• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

noomi

haha dont even want to know my pain..since I am extremely OCD about having all my weapons even tho I only use a few mainly..always have to transfer every single thing..

Yeah, I definitely get it lol. I'm very OCD about these things as well, I get anxiety just looking at my vault. I don't like keeping more than 4 weapons per weapon type on my character either cause... it's just looks good and it's an even number too..... yeah... I'm pretty fucking weird I guess :|

bosseye

Got the midi tool yesterday, how is it? (I think I now have every exotic weapon in the game now, need vault space!)

I love mine, really good exotic. Its one that I'm focusing on upgrading, along with Hard Light and Bad Juju

Really want to do Crota on HM, I really want Glowhoo. Sad that I'm more interesting in shaders than weapons! I've tried from the Crota checkpoint a couple of times (I mostly hang back and snipe boomers/wizards etc) but it just seems so glitchy, our sword bearer was dying constantly, occasionally just for picking up the sword, bang, dead.

Feel free to send me a FR anytime guys, PSN is BarryFishFinger.

noomi

Just maxed out Thunderlord this morning, is this the best perk/setup to use? I find that without the stability perk I miss way too many bullets.

fF6vK3x.jpg

Ridwald

Well, Bungie, you're gonna have to do something to keep hold of me cause once Capcom announces a western release for Dragon's Dogma Online, I'm leaving Destiny.

Weekly update from Bungie after reading this : "We're upping the level of Crota's End Hard mode from 33 to 34, good luck guardians !"

noomi

Grats - I find that gun to be unusable without stability

Use Field Scout then switch to the Stability perk.

Hah! I actually did that this morning, while just testing all the perks. Was very surprised that the gun still held 60 bullets in the mag after switching :eek: I guess I'll keep doing that, just going to be a bit annoying to remember to do on the fly.

It's a beast weapon, now my 2nd favorite heavy weapon next to the yolohorn.

secretly one of the best Exotics. The perks are great for anyone who likes speed and agility.

Yeah... kicking myself in the ass for not buying it when Xur sold it. I told myself.... seems like a really "meh" weapon.... and I don't have enough room in the vault for something that's just "meh".... I was wrong, and will definitely buy it if it ever goes on sale again.

E92 M3

715 hours in this game. By far my most played game. This is kinda crazy what the hell. I need to start playing other games.

Soon as I get the necrochasm and Hunter helmet I might take it easy. 3 Nightfalls a week and maybe some raiding for shots at my very few missing exotics. I would of course come back strong with HoW.

All my gear is maxed and so are the weapons mostly. So I don't really do bounties anymore except right now for the new raid primaries.

Nah.

Yes, this game has consumed me! I don't play anything else at all.

A better design decision would have been to give you a roll for weapons. If you get the weapons roll on crota then you get both a HM weapon and a NM weapon if you haven't already done normal. But no that probably would have been way too generous... Not stingy enough... Bungie says Do normal and then try to get past the hard glitches and lag errors if you still want a normal weapon!

That would have been a viable strategy.

Just maxed out Thunderlord this morning, is this the best perk/setup to use? I find that without the stability perk I miss way too many bullets.

fF6vK3x.jpg

I use Field Scout on it and it works perfect. Don't even notice the stability change.

bosseye

Stability perks for me, for everything. Because I'm a horrible shot. Should have seen me with unleveled Atheons Epilogue, lots of noise, BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRTTTTTTT and waving around but very few bullets hitting their target. Sounded like I was helping though.

Almost unlocked the stability perk for Hard Light which will help me love it even more.

Crota Lag.

Got my Hunter to 32 last night and quickly posted on LFG as a "Master Swordsman" even though I hadn't beat him with the sword one time, but I was confident.

The first group I was with we beat it in about a half hour.

The second group I was with, I could not get my fat ass out of there. I could barely get the 3 hits in and die on the way out almost every time. It took us about two hours to beat him.

I stayed with that group as they swapped characters. At this point I was just doing it for fun (and possibly Crux farm, if its possible.) My friend hopped in for the second run.

After dying by Crota a few times, on the last time I angrily screamed, "What the fuck!!, I starting swinging him as he was kneeling!!!"

My friend quickly said, "Um, on my screen he was already kneeling when you started swinging."

Wait, what. I immediately left and started the raid by myself then invited everyone from the party to ensure I was host. And holy shit what a difference. I could have took a nap up there with Crota and have enough time before getting the hell out of there. We beat him on the second try.

Anyways, me and Crota are boys. After about 3 weeks of normal mode I had every secondary and heavy weapon and every armor piece for all 3 characters. After 3 hard mode runs I had every primary, except the crux.

But I'm really enjoying helping LFG people out as sword man. Its a lot of fun.

E92 M3

I don't want them nerfing hard mode if people complain. With no cheese, hard is actually the hardest thing in the game right now. Still feels mildly satisfying killing Crota.

Use Field Scout then switch to the Stability perk.

Wow, that's actually an awesome idea for PvP. Thanks!

Damn, rawr jacking my ideas without citing sources! What are they teaching you in grad school anyway.

We need a competent sword runner.

I would help but my sword is already booked for that time, lol. If we bust it out quick and you're looking for someone after that I can probably hop in...

I don't want them nerfing hard mode if people complain. With no cheese, hard is actually the hardest thing in the game right now. Still feels mildly satisfying killing Crota.

"Hard" and "interesting" are not necessarily the same thing. With no lag or glitches HM Crota isn't difficult. The only satisfaction I get is knowing I helped friends/DGAF.

Edit: That said I don't want/care about any nerfing. The encounter design is the problem, can't fix that with nerfing.

Midas

Wait, what. I immediately left and started the raid by myself then invited everyone from the party to ensure I was host. And holy shit what a difference. I could have took a nap up there with Crota and have enough time before getting the hell out of there. We beat him on the second try.

Will have to try this tonight and see if it help with our problems.

fF6vK3x.jpg

One of the best things about Thunderlord, is you can easily fire it in semi-auto, and each shot packs a punch. Even if there was an arc Gjallarhorn, I would still use Thunderlord on every arc burn nightfall. It is so fun being able to head shot tons of mobs in with semi-auto shots and then just lay on the full auto insan-fire when you have a ultra/major. It chews through fallen. Going to be a huge asset in HoW I wager.

Edit: Has anyone tried Thunderlord on Crota's shields? I wonder how it would fare.

bosseye

Still feels mildly satisfying killing Crota.

One of the guys I've played with a few times, only beaten Crota on normal and he sounds like he's having a heart attack with concurrent orgasm everytime, OH GOD! BLACKHAMMER, I GOT BLAAACCCCKKKKKHAMMMER, GASP GASP GASP, WHEEZE, OH LORD, HOLY BALLS BLACKHAMMER GASP GASP HEAVY BREATHING.

Dread to think what he'd be like on HM.

Raybunny

One of the guys I've played with a few times, only beaten Crota on normal and he sounds like he's having a heart attack with concurrent orgasm everytime, OH GOD! BLACKHAMMER, I GOT BLAAACCCCKKKKKHAMMMER, GASP GASP GASP, WHEEZE, OH LORD, HOLY BALLS BLACKHAMMER GASP GASP HEAVY BREATHING.

Will be: REALLLY??? ONLY SHARDS????

Atkison04

I would help but my sword is already booked for that time, lol. If we bust it out quick and you're looking for someone after that I can probably hop in....

I would greatly appreciate that if it works out man. I'll friend request you when I get off work this evening. My "coach" Phaethon has spoken highly of you, and of course all the posts on gaf crediting your sword skills.

Deku Tree

Has anyone succeeded at duplicating the Crota cheese? Does it require some networking exploit? Why didn't the video maker provide an explanation?

E92 M3

Damn, rawr jacking my ideas without citing sources! What are they teaching you in grad school anyway.

I would help but my sword is already booked for that time, lol. If we bust it out quick and you're looking for someone after that I can probably hop in...

"Hard" and "interesting" are not necessarily the same thing. With no lag or glitches HM Crota isn't difficult. The only satisfaction I get is knowing I helped friends/DGAF.

Edit: That said I don't want/care about any nerfing. The encounter design is the problem, can't fix that with nerfing.

The glitches are the biggest problem, besides that I appreciate the precision required. It can get frustrating sometimes, but that's the nature of the beast.

That was me when I got the Black Hammer last month lol. LOVE that weapon.

Hmm. I should really start saving all the legendary engrams I find for House of Wolves.

Engrams don't get upgraded with DLC or major updates.

Closest for me was when I was solo across the bridge and was knocked off the ledge by a thrall. Thank god for double jump saves!!! !

I got your back Guardian.

m6BaOJ.gif

"Hey guys, I'm gonna solo left side" -Rawr

ml0ZnO.gif

Also, I learned something new: your GH didn't kill the Shrieker because you died which made the purple part disappear and not take damage from the Wolfpack rounds.

I would greatly appreciate that if it works out man. I'll friend request you when I get off work this evening. My "coach" Phaethon has spoken highly of you, and of course all the posts on gaf crediting your sword skills.

lol good news, Phaethon was my scheduling agent so I'm assuming it's the same group!

Let's do this. ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

I got your back Guardian.

m6BaOJ.gif

"Hey guys, I'm gonna solo left side" -Rawr

ml0ZnO.gif

Also, I learned something new: your GH didn't kill the Shrieker because you died which made the purple part disappear and not take damage from the Wolfpack rounds.
*sigh I always get the strangest death. Crota chasing me to the bottom and into the crystal room, boomers shooting me through the floors in the bottom right tower, shrieker after blast killing me before reaching the chest..2 knights smacking me in the back..I wonder whats next. Doesnt seem like my wolfpack rounds even went off. Looks like they disappear once I was KIA

Atkison04

lol good news, Phaethon was my scheduling agent so I'm assuming it's the same group!

Let's do this. ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

After we quit trying last night, he said that he would find us a sword guy for tonight because he probably wouldn't help lol. Do you know who else is suppose to be in the group? I'm the friggin clan secretary and I don't know who's coming!

*Would be awesome if this is the same thing!

bosseye

NF :)

Let's all keep in mind that I just used up all of my luck for 2015

Jammy bugger ;)

I don't recall ever getting anything worthwhile from a Nightfall. I guess I must have done. I got a rubbish legendary shotgun this week, wowsa, to go with all my other rubbish legendary shotguns that I never use.

Man I want Hawkmoon.

Top Bottom