• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

Ruze789

Think I might finally make a Hunter this weekend. After all the glimmer farming I'm going to have to do to afford getting my Warlock to 32, I'm going to need a change of pace. The early game is extremely tedious though. Especially on the third go around I imagine.

The third one is definitely pretty rough. I still haven't finished the Mars story missions on my third (a Hunter), once I figured out how much better it was to just do all the bounties I could every day. I only needed to get it to 20, and went to 25 or 26 with some Hunter drops that my Warlock and Titan got.

I might go and finish them now though, since I've been playing as a Gunslinger the whole time and never thought to level up Bladedancer. I think I'll be picking up the Don't Touch Me gauntlets from Xur and try to become a stealthy ninja as quickly as I can.

Normal to hard carries over. Not the other way around though.

So we can get to crota on normal and then switch to hard mode and just start at crota?

The third one is definitely pretty rough. I still haven't finished the Mars story missions on my third (a Hunter), once I figured out how much better it was to just do all the bounties I could every day. I only needed to get it to 20, and went to 25 or 26 with some Hunter drops that my Warlock and Titan got.

I might go and finish them now though, since I've been playing as a Gunslinger the whole time and never thought to level up Bladedancer. I think I'll be picking up the Don't Touch Me gauntlets from Xur and try to become a stealthy ninja as quickly as I can.

Seems like don't touch me was just made for the first part of the raid. It's also cool cause it give your gunslinger stealth ninja abilities

LiK

The HM Crota instant stand up early and melee which often happens during Auto Enrage is the worst glitch in the HM Crota fight. It's like you struggle to beat him, and you deal with all sorts of glitches, and then your right on the verge of taking him down, and he just jumps up and slashes your Samarui and Crota is enraged and it's just an instant wipe seconds before he was about to go down and there is nothing you can do about it.

I feel like this particular bug was caused by the Anti-Disconnect-Cheese patch.
Makes a player want to stop playing HM Crota at least until the glitches are fixed.
And I hear so many people saying that.

I really like hard (very very hard) video games however in general the timing of the encounter is just required to be too tight and too perfect for an online game with a lot of lag glitches.

yep, their hotfix did something and it's annoying. CE was relatively fine before the patches.

Kaiken

Banned
Personally I don't think any combos with just R2s is efficient because recovery is just too damn long. We tried R1,R1,R2,R2,R2 and it worked better with some time to spare. Next time we're gonna try R1,R1,R2 twice and finish with R2 slam and make a proof of concept video.

This is what I do. Timing is a bit hard but this would finish him off with two swords. If you have time, down crota for a third kneel with the first sword for a quick combo and your second sword will have a sure kill.

zewone

The HM Crota instant stand up early and melee which often happens during Auto Enrage is the worst glitch in the HM Crota fight. It's like you struggle to beat him, and you deal with all sorts of glitches, and then your right on the verge of taking him down, and he just jumps up and slashes your Samarui and Crota is enraged and it's just an instant wipe seconds before he was about to go down and there is nothing you can do about it.

I feel like this particular bug was caused by the Anti-Disconnect-Cheese patch.
Makes a player want to stop playing HM Crota at least until the glitches are fixed.
And I hear so many people saying that.

I really like hard (very very hard) video games
however in general the timing of the encounter is just required to be too tight and too perfect for an online game with a lot of lag glitches.
You're going to like Bloodborne.

I think I've hit my wall on this game. I've collected everything there is to collect besides Saint 14 and Crota HM is far from fun.

Biggest Difference between Destiny 1 & Destiny 2? Destiny 2 won't have to support 360, PS3. Seriously, Destiny has complete feature parity on 10 year old systems with 512MB of RAM. (PS4 has 16GB). It's best to think of Destiny as a last-gen game with a current gen port that's fast & pretty. That's why there's no real clan system. That's why the vault hasn't been increased. That's why you can't view your rep in the menu. They don't have the memory for these things without spending huge amounts of time optimizing and trying to eek it out.

Destiny 2 will be the first current-gen only version. The sky's the limit.

That's fair. I hope Bungie pulls it off, because a FPS by the guys that made Halo with a MMO-like content structure for consoles is a super exciting idea. When I play Destiny now, I still get moments where it all comes together. Playing a raid for the first time is the best example.

When WoW first launched, it had a lot of potential too. Vanilla had its issues, but by Burning Crusade WoW became a juggernaut. It has a lot of content both in terms of end game content and story quests as well as secondary things. It was polished but varied. It fulfilled the potential the original showed.

Bungie is in a similar boat. It has amazing potential. What bothers me most is not the big things it got wrong because I can understand that the game likely was meant to launch a year later and that they also have to cater to last gen consoles. It sucks, but I understand. What bothers me is that with each small step forward they take with a piece of content or update, they take two back.

At the end of the day, what it boils down to is I think Bungie needs to put in a concerted effort to prove to fans that they can do more than what they have so far. More weapons, more enemy variety, more dungeon and raid variety, more mechanic variety. I also think they need to prove they are willing to invest the time and resources into fixing things/preventing things that shouldn't be prevalent. I know I'm going to sound like a broken record, but Xur not selling Heavy Ammo Synthesis is indicative of how little they are trying right now.

So I don't expect The House of Wolves or the Comet expansion to play like an entirely new game. But I do think it's important for them to try to make improvements. Otherwise, I have to have faith they can realize Destiny's potential in the sequel. And if they can't fix and prevent such nagging issues now, it's hard to have faith.

LTWood12

Yeah I need to keep doing normal at least twice a week on my Hunter and my Titan (1) because it's more fun and (2) because I still need armor and most importantly because (3) #ForeverNoHungerOfCrota

For sure. Seems like it's the best of the weapons I still need (Hunger, Word, OE, Shitcasm); but for some reason I feel compelled to get the Hard Mode weapons first.

ya I get that, I have called others out for that too my complaint was more lack of weapon choices, but really at this point xur should just sell mostly everything, the random thing is getting old now. it's not rare or exciting stuff.

dragons breath is just garbo, at least give it an elemental choice ? Like who would take fire element when there's gjallahorn?

... I'll never forget doing crota and one guy got dragons breath in the raid, he was like "sweet now I don't need a gjallahorn" everyone is like "wow congrats man (being polite)

then one guy I swear he said nothing the whole raid suddenly pipes up...

"dragons breath is like baby gjallahorn"

...silence....

everyone breaks out into laughter , making fun of the poor guy with his "baby gjallahorn" dude is totally bummed.

Genius. Make Dragon's Breath an Arc RL and its instantly more useful in certain situations.

TheOddOne

Still scratching my head on how I pulled off this Double Down.

animation1ouu5g.gif

coy

All three of my characters have been sticking with Dead Orbit class items and still not a single shader drop. Depresses me.

Do what I did and switch out two of them for other factions. The disappointment is more tolerable. Plus, different weapons to play around with if you're fortunate. Unless you want three Revenant which I completely understand.

LiK

Do what I did and switch out two of them for other factions. The disappointment is more tolerable. Plus, different weapons to play around with if you're fortunate. Unless you want three Revenant which I completely understand.

I do, I want a black shader. fuck Bungie and their RNG horseshit for fucking shaders,.

Ill join up for a full run.

Can a lvl 30 lock join?

I can help if is just HM Crota kill (I can farm him to get the crux right?)

I've got a Crota checkpoint if you'd like. You're on my friends list:SEBattleship

Hey, 32 Warlock requesting a spot

I'm in for hard crota Psn skatelivelearn 32 hunter

Add me too just crota

Got room for one more, 32 warlock? Haven't beat him on HM.

Xplicit I can go too. Macello

Alright seems to be a mix of just Crota and fresh, and not sure who all wants what. Yes you can farm Hard Crota for the Crux as well (supposedly)

I'll start with Crota and go from there. Can do lamps -> deathsinger after if we have enough.

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.
Alright seems to be a mix of just Crota and fresh, and not sure who all wants what. Yes you can farm Hard Crota for the Crux as well.

I'll start with Crota and go from there. Can do lamps -> deathsinger after if we have enough.

I need/can to do the full hard raid

Mindlog

Necrochasm...
The fuck?
Alright seems to be a mix of just Crota and fresh, and not sure who all wants what. Yes you can farm Hard Crota for the Crux as well.

If you need another in the middle stretch hit me up.
I've already killed Crota 3 times, but haven't bothered with the earlier sections on my alts.

Deku Tree

Has it been confirmed that you can do HM Crota over and over on the same toon each week and the Crux will drop even when your not getting loot from Crota? Like the Husk?

Top Bottom