• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

Hmmm you can clear the cache by switching it off completely eh?

Yay they're a whole month off getting to the heavy ammo bug, money's on a patch will hit a week before the next expansion to make us all happy, then make some stupid decision that will piss us off 2 days later.

All weapons made obsolete. No more upgrades for exotics.

lunlunqq

Just tried it out. Wheee incredible rate of fire. Dat recoil though. I can see why it's top tier, but seems like it requires a lot of skill to account for that recoil, skill I'm not sure I have
Wait until you unlock the signature perk. It increases the stability of gun significantly.

lt519

HM Crota Kill:

1. Rarbusto, 32 titan or hunter
2. Jrocca, 32 titan
3. AdamKoy ??

Experienced sword bearer would preferred

Frostburn

I've never glimmer farmed, but I'd love to join if someone would show me the ropes? I think I have 100 glimmer....so I could use a bit more :p

If Kadey gets the CP feel free to join us, takes 30 seconds to explain in game but basically its the GateKeeper on Normal in VoG, we run in and make a loop around the chamber going left to right killing all the yellow mobs with a Polyphage active and then die. Rinse and repeat for about 750-950 glimmer per run (If everyone sticks together to get credit for the kills).

The damage caps off but I think you take less and less damage from the enemy every level up, at least it sure feels that way.

i guess that makes sense

but as level 32 you can still get hit pretty hard even when doing level 26 strike playlists

so i'm confused

mostly i was just curious if i could level up VOG raid gear and wear it when doing VOG just for kicks as wearing level 32 gear wouldn't give me any additional boost

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
quick question about levels..

say you're doing vog hard as a level 32.. that isn't any advantage over doing it as a level 31 or 30 right?

as long as you're level with the enemy the damage you're going to do is capped?
I'm still fuzzy on this too. I've heard so many conflicting things
Allow me to quell your fuzziness:

There is a slight advantage, borderline negligible in my experience of many many runs of both Hard and Normal VoG.

You will not do any more damage, at all. Being "at level" means you are doing as much damage as you can possibly do.
You will take less damage, not because of your level, but because being level 31 or 32 means you necessarily have a higher Defense rating.

So you might take another shot or two before dying, which certainly can save your life. But it's not a big difference.
mostly i was just curious if i could level up VOG raid gear and wear it when doing VOG just for kicks as wearing level 32 gear wouldn't give me any additional boost
Go nuts.

kidko

i guess that makes sense

but as level 32 you can still get hit pretty hard even when doing level 26 strike playlists

so i'm confused

Regarding that part- I've heard that the scaling caps at 2 levels in either direction. That's why level 2 dregs in cosmodrome can still fuck you up... they'll be doing level 30 damage to you if yoy're 32

Frostburn

i guess that makes sense

so i'm confused

You do not level up gear much in VOG (Weapons or armor) except for a few select spots, but being 32 seems to help me slightly over level 30. Could just be in my head though

bitsurugi

BTW, Bungie weekly update is up.

Promise of heavy ammo glitch fixing....

MAYBE by the end of February...

That's all of relevance i noticed, tbh, kinda disappointed.

Oh and they follow reddit and the cheese videos but that we do already know...

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I've never glimmer farmed, but I'd love to join if someone would show me the ropes? I think I have 100 glimmer....so I could use a bit more :p

Kadey1up and just join. Kill things, pop polymajig, rinse and repeat. 40+ minutes later = Maxed out glimmer + benefits.

Actually anybody wants to farm now just join in.

Ambitious

xpectd.gif

And apparently more vault space is a "new feature" which "takes time to build".

You do not level up gear much in VOG (Weapons or armor) except for a few select spots, but being 32 seems to help me slightly over level 30. Could just be in my head though

i meant leveling up the gear through bounties or whatever and wearing it for the raid

basically i have a ton of ass shards and i'm running out of stuff to upgrade lol

Loving how they dedicated a huge part of their weekly stuff for the heavy ammo "glitch"

Also

DeeJ 26
Before anyone asks: We know you want more room in your Vaults for your favorite weapons. We know how much you want it. We want that for you. It's a think we're talking about. New game features take time to build. Hang in there, and hope for the future.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
The damage you deal out is capped; but you will have better defense as a lvl 32. That's still a major advantage.
It really isn't, in my opinion. Or.. let me give some context for people to judge how big a difference it is: if you're level 29 fighting a level 30 enemy, you'll take way more damage from that enemy than you would at 30. At 32, you'll take slightly less damage than you would at 30 from that same enemy, even though it's a 2 level difference compared to 1.
I think he meant level stuff up outside to wear while running it. But nah it's not in your head, it's just slight, as you've described.

Maybe a good way to put it, if you have people underleveled in the party, the group is at a major disadvantage and needs every bit of help it can get to compensate, so throw on your 32 gear. If everyone in the party is 30 or higher, the effect isn't even worth considering.

Top Bottom