• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

spyder_ur

So far from the 2 raids combined weapon wise we have

VoG, CE
AR: Void, Solar
HC: Arc, Void
PR: Arc, Arc
SR: Solar, Arc
SG: Arc, Void
FR: Solar, Arc
SR: Void, Solar
LMG: Void, Arc
RL: Solar, Solar

So only PR and RL are the only 2 weapons to be the same element from the raid

So when HoW drops most likely:
AR: Arc
HC: Solar
PR: Arc (Again, lol), hoping the switch it to Void
SR: Void
SG: Solar
FR: Void
SR: Arc
LMG: Solar
RL: Solar (Again!, LOL), hoping it would be Arc

VoG has 3 Arc, 3 Void, 3 Solar
CE has 4 Arc, 2 Void, 3 Solar

Now I'm hoping HoW goes back to balance, as you can see 3 Arc, 3 Void, 3 Solar

That's pretty interesting stuff - weird how many equivalents have the same element.

Think you might be overthinking it on forecasting for HoW though. Doubt there's a pattern or anything. Who knows though...

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I might be one of them

apJxWbe.gif

*Replace whip with Relic Sword*

So I still need to do 1 more hard run of CE from start to Deathsinger. And then 3 Atheon kills for the week.

I'll be looking for folks this weekend.

Would Atheon drop 4th Horseman? Just need that and Red Death to complete my collextion of exotic weapons.

Deku Tree

The HoW Unique Raid HM Exotic primary should have Arc seeking bullets like the Fallen Captains.
I know it wont because it would be too OP in PvP. I hate PvP balancing of PvE weapons.

Dazzler

anyone want to get a roc train going?

psn is noomi85, give me a few min to accept if you send FR or invite as I might be in the middle of a strike ;)

I need like 100 Hadronic Essence so I'll be hitting that train hard tonight into the small hours

todd360

Episode 4 of the Mythocast is recording tomorrow. I need to know who can make it. Planning for it to be 6 pm est like usual. That time can be changed if necessary though. Fig? Hawkian? Frenden? Nami? Greeny?

Kor of memory, your more than welcome to participate too. I know you wanted to be on the last one.

Also this one is going to be a discussion of the changes we would like to see in House of Wolves and destiny in general. I will read listener mail on the show for everyone to discuss. So you can pm me your thoughts if you would like to contribute to the show. Also the podcast has been submitted to iTunes. Its not up there yet, but I will let everyone know when that happens. Thanks everyone. I hope that your day is filled with purple engrams.

My experience

Destiny Gaf Crota Vs none Destiny Gaf Crota Runs

1st Crota Run ever
iRaw
All Gaf members From beginning to end
iRaw gave instructions and everyone followed. At Crota he assigned everyone their jobs and they did it. This was my first time doing this so I was focused because I didn't want to let everyone down. It felt like a couple minutes had passed and then I see myself getting all types of shit. We did so well that it only took a couple of turns to beat him first time.

Outcome: First time go!
Reaction: Smooth

2nd Crota Run
SlenderBeans
3 of his personal friends and 3 Gaffer's From beginning to end.
Slender gave his instructions and everyone followed them.
At Crota I believe he had a few people who never beaten him so we did a few runs so that everyone got use to their jobs. Total about four Runs. It was fun. Everyone was joking around.

Outcome: Crota a dead mofo
Reaction: Good times

3rd Crota run
none Gaf members, got invited
Guy gave his instructions and no one followed them besides me and one other. So he changed his plan and Gave his instructions and 3 of the players had a piss poor time executing Them so he chanhe to his final plan which was clear out the room and every one goes down into that middle room. People kept messing up or started taking dumb risks so we did it 5 long times until we finally beat it. I used all 5 of my synthesis heavy packs and ended up telling a grown man to stop acting like a Fricking child.

Outcome: Fuck Destiny and man babies
Reaction: Stick with Gaf

After that last raid they were going to do the Vault of Glass and I was interested because I haven't done it yet but then I remembered what I just went threw and I was like NOPE!

I've never played Vault of Glass. I'm down if more experience Gaffer's don't mind taking me along.

PSN Frost-Fiend

Add me and send a invite.

LiK

Episode 4 of the Mythocast is recording tomorrow. I need to know who can make it. Planning for it to be 6 pm est like usual. That time can be changed if necessary though. Fig? Hawkian? Frenden? Nami? Greeny?

Kor of memory, your more than welcome to participate too. I know you wanted to be on the last one.

Also this one is going to be a discussion of the changes we would like to see in House of Wolves and destiny in general. I will read listener mail on the show for everyone to discuss. So you can pm me your thoughts if you would like to contribute to the show. Also the podcast has been submitted to iTunes. Its not up there yet, but I will let everyone know when that happens. Thanks everyone. I hope that your day is filled with purple engrams.

just include "Lik told me to let you guys know Crota Hard Mode fight is a giant turd"

BokehKing

Banned

If I can't get on (not 100% sure I'll be sround/ b-day weekend) I would love to submit a listener mail in regards to changes I would like to see, what is the email address?

Dazzler

My experience

Destiny Gaf Crota Vs none Destiny Gaf Crota Runs

1st Crota Run ever
iRaw
All Gaf members From beginning to end
iRaw gave instructions and everyone followed. At Crota he assigned everyone their jobs and they did it. This was my first time doing this so I was focused because I didn't want to let everyone down. It felt like a couple minutes had passed and then I see myself getting all types of shit. We did so well that it only took a couple of turns to beat him first time.

Outcome: First time go!
Reaction: Smooth

2nd Crota Run
SlenderBeans
3 of his personal friends and 3 Gaffer's From beginning to end.
Slender gave his instructions and everyone followed them.
At Crota I believe he had a few people who never beaten him so we did a few runs so that everyone got use to their jobs. Total about four Runs. It was fun. Everyone was joking around.

Outcome: Crota a dead mofo
Reaction: Good times

3rd Crota run
none Gaf members, got invited
Guy gave his instructions and no one followed them besides me and one other. So he changed his plan and Gave his instructions and 3 of the players had a piss poor time executing Them so he chanhe to his final plan which was clear out the room and every one goes down into that middle room. People kept messing up or started taking dumb risks so we did it 5 long times until we finally beat it. I used all 5 of my synthesis heavy packs and ended up telling a grown man to stop acting like a Fricking child.

Outcome: Fuck Destiny and man babies
Reaction: Stick with Gaf

After that last raid they were going to do the Vault of Glass and I was interested because I haven't done it yet but then I remembered what I just went threw and I was like NOPE!

I've never played Vault of Glass. I'm down if more experience Gaffer's don't mind taking me along.

PSN Frost-Fiend

Add me and send a invite.

Was on this run, went great! Felt like we had about four members of your family joining us over the mic too, haha

I'll be doing VoG tonight, keep an eye out for me online. Will run normal or hard, whatever people are looking for

Anyone want to run a full CE HM raid? Hunter 32 here. I've ran sword in normal, but never hard, so an experienced sword runner would probably help, but in a pinch I can manage.

phen0m24

My Snowball is ready, but I have my kids tomorrow. I'm sure you wouldn't want my 4 year old yelling "TRY HARD AND GET A YALLAHORN" in the background.

The HoW Unique Raid HM Exotic primary should have Arc seeking bullets like the Fallen Captains.
I know it wont because it would be too OP in PvP. I hate PvP balancing of PvE weapons.

This game could really use some unique weapon ideas. For a futuristic shooter, kind of odd that only Fusion rifle is anything more advanced than modern day weapon types.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

I can't make it, babysitting. :(

zewone

The unique weapon is the Captain's solar shotgun. It can cause burn damage with consecutive hits. Probably trash.

todd360

My Snowball is ready, but I have my kids tomorrow. I'm sure you wouldn't want my 4 year old yelling "TRY HARD AND GET A YALLAHORN" in the background.

Todd do you still have the mythocast@gmail address up? Would you rather get emails or PM's?

The gmail is still up. I would rather get PM's though. Choose whichever is easiest for you. I will check both places and the twitter before recording tomorrow.

Was on this run, went great! Felt like we had about four members of your family joining us over the mic too, haha

I'll be doing VoG tonight, keep an eye out for me online. Will run normal or hard, whatever people are looking for

Yeah man its weird. Whenever I'm not playing video games my family doesn't talk to me, they're always doing their own thing. Once them headphones go on! Forget about it. They all want to tell me their life stories, especially my 2 year old.

Cool.. I'm not exactly sure what I'll get from VOG. I just want to play it to see if it's fun and because I paid for it so might as well try it.

M3Rocket

Hooray! Xur has the Icebreaker upgrade. I've been waiting for that since I foolishly didn't buy the 331 version.

Also, holy shit, Vision of Confluence is the best scout rifle I've used. Who knew! All of you apparently. I got it from VoG a while back and never bothered as I had Mida Multitool, but I gave it a good run out last night in the weekly and bloody hell, its brilliant. Considering its completely unleveled (so 248 damage) it seems to do a huge amount of damage. Rapidly becoming my new favourite gun, seems to have the right balance between RoF, Impact range etc to make it a really useful weapon.

You do realize that the VoC damage this week on the Weekly Heroic is Solar? That could be the reason why VoC seemed like it did a "huge amount of damage." For primaries, the Vex is also very effective this week in that mission.

Assuming Swarm = 331, then 331 Swarm > 300 CM

I still keep my CM for the VoG because of Oracle Disruptor, though.

I have and still use Swarm's in all three elemental damage. It's RoF and extreme stability (for a MG) makes headshot/crits quite easy on Good Morning Hive on the SGA bounty. That's balanced though by short range and sleep inducing reload--so it's best with Field Scout. It is no longer sold or dropped since TDB. I would say it's basically a HoC/Swarm to Godhorn/Thunderlord equivalent.

That is great to hear, all this time I've been assuming it would give me a 300 one.

I was mainly planning on completing duplicate exotic bounties for the shard, but maybe ending up with multiple 331 Thorns I'd just keep em.
My Titan and Warlock both have Thorn, Bad Juju and Invective bounties taking up bounty space.

Keep that Thorn bounty on your Warlock. The PvP portion is a lot easier with a Voidwalker.

Top Bottom