• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

Lee

Serious question, aside from the heavy weapons ammo glitch, do we have any idea what they're working on? Have they committed, hell, even mentioned anything?

Are we ever going to get class balance changes for instance?

Class balance is an issue?

Everybody hated Queens Wrath though. Although I guess it would be cool to get more good weapons, and it would be nice to have a PvE way to get some 36 light armor that uses ascendant shards.

Yeah the event itself wasn't fun but they have had 4 months to develop something new.

Yeah I'm saying make sure your reserve isn't empty while you're waiting or it'll refill even if your mag isn't empty.

I always do have a bit. I need to practice.

EL CUCO

Good stuff Deku, Knight patrol it is. On the upside my sniping skills have improved significantly lol.

rambo-sniper-o.gif
More like...
1331055494_sniper_rifle_recoil.gif
:p

Navy Bean

I honestly don't know what glitches people are freaking out about. I have 6 hard mode clears, and while there are times the sword disappears or crota stands up unexpectedly, most of the time it works fine and we get him down.
That's been my experience too. A few glitches but nothing terrible (except on one occasion). Helps that Xbox DGAF has some excellent sword runners...

I'd never quit over something like HM crota glitches. If a part of the game is too glitched for me to play, then I just wouldn't do it until it's fixed. I really don't understand the HM glitch rage that we saw.

I honestly don't know what glitches people are freaking out about. I have 6 hard mode clears, and while there are times the sword disappears or crota stands up unexpectedly, most of the time it works fine and we get him down.

Sometimes different people have different experiences with the same thing. Crazy!

There's a lot more to the issues than just "glitches."

R0ckman

I'd never quit over something like HM crota glitches. If a part of the game is too glitched for me to play, then I just wouldn't do it until it's fixed. I really don't understand the HM glitch rage that we saw.

It's perfectly understandable, Bungie will fix cheeses before actual bugs, but leave us to struggle trying to do it the legit way with wipe causing bugs that happen commonly, continuing to play the game for hours on end despite this is telling them that it's okay that they are handling the game this way, the VoG has not been fixed and now the bugs are even worse and more rapid than before. They will not be fixing these bugs from what I've seen, they rarely mention them.

LiK

you didn't see what i saw. glitches in every session on Tuesday. it was impossible to complete with one of my characters. i completed HM fine last week and completed it twice this week but it was awful.

Sometimes different people have different experiences with the same thing. Crazy!

not just glitches but the lag can destroy the timing with Crota.

R0ckman

It's all vague sweeping statements by Deej. Things of the sort where he states he is aware of things and we'll see improvements, but that's it. It really is depressing to think about how Bungie goes to great lengths to update us weekly, but those updates aren't worth a damn.

Kind of like it's in his contract to say those things even though they won't get done. "We hear ya!" "We're always listening!" "We're addressing concerns! (What concerns, we won't specify)"

Raybunny

Alright, starting my normal mode runs in 10minutes.

PSN NM Crota's End full raid:

1. Raybunzy Titan / Hunter 32
2. Rasstuppen All classes 31

LTWood12

I experienced a good bit of lag in the encounter last night for the first time. With me all of a sudden I had terrible input lag. It came and went for a couple of wipes, then I asked if we could go to orbit and restart in a fresh instance. Never had a problem again.

Tawpgun

Does anyone know if the Crota weapons, specifically primaries, can reroll some of their talents? Or will they always have the same ones?

Homeboyd

We're probably at 8-9 clears so far, and I've had the opposite experience from you. By far we have more runs end due to glitches/lag than anything else. Crota not going down, jumping up and warping across the stage to smash someone, swords disappearing.. you name it.

LiK

I experienced a good bit of lag in the encounter last night for the first time. With me all of a sudden I had terrible input lag. It came and went for a couple of wipes, then I asked if we could go to orbit and restart in a fresh instance. Never had a problem again.

We tried the orbit/change team leader method a few times on Tuesday and it didn't help. I think I need to test if playing with everyone from the States alone will fix this.

The glitches/lag were pretty bad and we had a few guys from different regions like UK etc. that might've been a problem.

boofa

Neo Member
Really hoping my raid team can work out a couple of CE HM clears this weekend. All I need is the scout to have every HM weapon (don't care about Crux/Necro right now). Still missing the HMG as well, but not really concerned about that since I have oversoul for knight shields and better arc HMGs.

NF wasn't very good to me this week. Got a garbage solar RL, 7 ass energy and an arc Prestige hmg. At least I got another Abyss Defiant. Really digging that AR.

E92 M3

Does anyone know if the Crota weapons, specifically primaries, can reroll some of their talents? Or will they always have the same ones?

No, the weapons are always the same.

We're probably at 8-9 clears so far, and I've had the opposite experience from you. By far we have more runs end due to glitches/lag than anything else. Crota not going down, jumping up and warping across the stage to smash someone, swords disappearing.. you name it.

Indeed, if it wasn't for the glitches we'd save so much time.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

And... I said... that I don't know what glitches people are talking about because I didn't experience them. Did I say that the game has no glitches because I didn't experience them? Reading what people actually wrote... what a crazy concept! :p

Anyway, I don't think that there are many glitches in HM Crota because I didn't experience very many.

We tried the orbit/change team leader method a few times on Tuesday and it didn't help. I think I need to test if playing with everyone from the States alone will fix this.

The glitches/lag were pretty bad and we had a few guys from different regions like UK etc. that might've been a problem.

I dunno if different regions causes an issue. I'm UK and I've been in a raid before with a few other Europeans and a couple of Americans and killing Crota was silky smooth.

Then I've been in some with just Brits (mates who live within 20 miles of each other) and it's a glitch fest.

It just seems completely random. In my experience the glitches start off minor and infrequent and then get worse the longer you keep trying.

After 3-4 attempts if you ain't getting past the ogre stage it's worth going back to orbit and loading back in.

LiK

I dunno if different regions causes an issue. I'm UK and I've been in a raid before with a few other Europeans and a couple of Americans and killing Crota was silky smooth.

Then I've been in some with just Brits (mates who live within 20 miles of each other) and it's a glitch fest.

It just seems completely random. In my experience the glitches start off minor and infrequent and then get worse the longer you keep trying.

After 3-4 attempts if you ain't getting past the ogre stage it's worth going back to orbit and loading back in.

I'm gonna volunteer to host the games next time. Never really had any issues with disconnections or lag when I hosted a few times. Maybe people in my groups have really shitty internet.

PuMa

Yes it has not come back because it got majorly criticized and the whole internet Destiny community basically couldn't stop talking non-stop about how awful it was...

Oh ok. I thought they canned it because they botched the gear to the point where people were able to farm the hell out of ass mats. I know they ended up fixing that, but it was near the end.

The moment I hit 0, no matter when, I get full primary and 2 rockets. Will try Lik's suggestion.

I've had some issues at the start as well. Be sure to use hand cannons as you can drop ammo the fastest on them. Especially TLW. I used Fatebringer. I always left myself 5 bullets and cleared out all heavy ammo (NOT SPECIAL) Once glass goes up, waste fatebringer ammo then IMMEDIATELY switch to icebreaker. The ammo regen on it is supposed to stop you gaining more ammo automatically.

It's perfectly understandable, Bungie will fix cheeses before actual bugs, but leave us to struggle trying to do it the legit way with wipe causing bugs that happen commonly, continuing to play the game for hours on end despite this is telling them that it's okay that they are handling the game this way, the VoG has not been fixed and now the bugs are even worse and more rapid than before. They will not be fixing these bugs from what I've seen, they rarely mention them.

At this point I'm pretty sure Bungie have forgetten about the existence of VoG

I've had some issues at the start as well. Be sure to use hand cannons as you can drop ammo the fastest on them. Especially TLW. I used Fatebringer. I always left myself 5 bullets and cleared out all heavy ammo (NOT SPECIAL) Once glass goes up, waste fatebringer ammo then IMMEDIATELY switch to icebreaker. The ammo regen on it is supposed to stop you gaining more ammo automatically.

At this point I'm pretty sure Bubgie have forgetten about the existence of VoG

Yeah I was surprised they upped the weapons to 331.

LiK

yep, Bungie ain't touching VoG anymore, imo. They decided to up the Exotics damages there after a lot of complaints. But they've moved onto HoW and keeping their attention on CE.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
yep, Bungie ain't touching VoG anymore, imo. They decided to up the Exotics damages there after a lot of complaints. But they've moved onto HoW and keeping their attention on CE.

As they should. VoG was left behind and they should be focused on the new content/current bugs.

E92 M3

The game isn't brimming with content; they can always revisit VOG. Can't see them just ignoring chunks of content - just doesn't make sense.

noomi

Us sword runners should start a strike against Bungie until the issues are resolved lol

#foreverswordrunners

"Fix The Lag!"
"When do we want it?"
"Now!"

Deku Tree

Wait so I was just reading about Dragon's Dogma Online... You group up in parties of four and go out into the world and do your thing... but if you don't have a party you can use up to three "AI Pawns" to play with you... why can't you play with "AI Pawns" in Destiny story missions?

Tawpgun

I'd be willing to bet they will revisit VoG at some point and do something special with it. But you are right in that the focus is on HoW.

Just hope it can live up to expectations....

Top Bottom