• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

Messiek

TL;DR : They identified the issue causing the heavy ammo bug, it's deep in the code and that means fixing it may cause other problems.
Thankfully they found a way to fix it, coming late feb.

Namikaze1

Well, I'm glad they updated us a bit on the whole heavy ammo thing. As for more space, DeeJ is still saying the same thing: we hear you, guys!

Deku Tree

I'm an engineer so I understand code like that can be hard to fix but what it really sounds like is they had 500 people working on different sections and they ended up with sphagetti code where if you touch one thing you touch everything. That does not bode well for bug fixes, I imagine the team is rewriting a lot of modules for Comet to make it easier to patch.

I take everything that Deej says with a huge grain of salt. Not sure if he really even understands what's going on or he is just trying to sell some "story" designed for public consumption so that we "understand" why the heavy ammo big hasn't been fixed yet...

Main points of the update:

1. A fix for the Heavy Ammo bug is aimed to be deployed before the end of February.
2. Comment on Vault Space:
"We know you want more room in your Vaults for your favorite weapons. We know how much you want it. We want that for you. It's a think we're talking about. New game features take time to build. Hang in there, and hope for the future."

Deku Tree

TL;DR : They identified the issue causing the heavy ammo bug, it's deep in the code and that means fixing it may cause other problems.
Thankfully they found a way to fix it, coming late feb.

LATE FEB??? HORRIBLE!!! They are saving everything for some feel good, good will patch just before HoW I guess...

Frostburn

Any VOG runs going on? HM Atheon, full clears, Gorgon checkpoints, Gatekeeper NM farming?

I am flat Glimmer broke after leveling several weapons and a helm or two this week. And I'd still like all the possible shots at Exotic drops from VoG for a chance at getting a Ghorn.

moris

and we're full.

1. Ourobolus
2. Ms1582
3. Dante316
4. Ty_84
5. Gibbshift
6. Firewalkr

join on ms1582. we're starting soon

someday

Banned
Look look it says right there on the form! :D

Thank you, you're the only one that did it but at least I know it's working! :D

I'm worried I don't know SpecX and weremichael's PSN IDs. I know I have SpecX on my friends list for sure though...
It sure is right there...See you at 6 unless you're too into Dying Light. That game is a lot of fun.

Looking to start Fresh Crota raid at 8 cst tonight on PS4. Got 3 so far. We're a fun talkative bunch so we'd love some others with spunk to join in.

1. Vincent Alexander
2. Héro of the Day
3. Jack's Dogs

Quote and sign yourself up if interested.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
It sure is right there...See you at 6 unless you're too into Dying Light. That game is a lot of fun.
I'll be playing it until Raidin' Time! :) It's a blast, right up my alley.

I wonder if the fix they're implementing will only impact the Heavy Ammo perk.

Messiek

LATE FEB??? HORRIBLE!!! They are saving everything for some feel good, good will patch just before HoW I guess...

It's all part of the master plan . House of wolves would increase vault space from the beginning and now it's so convenient, #4ThePlayers .

Bungie <3

Kaiken

Banned

They should compensate with free heavy ammo synth. I went through more heavy ammo in just the release of HMC than any other two weeks since launch.

quick question about levels..

say you're doing vog hard as a level 32.. that isn't any advantage over doing it as a level 31 or 30 right?

as long as you're level with the enemy the damage you're going to do is capped?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Any VOG runs going on? HM Atheon, full clears, Gorgon checkpoints, Gatekeeper NM farming?

I am flat Glimmer broke after leveling several weapons and a helm or two this week. And I'd still like all the possible shots at Exotic drops from VoG for a chance at getting a Ghorn.

I'll do some glimmer farming before I do my CE raiding tonight. Irawr is supposed to give me the check.

Eight hundred words to say that the heavy ammo bug will be fixed by the end of February.

xpectd.gif

Steroyd

Hmmm you can clear the cache by switching it off completely eh?

Yay they're a whole month off getting to the heavy ammo bug, money's on a patch will hit a week before the next expansion to make us all happy, then make some stupid decision that will piss us off 2 days later.

Frostburn

I'll do some glimmer farming before I do my CE raiding tonight. Irawr is supposed to give me the check.

Great! Toss an invite if you get it and I'll join you. It's a bit dangerous to be broke right before Xur (Though I think I only have one Exotic upgrade left - Plan C).

hydruxo

At least heavy ammo will be fixed before HoW I guess. Still sucks it's a month away but I can understand them not wanting to screw things up even more.

Bring us synths tomorrow, Xur!

Steroyd

say you're doing vog hard as a level 32.. that isn't any advantage over doing it as a level 31 or 30 right?

The damage caps off but I think you take less and less damage from the enemy every level up, at least it sure feels that way.

kidko

I'm still fuzzy on this too. I've heard so many conflicting things

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hmmm you can clear the cache by switching it off completely eh?

Yay they're a whole month off getting to the heavy ammo bug, money's on a patch will hit a week before the next expansion to make us all happy, then make some stupid decision that will piss us off 2 days later.
don't be ridiculous ;P

Top Bottom