• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

Manp

Yeah I have a plug one With accelerated coil with solar and arc damage. The charge rate is almost as quick as the light of the abyss and its better in every other category. It's too good

i have a void plug one with accelerated coils. it mows down minotaurs in vog like nothing :3

Thanks again for helping Dhruv, and gg to Gore and Lupin. Scrota was truly at his most scrotastic today. Unless somebody wants help with it, I can't deal with wasting more time on that garbage dumpster of a glitched out lag fest. Disappearing sword on that last run was truly the cherry on top.

51 days, 21hrs, 17 min and 24 seconds until Bloodborne digital download....

Edit: wow, we've been on the same 50 post OT page for 3 hours now... seems crazy slow for DGAF standards

Thanks again for helping Dhruv, and gg to Gore and Lupin. Scrota was truly at his most scrotastic today. Unless somebody wants help with it, I can't deal with wasting more time on that garbage dumpster of a glitched out lag fest. Disappearing sword on that last run was truly the cherry on top.

You've got to call it after the sword vanishes

Edit: wow, we've been on the same 50 post OT page for 3 hours now... seems crazy slow for DGAF standards

Gaf is just slow in general on Friday night/Saturday morning. I personally haven't been posting nearly as much since I haven't been playing every day like I used to, maybe that's happened to others as well.

deadduck

Thanks for the game guys.

That room on hard is driving me mad, so many hours of lag, don't think my alts are getting their crota blood this week.

Steroyd

What is with the sick obsession with the complete 5 clash matches bounty lately, I'm sure it's appeared 3 times in the last 4 days, playing Clash with randoms is worse than in Control, at least control I can have a relative influence or foresight of where people are going to spawn and hold points that benefits the team, with clash I have to stick with a pack that's spread all over the place, and I get surrounded by 3 or 4 enemies very easily, because I stay in one area for 10 seconds, stupid spawn system. >_<

You've got to call it after the sword vanishes

Just rewatched the run where I did the 2nd and 3rd swords and it's crazy how bad it is (lag and/or glitches, who knows). That 5th shield break, his knee barely touches the ground before the immune shield pops up. There's some crazy delay between my 2nd + 3rd R2s and then my 4th activates super fast after the 3rd... I just.... can't deal with that stuff anymore, as much as I want that OP beast of a gun Necrocasm, haha.

That room on hard is driving me mad, so many hours of lag, .

Lag? What lag? o_O

Here's another fun gif to add to my collection, invincible Sword Bearer:

vZl6jz.gif

Spy

So I posted on DestinyLFG to find a pickup group for my level 31 Warlock on Crota normal. They were having issues putting dps on Crota so I offered to get on my level 32 bladedancer (which I've beaten Crota on this week) to help out.

First thing I say is that I'll call out when to shoot Crota, everyone listens but one guy who keeps taking down Crota before I even get there, on every sword. I fail at killing Crota three times because of this in which I'm promptly booted from the party and fireteam. Their loss I guess, normally only takes me 1 1/2 swords to get the job done. I hate playing with randoms.

GutZ31

So I posted on DestinyLFG to find a pickup group for my level 31 Warlock on Crota normal. They were having issues putting dps on Crota so I offered to get on my level 32 bladedancer (which I've beaten Crota on this week) to help out.

First thing I say is that I'll call out when to shoot Crota, everyone listens but one guy who keeps taking down Crota before I even get there, on every sword. I fail at killing Crota three times because of this in which I'm promptly booted from the party and fireteam. Their loss I guess, normally only takes me 1 1/2 swords to get the job done. I hate playing with randoms.

Timing, proper call outs, leadership role pre-determined.
These are key for successful raid runs.
Lag can cause people to have staggered shots, but if someone is blatantly firing too early, it probably has something to do with a damaged ego.

Spy

Timing, proper call outs, leadership role pre-determined.
These are key for successful raid runs.
Lag can cause people to have staggered shots, but if someone is blatantly firing too early, it probably has something to do with a damaged ego.
I think he may have been a bit bitter due to me taking his role as the swordbearer, who knows, lol.

Maybe I can give you some insight, or maybe I should say some perspective. Bungie saw how frustrated people were with having to farm materials like Spinmetal, Spirit Bloom, etc. Instead of playing the fun content of the game like raids and Night Falls, people were farming. After around three months, Bungie decided they would let players spend marks, which become almost meaningless once you start raiding, on these materials. Players rejoiced. Finally.

Then Bungie did something weird. They increased how much glimmer it cost to upgrade items as well as "fixing" some of the methods people used to farm glimmer like certain spots or missions where people would kill the Major/Ultra's and then kill themselves to repeat the situation. It was unnecessary. Then, they did something even more strange.

Whenever The Dark Below released, they made it possible to upgrade your exotics. This is important, because especially for armor light level is the most imports stay. It costs an inordinate amount to upgrade, 7-8k. Some might argue they didn't have to give the players an option to upgrade, but I find that notion hilariously wrong because how few exotics there would be at max level. Four weapons and three armor pieces per character?

So now what happens is of people want to upgrade a quality weapon of gun, they need to farm for glimmer. No big deal right? The perks are reset, so they have to farm experience and glimmer now that they've already dropped 8k for the upgrade. Instead of just playing the game, they have to farm. Again, Bungie has said numerous times that isn't their design goal.

So now Hard Mode Crota releases. Xur hasn't sold Heavy Ammo for 2 weeks (I think), so it's likely you are low trying to do Hard Mode for the first time. Between how difficult Crota is, how buggy he is, and how dependent the fight is on heavy, if you want to attempt the fight you are almost forced to farm glimmer. So let's recap:

You have to farm glimmer to upgrade an item, you have to farm glimmer to purchase expensive perks, and you have to farm glimmer to buy heavy ammo which is 1k for a single pack. Instead of making the game more accessible, which they were clearly trying to do buy allowing the player to buy materials, they made it just as farming dependent as ever.

That's not good post launch support. And that's just the changes they have made. The raids are still a buggy mess, and that should be a priority in this game. It's inexcusable to me.

So much this. It was really liberating when I was finally able to bring myself to fly past some blatant spirit bloom. Now I have to spend twenty minutes a day on the Exclusion Zone, or looking for a GK checkpoint group just to be able to upgrade all my stuff. Exotic upgrades should've been like one mote or a strange coin. Nothing more. Don't know what they were thinking here. It's come to the point where I'm gonna just pop the relevant consumable during everything I do now until I run out. The game really feels like a job sometimes.

GutZ31

I think he may have been a bit bitter due to me taking his role as the swordbearer, who knows, lol.

It's difficult to work out what is acceptable and what is crossing the line when going into pickup groups, so I am usually walking on egg shells, pre-emptively apologizing if I do poorly, and make suggestions with a clear tone of "only if you guys agree, its just what I have seen work".

It is so much better to find a regular group, but these days, we have a metric shi-ton of games coming out regularly. It gets harder and harder to plan out raids with friends.

Anyone want to do HM CE fresh up to deathsinger? Or just deathsinger (any difficulty as I don't have CP)? Ugh I'm just all over the place this week.

Drizz what method are you using to go from PS4 capture to GIF?

I have a "dummy" YouTube account (and Twitter for screenshots) so I just:

1.) Use PS4 to "Trim" saved clip to just the portion I want (<15 seconds)
2.) Upload trimmed clip to YT account, which is linked to my PS4
3.) Go to that video's YT page and copy the URL to http://gifyoutube.com/ (edit: another option- http://gfycat.com/)

That website is really easy to use, you can adjust the exact gif length down to tenths of a second if you want. Not the best image quality obviously but small file sizes so hopefully it doesn't make pages load too slowly.

Whole process takes <5 minutes once the YT account is linked. Let me know if you have questions, or if anyone else has helpful suggestions. More "media" content is always fun to me, funny gifs, cool pictures, etc. Usually what I want to share is something short like that so a gif works better than a YT video link imo.

Top Bottom