• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

Navy Bean

Oh god, yeah. its the same shit every night. man we all get in the room and no one knows what to do, I don't profess to be a pro, Im just upset that after all these days and two weeks worth of attempts, I have yet to get close, we are talking maybe 20 hours worth of tries.

Im so upset,

You invited me too but I couldn't join because of baby issues. If you're around this weekend I'm sure we can get a group to clear it.

E92 M3

The below is pretty much what I'm playing these days. I cleared my backlog and so I've gone back to my most favourite games.

Do I miss Destiny? Well, its's not like I've stopped playing it completely, so not really :p

But if you mean do I miss playing Destiny as much as I used to do, then no, I don't miss that one bit.

EDIT:NOOOOOOO!!! I don't want my post to be the first on a new page ;_;

Now Skyrim is one game I have to get back into. Left it with about 300 hours or so - adore the game.

Oh god, yeah. its the same shit every night. man we all get in the room and no one knows what to do, I don't profess to be a pro, Im just upset that after all these days and two weeks worth of attempts, I have yet to get close, we are talking maybe 20 hours worth of tries.

Im so upset,

Where do you find your people? I'll keep you in mind when we're doing raids.

And I got a Thunderlord through Crucible today. Feels good, man.

iPu3MMB3wJeu2.png

Congrats - awesome weapon!

Things I like too see in Destiny:

1. More Vault space... DUH!
2. Ascendant Materials used for Marks. Do a Trade-In of 10 Energy or Shards, get 5 Marks either Vanguard or Crucible & 1000 Glimmer (No rep).
3. If #2 can't be possible, how about still doing the Trade-In of Ascendant materials, but they can be used to purchase extra coins from Xur. Put a cap so no one goes overboard by unleashing 800+ shards netting them 80 coins, which translates to roughly 400 Heavy Synths lol. Cap I would say would should be 5, so roughly every week you can burn up to 50 Ascendant Materials to net yourself an extra 5 coins.
I mean some people always will be a coin or two short, this alleviates the frustration.
4. Bump up the Destination Material cap for consumables from 200 to 500. It really is needed. Before we used to give 8 DM's per bubble, with 16 now the new requirement, an item almost eats up 90 DM for 1 item. It not fun carrying that many DM's spaced out into such a small arbitrary number. People would farm more and collect, but I see a lot of players now just bypass chests/nodes, cause 10 marks = 20 materials, and they get them when they need it and not want to lose a lot of the Materials space allotted to us
15 Slots: Spinmetal, Helium, Spiritbloom, Relic Iron, Class Item, Vangaurd Commendation, Crucible Commendation, Ascendant Shards, Ascendant Energy, Radiant Energy, Radiant Shard, Strange Coins, Mote of Light, Weapon Parts, Exotic Shard
(So max amount of DM you can have on you is 200, no more)
5. Add Elemental burns to the Daily!, why is this not allowed?, it would be fun to do missions with a new buff. Lightswitch/Juggler/Angry rotation is fucking boring!
6. Fix the consumable cooldown timers. Primary - 1 minute, Special - 3 Minutes, Heavy - 5 Minutes. This way I can use say a Primary and Heavy in 6 minutes or 2 Special Packs within the same amount of time
7. Glimmer cap raise. At least 100,000. 25,000 is too little and with people running 3 chars it tremendously hurts. You can even create a quest chain where that for moving up the Glimmer Tier, you have to fulfill certain requirements.
25K - 50K, trade in at least 20 of each House Banners, Silken Codex, Axiom Beads, Network Keys. Now you can accumulate up to 50,000 Glimmer every time
50K-75K, trade in 50 of each Ether Seeds, Black Wax Idol, Blue Polyphage, Resuplly Codes, Now you can accumulate up to 75,000 Glimmer
75K-100K, trade in 5 Vangaurd Commendations and 5 Crucible Commendations
8. Buff Pulse Rifles. They are really the sub-par weapon choice, Impact has to be increased.
9. Add Treasure Hunt into the mix. Chest Farming with a buff, chance at more Rare/Legendary engrams to appear. Can be used daily for 1 hour only. Resets on the Daily Reset (make it a consumable item you can buy from a vendor for like 5,000 Glimmer)
10. Exotics "Evolving" over time. Just upping the Attack Rating # and making us re-level everything is not to great, but if I trade in a 331 GHORN for say a 365 GHORN, Wolfpack Rounds go from basic to a level 2 version
So if someone earns a 302 GHORN has to weigh their options. You can jump directly and bypass 331 version, but miss out on netting yourself "Wolfpack 2", or go through the bubble grind + tiering it and earn the new Exotic
Repeat for all Exotics, keep evolving the weapons over time

Some good ideas there; definitely love quest lines to get upgrades.

DGAF obviously needs a break. We've encountered and conquered all the end game content so far. There is no reason why you should feel obligated to play this game anymore. Maybe February is a good month to get that well deserved break. A couple of new games are coming out and it's up to Bungie to release new content to have this community keep coming back.

I know that this community is strong and consists of very friendly people. There will always be someone to lean on once new content arrives. I/we hope to be received with open arms once we and or Bungie decide when it's time to return.

Um, no. You certainly aren't speaking for me nor a majority of folks here. You may need a break but I don't really care to take one. I'm enjoying myself and am still hunting for a few exotics. Let me do a quick edit for you:

"I obviously need a break. I've encountered and conquered all the end game content so far. There is no reason why I should feel obligated to play this game anymore. Maybe February is a good month for me to get that well deserved break. A couple of new games are coming out and it's up to Bungie to release new content to have me keep coming back.

I know that this community is strong and consists of very friendly people. There will always be someone to lean on once new content arrives. I hope to be received with open arms once I decide when it's time to return."

You guys see the Plus games next month?

Transistor and Rogue Legacy (both of which I hadn't bought yet)

PS - Hi. NIlla filled in last night along with deafmedal and holy crap we took down Crota normal prior to Ogres. Nice swordwork there, El Capitan NLB.

Waves at Drizzy and XFrame

Didn't know we were in an open relationship...

DGAF obviously needs a break. We've encountered and conquered all the end game content so far. There is no reason why you should feel obligated to play this game anymore. Maybe February is a good month to get that well deserved break. A couple of new games are coming out and it's up to Bungie to release new content to have this community keep coming back.

I know that this community is strong and consists of very friendly people. There will always be someone to lean on once new content arrives. I/we hope to be received with open arms once we and or Bungie decide when it's time to return.

I don't feel obligated. I'm having fun.

Speak for yourself. As far as I'm concerned, there are no other games :p

If I am still having crazy fun playing Destiny then why should someone else tell me to quit?
And I just got Gjallarhorn too.

Ummm...how about no. I don't want stop playing. I'll take a break here and there for The Order 1886, Uncharted 4 and Project CARS, but I seriously don't see myself getting hooked on another game for some time.

Things I like too see in Destiny:

1. More Vault space... DUH!
2. Ascendant Materials used for Marks. Do a Trade-In of 10 Energy or Shards, get 5 Marks either Vanguard or Crucible & 1000 Glimmer (No rep).
3. If #2 can't be possible, how about still doing the Trade-In of Ascendant materials, but they can be used to purchase extra coins from Xur. Put a cap so no one goes overboard by unleashing 800+ shards netting them 80 coins, which translates to roughly 400 Heavy Synths lol. Cap I would say would should be 5, so roughly every week you can burn up to 50 Ascendant Materials to net yourself an extra 5 coins.
I mean some people always will be a coin or two short, this alleviates the frustration.
4. Bump up the Destination Material cap for consumables from 200 to 500. It really is needed. Before we used to give 8 DM's per bubble, with 16 now the new requirement, an item almost eats up 90 DM for 1 item. It not fun carrying that many DM's spaced out into such a small arbitrary number. People would farm more and collect, but I see a lot of players now just bypass chests/nodes, cause 10 marks = 20 materials, and they get them when they need it and not want to lose a lot of the Materials space allotted to us
15 Slots: Spinmetal, Helium, Spiritbloom, Relic Iron, Class Item, Vangaurd Commendation, Crucible Commendation, Ascendant Shards, Ascendant Energy, Radiant Energy, Radiant Shard, Strange Coins, Mote of Light, Weapon Parts, Exotic Shard
(So max amount of DM you can have on you is 200, no more)
5. Add Elemental burns to the Daily!, why is this not allowed?, it would be fun to do missions with a new buff. Lightswitch/Juggler/Angry rotation is fucking boring!
6. Fix the consumable cooldown timers. Primary - 1 minute, Special - 3 Minutes, Heavy - 5 Minutes. This way I can use say a Primary and Heavy in 6 minutes or 2 Special Packs within the same amount of time
7. Glimmer cap raise. At least 100,000. 25,000 is too little and with people running 3 chars it tremendously hurts. You can even create a quest chain where that for moving up the Glimmer Tier, you have to fulfill certain requirements.
25K - 50K, trade in at least 20 of each House Banners, Silken Codex, Axiom Beads, Network Keys. Now you can accumulate up to 50,000 Glimmer every time
50K-75K, trade in 50 of each Ether Seeds, Black Wax Idol, Blue Polyphage, Resuplly Codes, Now you can accumulate up to 75,000 Glimmer
75K-100K, trade in 5 Vangaurd Commendations and 5 Crucible Commendations
8. Buff Pulse Rifles. They are really the sub-par weapon choice, Impact has to be increased.
9. Add Treasure Hunt into the mix. Chest Farming with a buff, chance at more Rare/Legendary engrams to appear. Can be used daily for 1 hour only. Resets on the Daily Reset (make it a consumable item you can buy from a vendor for like 5,000 Glimmer)
10. Exotics "Evolving" over time. Just upping the Attack Rating # and making us re-level everything is not to great, but if I trade in a 331 GHORN for say a 365 GHORN, Wolfpack Rounds go from basic to a level 2 version
So if someone earns a 302 GHORN has to weigh their options. You can jump directly and bypass 331 version, but miss out on netting yourself "Wolfpack 2", or go through the bubble grind + tiering it and earn the new Exotic
Repeat for all Exotics, keep evolving the weapons over time

Definitely. These are all ideal. 1,2,4,5,6,7,8 are my top choices. 9 and 10 would definitely be awesome. I basically never patrol anymore and would like to if other events occurred or whatnot.

11) Update Daily Mission and Daily Public reward for new shard economy.
12) Matchingmaking for nightfall/weekly with smart vote-kick system (use same system in PvP)
13) Don't making dismantling special event/DLC items like Eris and Iron Banner weapons worthless. Give shards like normal stuff!
14) Have an inventory for current items dismantled in case you want to get it back.
15) Glimmer should really be character wide, like everything else. You should also be able to store glimmer in the vault if you don't want to raise the glimmer cap. 25k is stupid when things cause nearly half during IB.
16) Do something with Clans? Clanbattles?
17) More PvP modes like CTF!
18) Improved UI with a tab of Advisors -> Reputations

so the planets have aligned and I've got some serious free time (3hrs)

Looking to raid or NF or up for whatever

GT: Macjester. Feel free to join me 31 Titan/warlock/hunter

PS - Hi. NIlla filled in last night along with deafmedal and holy crap we took down Crota normal prior to Ogres. Nice swordwork there, El Capitan NLB.

Got the Rogue Legacy Platinum not long before Destiny fever hit, brilliant game especially for any Spelunky fan. Transistor is nice since I never bought it but always wanted to try it.

Points at Colonel. T-bags repeatedly.

Do it! The story isn't that good but man is the gameplay so good. Still the best gameplay in any RPG.

Also, go Mystic Knight. You'll thank me later.

Edit: well, once you unlock it anyway.

I'm all about that gameplay, usually ignore stories except for special occasions. Thanks for the class suggestion, I know I can trust the opinions of a Titan bro ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Navy Bean

The House of Wolves Boss should just be the Level 4 "Eliminate The Target" Captain from the Mothyards. Hardest enemy in the game.

I went at him solo with a fully leveled Fatebringer, Ice Breaker, and Hunger of Crota and he still warped all over the place and got away...lol

Lnkn52

Ummm...how about no. I don't want stop playing. I'll take a break here and there for The Order 1886, Uncharted 4 and Project CARS, but I seriously don't see myself getting hooked on another game for some time.

Um, no. You certainly aren't speaking for me nor a majority of folks here. You may need a break but I don't really care to take one. I'm enjoying myself and am still hunting for a few exotics. Let me do a quick edit for you:

"I obviously need a break. I've encountered and conquered all the end game content so far. There is no reason why I should feel obligated to play this game anymore. Maybe February is a good month for me to get that well deserved break. A couple of new games are coming out and it's up to Bungie to release new content to have me keep coming back.

I know that this community is strong and consists of very friendly people. There will always be someone to lean on once new content arrives. I hope to be received with open arms once I decide when it's time to return."

You guys are missing the point. There are many people on the board that are not liking the game at it's current state. All I'm saying is to make your own choice whether or not you want to continue to play the game, there is always going to be a community here at DGAF.

Xur Wishlist aka the only exotics I need to complete the whole collection

Weapons
1. Red Death
2. 4th Horseman

Armour
1. Arachnid Helmet - Hunter
2. Skull of Dire Amarkara - Warlock
3. Sunbreakers - Warlock

Just 5 more exotics to complete the collection! Give me at least one tomorrow Xur!

Iceman829

Perfect, take a week off so I can get Thunderlord...

Take one of mine... oh wait you can't. I just need the crux and 9 more shards and I'm basically done. The 2 exotics I'm missing (universal remote and hard light) aren't game changers so I don't care much. I've maxed out all of the raid weapons and exotics except for Red Death and Suros Regime. I really only log on most nights since you guys are fun to play with and I don't mind helping. Work is about to start getting busy as well, so I'll only jump on to do the weekly strikes all in 1 night.

The House of Wolves Boss should just be the Level 4 "Eliminate The Target" Captain from the Mothyards. Hardest enemy in the game.

I went at him solo with a fully leveled Fatebringer, Ice Breaker, and Hunger of Crota and he still warped all over the place and got away...lol

No, it should just be a giant Shank.

Deku Tree

I want Xur to Sell Ruin Wings or Helm Saint-14.

Yeah I stupidly didn't buy one and I stupidly sharded the other when the DLC hit and I destroyed my Titan and I thought I was going to go Warlock-Warlock-Hunter for a long while. Now I have all three and that's what I want Xur to bring.

Lnkn52

Yeah I stupidly didn't buy one and I stupidly sharded the other when the DLC hit and I destroyed my Titan and I thought I was going to go Warlock-Warlock-Hunter for a long while. Now I have all three and that's what I want Xur to bring.

I've started buying Titan exotics from Xur even though I don't have one yet.

Oh and my wishlist for Destiny 2 or future patches:

- Third person view option.

- Ability to map glimmer buff or ammo synth to d-pad.

- More ways to obtain gear that will get you to the level cap, Raid and Iron Banner are not enough.

- Third sub-class.

- More customization for your characters. Maybe add weapon shaders as well.

- Add more trading options for materials.

E92 M3

It took me 7 Gjallarhorn rockets, plus primary to solo him. Fucker has a shit-ton of health.

Xur: 4th Horseman or Thunderlord. PLEASE!
Heart of Praxic. Don't care anymore at this point but I'd still get it
Heavy Ammo Synths. Don't care as much with Ice Breaker love but it'd be great.

Daemul

The Servitor in Anchor of Light will give him a run for his money. Dude warps from the beginning to the end when you get his heath down to 1/4 left.

EL CUCO

Weapons
1. Red Death
2. 4th Horseman

Armour
3. Sunbreakers - Warlock

Just 5 more exotics to complete the collection! Give me at least one tomorrow Xur!
FbIGYIX.jpg

I hope the HoW final boss involves a mega walker or several walkers all over the place, hopefully climbing on walls and ceilings. I would like to have a more dynamic fight where you have to be more agile while DPS the boss. I would hope "The Arena" implies a large space where mobility would be encouraged. Not serving up the boss on a small platform.

exYle

Hey y'all, we have 4 at HM Crota CP. Need 2 more

1) Cloud945076
2) keanburke
3) EroticSushi
4) Buttchin-n-Bones
5)
6)

EDIT: Full

dB Viper

Yes, Xur, please bring.

Started a Titan myself, already have the other two characters to 32. I have the Skullfort and Glasshouse already. Would love to get Ruin or Saint 14.

Also, ready to buy about 200 heavy. Hope he has..

Oh I forgot an important #18 to go with Grave's list:

11) Update Daily Mission and Daily Public reward for new shard economy.
12) Matchingmaking for nightfall/weekly with smart vote-kick system (use same system in PvP)
13) Don't making dismantling special event/DLC items like Eris and Iron Banner weapons worthless. Give shards like normal stuff!
14) Have an inventory for current items dismantled in case you want to get it back.
15) Glimmer should really be character wide, like everything else. You should also be able to store glimmer in the vault if you don't want to raise the glimmer cap. 25k is stupid when things cause nearly half during IB.
16) Do something with Clans? Clanbattles?
17) More PvP modes like CTF!
18) Improved UI with a tab of Advisors -> Reputations along with #s when you complete stuff, not just a circle that's partially filled

Was just trying to solo that guy yesterday, gave up cause fatebringer, light of the abyss and hoc were barely taking down his shields. That bastard is shifty.

Navy Bean

Take one of mine... oh wait you can't. I just need the crux and 9 more shards and I'm basically done. The 2 exotics I'm missing (universal remote and hard light) aren't game changers so I don't care much. I've maxed out all of the raid weapons and exotics except for Red Death and Suros Regime. I really only log on most nights since you guys are fun to play with and I don't mind helping. Work is about to start getting busy as well, so I'll only jump on to do the weekly strikes all in 1 night.
I hear ya, I don't really need anything other than leveling stuff but it's still fun with a good group. Plus, no matter how glitchy Crota gets he's easier to deal with than a crying baby at midnight...

zewone

Weapons
1. Red Death
2. 4th Horseman

Armour
3. Sunbreakers - Warlock

4th Horseman is a PS exclusive so he'll sell it when Hawkmoon is for sale.

Oh and my wishlist for Destiny 2 or future patches:

- Third person view option.

- Ability to map glimmer buff or ammo synth to d-pad.

- More ways to obtain gear that will get you to the level cap, Raid and Iron Banner are not enough.

- Third sub-class.

- More customization for your characters. Maybe add weapon shaders as well.

- Add more trading options for materials.

One thing I would add to that list is d-pad / touchpad shortcuts to preset loadouts.

e.g Loadout 1 - Fatebringer, Ice Breaker, Hunger of Crota
Loadout 2 - VoC, Black Hammer, Gjallerhorn

Would make it so much easier to switch loadouts on the fly depending on what scenario you were in.

zewone

I hope the HoW final boss involves a mega walker or several walkers all over the place, hopefully climbing on walls and ceilings. I would like to have a more dynamic fight where you have to be more agile while DPS the boss. I would hope "The Arena" implies a large space where mobility would be encouraged. Not serving up the boss on a small platform.

The boss for the HoW is a walker. He could be a midboss, but you're definitely fighting a new walker.

WipedOut

Weapons
1. Red Death
2. 4th Horseman

Armour
3. Sunbreakers - Warlock

Since I run only as a Hunter I've only included the missing Hunter exotics.

Weapons
1. Gjallarhorn - Duh!
2. Hard Light
3. Red Death

Armour
1. ATS/8 Arachnid
2. Crest of Alpha Lupi
3. Young Ahamkara's Spine

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Got the Rogue Legacy Platinum not long before Destiny fever hit, brilliant game especially for any Spelunky fan. Transistor is nice since I never bought it but always wanted to try it.

Transistor is on my short list for game of the year last year. So good. SO GOOD.

Mindlog

The only exotic I'm missing is ATS/8 ARACHNID. I will never use that thing.
Pretty amusing how this happened. I only bought NLB to use for heavy ammo glitching. I only bought the exotic boots... to avoid the heavy ammo glitch. I got Monte Carlo for knifing Crota with my Warlock. Stab stab stab. That run was completed rather comically. I took only 3 swings on the first kneel and 0 swings on the second before Ogres. Was just playing it safe. Probably could have killed him in two swords, but didn't want to risk it.

So, Xur. Please bring the Titan Crest of Alpha Lupi with a high stat roll. I want it because it looks good and I want to make more orbs. I want to make all the orbs.

You guys are missing the point. There are many people on the board that are not liking the game at it's current state. All I'm saying is to make your own choice whether or not you want to continue to play the game, there is always going to be a community here at DGAF.

I understand what you meant. I always restrict the opinions of a post to only the poster him/herself. Sure it would have been more accurate to say "I want a break" but that's how I interpret any post, I guess.

For example, if I'm critical of the Crota fight that doesn't mean I'm trying to speak for anyone else. Other people can and will feel differently so I never intend to tell people how they should feel about something, even if it comes off that way at times. I'll never stop playing Destiny completely, even if interest wanes between "expansions." The degree of re-invigoration is up to Bungie and the quality of content they release.

I have no doubt they understand the mistakes they made with TDB and are watching the community closely. I don't spend much time on reddit but it's clear many responses are similar there. Every fan of the game is eager to see how Bungie responds with HoW and I know I'm rooting like hell for them to succeed with flying colors.

I have no doubt I'll be part of DGAF for the next 9.5 years as long as our community support is met in kind by the developers and publishers.

Transistor is on my short list for game of the year last year. So good. SO GOOD.

Yeah it looks awesome and Bastion was great. I mean, we can agree on some things occasionally. :)

Bloodborne. Action RPG coming to PS4.

PbMhe5I.gif

I'm so on the fence with this game DGAF, mind giving me the pros and cons of this? It was not on my list at all for 2015 but I'm hearing the hype.

Transistor is free next month? Fuck yes, I knew I was holding out for a reason.

Top Bottom