• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

Ryck

Got a Crota HM cp, can't seem to beat him tho. Any teams willing to help me beat him today? Will be on in about two hours or so.

Ps4: Ryck007

EL CUCO

Wait so I was just reading about Dragon's Dogma Online... You group up in parties of four and go out into the world and do your thing... but if you don't have a party you can use up to three "AI Pawns" to play with you... why can't you play with "AI Pawns" in Destiny story missions?
I'm guessing last gen really gimped Destiny. I really hope Destiny 2 is current gen only.

Plz, Activision and Bungie!

Us sword runners should start a strike against Bungie until the issues are resolved lol

#foreverswordrunners

"Fix The Lag!"
"When do we want it?"
"Now!"

The only people who get screwed by this is us scrubs...

I"ll still be on in 1.5 hours. Lets get your first HM kill

Yes! Great.

Let's see if anyone is else up for it.

HM (just) Crota anyone in about 1/1.5 hours?

1. Me
2. Sword master extraordinaire Dhruv

HM?

It was complete head banging mess for me yesterday and the day before... Ill be home in 1.5 hours and it would be great if we could form a group or something

CE glitches were out in full force yesterday. Ended up spending close to 5 hrs fighting Crota with not a single kill. Hate that fight so much.

Deku Tree

I'm guessing last gen really gimped Destiny. I really hope Destiny 2 is current gen only.

Plz, Activision and Bungie!

Halo had AI Pawns that played along side you on the original Xbox and the Xbox 360. Heck the AI would do a decent job of driving your Warthog for you in Halo CE. It would be cool if you could bring them into that Daily Story mission with lightswitch on... hey Pawn I need a revive STAT!

LTWood12

At this point I'm pretty sure Bungie have forgetten about the existence of VoG

yep, Bungie ain't touching VoG anymore, imo. They decided to up the Exotics damages there after a lot of complaints. But they've moved onto HoW and keeping their attention on CE.

I think they'll come back to it at some point. There's still a second set of raid armor for each class in the database, with descriptions and everything.

Grinding Eris bounties is so unfun. Almost rank 4 on my Hunter. What is the conversion rate for the raid shards. Is it 1 blackwax and 500 glimmer and energy to turn into 1 shard?

Also what is the lowest level possibly I can run my Sunlock through HM Crota? I'm at 30 now and I've done it with 31s. . don't remember ever seeing a 30.

E92 M3

lots of their decisions don't make sense. I'm still wondering why NFs give ass mats.

Yes, that's true, but like I said earlier, Luke came here and said they made mistakes. I think going forward we will have better decisions from Bungie. Unfortunately, them being such a huge company it takes time to change course - just the nature of the beast. I am actually rather optimistic about the future of Destiny.

Frostburn

That's a good name for a clan

And we have 2 people ready for a scrota kill on HM need 4 more

1. Dhruv
2. Keane
3. nursezro
4. ryck007
5. OPEN
6. OPEN

Count me in, US-Frostburn

Got my Warlock to 32 finally with a normal mode helm drop on him this week! Need that shader now to match my 32 Hunter and Titan!

Jinjo

Anyone gotten the Crota cliff cheese to work yet? Trying atm, but I can't get out of the room before the windows drop and if I go the long way Crota just won't drop off even when spamming him with solar nades.

Deku Tree

Anyone gotten the Crota cliff cheese to work yet? Trying atm, but I can't get out of the room before the windows drop and if I go the long way Crota just won't drop off even when spamming him with solar nades.

There is an invisible wall behind Crota that drops as soon as the encounter starts. It appears to be impossible to do the cheese without some kind of exploit. The cheese video came from the GT of a well known CoD lag glitcher on an xbox 360. Has been debunked on reddit and in the previous pages of this topic.

The glitches/lag were pretty bad and we had a few guys from different regions like UK etc. that might've been a problem.

It just seems completely random. In my experience the glitches start off minor and infrequent and then get worse the longer you keep trying.

After 3-4 attempts if you ain't getting past the ogre stage it's worth going back to orbit and loading back in.

There is a lot of uncertainty with where certain problems are coming from and what solutions may or may not work. So, really hard to say but if you haven't experienced them much then that's awesome for you but keep in mind you were luckier than others. As I've talked about many times, my real problems aren't with glitches and lag:

(1) they patch cheese instead of glitches which further punishes serious players because the patches have introduced new glitches three consecutive times
(2) Crota encounter is poorly designed for online gaming, especially when people are trying to play together from different countries. My clan is called "Around the World" for a reason and DGAF in general is hugely diverse geographically.

If you play with more geographically centered people, maybe it's less of an issue or maybe not since I don't think anyone can say for certain what exactly causes these issues. Like Agent said, seems pretty random and sometimes gets worse over the course of attempts.

Did I say that the game has no glitches because I didn't experience them?

Anyway, I don't think that there are many glitches in HM Crota because I didn't experience very many.

Did I say that you said the game had no glitches? Reading comprehension herp-a-derp-a-doo!

I would hope your last sentence is a joke but I can't detect any hint that it is. You responded poorly to my objection, as if I didn't understand your feelings, but then you restated that same sentiment exactly.

Pro Tip: Your personal experiences do not represent the full possibility space of reality.

GRIP

I'm pretty sure you need another person to do it.

EL CUCO

Halo had AI Pawns that played along side you on the original Xbox and the Xbox 360. It would be cool if you could bring them into that Daily Story mission with lightswitch on... hey Pawn I need a revive STAT!
Hahaha I remember that. I'd just drive around in the Warthog and let them "shoot" at stuff.

Jinjo

There is an invisible wall behind Crota that drops as soon as the encounter starts. It appears to be impossible to do the cheese without some kind of exploit. The cheese video came from the GT of a well known CoD lag glitcher on an xbox 360. Has been debunked on reddit and in the previous pages of this topic.

Yeah even when locking him in with solar nades he just kept jittering on the edge. I figured getting out of the room before the windows appear and then dropping crota off before the doorwindows disappear is a must, but as a Warlock I just can't get out of the room in time. But now you're saying it won't work at all unless you do some sort of lag exploit/lagswitch?

Yeah even when locking him in with solar nades he just kept jittering on the edge. I figured getting out of the room before the windows appear and then dropping crota off before the doorwindows disappear is a must, but as a Warlock I just can't get out of the room in time. But now you're saying it won't work at all unless you do some sort of lag exploit/lagswitch?

Have you tried blinking out?

can someone tell me if i'm doing something wrong?

currently lvl 26 and trying to level up further. been doing strikes, bounties, patrol missions or whatever to try level up vanguard. currently only at 1 and about 3/4 way to 2. as i understand it i need to get to 2 to be able to buy stuff from my vanguard. some items need a commendation...do i get one every time i level up the vanguard? i currently have purple legs and will get purple arms from eris? so it's got a purple hat and purple chest i need to buy from the vanguard.

is this the right procedure to buy these items? it just feels like it's taking forever.

also...how do i even kill this urzok character? i know where he appears but just can't do any damage to him. i think i read you need to use an arc weapon to break his shield then his health goes down faster but i hardly made a dent on him. i really want to get these eris bounties done so she can give me my purple arms! should i come back when i get my other purple stuff?

thanks!

Deku Tree

Hahaha I remember that. I'd just drive around in the Warthog and let them "shoot" at stuff.

Or you could even jump on the gun in the back of the Warthog and the AI would jump into the drivers seat and do a somewhat good job of driving you around to the next objectives while you did the shooting. :)

The best guess theory seems to be that the player in the video is exploiting lag or actually using a hacked xbox 360 somehow to remove the invisible wall behind Crota.

Otherwise all we have is a video with no explanation and no one able to duplicate it.

Grinding Eris bounties is so unfun. Almost rank 4 on my Hunter. What is the conversion rate for the raid shards. Is it 1 blackwax and 500 glimmer and energy to turn into 1 shard?

Also what is the lowest level possibly I can run my Sunlock through HM Crota? I'm at 30 now and I've done it with 31s. . don't remember ever seeing a 30.

I've done it with a 30 and multiple 31s in the same group. A 30 Titan would be especially easy because they could just throw up a bubble as Boomer distraction and dance the night away. Otherwise, they could just suicide at the start or maybe be on sniper duty and stay inside.

Thought I was the only one, feel a bit better. The times that group ups happen Are so weird, its either early during the day while I work or way late when I'm sleeping.

I agree man. Bad night for us last night too. Tried for 2 hours and only made it past the ogres once. Got crota to enrage and then we wiped from glitches on the last hit. So draining. It's crazy how this affects my mood man! I woke up this morning for work still feeling deflated from that shit :/

I hear y'all. I've been really busy at work lately so it's been really late when I've been able to play. The Crota fight can be so draining. I tried to solo Normal Crota a couple of times last night and that was fun. I realized what I was doing wrong omw to work this morning haha. I'm going to give it another try next reset. Still need the Hunger but at least Normal is easily manageable.

A good night's rest or a break is good. Do something that's fun for a change of pace. Banging on the hard Crota for hours is definitely not fun! Mainly battling the lag-bugs/glitches/etc.

Destiny 2 Wishlist

1. PvP and PvE Separated
-The issues with balancing in Destiny 1 are mainly due to Bungie trying to balance PvP and PvE together, they are completely different games and should have completely different weapons, armour, subclasses, skills etc. I think it would allow for them to be more creative with PvP weapons and visa versa, along with the subclasses and more.

2. Dedicated Single Player Campaign
-I get worrred every time I play the "Story" missions in Destiny 1 that Bungie will never make a single player campaign on par with the Halo games ever again. The quality of the story, characters, set pieces (all 2 of them?), etc. were very poor compared to any of the Halo games made by Bungie.

I would love to see a SP campaign, no levelling, no weapons or exotics to collect, none of that grind, but a nice 8-10 hour campaign with great settings and set pieces that are on par with the other games they have created. No level in Destiny is close to The Silent Cartographer, the space ship level in Reach, the Scarab fight etc. The usual game we have now would be the main game, but the SP campaign would help create the setting for the usual game we play right now.

3. Open World Areas with Dynamic Areas
-The planets in Destiny 1 are very much just large Halo maps, indoor corridors and then large outdoor spaces. They are not very good "worlds", I would love to see a large area like Dragon Age Inquisition's Hinterlands or something on par with what Bethesda would create, for Destiny 2. Also nothing in these worlds are dynamic, everything is static and boring, making them boring to explore after 20 hours in the game. AI spawns in the same spot, no friendly AI to speak to, very boring, static and little interaction.

4. New Netcode
-Whatever system they are using is creating major issues for raiders and PvP can become a disaster sometimes. Please fix this.

5. Focus on Vehicles
-I don't know what happened to Bungie, but the vehicles in this game are awful. Nothing on par with the Ghost or Tank. And when you do get to use the few vehicles you don't feel powerful at all. The sparrow is fantastic for getting around, but damn did they do a poor job making vehicles feel powerful or even fun.

Crota HM at 6pm GMT (1.5 hours from now)

1. Me
2. Dhurv
3. Ryck

I'm down if I can be on Sniper duty, my Warlock is only level 30 (hopefully 31 by then). If we start having problems and think it is because of me I'm willing to switch to my level 32 Hunter. No pressure if you don't want to risk it bro.

I've done it with a 30 and multiple 31s in the same group. A 30 Titan would be especially easy because they could just throw up a bubble as Boomer distraction and dance the night away. Otherwise, they could just suicide at the start or maybe be on sniper duty and stay inside.

Thanks for the insight, I think I'll try to stick to sniper duty if I can find a group to pick me up

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

You'd die a lot at level 30, but to be honest, in each phase of the raid, you don't really NEED 6 players, so even if you died early, your team could still easily win. But most people might not want to run a 30 through HM...

do i get one every time i level up the vanguard?

is this the right procedure to buy these items?

also...how do i even kill this urzok character?

-Yes, one commendation per rep level rank up. Only the chest and head armor requires a commendation but unfortunately those are the two pieces you need.

-Yes, that is the most reliable way to get the legendary gear you want because it doesn't involve lucky RNG which could drop exactly what you want but is never guaranteed. However, another sure way to get high light level armor is to buy an exotic armor from Xur when he comes tomorrow. Each piece costs 13 strange coins and you can ask around here to learn if whatever he sells tomorrow is good for you or not.

-Definitely need a team, as a 26 it's going to be very tough. His shield regenerates almost instantly if you lose damage on it but his health bar isn't actually huge. The problem is keeping consistent DPS so you ideally should have a 3 man fireteam and make sure someone is hitting him at all times. Also, there are two events that can happen when he spawns: if the Warsat lands it's much easier, if a shit ton of enemies start charging around it's much harder.

GRIP

can someone tell me if i'm doing something wrong?

currently lvl 26 and trying to level up further. been doing strikes, bounties, patrol missions or whatever to try level up vanguard. currently only at 1 and about 3/4 way to 2. as i understand it i need to get to 2 to be able to buy stuff from my vanguard. some items need a commendation...do i get one every time i level up the vanguard? i currently have purple legs and will get purple arms from eris? so it's got a purple hat and purple chest i need to buy from the vanguard.

is this the right procedure to buy these items? it just feels like it's taking forever.

also...how do i even kill this urzok character? i know where he appears but just can't do any damage to him. i think i read you need to use an arc weapon to break his shield then his health goes down faster but i hardly made a dent on him. i really want to get these eris bounties done so she can give me my purple arms! should i come back when i get my other purple stuff?

thanks!

You're definitely going about leveling up the right way and yes it is a grind. Not sure if you get a commendation from hitting rank two or not, but I would definitely recommend checking out Xur's inventory tomorrow and consider buying an exotic piece from him. That way, you'll only need one commendation for either a helmet or chest piece(assuming he sells a helmet or chest for your class).

I'd be willing to bet they will revisit VoG at some point and do something special with it. But you are right in that the focus is on HoW.

Just hope it can live up to expectations....
I see what you're doing...

Destiny 2 Wishlist

No level in Destiny is close to The Silent Cartographer, the space ship level in Reach, the Scarab fight etc. The usual game we have now would be the main game, but the SP campaign would help create the setting for the usual game we play right now.
The worst mission in Reach is better than any of the story missions in Destiny. I'm baffled that this happened, seriously.

LiK

You'd die a lot at level 30, but to be honest, in each phase of the raid, you don't really NEED 6 players, so even if you died early, your team could still easily win. But most people might not want to run a 30 through HM...

yea, 31 is doable but 30 is almost dead weight.

E92 M3

Does anyone else feel "tired" from Destiny, but still love the game? The pressure to "keep up" with friends and be at the top is very tiring. I've never played MMOs - but do they make people feel like that normally? Is it my personality to always strive for the best gear that is tiring me out? Destiny is a blast to play, but it has infiltrated my brain. For example, when a Crota kill eluded me on launch day, I couldn't think about anything except killing the fucker. I have the same level of obsession with Destiny that I did with getting good grades and my career.

With all that said, it's still a fucking great game that provides some amazing moments.

Thanks for the insight, I think I'll try to stick to sniper duty if I can find a group to pick me up

Np, just let me know if you can't find one. You really don't even need to do sniper duty with a decent team, just 1 sword, 1 bubble distraction and 3 rocketeers for shield breaks. The bubble bro can throw some damage also if needed, or swap out with a rocket man to conserve heavy.

Edit: Just saw your response to Reaper, I can hop on now and I'm sure we could easily carry you. Of course I'd rather leave the spot open for people who need the loot drops but I'm happy to help too.

Anyone on DGAF play Driveclub? I got some code for crap from a razor I bought, first to PM me can have it. I left the code at home but will give tomorrow.

Gone

I'm down if I can be on Sniper duty, my Warlock is only level 30 (hopefully 31 by then). If we start having problems and think it is because of me I'm willing to switch to my level 32 Hunter. No pressure if you don't want to risk it bro.

If you can get it to 31 then sure...

I'm not doubting your skills but I have yet to beat Crota for the first time and I want to take as few risks as possible. Being three levels below is going to be a massive handicap when you get one hit by thralls... It won't too much of a hassle if you're getting carried by a team of pros, but I am definitely not at that stage yet.

Crota HM at 6pm GMT (1.5 hours from now)

1. Me
2. Dhurv
3. Ryck

I am down but have to do some payments so maybe i wont make it.

I think you should farm the first two parts in HM and the whole Normal run to get resources like I did, being 31 is really hard in Crota fight (And got some nasty responses by gaffers, dont blame them). I dont want to know the damage you will receive in lv 30.

Does anyone else feel "tired" from Destiny, but still love the game? The pressure to "keep up" with friends and be at the top is very tiring. I've never played MMOs - but do they make people feel like that normally? Is it my personality to always strive for the best gear that is tiring me out? Destiny is a blast to play, but it has infiltrated my brain. For example, when a Crota kill eluded me on launch day, I couldn't think about anything except killing the fucker. I have the same level of obsession with Destiny that I did with getting good grades and my career.

With all that said, it's still a fucking great game that provides some amazing moments.
Burnt out? Yes..seems like a lot of people are starting to feel the same. Seems like a lot of the community have been playing since release or atleast a few months.

Top Bottom