• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

Ghorn being the last exotic you need is pretty unlucky. You are far likelier to get dupes at that point.

Keep ya head up tho!

It's the last exotic that I need as well. I don't have all of them... but I've either passed up or sharded all the others at some point in time.

ARGH.

WipedOut

keep_calm_and_pray_for_gjallarhorn_1.png

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
So bungie acknowledged that the heavy ammo bug and that they're working on getting it fixed yet they can't bother to throw us a bone and have xur sell some heavy synths to make up for us keep losing heavy every time we wipe.

Fucking ridiculous.

They could gain such good graces, by having a "% off" sale @ Gunsmith
Poor Gunsmith =/

How about dropping Heavy Weapon packs to 500 Glimmer till bug issue is fixed
At least it would be close to a 2:1 from the original
Dropping and Farming 20,000 Glimmer for 40 Heavy Synths packs is not that bad, getting roughly 20 for the same price is!

Seriously you would think they would make NPC vendors be more active with sales, discounts, refreshes every few days that change the weapon rolls (all RNG please!)
Even sneak in a Flash Sale randomly for stuff
How about netting yourself the weapon you've been eying at vendor for 100 marks rather than the 150 requirement, something to keep things active alive

Seriously, the Tower is borderline complacent until an expansion refresh and after a few days of new shinnies it wears off
How about those Patrols we do that have certain Factions asking you to do stuff, add a counter to each faction also
Do 3 Dead Orbit or other faction patrols on the same planet patrol, net yourself +1 to the counter, then have goodies at certain thresholds we can go buy from them
Nothing crazy, but say shaders/ships/sparrows
Keep them a little high so no one can grind out all the goodies in a weeks worth of time
Like +50 Faction Commendations for a shader, the very rare one get bumped up +25 each, so like the best would be +100
Ship like +300
Sparrow +150

So to get a ship you have to complete like 900 Dead Orbit sanctioned patrols, will take awhile

That means players would do more patrols and hoping to hit a certain faction threshold for stuff, making some of the old mundane new again

Ryck

Anyone wanna try Templar on hard x3? Gonna try for the Fatebringer. Got the cp yesterday from iRawr so I just need 5 brave souls who desperately want a Fatebringer and are willing to take 3 stabs at it.

Quote me and add yourselves gentlemen. (Or lady)
1. Ryck007

spyder_ur

I've got a pre-Exotic-update (300) Thorn bounty on my Titan and a post update (331) bounty on my Warlock, both are stopped at the PvP part of it. I really need to get back on that.

I'm not even too terrible at PvP, I just never quite feel like doing them.

I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter when you received it. If you complete it now, you'll get the 331 version.

E92 M3

They could gain such good graces, by having a "% off" sale @ Gunsmith
Poor Gunsmith =/

How about dropping Heavy Weapon packs to 500 Glimmer till bug issue is fixed
At least it would be close to a 2:1 from the original
Dropping and Farming 20,000 Glimmer for 40 Heavy Synths packs is not that bad, getting roughly 20 for the same price is!

Seriously you would think they would make NPC vendors be more active with sales, discounts, refreshes every few days that change the weapon rolls (all RNG please!)
Even sneak in a Flash Sale randomly for stuff
How about netting yourself the weapon you've been eying at vendor for 100 marks rather than the 150 requirement, something to keep things active alive

Seriously, the Tower is borderline complacent until an expansion refresh and after a few days of new shinnies it wears off
How about those Patrols we do that have certain Factions asking you to do stuff, add a counter to each faction also
Do 3 Dead Orbit or other faction patrols on the same planet patrol, net yourself +1 to the counter, then have goodies at certain thresholds we can go buy from them
Nothing crazy, but say shaders/ships/sparrows
Keep them a little high so no one can grind out all the goodies in a weeks worth of time
Like +50 Faction Commendations for a shader, the very rare one get bumped up +25 each, so like the best would be +100
Ship like +300
Sparrow +150

So to get a ship you have to complete like 900 Dead Orbit sanctioned patrols, will take awhile

That means players would do more patrols and hoping to hit a certain faction threshold for stuff, making some of the old mundane new again

YES, I've been saying forever how the vendors need to have sales and Bungie should have some fun with the inventory. It just comes down to them not caring about that - we didn't even get any special decorations for the holidays.

Lima

Let me get this straight. I still don't have the Black Hammer but in order to get it I'll have to play CE on Normal? Hard won't drop this at all?

No if you play straight on hard you can get it. Remember double drops and all. They also seemingly fixed it this time around so you get one drop from normal and one from hard and not double hard drops like in VoG.

No if you play straight on hard you can get it. Remember double drops and all. They also seemingly fixed it this time around so you get one drop from normal and one from hard and not double hard drops like in VoG.

I have yet to see anyone get anything besides primaries from Hard Mode Crota.

ethomaz

Banned
Anyone wanna try Templar on hard x3? Gonna try for the Fatebringer. Got the cp yesterday from iRawr so I just need 5 brave souls who desperately want a Fatebringer and are willing to take 3 stabs at it.

1. Ryck007
You can count with me ;)

Ethomaz

Namikaze1

Guys, it's time to face the truth. Xur Bungie will never sell Gjallarhorn again. I'm sorry but deep down you know it to be true. It's time to accept that.

Now if you'll excuse me, I must return to my Gjallarhorn'ing duties

LiK

I haven't seen a single person get Normal weapon drops in HM at all. Played with over half a dozen groups in two weeks.

EL CUCO

Have you seen or heard of anybody getting a special/heavy weapon on hardmode Crota? I sure haven't.

We went through normal last night really quick because of that reason. 4/6 got weapons. In all our hardmode clears, the "normal roll" seems to always be Rad matts.

Namikaze1

I haven't seen a single person get Normal weapon drops in HM at all. Played with over half a dozen groups in two weeks.
You get jack shit if you complete hard mode first. If any of you want Black Hammer, do normal first and then hard mode. Completing hard mode first fucks up your chances.

I dont know what to tell if you cant see the big man from just about anywhere in the arena

except when he diecided to come in side and smack you rawr!
Tired of getting killed from behind? This was my scrub level before unlocking the target marker
ml0ZnO.gif

Every since I unlock the target marker, I am no longer getting killed from behind such as Crota coming into the crystal room and chasing me off the bridge. The target marker has this Guardian lord approval!

Jrmint

I wonder if the first week Hawkmoon and MC are available to Xbox if they'll have Xur sell those. I hope so since Hawkmoon has still eluded me and I hope that week would be the last time I'd have to wait until.

1. Ryck007

Don't need fatebringer but I'll help. Send request when ready. Psn: ruthlesbarbarian

Anyone have a gorgon cp?

Yes.

EL CUCO

I wonder if the first week Hawkmoon and MC are available to Xbox if they'll have Xur sell those. I hope so since Hawkmoon has still eluded me and I hope that week would be the last time I'd have to wait until.
Definitely not. Bungie knows about Hawkmoon hype and will make Boners put their grind in before they sell it.

Gotta chase that carrot

LiK

You get jack shit if you complete hard mode first. If any of you want Black Hammer, do normal first and then hard mode. Completing hard mode first fucks up your chances.

Yea, I want Hunger so I'll be playing NM after reset next week. Fuck HM

Jainc78

Banned

1. Ryck007

I have two 32s who will help Psn skatelivelearn

E92 M3

Unless Bungie gaurantees one normal and one hard drop, you guys don't want the chance for there to be 2 normal drops on Hard Crota. That was one of the worst things about VOG. One of the reasons I still don't have the Fatebringer :(

Tired of getting killed from behind? This was my scrub level before unlocking the target marker

Every since I unlock the target marker, I am no longer getting killed from behind such as Crota coming into the crystal room and chasing me off the bridge. The target marker has this Guardian lord approval!

I don't understand. How does the target marker help you notice anyone behind you? What am I missing from this thing?

Ruze789

I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter when you received it. If you complete it now, you'll get the 331 version.

That is great to hear, all this time I've been assuming it would give me a 300 one.

I was mainly planning on completing duplicate exotic bounties for the shard, but maybe ending up with multiple 331 Thorns I'd just keep em.
My Titan and Warlock both have Thorn, Bad Juju and Invective bounties taking up bounty space.

noomi

I have been after since since the start of the game, honestly I will be a little sad if when I get it it will be through Xur.... it will take all the hype away :/

Still want that fucker though.

I do think once exclusivity is up it will sell, along with monte carlo, and 4th horeman.

Namikaze1

It's gonna be Monte Carlo first. Bungie knows the Hawkmoon is the Gjallarhorn of Handcannons in that it is the most sought after exotic Handcannon. You think they're just gonna put it up the first week it's is available on Xbox after all the hype from the PS folks?

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
So I leveled up my Warlock to Rank 4 for Eris awhile back, got Emblem + Class Item...

Now I got my Titan to Rank 4, nothing?
What gives?
Only 1 Emblem/Class Item per account and not character

Really wanted to roll with 3 Eris emblems and have all 3 class items freebees from Eris

Ryck

Templar Hard Mode x3

1. Ryck007
2. Ethomaz
3. ruthlesbarbarian
4. skatelivelearn
5. skatelivelearn's friend

We can probably roll with these 5, but we have room for one more.

Im in orbit now: Ryck007 ( but I'll be away from my Ps4 for about 5 min or so)

DNAbro

Templar Hard Mode x3

1. Ryck007
2. Ethomaz
3. ruthlesbarbarian
4. skatelivelearn

i've never done it but do you mind if i come in?

i would only do one though.

EDIT:Actually sorry i realize i can't do it now.

GRIP

so normal crota has been generous but hard crota is being a dick. got the helm on my titan 2 weeks now and no fang still.

Normal Crota has been a stingy fuck to me. 5 swordbreakers and the pulse rife in over a dozen clears. No Black Hammer or HoC. Actually, normal mode in general has been a real pain for me in terms of drops.

I just need to vent about how insane/stupid their spawn system is.

You initialize a value as a % of a capacity without declaring the capacity first? What? If you're carrying through the fraction of ammo, why not carry through the count?

They succeeded very well in explaining why this is a hard bug to fix. They also succeeded in making it sound like no body every thought through their code. Which is more worrisome.

Also, I'm disappointed that the weekly update didn't pick up or expand on Luke's comments here on GAF. Luke's post was the best update we've ever had post-DLC and it's sad to see Bungie doesn't care to make it official and visible.

Navid

Templar Hard Mode x3

1. Ryck007
2. Ethomaz
3. ruthlesbarbarian
4. skatelivelearn

Happy to join in and help if you still have space..?

Top Bottom