• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

Mindlog

Was never the best method. Use the combo R1,R1,R2. Repeat and finish with R2 slam at the end. Most damage you can do. I also like leading with R1 and then canceling the animation with R2 and do 4x R2 total. So R1,4xR2 then blink strike him.

The R1 does 7,5k so if you hit it both times it is as if you hit him with an additional R2 for a total of 9 R2's in one sword. This allows you to finish him off in two swords before Ogres without triple downing him on the first sword.
The big advantage with sticking to R2s is how easy it is to keep track of damage.
Never bothered looking for the exact numbers for some reason, but this was posted a couple days ago.
Sword damage from a level 32:

Slash - 7201
Combo (final hit) - 12601
Smash - 15301
Super - 18001

Crota dies after 18 smashes (275418 damage).

Crota dies after 16 smashes and one super (262817 damage).

14 smashes will not cause enrage (214214 damage).

13 smashes and one super will cause enrage (216914 damage).

Crota has more than 260117 health (17 smashes) but less than 262817 (16 smashes, 1 super).

Crota enrages after 214214 damage but before 216914 damage.

Crota enrages at more than 16.61% but less than 18.49% (using abolute max/min from the above numbers).

He most likely enrages at 1/6 (16.67%) health.

My preferred pattern is:

Sword 1: 3 smashes + 3 smashes
Sword 2: 3 smashes + 3 smashes
Sword 3: 2 smashes + 2 smashes, 1 super

This will cause him to not enrage until your final round with the sword.
I'm going to try for 1R1 into 4R2s next time. It looks so easy to get after my past two kills. Heavy 4x -> Super Smash may be even safer.

Lima

The big advantage with sticking to R2s is how easy it is to keep track of damage.
Never bothered looking for the exact numbers for some reason, but this was posted a couple days ago.

I'm going to try for 1R1 into 4R2s next time. It looks so easy to get after my past two kills. Heavy 4x -> Super Smash may be even safer.

We always try to kill him in two swords so keeping track of damage is not something I'm looking for. We do try to get the super with the first sword though. Leading with R1 and doing 4xR2 and then canceling the last R2 with the super is the most damage I've done to him in one kneel.

All right guys, raiding with two of my RL friends. Need three people to join along.

Normal Crota's End!

1. SlenderBeans
2. Friend
3. Friend
4. ???
5. ???
6. ???

I'm going on my Level 31 Hunter, so I can be Swordbearer if needed. If a 32 is joining and would rather be Swordbearer at Crota that is fine as well.

raindoc

Helped friends with Templar HM because they still don't have a Fatebringer. Got my second one.

Also finally broke the 400 Ascendant Shards mark. Once I reach 1000, I'll throw a party.

Offering Gorgon HM checkpoint

2 VoG hard clears down, one to go. Got 4 if anyone wants to run one right now. Running whole thing. You're welcome to swap at Gorgon chest, just asking for one full completion.

lunlunqq

All right guys, raiding with two of my RL friends. Need three people to join along.

Normal Crota's End!

1. SlenderBeans
2. Friend
3. Friend
4. ???
5. ???
6. ???

I'm going on my Level 31 Hunter, so I can be Swordbearer if needed. If a 32 is joining and would rather be Swordbearer at Crota that is fine as well.

I'd like to join if a spot is still available. PSN: lunlunqq

Dazzler

Normal Crota's End!

1. SlenderBeans
2. Friend
3. Friend
4. ???
5. ???
6. ???

can I get in on that? Can bring a 30 warlock or 31 titan, both need to run Crota this weekend

Xur better have an engram to sell. And for the love of god, let it be something other than helmets!

I need some of that heavy. . if he has chest engram I might farm the Eris mission on one of my alt to get 10 motes to afford it. I don't know how some people have 300+ motes, you guys are killing it. I barely have 30 at a time.

Strikes I go NOPE.gif in and leave to orbit (sorry guys):

Undying Mind
Dust Palace

They take way too long and are extremely hard compared to the other strikes, not worth my time when I'm grinding for exp and engrams/drops.

I don't understand why all of the PS exclusive strikes are a pain in the ass.

raindoc

I need some of that heavy. if he has chest engram I might farm the Eris mission on one of my alt to get 10 motes to afford it. I don't know how some people have 300+ motes, you guys are killing it. I barely have 30 at a time.

112 coins and 84 MoL. And last week I bought 7 helm engrams to get Saint-14.

I can join if the spot is open. No mic but I've done it a bunch of times.

PSN GriP17-

Sounds good! I'll start sending out invites soon.

All right. Friend requests sent to Kinezo, deafmedal1, and Grip17-. I'm going to get my kid out of the bath and into bed, then I'll be on. I'll be sitting at orbit for now, so feel free to join when you're ready.

112 coins and 84 MoL. And last week I bought 7 helm engrams to get Saint-14.

How do you normally get all of your motes? I wish there was a "farming" method.

I'm hoping Xur sells that helmet soon, I will be making a Titan in like a week and I would love to have that helmet ready for it.

All green bars, with me as host on the sword... Crota still being a huge bitch. Wouldn't drop when he should and then getting up way too fast, as if the game was counting the time he was supposed to be down as actual kneeling time. Fuck this fight for real.

Despite that garbage, still f'ed him up good. Great job and congrats 7thAssassin (Crux!), Wicked, JDirty, SoulClap and Branaghs. They key to victory was Phaethon joining party chat...

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Omg blue engram turned into Badger CCL!

:D

It has Who's Next and Rangefinder as perks. Arguably the two worst perks in the game...especially for a scout rifle.

:mad:

realcZk

Day 4 without Destiny:

As the handle of woodford reserve reaches the halfway point the desire to login and shoot aliens is stronger than ever. I know I must continue to abstain from this addiction. By the time I actually play again on Friday I expect it will be glorious.

All green bars, with me as host on the sword... Crota still being a huge bitch. Wouldn't drop when he should and then getting up way too fast, as if the game was counting the time he was supposed to be down as actual kneeling time. Fuck this fight for real.

Despite that garbage, still f'ed him up good. Great job and congrats 7thAssassin (Crux!), Wicked, JDirty, SoulClap and Branaghs. They key to victory was Phaethon joining party chat...

Doing another one driz? Babies sleeping and I finally got time

coy

Day 4 without Destiny:

As the handle of woodford reserve reaches the halfway point the desire to login and shoot aliens is stronger than ever. I know I must continue to abstain from this addiction. By the time I actually play again on Friday I expect it will be glorious.

Stay strong, brother.

*powers on PS4*

Thanks for the leading the Gjallarhorny Fartbringers Drizzay. All those glitches, I couldn't deal with dat shiat.

hF6WErA.jpg

Doing another one driz? Babies sleeping and I finally got time

Sure, if there are enough for a team to go soon I'll hop back on. Just doing some dishes etc. but will keep an eye on the thread.

Thanks for the leading the Gjallarhorny Fartbringers Drizzay. All those glitches, I couldn't deal with dat shiat.

Of all the people in party chat who were not actually playing... you were the most valuable.

But seriously: the encounter design is the thing that's broken more than anything. As much as I want to believe there are tricks to fixing certain things sometimes it just doesn't matter what you do and he will be a bitch regardless.

Top Bottom