• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

Bizazedo

Wait, what. I immediately left and started the raid by myself then invited everyone from the party to ensure I was host. And holy shit what a difference. I could have took a nap up there with Crota and have enough time before getting the hell out of there. We beat him on the second try.
Yeah, we were going to do that last night and then our swordbearer was like "I'm in Finland."

Okay, nevermind then! Still got him dead, though. The real lesson in all this, though? Fuck there being no dedicated servers.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
What's up Guardian bros !

My first post in this thread. I have a Crota hard checkpoint from the Deathsinger part, so if anyone wants to team up from there then let me know. My group's too inexperienced to finish this, and so am I. Level 31 Hunter here and I've never done this part in Hard. :p
Hey Praveer, nice to see you here. Let's powerlevel your alt to 20 :) It's better if you have 3 chars to get more chances at NF and Weekly.

dB Viper

Welp, I finally did it. I deleted my Warlock alt to make a Titan.... have armor I've saved up from legendary/Xur engrams etc in case this day ever came.

32 Warlock
32 Hunter
9 Titan (lol)

Let the boring story grind begin.. if anyone has alt's on XB1 they want to level through, just let me know. All my friends have pretty much moved on from Destiny.

Namikaze1

CE HM was already tough but the glitches/lag destroyed all the groups I played with on Tuesday. Haven't had such a soul crushing session since the original Atheon glitches.
Bungie to everyone:
3d2412f0f90b36541df018872d6d6d5d8a51fb4a7df79d43068951f01b265444.jpg

Thought I was the only one, feel a bit better. The times that group ups happen Are so weird, its either early during the day while I work or way late when I'm sleeping.
I hear ya! Let me know via PSN if you want to try and get a group going or try to get our group back in CE.

matmanx1

Destiny amuses me often. After grinding pretty hard for Rank 5 IB and then grinding money to buy armor and two weapons (including the Timur's Lash) I got a little burnt out and decided I needed to take a few days or a week off. So I did.

I came back Tuesday night for the Nightfall with my regular group of buddies and while it was fun I'm still not where I'm wanting to play every day anymore. I just have other things that I want to be spending my time on.

So what reward do you think I got from the Nightfall Tuesday night now that I have decided not to play as much? Hawkmoon! Yes, that's right. The one single primary weapon that I have wanted to drop the entire time I have been playing Destiny and the top item on my "most wanted" list of exotics.

I'm not quitting Destiny so I will eventually level it up but at this rate it is going to take awhile and honestly I'm not even all that concerned about it. I just know that when I log in next time that gorgeous gun will still be strapped to my character's back and ready to cause some havoc.

All I know is that Xur better be bringing Heavy Ammo Synths.... we all need them after the last 2 weeks, badly... very badly.

I was also thinking that, but then playing with Cosmos and Kadey at reset, I was able to go through the whole CE HM (and 2 Crota kills) spending just 2 Heavy Ammo synths.

It felt great.

Homeboyd

So Bungie can see PSN ID and GT in these cheese videos. I wonder if those players get the ban hammer?
They can also tell if you used network manipulation to complete crota runs before this cheese using the old method (ie the disconnect/quit game and crota kept kneeling). Though I don't believe anyone was banned for this, I have to believe at some point they will start.

Nuszka

I was also thinking that, but then playing with Cosmos and Kadey at reset, I was able to go through the whole CE HM (and 2 Crota kills) spending just 2 Heavy Ammo synths.

It felt great.

Know what you mean, last saturday it took us about 10 minutes to get Crota down on hard, but this tuesday with included lag it did not happen after an hour. At least we know now that the sword master has to be party leader and everyone needs to join him while he is alredy in raid. You learn something new every day.

Just been thinking about the loot I've got this week. It is definitely all about perspective. From my perspective it has been disappointing but in reality it has been my best week yet.

4 exotics! 3 of which I already own and one for a class I don't run (yet).

if they simply made an enclosed large room then it wouldn't be a problem. I was actually hoping for something like that from the CE trailer and teaser images. But nope.

For some reason I feel like there would be a hole in the floor somewhere that people could glitch a boss into.

Homeboyd

What is this heavy ammo glitch? Thanks
- Empty your primary and heavy weapon ammo
- Equip Ice Breaker
- Kill all the things with Ice Breaker
- Watch a billion heavy ammo packs fall to the ground

Protip: If your heavy is a corrective measure (or any gun with the "find more ammo for this gun" upgrade), those heavy ammo packs that drop will hold 4+ rockets in each.

Two Nightfalls yesterday... First one gave me the Universal Remote (aka free Exotic Shard) and second one gave me 9 Ass Energies.

I'm hoping my Hunter has better luck today (c'mon Gjallahorn!).

- Equip Ice Breaker

Protip: If your heavy is a corrective measure (or any gun with the "find more ammo for this gun" upgrade), those heavy ammo packs that drop will hold 4+ rockets in each.

Also, remember to empty primary ammo AFTER the glass goes up.

Know what you mean, last saturday it took us about 10 minutes to get Crota down on hard, but this tuesday with included lag it did not happen after an hour. At least we know now that the sword master has to be party leader and everyone needs to join him while he is alredy in raid. You learn something new every day.
What is this? So, the designated sword bearer has to already be in Crota's End and then invite everyone else into the instance?

Man, what a Charlie Foxtrot HM CE has been, in regards to bugs.

Two Nightfalls yesterday... First one gave me the Universal Remote (aka free Exotic Shard) and second one gave me 9 Ass Energies.

I'm hoping my Hunter has better luck today (c'mon Gjallahorn!).

wish for something else if you want a gjallahorn. it never comes when you ask for it or hope it drops. it only drops when you dont expect it.

thats why when you get one and feel content youll get another and then another.....

my first came from someone giving out gorgan CP, went in thier real quick to grab it, not expecting anything and there it was. always thuoght I would scream for joy instead it was just shock.

"oh, oh, there it is, i got it?"

Also, remember to empty primary ammo AFTER the glass goes up.

- Equip Ice Breaker

I still can't get this glitch to work without my gun refilling as soon as I hit 0.

Homeboyd

I still can't get this glitch to work without my gun refilling as soon as I hit 0.
Don't hit 0. Leave a few rounds in your primary clip (I actually leave at least 1 round in reserve as well), go ahead and empty your heavy, then when the barriers drop, THEN empty your primary, equip your ice breaker and go to town.

Works like a charm for me.

Protip #2: bring a universal remote or NLB for your primary

So is anyone going to be online tonight to cheese the fuck outta Crota?

Its been more or less confirmed the video was done on a hacked xbox 360 and is exploiting either massive lag (fireteam leader DCs when crota spawns to cause the back wall to despawn for 30 seconds) or actual code hacks to despawn the back wall.

Either way, I doubt you'll see a lot of replication of it, I don't think a single other person has done it yet other than the guy who posted that video. Someone googled his xbox name and the top results were all call of duty lag hacks.

Top Bottom