• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

LTWood12

I've done it with a 30 and multiple 31s in the same group. A 30 Titan would be especially easy because they could just throw up a bubble as Boomer distraction and dance the night away. Otherwise, they could just suicide at the start or maybe be on sniper duty and stay inside.

dont listen to Bogue. You NEED to be a 32 titan to get all the dance moves for maximum bubble boomer distraction.

LiK

If you can get it to 31 then sure...

I'm not doubting your skills but I have yet to beat Crota for the first time and I want to take as few risks as possible. Being three levels below is going to be a massive handicap when you get one hit by thralls... It won't too much of a hassle if you're getting carried by a team of pros, but I am definitely not at that stage yet.

i can confirm 31 is totally fine. My Warlock had no issues with CE HM until all the glitches happened during Crota fight.

Tawpgun

Don't know why people are wasting time trying to cheese Crota.

The current hard mode strats make the fight so trivial it basically is borderline cheese.

Does anyone else feel "tired" from Destiny, but still love the game? The pressure to "keep up" with friends and be at the top is very tiring. I've never played MMOs - but do they make people feel like that normally? Is it my personality to always strive for the best gear that is tiring me out? Destiny is a blast to play, but it has infiltrated my brain. For example, when a Crota kill eluded me on launch day, I couldn't think about anything except killing the fucker. I have the same level of obsession with Destiny that I did with getting good grades and my career.

With all that said, it's still a fucking great game that provides some amazing moments.

Depending on how my drops are this week in CE will determine how "tired" I get.

Yeah if it wasn't my first clear (hopefully) I wouldn't be such a hardass about it...

No problem bro, I'll try to hit 31 fast. And I didn't know it was your first clear, for some reason I thought we actually did HM Crota together last week. So yea don't worry if you find someone else who can do it if I don't hit level 31 fast enough.

I am down but have to do some payments so maybe i wont make it.

I think you should farm the first two parts in HM and the whole Normal run to get resources like I did, being 31 is really hard in Crota fight (And got some nasty responses by gaffers). I dont want to know the damage you will receive in lv 30.

I have all the HM weapons and the armor to hit level 32 on my Warlock (raid helmet, gauntlet, legs, exotic chest): I just need to level it fast enough

Crota HM at 6pm GMT (1.5 hours from now)

1. Me
2. Dhurv
3. Ryck

Im in psn pansargryning

I am down but have to do some payments so maybe i wont make it.

1. Me
2. Dhurv
3. Pansargryning
4. Ryck
5. DarrylMR?
6. Orochinagis?

Would like two alts if possible

Yeah I think we did try it on Tuesday Darryl. But we didn't clear it. I quit quite early on as I was kinda sleep deprived though. Wasn't even on destiny last week though.

LiK

Yeah if it wasn't my first clear (hopefully) I wouldn't be such a hardass about it...

heh, yea, understandable. my crew was pretty tough on Math when she was 31 when we played CE HM during the first week. But 31s are fine as long as you don't suck and have maxed weapons.

E92 M3

Burnt out? Yes..seems like a lot of people are starting to feel the same. Seems like a lot of the community have been playing since release or atleast a few months.

Can't say necessarily burnt out (because I still want to play) just tired. The same level of tired you would have from working all day. It's hard to explain. Maybe it's my determination to getting certain guns (looking at you Fatebringer) and not getting them for months. Puts a damper on things.

Depending on how my drops are this week in CE will determine how "tired" I get.

Yes, a good loot drop is very revitalizing haha.

Does anyone else feel "tired" from Destiny, but still love the game? The pressure to "keep up" with friends and be at the top is very tiring. I've never played MMOs - but do they make people feel like that normally? Is it my personality to always strive for the best gear that is tiring me out? Destiny is a blast to play, but it has infiltrated my brain. For example, when a Crota kill eluded me on launch day, I couldn't think about anything except killing the fucker. I have the same level of obsession with Destiny that I did with getting good grades and my career.

With all that said, it's still a fucking great game that provides some amazing moments.
I've hit that point. I did right before the DLC came out, as well. As soon as the DLC hits, though, then it's all "shiny and new!" and I will get sucked back in again.

No problem bro, I'll try to hit 31 fast. And I didn't know it was your first clear, for some reason I thought we actually did HM Crota together last week

Good call Reaper, don't bring Darryl on your raids or else he will just sit around and teabag at people when they die (edit: I can be an alt if needed)

mP5rPV.gif

Lnkn52

DGAF obviously needs a break. We've encountered and conquered all the end game content so far. There is no reason why you should feel obligated to play this game anymore. Maybe February is a good month to get that well deserved break. A couple of new games are coming out and it's up to Bungie to release new content to have this community keep coming back.

I know that this community is strong and consists of very friendly people. There will always be someone to lean on once new content arrives. I/we hope to be received with open arms once we and or Bungie decide when it's time to return.

LTWood12

DGAF obviously needs a break. We've encountered and conquered all the end game content so far. There is no reason why you should feel obligated to play this game anymore. Maybe February is a good month to get that well deserved break. A couple of new games are coming out and it's up to Bungie to release new content to have this community keep coming back.

I know that this community is strong and consists of very friendly people. There will always be someone to lean on once new content arrives. I/we hope to be received with open arms once we and or Bungie decide when it's time to return.

I don't feel obligated. I'm having fun.

EL CUCO

Speak for yourself. As far as I'm concerned, there are no other games :p

Kadey got her third Ghorn :(

1. Me
2. Dhurv
3. Pansargryning
4. Ryck
5. DarrylMR?
6. Orochinagis?

Would like two alts if possible

Yeah I think we did try it on Tuesday Darryl. But we didn't clear it. I quit quite early on as I was kinda sleep deprived though. Wasn't even on destiny last week though.

If you guys need another I'll be up for it. 32 Warlock. Gjallarhorn.Black Hammer. Etc.

Speak for yourself. As far as I'm concerned, there are no other games :p

Yea I haven't really touched any other game since Destiny dropped. I'm returning Dragon Age I only after spending 6 hours with it. I'm hoping The Witcher 3 will be good this Spring but nothing else intrigues me.

joecanada

man I ran into a good team in crucible last night, only had three of us plus some other randoms.
they were doing all the stuff I normally try to do to others. preventing people from getting in the window, doors on mars, sniping on venus, with a few guys at the back with thorn, snipers and the rest up front with shotguns...
Even though I generally never use shotguns, I was pissed last night but now I am kind of impressed. worst games I have had in maybe forever in crucible, k/d of like .6, .5 for a few games straight.... a few games I couldn't even find anyone and then boom shotgun from someone crouched in a door, bladedancer, golden gun, rocket , rocket... was pretty crazy. some matches you never see anyone for like a minute only to find that there are three of them waiting for you in one room.

E92 M3

I've hit that point. I did right before the DLC came out, as well. As soon as the DLC hits, though, then it's all "shiny and new!" and I will get sucked back in again.

Pretty much haha. Always something to chase.

I still don't have the Fatebringer and the Crux - the completionist in me suffers with that. Theoretically, a break sounds great, but the notion of missing so much is too much to take. I've said it before and I'll say it again, if it wasn't for my friends and community I wouldn't be in this situation. What makes everything fun is playing with friends and fighting for those drops.

Maybe I'll use this weekend as a little break.

Bungie, Ruin Wings are still bugged. A fix in the next patch would be most welcome! Tia.

The Ruin Wings messiah. Homeboyd will bring us to the purple box.

Dave_6

I'm still having fun with the game and all 3 of my toons haven't reached 32 yet so I have reason/want to play. Still missing 3 exotic weapons and quite a few armors too lol.

Raybunny

PSN NM Crota's End full raid:

1. Raybunzy Titan / Hunter 32
2. Rasstuppen Titan 31
3. SirSmeggy Hunter 31
4. bodde1972

Full [closed]

Lnkn52

I don't feel obligated. I'm having fun.

Me neither, I'm having alot of fun too.

I feel that people are scared of losing their raid groups and/or being first at experiencing the first "Crota" take down. I've never had the luxury of having real friends play the game. The one friend that I did just stopped playing since he hated the grind. That led me to reddit fireteams and destinylfg.com, The systems works sometimes but eventually led me here (great community). Millions upon millions people play Destiny, there will be someone to play with once you come back.

My point is, make your own decisions whether you want to continue playing the game or not. If you're not having fun because of the brokeness, then try something else. Once they fix it, I don't mind giving you a PM, asking you to comeback. I'll be here.

EL CUCO

Yea I haven't really touched any other game since Destiny dropped. I'm returning Dragon Age I only after spending 6 hours with it. I'm hoping The Witcher 3 will be good this Spring but nothing else intrigues me.
If The Order gets a good buzz, I'll pick it up. I'm sure I'll only be able to play in 15-30 min spurts, since I'll be too busy thinking about leveling up some weapon or gear to even enjoy the game.

Qwell

So, is anyone still needing the Abyss Defiant like myself? Any folks want to run some HM Crota End just up to the bridge, or perhaps the deathsinger later tonight? Say after 5pm PST.

Went straight for Crota this week (still have 1 more of those to do on my Titan) and I never got the Abyss last week on any of my characters.

So, is anyone still needing the Abyss Defiant like myself? Any folks want to run some HM Crota End just up to the bridge, or perhaps the deathsinger later tonight? Say after 5pm PST.

Went straight for Crota this week (still have 1 more of those to do on my Titan) and I never got the Abyss last week on any of my characters.

Would have been up to do this if it wasn't so late haha

Drain You

Even though I decided to break I hopped on to help a friend do the nightfalL. Gjallarhorn drops for. God damn, guess my break is over. Time to level this gun up, gonna run bounties on all three characters tonight.

LTWood12

If i'm on I'll help you out Qwell. I may be on vita, so i won't have a mic.

Me neither, I'm having alot of fun too.

I feel that people are scared of losing their raid groups and/or being first at experiencing the first "Crota" take down. I've never had the luxury of having real friends play the game. The one friend that I did just stopped playing since he hated the grind. That led me to reddit fireteams and destinylfg.com, The systems works sometimes but eventually led me here (great community). Millions upon millions people play Destiny, there will be someone to play with once you come back.
As somone who have beaten Crota's end hard mode a few times, even carried a few lvl 31s and maybe a lvl30, def not effectived by that. There's really noting remaining beside helping Dgaf out here and there. Which I am doing.
btw I def did enrage at first not because it's "hard" but due to the glitches and bugs bungie refuses to fix, cheap hard mode by increasing the lvl cap, etc
when Bloodborne comes out, I will be gone for a while.
second this as well.

LiK

This is how I am thinking when The Order comes out.

As much as I say this, I feel like I am still going to at least do the Nightfall/Weekly every week. It's become habit now, really.

i think The Order is gonna be a weekend game for me. I can't imagine it being too long.

Is there a good guide to endgame weapons? I keep earring about stuff like hawk moon and gjallahorn, but have no idea how to get them, and I'm not sure whether any of the legend arises I'm getting are worth upgrading. (Got the chance from ranking up fwc; no clue if it's worth upgrading)

Deku Tree

Is there a good guide to endgame weapons? I keep earring about stuff like hawk moon and gjallahorn, but have no idea how to get them, and I'm not sure whether any of the legend arises I'm getting are worth upgrading. (Got the chance from ranking up fwc; no clue if it's worth upgrading)

RNG is how you get them

Qwell

If i'm on I'll help you out Qwell. I may be on vita, so i won't have a mic.
Cool, worst case I can always find an LFG group or at least solo the Abyss with my hunter ... perhaps my titan and lock, just haven't been able to make the 2nd lamp jump with them lately.

Top Bottom