear (weapons and reforgeable armor) for all players that complete the encounters.
For example: Vog 32, Heroic, Lightswitch, Arc Burn - Portal (1st chest): 331 Corrective Measure, Oracles: 36 Light Raid Gauntlets, Templar: 331 Fatebringer, Atheon: 36 Light Raid Helmet (Flawless: 339 Vex Mythoclast).

Abyss Defiant is the one I don´t have. I´ve heard great things about it

noomi

Happens to me all the time, it's lag. If you will be carrying the sword make sure you start that crota cp alone and then have others join on you. This way you are guaranteed to be the host.... and not have lag.

Crucial!

E92 M3

Amazing design decision. Nobody wants to get normal loot in hard. I would have loved to see the reactions if some of you got swordbreaker for killing him on hard. On Deathsinger I agree.

Deku Tree

I hate it when Bungie patches cheese and the patch causes bugs that make raid bosses glitchy and much harder and less fun for players who never cheesed the encounter anyway.

Omni

Awesome! And oh that's disappointing to hear actually. The hand cannon is the one I've been looking forward to most :3

Necro really isn't doing anything for me. Impact is far too low. It's currently my trophy weapon until more people start getting it and then I'll probably never use it again unless buffed drastically.

4th time?

Also gratz!
Yaaar. Technically the second time on the one character? I don't know how the drops work. But I did it a few times last week as well.

Thanks!

Good crota run guys! Some very close calls. Closest for me was when I was solo across the bridge and was knocked off the ledge by a thrall. Thank god for double jump saves!!!

Even crota was taken down relatively easy! Good a sword running, dps on ogres and sword bearers and thankfully minimal laggy glitches!!

Crota trolled me big style. My second word of crota and no land beyond!

Deku Tree

Amazing design decision. Nobody wants to get normal loot in hard. I would have loved to see the reactions if some of you got swordbreaker for killing him on hard. On Deathsinger I agree.

A better design decision would have been to give you a roll for weapons. If you get the weapons roll on crota then you get both a HM weapon and a NM weapon if you haven't already done normal. But no that probably would have been way too generous... Not stingy enough... Bungie says Do normal and then try to get past the hard glitches and lag errors if you still want a normal weapon!

noomi

Man... just realized how many radiant energies I must have gone through. I have collected all the crota weapons, and upgraded all but two.... By next week I should be finished with them all. Then what... chase those last few exotics and whatever special loot (ship, sparrow) from crota that's left. :/

Fully Upgraded:
Black Hammer
Light of the Abyss
Swordbreaker
Song of Ir Yut
Hunger of Crota
Word of Crota
Fang of Ir Yut
Necrochasm

In Progress:
Abyss Defiant
Oversoul Edict

bitsurugi

Man... just realized how many radiant energies I must have gone through. I have collected all the crota weapons, and upgraded all but two.... By next week I should be finished with them all. Then what... chase those last few exotics and whatever special loot (ship, sparrow) from crota that's left. :/

Fully Upgraded:
Black Hammer
Light of the Abyss
Swordbreaker
Song of Ir Yut
Hunger of Crota
Word of Crota
Fang of Ir Yut
Necrochasm

In Progress:
Abyss Defiant
Oversoul Edict

Lucky you, today i will use bounties to level up my last gun that still needs exp to max out (the super bad pulse from the raid).

After that i got ALL maxed out, all exotics (xcept Thunderlod, which eludes me), all raid legendaries (VoG, CE), IB weapons and vanguard/cruc weapons.

What to do after that i wonder? Random pvp shannanigans and sherpa-ing ppl thru CE HM i guess... and hope that HoW comes sooner rather then later (10th March i guess...).

Revenge of the red bar! Glad to finally get a Crota kill with you Ruthless, and GG to Agent, Rawr, GR-X and the aptly named n00blet. :)

I hate it when Bungie patches cheese and the patch causes bugs that make raid bosses glitchy and much harder and less fun for players who never cheesed the encounter anyway.

Yep. Really aggravating especially when the cheeses may not have been obvious in play testing, but those problems definitely should have been. Seriously, nobody knew you needed a wipe in Atheon's room for that patch to load correctly? It's possible they knew about the glitches and posted the patch anyway just to stop the cheese asap but that's still a bad move.

The type of players who only want to cheese don't care enough about the game either way. As designers, they shouldn't play down to the "lowest common denominator" but rather make the content as compelling as possible and accept human nature for what it is.

Probably only relevant to me, but I really wish they'd remove the kill zone/relic despawn patch from Templar. Are people desperate to use an old cheese Templar to get 300 max weapons? All it does now is make the fight less fun because going even a foot outside the arena makes the relic disappear, when I'm just trying to go kill an oracle or something.

Good crota run guys! Some very close calls. Closest for me was when I was solo across the bridge and was knocked off the ledge by a thrall. Thank god for double jump saves!!!

Even crota was taken down relatively easy! Good a sword running, dps on ogres and sword bearers and thankfully minimal laggy glitches!! !

haha It was taking so long for me to solo snipe all the adds and ogres you had a few close calls and clutch escapes.

Sadly I was the laggiest bastard against Crota which is never great for sword running but it wasn't terrible. Outside of 1 or 2 false start runs getting nooblet up to speed etc, it only took many 2-3 real attempts to finish it. GG everyone.

Man I'm losing faith that I'll even be able to beat Crota HM again. We had a good group last night with a good strategy and we were done in by glitch after glitch and lag and don't even get me started on the retarded stuff the swordbearer was doing. Most of our wipes were because of him. More than once he ran into the Ogre rooms... :|

I'm going to give it one more go tonight and if we don't finish it I'm just going to move on. I have all the raid weapons I want besides the fang, but it's not worth all this frustration. I've got a ton of weapons I need to focus on leveling anyways.

noomi

Lucky you, today i will use bounties to level up my last gun that still needs exp to max out (the super bad pulse from the raid).

After that i got ALL maxed out, all exotics (xcept Thunderlod, which eludes me), all raid legendaries (VoG, CE), IB weapons and vanguard/cruc weapons.

What to do after that i wonder? Random pvp shannanigans and sherpa-ing ppl thru CE HM i guess... and hope that HoW comes sooner rather then later (10th March i guess...).

Damn... if you have all the raid weapons and exotics then your vault/transferring gear must be a nightmare.

Even crota was taken down relatively easy! Good a sword running, dps on ogres and sword bearers and thankfully minimal laggy glitches!!

Crota trolled me big style. My second word of crota and no land beyond!

Another hard crota down, got word of crota.

Thanks drizzay, irawr & graverobber

Revenge of the red bar! Glad to finally get a Crota kill with you Ruthless, and GG to Agent, Rawr, GR-X and the aptly named n00blet. :)
Yep great Crota HM run. Barely use heavy ammo packs. Glad to help you get that Crota HM kill DeathJr :) Crota is def behaving himself during that run. Plus my back hurts so much from carrying you guys tho the pits section :p

Sherpa Gaffer is what I do now and playing with #TeamEpicSax, #TeamTryHard, Random Gaffers and my RL scrubbie friends. Which out DestinyGaf and my RL friends, I wouldnt be playing still, Well even now I decreasing my gametime alot...Everything else is meh at this point..
I owe someone a Crota kill still..

Damn... if you have all the raid weapons and exotics then your vault/transferring gear must be a nightmare.
haha dont even want to know my pain..since I am extremely OCD about having all my weapons even tho I only use a few mainly..always have to transfer every single thing..

Namikaze1

Well, Bungie, you're gonna have to do something to keep hold of me cause once Capcom announces a western release for Dragon's Dogma Online, I'm leaving Destiny.

Top Bottom