• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

phen0m24

If they gave Dragon's Breath tracking and made the solar grenade stick (or make it stick or unstick perk chooser thing) it would be an exotic worth looking at.

It wouldn't break PVP at all cause everyone would already be dead from the rocket and the grenade can just hang there cause there is nothing to stick to.

They should make it have rocket damage and then a napalm like effect. Like a red vestige, or a fire "aftermath" effect like the Titan smash.

Could be used offensively or defensively.

Hyun Sai

If they gave Dragon's Breath tracking and made the solar grenade stick (or make it stick or unstick perk chooser thing) it would be an exotic worth looking at.

It wouldn't break PVP at all cause everyone would already be dead from the rocket and the grenade can just hang there cause there is nothing to stick to.

Even without tracking, the duration of the grenade is too damn short. It should be at least the duration with sunbros gloves.

I don't even talk about the velocity which is ridiculous for a non tracking. It should be maxed.

It isnt hard to make this RL relevant without being broken, but I'm sure the "balancing" team, if there is any, understand nothing about weapon balance.

R0ckman

I appreciate him describing the bug, as a coder myself, it lets me give them the benefit of the doubt. Hopefully in the next game they come up with an ordering process that is more efficient. To be honest, it really isn't fun trying to fix order process bugs, especially if you didn't create the code. It's hard working for people that expect you to be a super genius to the point of reading other people's minds, there are many ways to code things, so I can't 100% know the problem immediately, people always come to me saying "it's broken, fix it!" Thinking I have some kind of magic wand that will solve the issue. I can surely fix bugs to programs I create by myself but if it's with a effort of a group or a legacy program, it's going to be a lot more difficult.

Solar Flare needs to be fixed in general. The only time it is effective is if you can pin enemies against something, or use it as a "car wash" for enemies to run through as they come out of a door. It should have a vacuum/black hole effect where it pulls enemies in closer to it. This works amazingly well in BL2 and D3 with similar DoT supers/abilities. It is such a worthless DoT as it stands because mobs just take one step to the side and never get damaged by it.

Deku Tree

Yeah it's pretty trash for an exotic. I wouldn't spend a single coin on it. Chances are you'll probably get it on a drop anyways. It seems pretty common.

Any other Legendary RL with tracking is better, IMO. Hunger of Crota is great. He should try aiming for that one.

I've been aiming for HoC since Dec. 9 and I've beaten normal crota 3x a week since TDB launch... :(

EL CUCO

Dragons Breath could use the following buff:
-increased velocity
-Proximity detonation
-incinerating effect to anything solar flare touches
I've been aiming for HoC since Dec. 9 and I've beaten normal crota 3x a week since TDB launch... :(
Yeah that sucks :(
I'm glad you got Ghorn now

E92 M3

hqdefault.jpg

stb

I appreciate him describing the bug, as a coder myself, it lets me give them the benefit of the doubt. Hopefully in the next game they come up with an ordering process that is more efficient. To be honest, it really isn't fun trying to fix order process bugs, especially if you didn't create the code. It's hard working for people that expect you to be a super genius to the point of reading other people's minds, there are many ways to code things, so I can't 100% know the problem immediately, people always come to me saying "it's broken, fix it!" Thinking I have some kind of magic wand that will solve the issue. I can surely fix bugs to programs I create by myself but if it's with a effort of a group or a legacy program, it's going to be a lot more difficult.

I appreciate the description, but, at the same time, it's not rocket science to parse stacked multipliers to keep them within acceptable ranges. I also don't understand why they'd be doing math to calculate total amount of ammo you can carry then storing how much of that ammo you have as a percentage instead of an integer. That seems like the CRUX of the problem. *rimshot*

That, or it's an ordering problem, but not with the multipliers. If you say "the character died with 50% of the ammo this rocket launcher holds", THEN do the multipliers to determine what the total available was, you're gonna get a different value than if you mathed the total available first, then the percentage. Dollars to donuts this is what's happening. They're applying the percentage of the rocket laucher's default total ammo size when you respawn THEN calculating what the total size can be going foward, not calculating the adjusted total ammo size then giving you the percentage you had of that when you died.

If I think of it, I'll test that. Should be simple to test with a single weapon OR armor that grants bonus heavy ammo capacity.

Qwell

Yah I have only gotten HoC once, would love at least another one. Black Hammer on the other hand, I got 3x the first week and then I have dismantled at least another 2 or 3 of them.

LiK

We both died close to Omnigul, so Dhruv left to rejoin the game. The other guy used his ghorn to kill her in seconds after he left. :lol

same thing happened in a Roc strike last night with Xplicit and a random. we both died but the random killed her. she had a sliver of life left. never ever leave.

R0ckman

I appreciate the description, but, at the same time, it's not rocket science to parse stacked multipliers to keep them within acceptable ranges. I also don't understand why they'd be doing math to calculate total amount of ammo you can carry then storing how much of that ammo you have as a percentage instead of an integer. That seems like the CRUX of the problem. *rimshot*

That, or it's an ordering problem, but not with the multipliers. If you say "the character died with 50% of the ammo this rocket launcher holds", THEN do the multipliers to determine what the total available was, you're gonna get a different value than if you mathed the total available first, then the percentage. Dollars to donuts this is what's happening. They're applying the percentage of the rocket laucher's default total ammo size when you respawn THEN calculating what the total size can be going foward, not calculating the adjusted total ammo size then giving you the percentage you had of that when you died.

If I think of it, I'll test that. Should be simple to test with a single weapon OR armor that grants bonus heavy ammo capacity.

This actually sounds like what they are doing and what I first thought was going on when the bug was being brought into the light.

What if I'm trying to kill Crota and my alternative is a 224 blue rocket launcher?
If you are trying to kill Crota, I would assume your fireteam does have the proper dps to down him fast enough even if youre using a blue rocket launcher. If Crota is moving, you will most likely miss your shot anyways and if it does hit, he would move away. Or you would be on knight duty. If you have Ice Breaker, that works alot better. But its up to you in the end. Just saying I would recommend saving your strange coins if you dont have alot.

MildSoss

So bungie acknowledged that the heavy ammo bug and that they're working on getting it fixed yet they can't bother to throw us a bone and have xur sell some heavy synths to make up for us keep losing heavy every time we wipe.

Fucking ridiculous.

Jinjo

If you're PVP focused then you're definitely looking for Inmost Light, Saint-14, or Armamentarium.

Actually, the Mark 44 Stand Aside are pretty good in PvP too. Arguably better than inmost light for the Striker Titan. Actually, skullfort might be better than inmost light too since with skullfort you can go for the extended lightning grenade/aftermath build without losing transfusion.

Shoulder Charge whoring all day every day!

Shito

This actually sounds like what they are doing and what I first thought was going on when the bug was being brought into the light.
Yep.
Questions are: why the need to recompute this value instead of storing it somewhere that is not erased by a respawn, and why would it only happen on heavy weapons but not on primary and secondary?
The second question is what is making me suspect that their code is probably a little bit messy right now. ^^

I'm planning to do a runthrough of Crota's End normal from the Deathsinger to Crota and then immediately a new hard run at 7:30 EST. Anyone want in? Need four.

Rymuth

Sorry about the less than stellar performance, Dhurv. Was marathoning Shadow Warrior and I played like i had two left hands. :p

Top Bottom