• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

If I wear Starfire protocol and the rest CE raid gear it is almost impossible to tell that I am wearing the Glowhoo shader.

Glowhoo was really designed with raid gear in mind. Warlock is a special case were the class mark is practically unnoticeable so the chest piece became the most important part.

Hunters look terrible without the cape.

Lnkn52

Glowhoo was really designed with raid gear in mind. Warlock is a special case were the class mark is practically unnoticeable so the chest piece became the most important part.

Hunters look terrible without the cape.

For the Warlock, I really like how Glowhoo and the VOG chest look together.

hom3land

Attempted my first Vog raid. I'm a level 28 titan and had to use destinylfg to get a group. What a soul crushing experience. Took forever to get people to join after doing pm tagging and invites being ignored. We finally made it to the portals and everyone quit. One of these days I'll try again.

arqcan

Neo Member
hey GAF, im a long time lurker, im looking for anyone who wants to help down crota on ps4, i need 3 more people who are up to the task, just add arqcan.

Rubenov

I must have played about 20 Crucible games with randoms, no teams on either side, but my team always has the worse randoms. I'm talking about 9 - 10 straight losses when I'm the only positive K/D on the team, "On the Bright Side" medals... all that jazz. How can my luck be this terrible??

Deku Tree

Attempted my first Vog raid. I'm a level 28 titan and had to use destinylfg to get a group. What a soul crushing experience. Took forever to get people to join after doing pm tagging and invites being ignored. We finally made it to the portals and everyone quit. One of these days I'll try again.

Sorry to hear that... LFG can be hit or miss and it always involves waiting... You should sign up for one of Hawkian's newbie raids. I am not 100% sure but I think they are at 9pm est on Thursdays. You can search through Hawkian's post history to find his posts about the newbie raids. The raids are really the most fun part of Destiny with a good group of friends.

Well, I had to use sunbreakers to get there (thanks smart loot and never dropping raid gloves) I am 24 hardonic essences away from getting my last toon to 32

I gotta grind out some more crucible marks later tonight. Want that Saterienne Rapier.

It really ain't all that. I did the same and got it but now I don't even use it anymore. 13 round mag plus shitty sights on it make it so so for me. I would much rather use the VoC or the Fang, which I just got

If you want outlaw and firefly I suggest using fatebringer

I must have played about 20 Crucible games with randoms, no teams on either side, but my team always has the worse randoms. I'm talking about 9 - 10 straight losses when I'm the only positive K/D on the team, "On the Bright Side" medals... all that jazz. How can my luck be this terrible??

Yeah no fucking way matchmaking is random when 80%+ of my games with randoms end up with me at the top/near the top with us losing...

Are there any good ways to get Radiant Shards and Energies from stuff other than CE? Feels like it's gonna be months before I hit 32 with only one raid a week...

E92 M3

Are there any good ways to get Radiant Shards and Energies from stuff other than CE? Feels like it's gonna be months before I hit 32 with only one raid a week...

During week 2 I realized that with 1 character it would indeed to take forever so I made 2 extra hunters. Wish I had them earlier, though. Having alts was the best Destiny decision I ever made.

During week 2 I realized that with 1 character it would indeed to take forever so I made 2 extra hunters. Wish I had them earlier, though. Having alts was the best Destiny decision I ever made.

Interesting. I do have a Hunter alt and a Warlock primary. Should I be leveling up all of the same class to maximize my chances of finding raid gear, or is it okay if I do different classes? Would prefer to check out the playstyles of everyone else...

cilonen

Interesting. I do have a Hunter alt and a Warlock primary. Should I be leveling up all of the same class to maximize my chances of finding raid gear, or is it okay if I do different classes? Would prefer to check out the playstyles of everyone else...

It's a toss-up really; if you have one of each RNG on engrams can never stitch you up on armor, but it takes a while to get three sets of armor - one for each class, whereas with three the same you can just switch gear.

patchday

the way the game is setup it is to the player's advantage to have an army of alts of the 'same' class.

Deku Tree

the way the game is setup it is to the player's advantage to have an army of alts of the 'same' class.

I think that was true in the VoG but I don't think it really matters anymore. With the vastly improved drop rates in the CE raid and the radiant mats economy, I think you get to 32 just as fast having one of each vs having three of the same alts.

Edit: besides trading your armor in the vault is a huge pain.

I used 2 Titans until I hit 32. Made getting to that point much faster because if I already had a piece of raid gear I could shard dupes for more radiant shards. Once I hit 32 I dropped the second Titan and made a hunter.So yeah, depends on your goals/ how much you want to grind as to what characters you want to make.

blazeuk

I have one of each (although my third is barely levelled up), my Titan is still waiting on RNG to bless it with raid boots which is annoying but I just couldn't see myself maintaining 3 of the same types of characters, it's a nice change to be able to play differently when you switch. I'm struggling with shards myself though, it's stupid that I can build up hundreds of Ascendant Shards (and continue to add to that) and they've pretty much become useless, at least Ascendant Energy are still useful.

Steroyd

However you want it really, the "quickest" way to 32 is to have 3 chars of the same class but I wouldn't reccomend it because...

I disagree here, the exotic engrams and legendary engrams in general and Nightfall drops all encourage you have 3 different classes because it's a 1 in 3 chance RNG drops what you want for what class you have.

As long as you get all 3 classes to 31 which is grindable and doesn't rely on luck, you can accept whatever the game decides to gift you with.

Sullichin

It really ain't all that. I did the same and got it but now I don't even use it anymore. 13 round mag plus shitty sights on it make it so so for me. I would much rather use the VoC or the Fang, which I just got

If you want outlaw and firefly I suggest using fatebringer
I'd like it if I didn't have Badger with Firefly. Rapier impact is kinda low for its mag size.

TheOddOne

Do we post PvP replays here? This is the game that got me the highest score on my profile. Control on Twilight Gap, 44 kills, 7.33 KDR, 9740 points.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ua8GN8hLQis&list=UUgPZYrulZLdhOdnmGegpU7g

The Last Word is the only word as far as PvP goes for me. This is a bit of an older video, I'm a 32 now but TLW is still my PvP mainstay. Have yet to find anything to replace it, I tried Thorn for a bit but couldn't get a feel for it. Maybe if I ever get a Hawkmoon...
Now I want The Last Word.

Great match!

WipedOut

I had one of each and it felt like a chore to play this game, Now I have 3 hunters and it's so much more enjoyable. I do have raid armor for all 3 and two of them are lvl 32. I need 31 more shards to make the last one 32.

patchday

I think that was true in the VoG but I don't think it really matters anymore. With the vastly improved drop rates in the CE raid and the radiant mats economy, I think you get to 32 just as fast having one of each vs having three of the same alts.

Edit: besides trading your armor in the vault is a huge pain.

Yeah that has to be one the most mind blowing, awful game design decisions Bungie could have made.

But yeah the game is sadly skewed towards having 3 alts of the same class. If you want to level up your armor fast- just switch it over to an alt. That's what I do with my Titans. When one titan runs out of the bounties, just switch to another titan and level up the armor

I just dont see them fixing this anytime soon. They still need to grant more bounties. Diablo 3 has a cfrapton of dailies. Then I play a bit of Destiny and I want to punch myself when I ran out of bounties fast

I have 2 titans and 1 Hunter. Titans hit L32 in bout 2 weeks after purchasing expansion. Hunter still lacking a gear piece. Game has awful RPG design through and through but its crazy fun shooter

Rubenov

Yeah no fucking way matchmaking is random when 80%+ of my games with randoms end up with me at the top/near the top with us losing...

This just happened...

Crucible Team RNG why have you forsaken me

Top Bottom