• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

LTWood12

If crota doesn't enrage after 14 smashes (R2) but does after 13 and a super his enrage is between 214,214 - 216,914 damage we'll say the point of which he enrages is after 215,000. unless he does enrage after 14 in which case it's 210,000. I still have his HP at 262,500.

So using Double Bubble Trouble™ you only need 4 downs with 2 swords to kill crota.

Here's me running sword as a warlock doing Double Bubble Trouble™
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SH9z008H9Vc
we essentially do it with 2.5 swords.

I love that strategy, but I've yet to run it successfully w/ a group. Boomer Bubble Boogie works so well that usually that's what the fireteam wants to do. Bubble Trouble sure makes it easier for the swordbearer though.

Sure, but Bungie has had (and still does) an opportunity to do these things in DLC and the expected Comet expansion. If after all of this Bungie hasn't shown they can tell a decent story in Destiny, why would I think they suddenly could in Destiny 2? If they can't add in more varied guns and gameplay mechanics, why would I think they can by Destiny 2? If they can't prove that they can create unique looking bosses and more unique gameplay mechanics, why would I think they can with Destiny 2?

Bungie needs to prove they are capable of doing the many things fans want/expect in Destiny 2. I'm not going to assume they will figure it out. Fortunately they are in a position where they can prove they are capable of doing these things and more of they do it in their upcoming DLC and Comet expansion. But I'm no longer giving them the benefit of the doubt, and I don't think anybody else should.

There's also the issue with resources. Do they have the time/money to make significant changes to the formula?

So I got melee'd from this distance.

imRGoiBQ8sY0r.gif

star-trek-mind-blown_zps9370f83f.gif

I'm sorry there is no logical amount of lag to account for that, I never even got melee'd once in the entire match, AAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!

I need to fucking chill after that shitfest of a match.
if you look at the ground it looks like the hunter did a R2 shockwave attack. it probably hit you. it appears after your rocket hits the ground, so it might just be the explosion of the rocket making an effect, though

Navy Bean

Wow I am the complete opposite. I only recently made a 2nd character because having to slog through the "campaign" was something I did not wish to repeat. It took me like 2 straight days, and it was brutal. I even skipped the last two story missions because I had already gotten to 20 by then. I don't see myself doing it again any time soon

The first 8-10 levels are brutally tedious. Then it seems you can pretty quickly get to level 20 doing other activities like strikes, bounties, crucible etc. (Might start a Titan soon and trying to talk myself into it lol).

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
What I wonder is if Bungie believes all of the negativity surrounding the gas me, especially from its most active players, will not hurt potential sales of the franchise going forward.
What they'll care about much more than how much negativity there is, is how remaining DLC sells. Based on the picture you are painting of how Bungie has failed and the degree of change you are looking for (if indeed you consider it an unfinished game), you personally should absolutely abstain from buying any more DLC releases. Sales/money, playtime metrics, community activity level, content of community complaints, in descending order; that's what matters to them.

Destiny 2 would have show so spectacularly well for it to come close to selling as much as Destiny 1, let alone eclipse it.
It'll be an interesting event with huge industry implications, no matter the outcome.

Sure, but Bungie has had (and still does) an opportunity to do these things in DLC and the expected Comet expansion. If after all of this Bungie hasn't shown they can tell a decent story in Destiny, why would I think they suddenly could in Destiny 2? If they can't add in more varied guns and gameplay mechanics, why would I think they can by Destiny 2? If they can't prove that they can create unique looking bosses and more unique gameplay mechanics, why would I think they can with Destiny 2?

Bungie needs to prove they are capable of doing the many things fans want/expect in Destiny 2. I'm not going to assume they will figure it out. Fortunately they are in a position where they can prove they are capable of doing these things and more of they do it in their upcoming DLC and Comet expansion. But I'm no longer giving them the benefit of the doubt, and I don't think anybody else should.

Biggest Difference between Destiny 1 & Destiny 2? Destiny 2 won't have to support 360, PS3. Seriously, Destiny has complete feature parity on 10 year old systems with 512MB of RAM. (PS4 has 16GB). It's best to think of Destiny as a last-gen game with a current gen port that's fast & pretty. That's why there's no real clan system. That's why the vault hasn't been increased. That's why you can't view your rep in the menu. They don't have the memory for these things without spending huge amounts of time optimizing and trying to eek it out.

Destiny 2 will be the first current-gen only version. The sky's the limit.

E92 M3

Xur is a good way to guarantee exotics but maybe he should have a selection of gear that you can only get from him. Like the weapons you can only get from exotic weapon bounties

Yeah, we had this discussion many times...I've resolved to just accepting that it is how it is. My main interests are always raid acquisitions anyway.

Think I might finally make a Hunter this weekend. After all the glimmer farming I'm going to have to do to afford getting my Warlock to 32, I'm going to need a change of pace. The early game is extremely tedious though. Especially on the third go around I imagine.

LiK

Think I might finally make a Hunter this weekend. After all the glimmer farming I'm going to have to do to afford getting my Warlock to 32, I'm going to need a change of pace. The early game is extremely tedious though. Especially on the third go around I imagine.

second time was bad. third is almost unbearable. the worst is suffering through the unskippable cutscenes.

joecanada

Biggest Difference between Destiny 1 & Destiny 2? Destiny 2 won't have to support 360, PS3. Seriously, Destiny has complete feature parity on 10 year old systems with 512MB of RAM. (PS4 has 16GB). It's best to think of Destiny as a last-gen game with a current gen port that's fast & pretty. That's why there's no real clan system. That's why the vault hasn't been increased. That's why you can't view your rep in the menu. They don't have the memory for these things without spending huge amounts of time optimizing and trying to eek it out.

I want to believe that but willing to bet no more than 50 dollars on it ( as opposed to the 99 I spent this time)

LiK

All three of my characters have been sticking with Dead Orbit class items and still not a single shader drop. Depresses me.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
How are you liking Dying Light so far? I am on the fence about it (with Destiny and all being my favorite child). I don't need a full review... just a couple sentences on your overall thoughts or whatever...

feel free to do a longer review as well... you know I'll read it.
It's fantastic. Basically, if the concept appeals to you ("open world parkour and zombie killing sandbox") there's a <5% chance you won't love it. If it doesn't, it won't do anything to win you over. I'm actually typing up a legit review (I'll link to my post in its OT) right now since I finally did some co-op. even though I'm still fairly early I think my opinion of it can only either improve or stay the same from this point.

hydruxo

So I got melee'd from this distance.

imRGoiBQ8sY0r.gif

star-trek-mind-blown_zps9370f83f.gif

I'm sorry there is no logical amount of lag to account for that, I never even got melee'd once in the entire match, AAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!

I need to fucking chill after that shitfest of a match.

Looks like you got hit by a Bladedancer with Razor's Edge bro, no lag there.

second time was bad. third is almost unbearable. the worst is suffering through the unskippable cutscenes.

Yeah, my first alt sat at level 7 for the longest time because of it. Not looking forward to it again lol.

I think a lot of people forget how true this is. I guarantee you a lot of the technical issues we have with the game can be traced back to requiring feature parity on last gen consoles.

RemiLP

I think they are more then capable. But dumbed down this game to apeal to a broder audiens. A 10 year old can pick up this game and master it just fine. So i dont think we will see some changes in the next destiny. There is no way these missions and patrols is the best bungie got, no way.

gatti-man

You're absolutely right. But I think Bungie is already all in on the sequel. Tdb seems like an afterthought and I doubt HoW will feel any different. Maybe comet but I don't have my hopes very high at all.

LordofPwn

I love that strategy, but I've yet to run it successfully w/ a group. Boomer Bubble Boogie works so well that usually that's what the fireteam wants to do. Bubble Trouble sure makes it easier for the swordbearer though.

It's the easiest strategy imo. also a lot more interesting than doing middle or left.

Also to the other nerds like me (looking at you Bougester) I've now got a spreadsheet that can do a damage check on crota. if anyone wants it they can have it.

Deku Tree

The HM Crota instant stand up early and melee which often happens during Auto Enrage is the worst glitch in the HM Crota fight. It's like you struggle to beat him, and you deal with all sorts of glitches, and then your right on the verge of taking him down, and he just jumps up and slashes your Samarui and Crota is enraged and it's just an instant wipe seconds before he was about to go down and there is nothing you can do about it.

I feel like this particular bug was caused by the Anti-Disconnect-Cheese patch.
Makes a player want to stop playing HM Crota at least until the glitches are fixed.
And I hear so many people saying that.

I really like hard (very very hard) video games however in general the timing of the encounter is just required to be too tight and too perfect for an online game with a lot of lag glitches.

spyder_ur

It's all relative. A game with content that isn't in a working state is unfinished. A game that is severely lacking in content, to me, can still be considered unfinished. I've been playing since launch, so some of the updates crystallize that systems in the game were initially just there.

As far as post launch support, I have to strongly disagree. The game, especially in the raids, have had a laughable amount of bugs and glitches. Many of them still persist, some of which have become apparent since other bugs have been fixed. And it's not a case of Bungie isn't updating the game like I want them to, Bungie is taking to long to address obvious and valid issues the game has or simply ignoring them. If the game had a lot more content, or the content was less buggy, the issues wouldn't be nearly as bad. But each problem, each bug, each longstanding "fixable" issue the game has is compounded by the poor communication or lack thereof.

We can debate whether or not Destiny was unfinished when it shipped. But I have a hard time believing one could argue that their post game support hasn't been awful.

Yeah, I see your point. I just wouldn't use the word unfinished. Like you said, it's all relative and when I think unfinished I mean broken. Based on recent games Destiny (for me) wouldn't even sniff the top 10 of unfinished or broken games over the past year.

I don't totally agree with the post launch support, but I might not have the best perspective. Destiny is a first in some ways for me; the first game with MMO-like elements that I've really played and the first time I've really been involved in an online gaming community surrounding a game. As such (and based a bit on my personality) I'm probably a bit more generous with the game, even when being critical. And I don't have a ton to compare it to in terms of stuff like level mechanics, scaling, drops, etc. For example, I think I was the first one to post the news about how exotics would be upgraded come TDB. To me, it was kind of like "oh, that kind of sucks", not realizing exactly how upset people would get. But I don't fault people for feeling a bit more strongly than I at all.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
The HM Crota instant stand up early and melee which often happens during Auto Enrage is the worst glitch in the HM Crota fight. It's like you struggle to beat him, and you deal with all sorts of glitches, and then your right on the verge of taking him down, and he just jumps up and slashes your Samarui and Crota is enraged and it's just an instant wipe seconds before he was about to go down and there is nothing you can do about it.
If it's the last sword, have somebody
a titan
go up with them to take up the sword if that occurs, won't always work, but they can save it.

gatti-man

I feel this way too but what is stopping them from making a vault expansion ps4/X1 only feature? Or clan systems next generation only.

phen0m24

A 10 year old can pick up this game and master it just fine. So i dont think we will see some changes in the next destiny. There is no way these missions and patrols is the best bungie got, no way.

That I know is true. I've seen my 10 year old go 34-3 in the Crucible. Jaaz's son is a master swordsman. Hudson's boys? They are fearless! :)

I feel like this particular bug was caused by the Anti-Disconnect-Cheese patch.
Makes a player want to stop playing HM Crota at least until the glitches are fixed.

In general the timing of the encounter is just required to be too tight and too perfect for an online game with a lot of lag glitches.

I don't think there is anything more frustrating than this.

If crota doesn't enrage after 14 smashes (R2) but does after 13 and a super his enrage is between 214,214 - 216,914 damage we'll say the point of which he enrages is after 215,000. unless he does enrage after 14 in which case it's 210,000. I still have his HP at 262,500.

So using Double Bubble Trouble™ you only need 4 downs with 2 swords to kill crota.

Here's me running sword as a warlock doing Double Bubble Trouble™
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SH9z008H9Vc
we essentially do it with 2.5 swords.

Personally I don't think any combos with just R2s is efficient because recovery is just too damn long. We tried R1,R1,R2,R2,R2 and it worked better with some time to spare. Next time we're gonna try R1,R1,R2 twice and finish with R2 slam and make a proof of concept video.

Top Bottom