• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

noomi

I'm done for the night. Need to keep an eye for the storm coming tomorrow as well. Hopefully no work.

Im always down to do rocs or whatever searching for that Hawkmoon, hit me up!!!

I think we're the last 3 gaffers that don't have the hawkmoon.... I've just about lost hope though....

50 roc strikes in 2 days for me, and easily over 100 over the last 2 weeks....I've had plan c drop, no land beyond, and Monte Carlo so far. I'm really getting burnt out on the game looking for this gun. I think if this reset doesn't bring it to me, I will need to take a break for my own mental health.

I haven't had an addiction to a game this bad since the first few years of WoW. What is happening to me...

Need 3 for CE normal Crota checkpoint. At least one experienced sword bearer would be preferable. PSN ArkkAngel007 (or FirewallkR or x_Magik_ox if you have them already on your FR)

I think we're the last 3 gaffers that don't have the hawkmoon.... I've just about lost hope though....

50 roc strikes in 2 days for me, and easily over 100 over the last 2 weeks....I've had plan c drop, no land beyond, and Monte Carlo so far. I'm really getting burnt out on the game looking for this gun. I think if this reset doesn't bring it to me, I will need to take a break for my own mental health.

I haven't had an addiction to a game this bad since the first few years of WoW. What is happening to me...

I am also hawkless

2real4tv

Nice try Crota

QB7GJiS.gif

Nice :D

cilonen

I'm in the club. No Gjallarhorn either. They're the two I really want too.

this thread has grinded to a halt. so many people are taking a break or stopped playing. getting harder and harder to get into Roc and PVP groups. curious how it goes this week after reset. i think CE HM has burnt people out or pissed them off. heh

There's just nothing left to do in the game. Once you have all exotics, there's nothing to play for. I'm speaking for myself of course

I mean I would love some legendary non raid weapons with cool perks but those drops are so rare. One thing that kept me playing was leveling the factions but I'm so tired of getting ascendant materials/motes of light/strange coins as rewards that I don't care anymore. Even a faction shader would be nice

Lnkn52

I hope you guys are around for this week's reset. It's going to be the first time where I'll be able to play for more than hour on a Tuesday evening.

PSN is down. Probably the lowest traffic Sunday due to the Super Bowl, so there's no excuse.

Can't bring up Friends list to add you NB, and people are getting error messages in accepting invites.

M3Rocket

If there's still a spot I would like to go. I've been wanting to take crota down since I hit 32 on my Warlock on wednesday. PSN: hedera_

Congrats on your first hard Crota kill! 😀 Hope you got the weapons you wanted.

@Tokunbo: Let me know if you need help later. Sorry you had to go.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Alright - I want to finish this Crota dude on hard. I have the Crota checkpoint, a 32 Titan and Gjallarhorn at the ready.

Tick221, if you're available, I'll save you a spot until we get 5, then I'll probably open it up. Let me know if that works for you.

I'd love to get some combination of the teams that I ran with yesterday as I'm sure some of you want some closure on this, but anybody who needs it is welcome.

Crota HM Raid - starting from the Crota encounter. Starting when we have 6. An experienced swordwielder would be awesome too.

1. Tokunbo
2. Tick221
3. HZoltan969
4. hedera_
5. M3Rocket
6. M3Rocket+1

I need to mention that Gutz was amazing yesterday. Ran the show like a boss. Incredible class act, no joke.

Edit: Full

Sorry I had to bail on you guys right after putting it together lol, but I hope you got it! How'd it go?

grief, sorry about the mixup on my part, we'll run together so we can both end this Crota guy.

Serious F Crota!

Still trying to get my clan their first Crota kill. We are using the bubble distract strategy from the centre ledge. Executing everything perfectly every round. Then any one of the following happens

1. Sword disappears as I run towards it. (I was about 4-5 meters away when sword bearer was killed)
2 I pick sword up. Jump onto rock and crouch to get invis back and the sword warps back to where I picked it up. At this point I am in third person view wondering where the sodding huge sword is.
3. The gatekeeper decides that he wants to chill with the ogres
4. Run my first three strikes through crota. Drop sword and blink strike. I pull back and wait a second or so. Crota starts getting hit. I grab the sword and move in to hit him again. BOOM. He drops his sword on my invisible head as he should be kneeling.

We tried all the usual tricks. Sword bearer as fireteam leader / host. Everyone joining on me in crota.

Most annoying thing is we ran normal beforehand to show some of the new guys through it that haven't done crota before. Didn't see a single one of these issues.

Sorry everyone. Hopefully sometime tomorrow we can pick things up if it doesn't happen tonight.

So DestinyGAF, what shall be our downtime topic this evening? Gotta keep this OT rolling.

cilonen

Serious F Crota!

Still trying to get my clan their first Crota kill. We are using the bubble distract strategy from the centre ledge. Executing everything perfectly every round. Then any one of the following happens

1. Sword disappears as I run towards it. (I was about 4-5 meters away when sword bearer was killed)
2 I pick sword up. Jump onto rock and crouch to get invis back and the sword warps back to where I picked it up. At this point I am in third person view wondering where the sodding huge sword is.
3. The gatekeeper decides that he wants to chill with the ogres
4. Run my first three strikes through crota. Drop sword and blink strike. I pull back and wait a second or so. Crota starts getting hit. I grab the sword and move in to hit him again. BOOM. He drops his sword on my invisible head as he should be kneeling.

We tried all the usual tricks. Sword bearer as fireteam leader / host. Everyone joining on me in crota.

Most annoying thing is we ran normal beforehand to show some of the new guys through it that haven't done crota before. Didn't see a single one of these issues.

That sounds exactly like our issues this weekend. Add in boomer splash damage through the floor as we're waiting for the ogre to come in and one run my distraction bubble inexplicably lasting only 30 secs despite having bastion and it lasting 45 every other time.

Ahh what the fuck!? Servers are down, nooooooooo I still need to finish some Salvage caps to get my platinum. God damn it, I am going to have to wait a month for another shot.

Depends how many exotics you have. If you have lots then yes much higher

I keep hearing that, but don't believe it. I have "lots", but mostly from Xur and exotic bounties. When it comes to "dropped" weapons, it's almost always P&T, DB, NLB, MIDA. I've had a couple of outliers where I got one, Hawkmoon, Truth, Suros, and Monte Carlo, but have never had the following drop - GHorn, Thunderlord, Icebreaker, Plan C, 4th horsemen, TLW, red death, hard light.

How can I have:

I think some OP exotics have a smaller chance to drop than other exotics. Or there is some other bug.

Yep. The Abyss is a survival run but it became clear its more efficient to just send the Hunter forward. Waiting for your team mates is a bigger risk. First time through it was 6 of us shooting hive everywhere and leaving the dead behind. It was rather hectic and fun. The fun got sucked out by the fact solo and the rock are better. The same goes for the bridge encounter which still can be cleared without much team play at all. Legit its rather fun though.

Ir Yut has always been a bad part imho. I never enjoy it much.

Crota on Normal is pretty much a one man show with 5 guys doing boring stuff. Crota Hard is a shitshow.

But after 4 or so runs my verdict already was that CE is quite a shitty Raid thats almost impossible to fix. The balance is fucked up, its way too easy at 32, which is also your max possible level for HM. Which means it can be cleared when no one is on level and HM will be way too easy once you're 33.

Even as a 32 Hard Crota is pretty easy. If it weren't for the constant glitching of course

I keep hearing that, but don't believe it. I have "lots", but mostly from Xur and exotic bounties. When it comes to "dropped" weapons, it's almost always P&T, DB, NLB, MIDA. I've had a couple of outliers where I got one, Hawkmoon, Truth, Suros, and Monte Carlo, but have never had the following drop - GHorn, Thunderlord, Icebreaker, Plan C, 4th horsemen, TLW, red death, hard light.

How can I have:

I think some OP exotics have a smaller chance to drop than other exotics. Or there is some other bug.

That's strange. Every single droppable exotic weapon has dropped for me at least once. I still need the crux though

I think Hawkmoon and ice breaker are the only weapons that have dropped only once now that I think about it.

Top Bottom