• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

EL CUCO

i dont think one piece of armor really counts as grinding. i've done the swapping too but then sometimes i'll forget to swap back and will be doing HM crota as a 31 without realizing it. rather just have one option to sidestep the whole issue.
But then you'd pick up less heavy without it.

I forget to switch back too sometimes. It happens often. We just need to remember.

You guys are missing the point. There are many people on the board that are not liking the game at it's current state. All I'm saying is to make your own choice whether or not you want to continue to play the game, there is always going to be a community here at DGAF.
Lolol maybe it's just me that's the vocal hypocritical prick :p but really tho I am decreasing my game time since I have literally everything ;) but I will help Dgaf whenever I can.

E92 M3

Somebody put the Gjallarhorn in here lol

fprN3tV.jpg

Sullichin

In crucible, I think HMG > all else. You give me a thunderlord with ammo, and I will get 5 to 10 kills with it every time. So strong.
Yeah I agree. Thunderlord is amazing. I usually use an exotic HC though and go with Harms Way or Against All Odds. My old Zombie Apocalypse with Field Scout is still one of the best Crucible heavies I've used too.

I was hoping Thunderlord had a special perk that chained lightning between enemies while I shot. I'm almost done leveling it up naturally (just using it and equipping it for Eris bounties). It tears through flesh of the darkness. I'm hoping that it can be more viable with dealing with raid/strike bosses but it doesn't seem like anyone uses HMG for that.

hydruxo

Have you guys seen this? Someone made a timer app for Crota on DestinyTracker. It tells you when Crota is moving and you can press 'wipe' to reset the time back to the beginning.

Yeah I agree. Thunderlord is amazing. I usually use an exotic HC though and go with Harms Way or Against All Odds. My old Zombie Apocalypse with Field Scout is still one of the best Crucible heavies I've used too.
I replaced my Zombie Apocalypse with Against All Odds. I like AAO's slower fire and heavier punch. 3-4 shots and I can down a Guardian. It's like they never even know what hit 'em! :D

Yeah. I don't know why VoG couldn't have just gotten a level 32 hard version that dropped level 32 raid gear and 331 raid weapons. Then VoG would still be viable beyond the gorgon checkpoint and Atheon.

Well I know why, but just saying.

Yes that would be nice if they did that. Having more than one raid to do at a time. It would also be cool if you could get to 32 with either VOG or Crota gear, but you get bonuses if you have a set. just things that would make the game deeper instead of adding more and more upgrade materials. I feel like the game is expanding in the wrong direction. Would much prefer depth in loot, crafting, and abilities than just adding more and more materials and other forms of currencies for us to grind.

I've also cut down significantly since CE came out. I just don't find the need to play anymore. I have every VOG weapon, every exotic weapon minus the crux, and now I have all CE primaries (missing the HoC but I have 3 gjallarhorns). I wish bungie had added more exotic weapons with CE. I would have also liked more frequent legendary weapon drops and at least a couple of new weapon perks. There's also the issue with armor. Once you get the raid armor, all other armor in the game is basically irrelevant for pve. For PVP it's useful but outside of that its all just a waste. I hope bungie fixes these issues if they want we to return to this game. At this point I might be playing once or twice a week only so I can spend some time with my destiny friends. I try playing alone and I just can't do it.

Feorax

As a Christmas kinderguardian, is there any point in running VoG either normal or HM, or is all the loot in CE superior?

Pretty much, but;

A. Vault of Glass is a far superior, much more fun Raid.

B. You still get the chance of updated exotics, such as the VoG-exclusive Vex Mythoclast.

Deku Tree

As a Christmas kinderguardian, is there any point in running VoG either normal or HM, or is all the loot in CE superior?

I try to grab the Gorgons CP each week and try to do Gorgons HM 3x and Atheon HM 3x. Its fun and it doesn't take too long if you have a decent group and you have a chance at Exotic Weapons dropping.

Sullichin

I was hoping Thunderlord had a special perk that chained lightning between enemies while I shot. I'm almost done leveling it up naturally (just using it and equipping it for Eris bounties). It tears through flesh of the darkness. I'm hoping that it can be more viable with dealing with raid/strike bosses but it doesn't seem like anyone uses HMG for that.

It does have a firefly-like AOE lightning effect that can proc on any kill. It's my go-to heavy for all ROC strikes. I pop a heavy and pretty much use it as a primary weapon. It's good for bosses as well but if I had a Gjallarhorn I'd probably switch to that for the boss. But the game will never give me one.

zewone

In Crucible, I find Grenades and Horseshoes to be much more useful than standard tracking. You can't beat G&H + Trueseeker with Truth though.

Nothing beat grenades and horseshoes.

Tracking is hardly neccesary in PVP, but Truth is the best PVP launcher, but not worth an exotic slot.

I use a Steel Oracle with G&H, Spray and Play, and Velocity upgrade.
It destroys all. The only launcher that trumps it is Truth.

LiK

A Titan dancing in a bubble = best Boomer duty possible. #TitanMasterRace

it's definitely the easiest strategy against them. I think a second Titan should do the other side if possible cuz you can still shoot from the back of the bubble for DPS.

Top Bottom