• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

Dazzler

Yeah man its weird. Whenever I'm not playing video games my family doesn't talk to me, they're always doing their own thing. Once them headphones go on! Forget about it. They all want to tell me their life stories, especially my 2 year old.

Cool.. I'm not exactly sure what I'll get from VOG. I just want to play it to see if it's fun and because I paid for it so might as well try it.

you're in for a treat, best content in the whole game :)

EL CUCO

KeQnBdQ.jpg

stb

Anyone up for normal mode CE tonight at 7:30 Eastern/6:30 Central?

Lamps through Bridge, Death Singer and Crota if the group is inclined. I really just need legs and chest.

1) stb (PSN berried_treasure)
2) Dave_6 (PSN DaveS78) - Please confirm!!
3)
4)
5)
6)
a1)
a2)

Please quote, add yourself, and send berried_treasure a friend request.

phen0m24

Nilla Wafer
PWHudson Hawk
deafmedalist/RITUALOFNEGATION
GKWMRPEANUTHARDMODE™
bytegloryolejump
Path of the Hawkian

Any of you guys free later? I have two buddies that want to give ye olde VoG™ a try for the first time.

They are PvP'ers one a 31 and one a 29. They should be fine with Normal.

stb

I'll be doing VoG tonight, keep an eye out for me online. Will run normal or hard, whatever people are looking for

Know when you're planning to do this? I'd like to run HM VoG with a competent group, but am trying to organize a normal CE for ~7:30 Eastern.

Want to maybe get one group together to run both?

E92 M3

When a 300 Atheon's Epilogue outshines your 339 Necrochasm, shit is wrong...
Should be the most OP Gun for Raiding purposes

From Abyss till Deathsinger it should be the mainstay, then switched to your Legendary Primary + GHORN combo-wombo

I was really gonna chase after 3 Crux's for each character, now I'm thinking of just getting 1 for the hell of it and call it a day, so fucking pointless

It's like they put in sometime and balance into VoG Weapons, CE on the other hand is GARBAGE, only saving Grace is Black Hammer and Hunger of Crota

I'm sure they won't ignore the complaints - weapon balancing normally gets addressed unlike other issues. NLB needs revisiting as well. Now, the timeline is a whole other story.

Dave_6

Know when you're planning to do this? I'd like to run HM VoG with a competent group, but am trying to organize a normal CE for ~7:30 Eastern.

HM VoG and normal CE tonight back to back would be great.

ich00

Hello fellow guardians! I've been stuck in lurking mode since the beta and finally got my account verified. I'm on the PS4 like most here and have a toon for each class, one lvl 32 Warlock and a Titan and Hunter shards away from 32. If anyone wants to add me my PSN is ichabod00 and I play most nights EST. I'm looking forward to having some new guardians to play with, this seems like a great community of people.

Nilla Wafer
PWHudson Hawk
GKWMRPEANUTHARDMODE™
bytegloryolejump
Path of the Hawkian

Any of you guys free later? I have two buddies that want to give ye olde VoG™ a try for the first time.

I'm on right now. How much later yoi thinking?

realcZk

Nilla Wafer
PWHudson Hawk
GKWMRPEANUTHARDMODE™
bytegloryolejump
Path of the Hawkian

i should be on all night tonight and im DTR

rNilla

Nilla Wafer
PWHudson Hawk
GKWMRPEANUTHARDMODE™
bytegloryolejump
Path of the Hawkian

You guys free later? I have two buddies that want to give ye olde VoG™ a try for the first time.

I'll probably be on later tonight but not until late. I'm happy to tag along otherwise.

I love this and I'm stealing it.

phen0m24

Hello fellow guardians! I've been stuck in lurking mode since the beta and finally got my account verified. I'm on the PS4 like most here and have a toon for each class, one lvl 32 Warlock and a Titan and Hunter shards away from 32. If anyone wants to add me my PSN is ichabod00 and I play most nights EST. I'm looking forward to having some new guardians to play with, this seems like a great community of people.

You've hit the jackpot. Amazing people. Get in to a raid group, or a glimmer farm, a noobie raid
even though you might not need it
and there are many friends to be made, saxophone songs to hum with, checkpoints
asaurus
to obtain, and all around good times to be had.

My PSN is Colonelocorn - feel free to add me
if you dare

Beware of Rodiard, because he uses No Land Beyond and hasn't leveled Fatebringer. ;)

phen0m24

I'm on right now. How much later yoi thinking?

I'll probably be on later tonight but not until late. I'm happy to tag along otherwise.

Wow, thanks guys. I'm at work and leaving ASAP. I don't know when they are getting on but was told they will be. I don't know how late. stares at GK: Why? Will hard mode™ be engaged the later we play? mwahahahaha

Muchos gracias amigo-dudes

Dunlop

Is the nightfall weekly possible at 29?

I'm stuck at his level until I figure out a faster method than 1 shard (hopefully) a day

Two Words

I am a developer, a game developer even, and while I can very well see how a task that seems easy like this one can reveal itself to be reaaally complicated and dangerous to fix, I don't see why they made that much of a deal of this.
"It took me several tries to find the correct way to fix this", is, well, pretty much common when dealing with bug fixes. And it's hardly medal worthy or anything, this is just their job. When I do happen to fix a vicious bug I'm quite happy with myself, but I don't get interviewed by our community managers like I did something so incredible it needed that many lines in a weekly update.
Also, I still don't understand how they managed to get this bug ONLY on the heavy weapons. Must mean their code is full of weird exceptions and special cases, if all of their weapon types are not handled the same way on such a basic feature as "respawn with the same amount of ammos you had". Finally, I don't know why they need to compute this value *again*, instead of simply storing it before dying and retrieving it again when respawning...

tldr: as a seasoned game developer, this bug and this weekly update puzzled the hell out of me.

The vault thing, though, is a case of a really complicated task disguised as a "wtf Bungie you could do it in 10 minutes tops!".
People fail to realize how much things need to be changed for this to be implemented, in a UI that was not designed to allow for scrolling areas.
Well they shouldn't have designed it so poorly as far as vault space goes.i don't know how they didn't consider adding more later.

EL CUCO

Is the nightfall weekly possible at 29?

I'm stuck at his level until I figure out a faster method than 1 shard (hopefully) a day
As long as you have a group and elemental weapons you'll be ok.

I've done Nightfalls at 27/28 without being a burden. Just have to be careful.

Namikaze1

What's this Path of the Hawkian I'm reading?! Dammit, Hawkian! Don't take credit for my clan! First the Queen, and now this.

Meet me at Venus. Ishtar Region. Just before sunrise. Come alone.

:p

Dunlop

Vault of Glass passes out shards and energy like Halloween candy. Public events also have a shot at dropping those mats.

Public events have been my only source of shards lol

I didn't think people still ran VoG, I've only played it once (completed it) but will start looking for groups

thx!

I hate when someone drops out of ROC and I'm doing it with some fucking random that doesn't know easy cheese. This is Phogon why does he still have 80% health after 3 minutes. .

I'd be down to do HM VoG with a few Atheon kills like last week. Let me know if it happens!

I'm sure they won't ignore the complaints - weapon balancing normally gets addressed unlike other issues. NLB needs revisiting as well. Now, the timeline is a whole other story.

All TDB exotic weapons need revisting. They are all garbage. Dragon's Breath is the best of the lot and thats saying something.

Top Bottom