• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

Did you guys get a kill on Crota? Sorry I had to bail, I needed to take my bicycles to the shop before they closed and Saturday is the only time I am able to run errands.

Haven't dropped him yet and we just had one that had to leave. Which means! One opening available...kinda need a Jellyhorn though.

Lol wtf...

There is a new crota cheese already.

Dudes are pushing him off the back wall with sunbro grenades and dragons breath rockets lmao.

tumblr_inline_nhg9tvVBvQ1qbcsn2.gif

Deku Tree

Thanks for getting up and insta-swipe at me on the last Sword, Crota. GG

Sorry that I had to go guys.

Owch. Sorry to hear it. Yeah I hate that:

The HM Crota instant stand up early and melee which often happens during Auto Enrage is the worst glitch in the HM Crota fight. It's like you struggle to beat him, and you deal with all sorts of glitches, and then your right on the verge of taking him down, and he just jumps up and slashes your Samarui and Crota is enraged and it's just an instant wipe seconds before he was about to go down and there is nothing you can do about it.

I feel like this particular bug was caused by the Anti-Disconnect-Cheese patch.
Makes a player want to stop playing HM Crota at least until the glitches are fixed.
And I hear so many people saying that.

I really like hard (very very hard) video games however in general the timing of the encounter is just required to be too tight and too perfect for an online game with a lot of lag glitches.

Glad to help. I started off today never having touched Crota hard, and I leave today with 3 clears feeling like a grizzled vet, hah. I had never known about swords disappearing, trolling swordbearers, and so forth. But let's just say that now I've been in the shit.

Last run was butter, though.

Some great runs! Love hearing people going crazy on a clear when I'm helping out, hah!

Namikaze1

I step away from Destiny for a few hours due to baboon errors.

I come back and "Destiny servers not available"

*insert table flip emoji*

Fake edit: now it let's me sign in.

cilonen

Definitely. If I'm on later and you guys still need one for a kill, I'm down to help. I already did Crota but losing to bugs pisses me off...I want Vengeance lol

Spot on, Deku.

I might head to bed soon, I might be around much later (tomorrow AM my time) but then heading to a Super Bowl party.

The time will come though, I'm sure of it. If you're looking for a kill and I'm around count me in.

Shirow

Banned
I have a question for you veterans out there.

Does the grind get "lighter" if all your characters are level 30?

Sorry if this has been asked to death around here. I have been leveling my characters hard. I have a 31 Warlock/ 28 Hunter/ 28 Titan.
My focus has been on getting them to 30 with (exotics/vanguard gear) so that from then on I can concentrate on raids and weekly's mostly. With the goal being just more "efficient" and playing less.

Dunlop

destinylfg.net still a thing?

The webpage won't load, I want to run a VoG

I only have a 29 titan need about 12 shards to be able to hit 30 arg

amar212

Amazing 30 minutes.

First I got Monte Carlo in Crucible. Exited Crucible and went finishing Voice in the Wilderness bounty. Got a Legendary Engram as an random drop. Returned to tower to give bounty to Gunmaster. He gave me Super Good Advice. And then Rahool turned the Legendary Engram into Hawkmoon.

3 Exotic Shards in 30 mins. Good day.

Deku Tree

Sorry if this has been asked to death around here. I have been leveling my characters hard. I have a 31 Warlock/ 28 Hunter/ 28 Titan.
My focus has been on getting them to 30 with (exotics/vanguard gear) so that from then on I can concentrate on raids and weekly's mostly. With the goal being just more "efficient" and playing less.

Yes it does. Actually the grind is as heavy or light as you want it to be. Your best bet is to try to get your characters to 31 with tower legendary armor and then just do the weekly activities as much as you want.

I have two 32s and a 31 and lots of maxed weapons (all I need and more) and my plan is now to just do the Nightfalls and the weeklies and the raids and nothing else with no other grinding for a while.

Depending on what your goals are, when you get your priorities down to weekly activities (nightfalls and raids, basically), then the grind is significantly reduced.

The downside is that you will really feel it when you get crap for the week and you have no options to advance your character until reset.

Ambitious

I'm sitting at the checkpoint right now. psn: Quint

Awesome. I hope it's not too much to ask, but would you mind if I grabbed the chest with all three of my characters? I'll hurry.

edit: Jesus Christ. When I search for your PSN ID using the PS app, I get thousands of results containing "Quint", but not your account. This is so dumb. Fucking Sony.
Could you send me a FR, please? My PSN is ps_flocki.

Shirow

Banned
Yes it does. Actually the grind is as heavy or light as you want it to be. Your best bet is to try to get your characters to 31 with tower legendary armor and then just do the weekly activities as much as you want.

I have two 32s and a 31 and lots of maxed weapons (all I need and more) and my plan is now to just do the Nightfalls and the weeklies and the raids and nothing else with no other grinding for a while.
Thanks a lot for the input. Sounds like your already set there Deku! That's exactly what I'm looking to do as well, being more efficient especially.

Depending on what your goals are, when you get your priorities down to weekly activities (nightfalls and raids, basically), then the grind is significantly reduced.

The downside is that you will really feel it when you get crap for the week and you have no options to advance your character until reset.

Good point you make there Reign, it's going to have to be that way for me thou. I need some of my time back!

Was running through the daily, and for the first time in months I came across a group trying to start the VoG. Being the fun loving guardian I am, I decided to help. Started roaming and helping with Pretorians. The spire formed and waves were exchanged as we went off on our merry ways. I miss the VoG.

Demon Ice

Banned
Do we post PvP replays here? This is the game that got me the highest score on my profile. Control on Twilight Gap, 44 kills, 7.33 KDR, 9740 points.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ua8GN8hLQis&list=UUgPZYrulZLdhOdnmGegpU7g

The Last Word is the only word as far as PvP goes for me. This is a bit of an older video, I'm a 32 now but TLW is still my PvP mainstay. Have yet to find anything to replace it, I tried Thorn for a bit but couldn't get a feel for it. Maybe if I ever get a Hawkmoon...

Alright; the Crota glitches just plain suck. We had an attempt wipe because Ogres decided to just take their time spawning, swords de spawning. Crota running into the Crystal room...you name it it happened. And I still don't have a clear. :( trying again at 9:00pm EST though.

squadr0n

Hey guys just hit 30 on my Warlock with all new gear post Crota, Looking for a group on PS4 for either Raid or The Weekly Strike/ Nightfall since I can finally Raid again. Let me know if anyone is interested in here for if there's a group already getting together and need an extra, name on PSN is Squad0n. Ill be doing the Daily too if anyone wants to join in the mean time.

Top Bottom