• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

Forgot to save the video again. Fffff

Any other sword users feel like they're leaving a massive amount of damage on the table just to play it safe around enrage? When everyone has rockets I almost feel like going for 5 R2s every time, but stop at 14 cumulative just to be safe. It's stifling not having a lab/raid firing range of some sort. Two swords looks so easy, but I don't want to waste time others' time and ammo practicing.

Nah, I've been running sword a ton the past two weeks and 5 R2s is too hard to get consistently. The amount of time Crota spends on his knees feels like its variable based on lag, so you're better of with a steady 4 R2s. Better to be consistent and kill him on the first try than go for more damage and suffer through a few wipes when Crota smacks your invisible-too-late butt.

In order to kill him in two swords you'd need 3 out of 4 perfect downs, which just isn't feasible most of the time. When going for a 2-sword kill I've had better luck sending a bubble titan with me to get a super hit on 3 downs/1 sword.

Lima

Is everyone still using 18 R2s to down crota? Is there any better method?

Was never the best method. Use the combo R1,R1,R2. Repeat and finish with R2 slam at the end. Most damage you can do. I also like leading with R1 and then canceling the animation with R2 and do 4x R2 total. So R1,4xR2 then blink strike him.

The R1 does 7,5k so if you hit it both times it is as if you hit him with an additional R2 for a total of 9 R2's in one sword. This allows you to finish him off in two swords before Ogres without triple downing him on the first sword.

Trakan

Was never the best method. Use the combo R1,R1,R2. Repeat and finish with R2 slam at the end. Most damage you can do. I also like leading with R1 and then canceling the animation with R2 and do 4x R2 total. So R1,4xR2 then blink strike him.

The R1 does 7,5k so if you hit it both times it is as if you hit him with an additional R2 for a total of 9 R2's in one sword. This allows you to finish him off in two swords before Ogres without triple downing him on the first sword.

I did two R1>R1>R2s on normal, but that seems too risky on hard. I know to do 6 R2s across 3 swords to kill him during enrage with the final 3 R2s. How does it work doing R1>R1>R2 and then another R2?

Anyone want to go through to gorgon chest from Templar on Hard. I have the Templar checkpoint. My PSN is kortez1981.

1. kortez1981

Quote and add yourself.

Lima

I did two R1>R1>R2s on normal, but that seems too risky on hard. I know to do 6 R2s across 3 swords to kill him during enrage with the final 3 R2s. How does it work doing R1>R1>R2 and then another R2?

You have to be right on him obviously and have to start the combo when his shield is depleted before he starts his kneeling animation. Gives you enough time to do the combo twice and finish with an R2 slam. If you don't want to avoid Ogres it really doesn't matter what kind of attack you do. Even all R1's would do the job. Btw why would that be too risky on hard? His animations lasts exactly as long as on normal.

PSN Frost-Fiend

I told iRaw ealier that I had the check point at the Wizards on Crota Hard mode. I'm looking to either beat the wizards and crota on hard or start over with other players and go threw the whole thing on normal mode. I don't care either way. I just want to get everything I can for that character. After I'll also like to run the weekly with a couple of players.

I need to take care of the family but will be on in a couple of hours.

Trakan

You have to be right on him obviously and have to start the combo when his shield is depleted before he starts his kneeling animation. Gives you enough time to do the combo twice and finish with an R2 slam. If you don't want to avoid Ogres it really doesn't matter what kind of attack you do. Even all R1's would do the job. Btw why would that be too risky on hard? His animations lasts exactly as long as on normal.

We seem to run into way more bugs on hard. So if I do two combos and a slam, how many does it take to finish him?

M3Rocket

I think the "easiest safest" method for the swordbearer is: 3xR2 per kneel, 2xkneels per sword, enrage on 14/15th R2 on 5th kneel, kill on 6th. It's less pressure and can easily be done with all classes of swordbearer.

CREMSteve

I'm getting ready to board a flight home, so I won't be on for probably 3-4 hours, but if you see me online tonight, I'm definitely interested in raiding the full HMs for VoG or CE, so toss me an invite if you need a Titan.

StrykerIsland

VinFTW

Yeah digital rarely goes on sale or down in price.

Sucks :( I'll see if my local home-run game shop has it in store.

Really want to try VoG again and these new PvP playlists without supers sound fun. Also want to do the 2v2 playlist (is that a thing? Saw it on Twitch).

Smh at that weekly update.

Fuuuuuuuuuck

Like 7 paragraphs to tell us it will be another month before the heavy ammo bug is fixed.

Aaaaaand that's pretty much it.

No patch incoming, no word on vault space, Crota glitches etc. Yeeeeesh

Top Bottom