• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

Looking for 2 to run normal crota from scratch, helping out some friends on their first run.

1. DeathJr.
2. Friend
3. Friend's friend
4. Friend's friends' friend

No experience required, join on ruthlesbarbarian

GutZ31

Honestly, I don't even have great weapons so I'm probably way too much of a liability for hard mode.

I always want to do it and then I talk myself out of trying lol

To successfully down crota on hard, you need at least 3 Gjallarhorn shots to hit him in a timely manner.
If you have one person shooting 2 Ghorn rockets, and 2 people doing damage at the same time with primary, heavy, or sniper rifle, you can down crota. It is pretty bad to do it that way, as the one guy with Ghorn will get to the point where he runs out of shots if hes the only one with one.

28s can get carried just fine, but starting at DSinger they are 4 levels down and enemies are immune to all damage.

I've done a few normal Scrota kills where 3 characters were low level alts (27 or 28) and just suicided at the start.

As long as there is one Titan on the team (doesn't even have to be you), you could be "boomer duty." Just have the Titan put up the bubble on the side and then dance the night away as a distraction method. Works even better than actually trying to shoot boomers, and still leaves 4 people for shield breaks along with the sword runner.

I actually am a Titan and, oddly enough, know the hard mode routine pretty well. I've never been a part of a successful kill...but a bunch of us spent a lovely 3ish hours trying to do it once.

Hugstable

Banned
Hey I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me and my bro with doing the weekly strike? I'm level 29 and he's level 28.

I'm on PSN also

To successfully down crota on hard, you need at least 3 Gjallarhorn shots to hit him in a timely manner.
If you have one person shooting 2 Ghorn rockets, and 2 people doing damage at the same time with primary, heavy, or sniper rifle, you can down crota. It is pretty bad to do it that way, as the one guy with Ghorn will get to the point where he runs out of shots if hes the only one with one.

You don't need any GHorns, just coordinated DPS. Can be Hunger of Scrotas, etc. Just need to have the timing consistent and it's made even easier with a Hunter doing sword since they can stay invis and wait for him to fall.

I actually am a Titan and, oddly enough, know the hard mode routine pretty well. I've never been a part of a successful kill...but a bunch of us spent a lovely 3ish hours trying to do it once.

Yeah, Scrota is like that. Should be a first time kill every time but can often devolve into nonsense laggy glitches. Like I said, hopefully I can get back online in a bit and help if people are still looking to do it.

Insaniac

Looking for 2 to run normal crota from scratch, helping out some friends on their first run.

1. DeathJr.
2. Friend
3. Friend's friend

sent u an FR, TheLintendo still got room?

damn, thanks for clearing that up.

do you know why they've decided this approach and if they plan to implement matchmaking at any point?

i'll try inviting people again later but i think this is the end of destiny for me. it's a slow grind but it's been quite enjoyable (or i wouldn't have played this much) but this is just gonna slow it down even more.

There is no matchmaking in those playlist because it requires team coordination and survivability and random people usually screw up or die pretty easy making the game a chore or not fun at all, so yeah Bungie push the player to gather friends or being in a comunity to organize and coordinate the raids, nightfalls and weeklies.

Still weeklies should be in matchmaking at least for me.

Can L28s do Crota normal? was going to help out some randoms but noticed two of them were L28s. I've never seen anyone lower than L30 in a Gaf Crota raid

Mmmm no, by personal experience 28 can pass trought the lamps area hardly and is nearly impossible after the bridge part

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
If we can get someone with the checkpoint and enough gjallerhorns to actually do HM Crota I'm down but since I don't have either to bring to the table, I was just hoping for Normal.

I have HM Crota checkpoint and Gjallarhorn ready to go with a 32 Titan. PSN Tokunbo.

Cybrwzrd

Banned
Anyone up to kill Normal Crota? We got really close earlier but sadly ran into a bunch of glitches and bad luck. I've got the CP. (Ideally someone experienced or 32 can take the sword)
PSN: xGrief

1. xGrief

Sorry, I thought it was fresh

GutZ31

You don't need any GHorns, just coordinated DPS. Can be Hunger of Scrotas, etc. Just need to have the timing consistent and it's made even easier with a Hunter doing sword since they can stay invis and wait for him to fall.

Yeah, Scrota is like that. Should be a first time kill every time but can often devolve into nonsense laggy glitches. Like I said, hopefully I can get back online in a bit and help if people are still looking to do it.

Yeah, you don't need a GHorn to down crota, but I was using it as a damage gage.
If it takes that many Gjallarhorn shots, the thing is hard to take down.
On normal, crota's shield goes down with 1 GHorn, and one random rocket from your faction of choice.
If you have 3 people shoot 1 hunger of crota each, crota will not go down on hard mode, you need at least 4, and someone shooting a primary to make sure its all working.

Lag induced glitches seem to be the biggest problem with finishing crota though, not firepower.

I have seen the sword disappear so many times on the last run, that it makes me not ever want to do the hard crota raid again.

Cybrwzrd

Banned

1. DeathJr.
2. Friend
3. Friend's friend

Still have room? Psn Cybrwzrd2

grief

I have HM Crota checkpoint and Gjallarhorn ready to go with a 32 Titan. PSN Tokunbo.

Alright cool, I'll start inviting people then. I don't see you online Gutz....
As always, I'll try not to be a liability with my average guns and gear.

1. grief
2. gutz
3. TheOMan

GutZ31

Alright cool, I'll start inviting people then. I don't see you online Gutz....
As always, I'll try not to be a liability with my average guns and gear.

1. grief
2. gutz
3. TheOMan

I'll be on in a bit. finishing some things up.

Need one more for Normal Crota fresh run. We are running by buddy who is only 29, through his first CE run. The rest of the team is experienced.

psn gutterboy44

If you have 3 people shoot 1 hunger of crota each, crota will not go down on hard mode, you need at least 4, and someone shooting a primary to make sure its all working.

Lag induced glitches seem to be the biggest problem with finishing crota though, not firepower.

I have seen the sword disappear so many times on the last run, that it makes me not ever want to do the hard crota raid again.

Right, I getcha. The beauty of Titan bubble distraction is you still have 4 people who can do one rocket of their choice each then switch to primary to tick him to make sure he's down. The only issues I ever see in various groups is that people don't actually fire their rockets each time and don't speak up if they are out, etc.

But like you said the only real "challenge" is the glitchy bs I've bitched about a million times, haha. Sword disappearing is a real treat. I wanted to be done with this fight after my first kill but I love this community even more than I hate that fight (which is saying a lot).

Why is every other Clash map that Anomaly one? I haven't played any of the normal ones all day. It's just been that and the Shrine map on a constant rotation. wtf?

First hard crota run and we get him to 0 health and instead of dying he got up and killed the sword bearer. The encounter is so easy now but the bugs. We did 2 straight flawless runs but bugs and lag fucked us over.

Top Bottom