• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

realcZk

Is dragon's breath any good? Thinking of picking it up from cur since I'm still rocking my blue rocket launcher all the way from level 20.

It's alright.... I really don't think it's worth the exotic slot. I assume you have the Ice Breaker you could use instead? The problem with Dragon's Breath is its low velocity and lack of tracking, making a moving target pretty impossible to hit. It's alright on anything thats fairly stationary as the flare damage ticks will net you more DPS than some other rocket launchers.

I think if It just had tracking it would be much better.

hydruxo

I'm not going to rag on Deej because I am sure he is limited in what he can actually say. I'm sure if he was allowed to, he would be telling us more but Bungie is a secretive lot and until they realize that games like this don't lend themselves to secrecy and mystery and keeping people in the dark about systems until a magazine or website can reveal it, nothing is going to change content-wise.

That said!

Dude really needs some editing to his posts. Just give us the info we want to know as clear as possible with a little flair. It doesn't need to be NoFunAllowed.jpg but when you say SO much but have SO little actual content, it only serves to piss people off. Just to critique this particular update which was a perfect example:

Bolded = Should be completely excised.
Italicized = Truncate to a sentence or so

Just give us the meat.

Now contrast that kind of update with the way Killer Instinct handles theirs. Here's an example of the last one:

Little friendly intro. Then straight in to the deluge of valuable info presented in a way that sounds like a natural conversation without getting too cute with Cirque de Bungie asides. That post also ends with almost 20 relevant questions from the community with straightforward transparent answers to each one. And they do it that way every week.

Now again, I don't blame Deej for the actual content, but it would be nice if he could not make it seem like he's just trying to fill a word quota. If there's not much to say in a given week, then keep it short and sweet. You guys aren't fooling anyone. And if you need space to fill, give us more Dev interviews explaining stuff like this week's update. It's nice to hear that you're talking about certain fixes, but people would be a lot more understanding if you told us WHY it's so hard to add vault space etc. They want proof that they've been heard beyond numerous, toothless vague posts of "We hear you". They want an actual dialogue instead of scraps. That's how you'll foster a healthy community that will have your back even in low times.

Agree wholeheartedly. I know that's just Deej's writing style and personality but his updates get a little too long winded.

Omni

I bought a few of those rocket launcher telemetries

What's the best way to use them? I got a jellyhorn yesterday. Since Xur isn't selling heavy ammo, I can't just kill a bunch of thrall over and over or something for exp xD

(seriously wtf bungie. I have 100 coins I wanted to spend on ammo this week)

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Me, gimmie a few mins
fake edit: Top of the page >_< braces for post police
NF right? Please gimme 5 mins, cheesing bridge right now lol

What's the best way to use them? I got a jellyhorn yesterday. Since Xur isn't selling heavy ammo, I can't just kill a bunch of thrall over and over or something for exp xD

Use one when turning in bounties. Have jellyhorn equipped.

Complete all your bounties for the day, pop the telemetry, turn in the bounties. Repeat for any alts you have an it'll get to wolfpack rounds really fast. It took me like 2 days to max mine.

Have 10 completed bounties and a daily PE package. Pop telemetry, turn them all in and then grab a few more bounties that can be completed quickly before the time expires. Don't bother with the daily story mission as it doesn't give weapon xp.

stb

Any point in keeping The Swarm (void) if I have Corrective Measure?

Does anyone have even anecdotal feedback on how frequently Foil drops at Oracles? It's the last VoG item I need.

EL CUCO

It has low velocity and without tracking, in addition most adds will back away from the solar flare. Its not worth an exotic slot IMO
Yeah it's pretty trash for an exotic. I wouldn't spend a single coin on it. Chances are you'll probably get it on a drop anyways. It seems pretty common.

Any other Legendary RL with tracking is better, IMO. Hunger of Crota is great. He should try aiming for that one.

I'm not going to rag on Deej because I am sure he is limited in what he can actually say. I'm sure if he was allowed to, he would be telling us more but Bungie is a secretive lot and until they realize that games like this don't lend themselves to secrecy and mystery and keeping people in the dark about systems until a magazine or website can reveal it, nothing is going to change content-wise.

That said!

Dude really needs some editing to his posts. Just give us the info we want to know as clear as possible with a little flair. It doesn't need to be NoFunAllowed.jpg but when you say SO much but have SO little actual content, it only serves to piss people off. Just to critique this particular update which was a perfect example:

Bolded = Should be completely excised.
Italicized = Truncate to a sentence or so

Just give us the meat.

Now contrast that kind of update with the way Killer Instinct handles theirs. Here's an example of the last one:

Little friendly intro. Then straight in to the deluge of valuable info presented in a way that sounds like a natural conversation without getting too cute with Cirque de Bungie asides. That post also ends with almost 20 relevant questions from the community with straightforward transparent answers to each one. And they do it that way every week.

Now again, I don't blame Deej for the actual content, but it would be nice if he could not make it seem like he's just trying to fill a word quota. If there's not much to say in a given week, then keep it short and sweet. You guys aren't fooling anyone. And if you need space to fill, give us more Dev interviews explaining stuff like this week's update. It's nice to hear that you're talking about certain fixes, but people would be a lot more understanding if you told us WHY it's so hard to add vault space etc. They want proof that they've been heard beyond numerous, toothless vague posts of "We hear you". They want an actual dialogue instead of scraps. That's how you'll foster a healthy community that will have your back even in low times.
Great post! I also really miss Frankie's Weekly Update 'cause they'd always make me laugh out loud.

LTWood12

Does anyone have even anecdotal feedback on how frequently Foil drops at Oracles? It's the last VoG item I need.

Seems like it hardly ever drops. Only seen it drop once (I happened to be the one to get it). I've done the Oracles probably 10 times on hard.

E92 M3

I only got it last week and been playing since the beginning.

R0ckman

My reaction to my Xur checkin:

76895-grandpa-simpson.gif

WipedOut

Not sure either, only seen it drop for someone a handful of times. I just finally got it the other week. Still missing timepiece.

gdt

If they gave Dragon's Breath tracking and made the solar grenade stick (or make it stick or unstick perk chooser thing) it would be an exotic worth looking at.

It wouldn't break PVP at all cause everyone would already be dead from the rocket and the grenade can just hang there cause there is nothing to stick to.

phen0m24

Assuming Swarm = 331, then 331 Swarm > 300 CM

I still keep my CM for the VoG because of Oracle Disruptor, though.

gdt

I wouldn't destroy raid weapons. Though space is seriously getting tight. Full right now have to start branching out to my characters spaces. And trashing weapons I get with shorty perks.

stb

Thanks for the Foil anecdotes, even if they aren't encouraging.

Assuming Swarm = 331, then 331 Swarm > 300 CM

I still keep mine for the VoG because of Oracle Disruptor, though.

It's the OG Swarm, so 300. I'm gonna go ahead and take this to mean that I should keep CM.

A 331 void MG would be a luxury item; the 300 Swarm has been doing its job acceptably for me, and I don't have the vault space to keep a 331 void MG on me and CM in the vault for VoG runs. Maybe when they expand the vault I'll look at a 331 void MG. Is this still vendored?

I wouldn't destroy raid weapons. Though space is seriously getting tight. Full right now have to start branching out to my characters spaces. And trashing weapons I get with shorty perks.

Yeah, I'm trying to talk myself into trashing the Swarm. I don't want to kill any raid weapons that aren't dupes, and they're both 300 damage. I've just had it for so long I'm a little attached to it. Same with my 300 scout.

I'm gonna start a hunter this weekend both for the trophy and to use as an extended vault.

Top Bottom