• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

Sullichin

Anyone actually like Super Good Advice? I almost never see it. I'm a big time Thunderlord user. Could upgrade SGA at Xur but don't see the point. Would be interesting to see if someone made a case for this weapon other than it being pretty decent at killing Oracles. Surely not worth upgrading to 331 for this purpose?

Anyone actually like Super Good Advice? I almost never see it. I'm a big time Thunderlord user. Could upgrade SGA at Xur but don't see the point. Would be interesting to see if someone made a case for this weapon other than it being pretty decent at killing Oracles. Surely not worth upgrading to 331 for this purpose?

I love SGA, my favourite sounding weapon in the game, it may be outclassed by Thunderlord and some legendary HMGs but it has utility not just as an Oracle/Oversoul killer but for locking an area down, providing cover fire and being super effective in close to mid range.
It has recoil sure, but so does IceBreaker and folk got used to that.

TL;DR SGA is underrated and sounds sexy

kidko

Anyone have Gorgon CP? I'm remote playing from out of town and looking for low-intesity stuff I can knock out from the Vita

nightmare-slain

Gold Member
sorry if this is a dumb question but do weekly strikes not have match making like raids? cause i've tried doing them and it ends up just myself and there's no damn way i can solo this.

really wish there was matchmaking for this. i tried going back to the tower to invite people to join me but after bout half an hour i still hadn't got anyone to join. i really need them strange coins/marks to try get better armor. it's just a load of hassle and i'm gonna need to do it every time i want to do the strike and i'm looking at about 10 runs at least.

sorry if this is a dumb question but do weekly strikes not have match making like raids? cause i've tried doing them and it ends up just myself and there's no damn way i can solo this.

really wish there was matchmaking for this. i tried going back to the tower to invite people to join me but after bout half an hour i still hadn't got anyone to join. i really need them strange coins/marks to try get better armor. it's just a load of hassle and i'm gonna need to do it every time i want to do the strike and i'm looking at about 10 runs at least.

Yes, still not matchmaking for weeklies and nightfalls.

Still you can find plenty of people here who wants to do strikes with other people.

GutZ31

Yes, they are completely voluntary.
If you want help, you either join someone doing it already, put a party together to do it, or invite others to your game for it.

nightmare-slain

Gold Member
Yes, still not matchmaking for weeklies and nightfalls

damn, thanks for clearing that up.

do you know why they've decided this approach and if they plan to implement matchmaking at any point?

i'll try inviting people again later but i think this is the end of destiny for me. it's a slow grind but it's been quite enjoyable (or i wouldn't have played this much) but this is just gonna slow it down even more.

do you know why they've decided this approach and if they plan to implement matchmaking at any point?

i'll try inviting people again later but i think this is the end of destiny for me. it's a slow grind but it's been quite enjoyable (or i wouldn't have played this much) but this is just gonna slow it down even more.

Oddly enough you've stumbled into the best place to find people for the weekly events. Just post something like this:

EXAMPLE FOLLOWS:
Looking for two for weekly/nightfall
1. me (PSN x)

GutZ31

Nightfalls are tests of skill and survivability.
Similar to Raids, you need to put your own team together to have a chance at success.
Nightfalls can be soloed, but it takes a whole lot more out of the player, and a level at least 29 is practically mandatory.

You are on gaf, check the first post in this thread, you will see a list of people you have an opportunity to play with.
If you are just a solo player, then destiny is really not for you.
Everything in destiny is co-op, and asks for team work.

Definity

Best bet is try and join a gaf team. More people are running them at reset though which happens every Tuesday.

No matchmaking and not on the horizon yet. Use here if you're on PS4 or destinylfg.net for any other system. Best times to get those strikes in though are probablyTuesdays when everyone else is knocking them out.

grief

Anyone up to kill Normal Crota? We got really close earlier but sadly ran into a bunch of glitches and bad luck. I've got the CP. (Ideally someone experienced or 32 can take the sword)
PSN: xGrief

1. xGrief

patchday

Can L28s do Crota normal? was going to help out some randoms but noticed two of them were L28s. I've never seen anyone lower than L30 in a Gaf Crota raid

LiK

Can L28s do Crota normal? was going to help out some randoms but noticed two of them were L28s. I've never seen anyone lower than L30 in a Gaf Crota raid

no, 30 is the minimum. even if you're 29, you'll do no damage. anyone lower than 30 is basically dead weight.

GutZ31

Possible? Yes.
Advised? No.

you need at least 1 level 31 to handle the sword on the crota part.
Everything else is possible with underlevels.

no, 30 is the minimum. even if you're 29, you'll do no damage.

Yeah, this at the last encounter with crota's goons.
Level 28s will do jack to the hive spawns.

Anyone up to kill Normal Crota? We got really close earlier but sadly ran into a bunch of glitches and bad luck. I've got the CP. (Ideally someone experienced or 32 can take the sword)

1. xGrief
I can run sword if you need it.
Edit: lol I think drizzay and I are the few gafgers crazy enough to carry low levels thro the raids :p

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

Ironically, you've posted the sentiment that you might quit in the absolute best place you can be to make your experience with this game better. There is an extremely strong community here and having one to rely on is, to some extent, what the game is really all about. I've had a busy weekend but I'm usually pretty quick to jump in and help with a weekly strike.
no, 30 is the minimum. even if you're 29, you'll do no damage.
29s can do (very gimped) damage to Normal CE enemies. 28s can during the Abyss but not past that.

grief

I still need a hard mode crota kill for my level 31 worlock if you guys end up doing that instead.

If we can get someone with the checkpoint and enough gjallerhorns to actually do HM Crota I'm down but since I don't have either to bring to the table, I was just hoping for Normal.

GutZ31

If we can get someone with the checkpoint and enough gjallerhorns to actually do HM Crota I'm down but since I don't have either to bring to the table, I was just hoping for Normal.

That would be a godsend if anyone doesn't mind another 31 (and a half)

Whose idea was it to include radiant materials?

My 31 will bring a Gjallarhorn, and pretty much all the good guns needed to do damage.
As well as plenty of heavy ammo packs.

I can run sword if you need it.
Edit: lol I think drizzay and I are the few gafgers crazy enough to carry low levels thro the raids :p

lol me and rawr have a lot in common...

I've been out of the thread/Destiny a lot recently but might be able to get back on here in a little bit. Normal Crota only needs 2, maybe 3 people tops and the rest can be low level alts and still clear very easily.Apologies if I missed out on people trying to do stuff, hopefully I'll be around more "tonight" / tomorrow to help if people still want to do flawless runs or Crota kills, w/e.

Also, I was kinda late to the party with Twilight/zoba looking for a HM Crota group, just send me a PM or something if we get a time set up to do it. Happy to help whenever, as long as I've got a little advance warning to make sure I'm available then.

My 31 will bring a Gjallarhorn, and pretty much all the good guns needed to do damage.
As well as plenty of heavy ammo packs.

Honestly, I don't even have great weapons so I'm probably way too much of a liability for hard mode.

I always want to do it and then I talk myself out of trying lol

lupin23rd

1. xGrief

I could do a normal Crota kill on my aly for another chance at Black Hammer. No sword experience, but if we have a guy like Rawr it won't take long.

28s can get carried just fine, but starting at DSinger they are 4 levels down and enemies are immune to all damage.

I've done a few normal Scrota kills where 3 characters were low level alts (27 or 28) and just suicided at the start.

Honestly, I don't even have great weapons so I'm probably way too much of a liability for hard mode.

I always want to do it and then I talk myself out of trying lol

As long as there is one Titan on the team (doesn't even have to be you), you could be "boomer duty." Just have the Titan put up the bubble on the side and then dance the night away as a distraction method. Works even better than actually trying to shoot boomers, and still leaves 4 people for shield breaks along with the sword runner.

I'm gonna have to start coming here to find raid groups lol. Using DestinyLFG is a huge hit or miss, and I've been mostly getting misses lately. I was in a group that couldn't even get past the lanterns, so I had to bring my Hunter in to solo it, and it seemed no one even knew how to do the sword bridge, so I just left.

Do we have a significant amount of XB1 players here?

LiK

I'm gonna have to start coming here to find raid groups lol. Using DestinyLFG is a huge hit or miss, and I've been mostly getting misses lately. I was in a group that couldn't even get past the lanterns, so I had to bring my Hunter in to solo it, and it seemed no one even knew how to do the sword bridge, so I just left.

Do we have a significant amount of XB1 players here?

there's a list someone is keeping updated. you can find plenty of XB1 players here.

Top Bottom