• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

Lnkn52

I keep hearing that, but don't believe it. I have "lots", but mostly from Xur and exotic bounties. When it comes to "dropped" weapons, it's almost always P&T, DB, NLB, MIDA. I've had a couple of outliers where I got one, Hawkmoon, Truth, Suros, and Monte Carlo, but have never had the following drop - GHorn, Thunderlord, Icebreaker, Plan C, 4th horsemen, TLW, red death, hard light.

How can I have:

I think some OP exotics have a smaller chance to drop than other exotics. Or there is some other bug.

I feel the same way. Ive gotten 4 hawkmoons. Yet, I've never seen a GHorn.

joecanada

I keep hearing that, but don't believe it. I have "lots", but mostly from Xur and exotic bounties. When it comes to "dropped" weapons, it's almost always P&T, DB, NLB, MIDA. I've had a couple of outliers where I got one, Hawkmoon, Truth, Suros, and Monte Carlo, but have never had the following drop - GHorn, Thunderlord, Icebreaker, Plan C, 4th horsemen, TLW, red death, hard light.

How can I have:

I think some OP exotics have a smaller chance to drop than other exotics. Or there is some other bug.

Yeah I know what you mean but it could be because of small sample size. but yeah its a suspect system

M3Rocket

Sorry I had to bail on you guys right after putting it together lol, but I hope you got it! How'd it go?

grief, sorry about the mixup on my part, we'll run together so we can both end this Crota guy.

No problem! Real life first always!

Thanks for putting it together. I got another friend to take your place. We killed Crota in just a short time. I can help if you need as well.

Lnkn52

8mujFnj.png

Honestly, I won't give Hard Crota much more than a half hour unless I know the people in the group, and they really want it. If someone is dying for the scout, or crux, then I'll do it for them, but there isn't anything there that I consider worth the time investment. I'd rather grind some crucible for the scout with firefly that I haven't got around to doing.

Fang of Ir Yut is much better than the rapier. It's worth doing hard mode CE for the abyss defiant and the Fang. Both are fantastic weapons

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
No problem! Real life first always!

Thanks for putting it together. I got another friend to take your place. We killed Crota in just a short time. I can help if you need as well.

Thanks, might take you up on that. What strategy did you guys use? Middle window and bubble distract on the right?

Fang of Ir Yut is much better than the rapier. It's worth doing hard mode CE for the abyss defiant and the Fang. Both are fantastic weapons

To be honest once I get the Fang and MAYBE the crux (if it drops first...) I'll end up dropping Hard Crota. I still have fun running that raid; its kind of a challenge for me now to see how FEW people I can do each part with.

Even as a 32 Hard Crota is pretty easy. If it weren't for the constant glitching of course

That's strange. Every single droppable exotic weapon has dropped for me at least once. I still need the crux though

I think Hawkmoon and ice breaker are the only weapons that have dropped only once now that I think about it.

What are you guys doing to get so many exotic rng drops anyway? I've gotten exactly one in 2d 16h of play, from my first nightfall weekly. Hell, I think I've only gotten one or two legendary engrams. I do play a lot of crucible, if that explains things, and hardly ever do Rocs

M3Rocket

Thanks, might take you up on that. What strategy did you guys use? Middle window and bubble distract on the right?

The friend that I pulled in is a Sniper Elite in distracting/killing the Boomers. So we switched it up to middle platform with sniper distract, lower right tower for Shrek & Fiona. We had plenty of Titans, so bubble on left entrance for safety in/out of crystal room when possible.

The two other teammates I brought along--Boomer Sniper and Swordbearer--we play together a lot. That and the entire team was super great with the timing and communication. That all makes the runs super easy. That's why DGAF is so awesome!

btkadams

I've still never beaten crota's end on hard :(

Been stuck at crota all weekend. Anyone forming a group? I have the checkpoint. I'm in orbit right now.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
I'm surprised people still give a shit about the crux. Necrochasm is an exotic Aetheon's Epilogue.

Well, if you're like some people, you just want to be able to rub it in others faces even though it's 100% luck based. Some people are just desperate for attention, I guess :p.

tick221

The friend that I pulled in is a Sniper Elite in distracting/killing the Boomers. So we switched it up to middle platform with sniper distract, lower right tower for Shrek & Fiona. We had plenty of Titans, so bubble on left entrance for safety in/out of crystal room when possible.

The two other teammates I brought along--Boomer Sniper and Swordbearer--we play together a lot. That and the entire team was super great with the timing and communication. That all makes the runs super easy. That's why DGAF is so awesome!

Yeah a really good group!!

Rocket - where was your guy sniping from? If you could explain what he was doing I'd appreciate it. It worked great and saved the orbs for the door shields

Bungie seems to be afraid of their guns being too powerful for PVP so they end up being trash. not a single TDB exotic is any good.

There is no other explanation is there? But even that doesn't make sense cause they can just balance their weapons right? There really is no excuse for the DLC exotics to be this bad

What are you guys doing to get so many exotic rng drops anyway? I've gotten exactly one in 2d 16h of play, from my first nightfall weekly. Hell, I think I've only gotten one or two legendary engrams. I do play a lot of crucible, if that explains things, and hardly ever do Rocs

You haven't played enough honestly. I've spent hundreds of hours with 3 characters playing this game

And crucible doesn't seem to be as generous with exotics as PVE. You need to do the raids and the weekly night falls. If you have 3 characters then that's even more chances at exotics

There is no other explanation is there? But even that doesn't make sense cause they can just balance their weapons right? There really is no excuse for the DLC exotics to be this bad

If dragons breath had tracking it would be truly exotic. Even if they made it so you need to get cross hair over target slightly longer than normal to engage the tracking. Gives you the flexibility of firing where you want and tracking.

No land beyond need a major overhaul. That is just a troll weapon. Not used the other TDB exotics so can't comment on how i would improve them

Top Bottom