• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

Yeah, I see your point. I just wouldn't use the word unfinished. Like you said, it's all relative and when I think unfinished I mean broken. Based on recent games Destiny (for me) wouldn't even sniff the top 10 of unfinished or broken games over the past year.

I don't totally agree with the post launch support, but I might not have the best perspective. Destiny is a first in some ways for me; the first game with MMO-like elements that I've really played and the first time I've really been involved in an online gaming community surrounding a game. As such (and based a bit on my personality) I'm probably a bit more generous with the game, even when being critical. And I don't have a ton to compare it to in terms of stuff like level mechanics, scaling, drops, etc. For example, I think I was the first one to post the news about how exotics would be upgraded come TDB. To me, it was kind of like "oh, that kind of sucks", not realizing exactly how upset people would get. But I don't fault people for feeling a bit more strongly than I at all.

Maybe I can give you some insight, or maybe I should say some perspective. Bungie saw how frustrated people were with having to farm materials like Spinmetal, Spirit Bloom, etc. Instead of playing the fun content of the game like raids and Night Falls, people were farming. After around three months, Bungie decided they would let players spend marks, which become almost meaningless once you start raiding, on these materials. Players rejoiced. Finally.

Then Bungie did something weird. They increased how much glimmer it cost to upgrade items as well as "fixing" some of the methods people used to farm glimmer like certain spots or missions where people would kill the Major/Ultra's and then kill themselves to repeat the situation. It was unnecessary. Then, they did something even more strange.

Whenever The Dark Below released, they made it possible to upgrade your exotics. This is important, because especially for armor light level is the most imports stay. It costs an inordinate amount to upgrade, 7-8k. Some might argue they didn't have to give the players an option to upgrade, but I find that notion hilariously wrong because how few exotics there would be at max level. Four weapons and three armor pieces per character?

So now what happens is of people want to upgrade a quality weapon of gun, they need to farm for glimmer. No big deal right? The perks are reset, so they have to farm experience and glimmer now that they've already dropped 8k for the upgrade. Instead of just playing the game, they have to farm. Again, Bungie has said numerous times that isn't their design goal.

So now Hard Mode Crota releases. Xur hasn't sold Heavy Ammo for 2 weeks (I think), so it's likely you are low trying to do Hard Mode for the first time. Between how difficult Crota is, how buggy he is, and how dependent the fight is on heavy, if you want to attempt the fight you are almost forced to farm glimmer. So let's recap:

You have to farm glimmer to upgrade an item, you have to farm glimmer to purchase expensive perks, and you have to farm glimmer to buy heavy ammo which is 1k for a single pack. Instead of making the game more accessible, which they were clearly trying to do buy allowing the player to buy materials, they made it just as farming dependent as ever.

That's not good post launch support. And that's just the changes they have made. The raids are still a buggy mess, and that should be a priority in this game. It's inexcusable to me.

milkham

Still scratching my head on how I pulled off this Double Down.

animation1ouu5g.gif

firefly or armor piercing on your sniper?

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.
Man, clash on Skyshock is almost more boring than rewatch the cutscenes of the missions again and again.

Who thought that this map was a good idea?

Howdy all. I'm wondering if there's anyone on here who consistently does well with the sword? I'd like to get better but it's hard to practice when you usually need 5 people using synths. Hopefully being host helps some as was discussed on reddit.

With that said, I'd like to do Crota HM on XB1 tonight if anyone's interested. It's kind of hard to follow on here so message me at GT: SeventhGear. I have two level 32 hunters if that helps.

Howdy all. I'm wondering if there's anyone on here who consistently does well with the sword? I'd like to get better but it's hard to practice when you usually need 5 people using synths. Hopefully being host helps some as was discussed on reddit.

With that said, I'd like to do Crota HM on XB1 tonight if anyone's interested. It's kind of hard to follow on here so message me at GT: SeventhGear. I have two level 32 hunters if that helps.

Hey just stating the majority of the users in this thread are PS4 players. However there are a decent amount of Xbox one players as well. There is a list somewhere..

Necrochasm is one of the worst exotics in the game.

It was doing really low damage in HM abyss. I couldn't contain the mobs and switched to Fatebringer

The cursed thrall explosion perk is also not the same blast. It is much smaller in comparison to an actual enemy one.

Steroyd

if you look at the ground it looks like the hunter did a R2 shockwave attack. it probably hit you. it appears after your rocket hits the ground, so it might just be the explosion of the rocket making an effect, though

Looks like you got hit by a Bladedancer with Razor's Edge bro, no lag there.

But my death screen actually says Storm fist, the activity feed on the left has the melee death symbol, and the highlighted person who caused it was a titan a million miles away, if I got hit by a hunter fair play, but I've never seen lag to mess with who killed me and how, not that something like that should surprise me.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Necrochasm is one of the worst exotics in the game.

It was doing really low damage in HM abyss. I couldn't contain the mobs and switched to Fatebringer

The cursed thrall explosion perk is also not the same blast. It is much smaller in comparison to an actual enemy one.

When a 300 Atheon's Epilogue outshines your 339 Necrochasm, shit is wrong...
Should be the most OP Gun for Raiding purposes

From Abyss till Deathsinger it should be the mainstay, then switched to your Legendary Primary + GHORN combo-wombo

I was really gonna chase after 3 Crux's for each character, now I'm thinking of just getting 1 for the hell of it and call it a day, so fucking pointless

It's like they put in sometime and balance into VoG Weapons, CE on the other hand is GARBAGE, only saving Grace is Black Hammer and Hunger of Crota

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.
Alright seems to be a mix of just Crota and fresh, and not sure who all wants what. Yes you can farm Hard Crota for the Crux as well (supposedly)

I'll start with Crota and go from there. Can do lamps -> deathsinger after if we have enough.

What do you decided to do?

When a 300 Atheon's Epilogue outshines your 339 Necrochasm, shit is wrong...
Should be the most OP Gun for Raiding purposes

From Abyss till Deathsinger it should be the mainstay, then switched to your Legendary Primary + GHORN combo-wombo

I was really gonna chase after 3 Crux's for each character, now I'm thinking of just getting 1 for the hell of it and call it a day, so fucking pointless

It's like they put in sometime and balance into VoG Weapons, CE on the other hand is GARBAGE, only saving Grace is Black Hammer and Hunger of Crota

Yeah the CE weapons are awful in comparison to VoG.

Light of the Abyss, Black Hammer and Fang of Ir Yut are the only ones I like. I will just be upgrading Abyss Defiant for the Wizard disorient perk and that's it.

I levelled Word of Crota too but there is no reason to use it if you have Fatebringer.

Mindlog

Yes, time to upgrade Crest of Alpha Lupe! Just have to log in to my Warlock. Drop my coins into the vault. Switch characters. Get Titan to the tower. Grab the coins and exotic shards. Equip the chest piece. Crap the upgrade has lower INT :\ Oh well, let's do this....

I need Glimmer.

But my death screen actually says Storm fist, the activity feed on the left has the melee death symbol, and the highlighted person who caused it was a titan a million miles away, if I got hit by a hunter fair play, but I've never seen lag to mess with who killed me and how, not that something like that should surprise me.
if it helps any your ping bar was red/empty and his lag bar was full/green (it doesn't)

Ruze789

Good point. I did notice that most people don't even specify which makes sense. I'll search around for the list, ty!

Here's what looks like the last updated one. There may be a few stray XBoners that didn't get added to the list within a page or two of this post.

Updated GAF XBOX ONE Destiny (& crota hm) list thus far;
XBone of Crota

- Liquidsnake00 (32 Hunter)
- randomraawr
- dmh33 (32 Warlock x2 [dirty])
- Korosenai (32 Hunter x3 [ninja level sword bearer])
- Tapiozona (32 Hunter)
- purg3 (32 Titan x3)
- Iceman829 (32 Hunter, 32 Warlock, 31 Titan)
- Homeboyd903 (32 Titan x3)
- TacticalFailure (32 Titan, 31 warlock, 31 hunter)
- yLEFTy (32 titan and hunter and 31 warlock)
- Mortalikus (32 Titan)
- Ev0lved1 (31 Titan)
- SimpleCRIPPLE (32 Titan(x2))
- Vince DiCola (32 Warlock, 31 Titan, 31 Hunter)
- Karl2177 (32 Hunter, 31 Titan, 31 Warlock)
- Macjester (31 Hunter, 31 Titan, 30 Warlock -- very soon 31)
- Toejam2501 (32 Warlocks x2, 31 Titan)
- Guitaratomik (Warlock 31 (Titan 31 soon))
- NJ Shlice (32 Warlock, 32 Titan, 31 Hunter)
- misterthirsty (32 Titan x2 and 31 warlock)
- rlench (30 Titan)
- justkelson (32 Titan, 31 Hunter (soon to be 32), 31 Warlock)
- Natural vV High (32 Hunter, 31 Titan)
- justkelson (32 Titan, 31 Hunter [soon to be 32], 31 Warlock)
- Alienoutsida (31 Warlock, 30 Titan, 30 Hunter) Titan and Hunter will both be 31 soon
- dmc spokane (32 Warlock/Titan/Hunter)
- Karg (32 Titan, 31 Hunter, 31 Warlock)
- Defyler (31 Hunter, 30 Titan)
- Ruze789 (31 Warlock, 30 Hunter & Titan *Changed this, my 30s were 29s when I posted)

Feel free to add everyone to your friend's lists.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
So far from the 2 raids combined weapon wise we have

VoG, CE
AR: Void, Solar
HC: Arc, Void
PR: Arc, Arc
SR: Solar, Arc
SG: Arc, Void
FR: Solar, Arc
SR: Void, Solar
LMG: Void, Arc
RL: Solar, Solar

So only PR and RL are the only 2 weapons to be the same element from the raid

So when HoW drops most likely:
AR: Arc
HC: Solar
PR: Arc (Again, lol), hoping the switch it to Void
SR: Void
SG: Solar
FR: Void
SR: Arc
LMG: Solar
RL: Solar (Again!, LOL), hoping it would be Arc

VoG has 3 Arc, 3 Void, 3 Solar
CE has 4 Arc, 2 Void, 3 Solar

Now I'm hoping HoW goes back to balance, as you can see 3 Arc, 3 Void, 3 Solar

What would people think about having seasons in Destiny, like in Diablo? Could be a good excuse to do the 1-20 again, which was pretty fun

That's kind of what Iron Banner is. I would hate doing 1-20 again. Hell no. Seasons meaning time-limited leaderboards; new events and achievements/leaderboards based on them; exclusive exotics related to those events that become generally available at the end of the season? Sign me up.

But in all seriousness, Bungie is in over their head. They can't even bring Queen's Wrath back. No way they can handle that.

noomi

anyone want to get a roc train going?

psn is noomi85, give me a few min to accept if you send FR or invite as I might be in the middle of a strike ;)

Top Bottom