• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

Yeah I understand what you're saying and thanks for helping, I definitely appreciate the input, but sadly that's not the issue either. I don't really stay behind him in the normal example, he stands and is looking right at me. I'm sure I can find some other examples, both normal and bs that would have slightly different details but there's something glitched out about his immune stand-up response due to the ethernet hotfix patch.

I've got a few examples from "shield break team" perspective as well. If I find more time I'm trying to go through a lot of the saved videos and figure it out.

I still think a lot of these Raid glitches are lag induced. These particular encounters just happen to make the lag more punishing since the margin for error is so much smaller.

Like last night when we did Crota hard. There was one time the sword bearer was killed before Crota stood up? Or if he did stand up, the Sword bearer was already way outside the sword range and I didn't even seen a Crota sword animation, just kneeling. Everyone "sees" something a little different and the game clock and the on screen animations are not synched between players, causing this to be a huge pain in the ass.

I am a shade under 300 hours and I always feel like I can't keep up with the Jones's. I can only reasonably play 2 characters in a week.

The Jonses are assholes, forget about them. A third character is surprisingly easy once you get him to Lv20 (especially if you've been lucky enough to have some legendary and/or exotic armor for that class already). Obviously that part sucks but just do a few easy bounties and story missions on the highest difficulty and it goes surprisingly quickly. Buy an exotic head or chest so you only need one commendation plus the marks to get all 4 pieces of gear. Then you can just run the main content each week (NF, weekly, raid(s)) and spend less time on the other characters.

But obviously don't bother unless it sounds like fun to have 3 characters.

Frostburn

Yeah I understand what you're saying and thanks for helping, I definitely appreciate the input, but sadly that's not the issue either. I don't really stay behind him in the normal example, he stands and is looking right at me. I'm sure I can find some other examples, both normal and bs that would have slightly different details but there's something glitched out about his immune stand-up response due to the ethernet hotfix patch.

I've got a few examples from "shield break team" perspective as well. If I find more time I'm trying to go through a lot of the saved videos and figure it out.

Yeah the fact that it can still happen sucks, definitely not your fault. My suggestion was just a way to combat the crappy code/bugs in HM Crota. Hopefully they are working on some fixes but I have my doubts :(

I don't know who was playing with my brother and I tonight (Hero_1985_ and VincentAlexander) but, shit was awesome. No one wanted to be the sword wielder. One dude finally spoke up saying he had done it once with little success, so we put him on it. Finished Crota in two swords, first try. Fastest I've seen yet. It was a magical moment of cheering, especially coming from last week when it took us probably two hours to beat crota. This week the entire run took us about 40 minutes tops.

Xion385

GAF, I need suggestions.

I need a Legendary Heavy Weapon from the Vanguard Quartermaster. I'm choosing between Harm's way and One Way Ticket. Thoughts?

A legendary primary purple engram gave me two ass SHARDS. That makes sense

I still can't believe they haven't changed this. It makes no sense. It just takes choice away from you. If it's a weapon I don't want then I'll dismantle it. Don't give me energy or shards straight away.

Blues and greens don't decrypt to materials, exotics don't decrypt into shards. Why do purple. It just sucks when you finally get a legendary engram and it decrypts into materials.

Though weapon engrams decrypting into shards is something I haven't seen before Lol

Damn! Got my first LDR, and it was via from ranking up Cryptarch.

Double Down (on spawn may gain more ammo), Firefly, sendit/perfect balance, solar.
Almost got the shooting through crap!

The Jonses are assholes, forget about them. A third character is surprisingly easy once you get him to Lv20 (especially if you've been lucky enough to have some legendary and/or exotic armor for that class already). Obviously that part sucks but just do a few easy bounties and story missions on the highest difficulty and it goes surprisingly quickly. Buy an exotic head or chest so you only need one commendation plus the marks to get all 4 pieces of gear. Then you can just run the main content each week (NF, weekly, raid(s)) and spend less time on the other characters.

But obviously don't bother unless it sounds like fun to have 3 characters.

I have been vaulting Titan gear I get through RNG so I have enough loot to get it to high 20's quickly. My biggest problem is actually Mats. Probably a problem no one else has or scratches their head at how I got here. I don't know.

I am spending every damn mark on Destination mats right now and have for a few weeks, both my main and 2nd character are running on empty for class mats. I just had to buy and dismantle 25 headpieces from the Vanguard Quartermaster today for my Warlock to upgrade 1 node on guantlets.

My hunter is 32 so things should start accumulating now and my Warlock still has more to go, but my goal is to stockpile between now and HoW so that mats are no longer an issue. Starting a 3rd character will just prolong my mat starvation.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
If you want in send me a message in game. Or be on my PSN list.

I'm sitting here waiting to solo the Abyss so if you haven't done it, free goodies.

LordofPwn

Well damn. I think I just had my most badass moment in Destiny. Video coming soon. Only my 3rd Hard Crota sword kill, and I don't think I can top what I was able to pull off.

I still think a lot of these Raid glitches are lag induced. These particular encounters just happen to make the lag more punishing since the margin for error is so much smaller.

Like last night when we did Crota hard. There was one time the sword bearer was killed before Crota stood up? .

Yeah definitely true. It's really hard to differentiate lag vs. glitch or if the lag causes glitches, etc. etc. I was host both our runs tonight and still had consistent nonsense.

From our runs last night:

Kinda hard to see in shitty gif form. I guess C-bags shot him but our sword guy died for literally no reason on my screen:
KeLW11.gif

Insta-stand kills. Maybe could have left earlier but still not normal:
vpjrVN.gif

yoAPVV.gif

CREMSteve

I'm getting ready to board a flight home, so I won't be on for probably 3-4 hours, but if you see me online tonight, I'm definitely interested in raiding the full HMs for VoG or CE, so toss me an invite if you need a Titan.

StrykerIsland
Gah, I finally got home and I'm bagged. No Destiny for me tonight.

Yeah the fact that it can still happen sucks, definitely not your fault. My suggestion was just a way to combat the crappy code/bugs in HM Crota. Hopefully they are working on some fixes but I have my doubts :(

Yeah I feel you, the whole reason I like to save videos and go through them is to try and break stuff down and figure out what really happened, as much as possible. I'll try to find some more examples and see how much consistency I can notice with different elements. Definitely want to minimize possibilities of getting screwed by this stuff. Thanks!

Drizzay, wanna try two-manning Crota on NM?

I will definitely be up for it but really need to do life stuff for a bit, gotta get off Gaf! haha If you are still on when I get back I will hit you up for sure.

Do people still do flawless runs? I still need the trophy.

Yes at least on PS4. Normal Crota's End is silly easy, I think I've done 5 by now? It takes maybe an hour, two hours tops if the typical glitches pop up at the worst times.

PSN is DrDrizzay101, I know there are some other folks around here who still want to do it, we can probably find some time.

LiK

Yeah I feel you, the whole reason I like to save videos and go through them is to try and break stuff down and figure out what really happened, as much as possible. I'll try to find some more examples and see how much consistency I can notice with different elements. Definitely want to minimize possibilities of getting screwed by this stuff. Thanks!

I will definitely be up for it but really need to do life stuff for a bit, gotta get off Gaf! haha If you are still on when I get back I will hit you up for sure.

Probably not, getting late. Maybe tomorrow

ethomaz

Banned
If you want in send me a message in game. Or be on my PSN list.

I'm sitting here waiting to solo the Abyss so if you haven't done it, free goodies.
Thanks but I finally did with the Qwell's group... did in one shot... amazing.

Word of Crota is mine.

Top Bottom