• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

Lima

So I was bored and wanted to try out the new combo I learned today. Why not pick up a group from DestinyLFG that is looking for a swordbearer I said to myself.

89HANHgh.jpg

They had the weapons but no heavy ammo synth and didn't listen for like any callouts. We got him to enrage two times and then all of sudden all these people are starting to panic and shoot their rockets early when he is still red.

Then nobody was shooting rockets anymore because they didn't have any and they didn't say anything after I asked how many rockets we had left. We did manage it after two hours though when someone finally said we should go to the tower to buy some heavy synth. They bought some and we finished it first try after that, within two swords to boot cause the combo works like it should. It took two hours but I was happy because that was their first HM Crota down.

It's not something I will do again though. Next time I'm bored and no one is on I'll just watch a movie I guess.

Thanks to the Gaffer's that drug me threw my first Vault of Glass raid.

My thoughts on VoG:

I rather get rammed by Crota's sword on Hard mode.

With that said. I wouldn't mind hooking up with other Gaffer's to play it again.

Edit: Not today though. Now to delete that none gaffer that abandon us just before the templar fight from my friends list.

GutZ31

My thoughts on VoG:

With that said. I wouldn't mind hooking up with other Gaffer's to play it again.

Edit: Not today though. Now to delete that none gaffer that abandon us just before the templar fight from my friends list.

VoG shows micro management ability of teams in terms of smaller groups doing tasks together, while other groups are doing something else.

Crota makes you do everything as a team, but then fails a bit by making you split 1 guy away from the whole team to complete a task.

This isn't totally a bad thing, but it can turn people off, vis versa.

Then nobody was shooting rockets anymore because they didn't have any and they didn't say anything after I asked how many rockets we had left.

That's always a strange thing to me. I'm never sure if people feel bad or are shy or don't understand the importance or don't want to spend the glimmer/whatever... very strange but seems to happen a lot in various groups. I know a lot of people are uncomfortable and/or unable to use voice comms but it can be tough when it affects the whole group like that.

My thoughts on VoG:

Care to elaborate on why it wasn't a great experience? Just curious to hear what things people do or don't enjoy about the different raids. Was it issues with the group of people or the encounters/bosses themselves, etc?

hydruxo

My thoughts on VoG:

I think you just need to run it with a different team. I find Hard VoG to be way more fun than Hard Crota personally.

Maybesew

Thanks for the good group tonight. Full clear on normal and some good attempts on crota HM. I got enough shards to get my second level 32

CamoKitty

My thoughts on VoG:

Is this frost?
If so you really did hold your own for a first timer.

That's always a strange thing to me. I'm never sure if people feel bad or are shy or don't understand the importance or don't want to spend the glimmer/whatever... very strange but seems to happen a lot in various groups. I know a lot of people are uncomfortable and/or unable to use voice comms but it can be tough when it affects the whole group like that.

Care to elaborate on why it wasn't a great experience? Just curious to hear what things people do or don't enjoy about the different raids. Was it issues with the group of people or the encounters/bosses themselves, etc?

Hhmm? The group was fine. I actually enjoyed that part of it. Its more me and my proformance. I died alot and in stupid ways. There's also alot more to do in VoG than in Crota end. I would actually like to do it again with the same group. Just not today. >.>

GutZ31

Hhmm? The group was fine. I actually enjoyed that part of it. Its more me and my proformance. I died alot and in stupid ways. There's also alot more to do in VoG than in Crota end. I would actually like to do it again with the same group. Just not today. >.>

There is a LOT more to take in for VoG in my opinion. But that also means it feels more rewarding when you figure out a good game plan.

Crota, to me, feels kind of half assed at an attempt to make a raid.
Glitches ruin Crota more than VoG in my playthroughs.

Anyone for Crota HM kill? I have the cp.

I need to do it once more on my titan if you get enough people.

I think you just need to run it with a different team. I find Hard VoG to be way more fun than Hard Crota personally.

Is this frost?
If so you really did hold your own for a first timer.

Yes this is Frost.

Hey, I think you misunderstood what I meant. I enjoyed the group and the group knew what it was doing. It was my proformance that I'm disappointed in.I just wish I could have done more to help the group.
I need to be careful of how I say things. I'm grateful that ya'll took me on.

Edit: I also got the FateBringer Out of it. A beeter primary weapon than Edict soul I'm sure.

There is a LOT more to take in for VoG in my opinion. But that also means it feels more rewarding when you figure out a good game plan.

Crota, to me, feels kind of half assed at an attempt to make a raid.
Glitches ruin Crota more than VoG in my playthroughs.

I need to do it once more on my titan if you get enough people.

I agree. This actually felt like a raid instead of a shoot out. That's something I'm not use to. Crota's end is basically making sure you put more shells on the ground to win the fight. VoG, you actually have to pay close attention.

Poetaster

Banned

My thoughts on VoG:

Hey I was there too and It was my first time as well. I only started playing the game a week and a half ago after not playing since about October,
I think we did okay considering it was the first time we tried it. I'd love to go at it again with gaffers as well. Hopefully I get some better loot next time.

edit: full

Now to delete that none gaffer that abandon us.

Hhmm? The group was fine.

^That first quote is only reason I asked.

VoG is much more complicated than CE, so it can be frustrating I imagine. Never fun to feel like you can't contribute as much as you want, in any raid or activity. It really pays off though if you find a good group that sticks together and helps each other learn and improve over time. Good luck! :)

CamoKitty

Yes this is Frost.

Hey, I think you misunderstood what I meant. I enjoyed the group and the group knew what it was doing. It was my proformance that I'm disappointed in.I just wish I could have done more to help the group.
I need to be careful of how I say things. I'm grateful that ya'll took me on.

Edit: I also got the FateBringer Out of it. A beeter primary weapon than Edict soul I'm sure.

No no your wording was fine, I was just offering some words of encouragement.
Congratulations on getting a fatebringer I'm sure you'll enjoy it more than that pulse rifle.

1 more for NFall and 1-2 Weeklies? Doing Daily now too if anyone wants to join

VoG is much more complicated than CE, so it can be frustrating I imagine. Never fun to feel like you can't contribute as much as you want, in any raid or activity. It really pays off though if you find a good group that sticks together and helps each other learn and improve over time. Good luck! :)

Oh ok.. I was talking about that random guy I brought in. He begged me to bring him in and then he up and left before the Templar fight. He's not a Gaffer and I don't know him. Off he goes!

Navy Bean

1 more for NFall and 1-2 Weeklies? Doing Daily now too if anyone wants to join

I'd rather set myself on fire than do Templar of Gatekeeper with a random group... Crota is much much easier interms of teaching mechanics.

So I was bored and wanted to try out the new combo I learned today. Why not pick up a group from DestinyLFG that is looking for a swordbearer I said to myself.

They had the weapons but no heavy ammo synth and didn't listen for like any callouts. We got him to enrage two times and then all of sudden all these people are starting to panic and shoot their rockets early when he is still red.

Then nobody was shooting rockets anymore because they didn't have any and they didn't say anything after I asked how many rockets we had left. We did manage it after two hours though when someone finally said we should go to the tower to buy some heavy synth. They bought some and we finished it first try after that, within two swords to boot cause the combo works like it should. It took two hours but I was happy because that was their first HM Crota down.

It's not something I will do again though. Next time I'm bored and no one is on I'll just watch a movie I guess.

...or you can just post here and help out gaffers who need help with hm crota?

Top Bottom